The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Rightey
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Rightey » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:32 am

Blue Canary wrote:

I can't tell if this show if brilliant or terrible, but all I know is that I love it.


I've watched the first 2 episodes on Funimation's site, why was each episode almost exactly the same but they changed the voices?

Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.

Image
User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Qikz » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:40 am

Rightey wrote:
Blue Canary wrote:

I can't tell if this show if brilliant or terrible, but all I know is that I love it.


I've watched the first 2 episodes on Funimation's site, why was each episode almost exactly the same but they changed the voices?


They've probably strawberry floated around with it.

Each episode is 20 minutes. It's 10 minute per chunk and they have male and female voices each episode (so 10 minutes of each voice). Some of the jokes sound wildly different depending on the voices. They also change the voiceactors every single episode.

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
User avatar
Blue Canary
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Blighty

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Blue Canary » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:08 pm

Qikz wrote:
Rightey wrote:
Blue Canary wrote:

I can't tell if this show if brilliant or terrible, but all I know is that I love it.


I've watched the first 2 episodes on Funimation's site, why was each episode almost exactly the same but they changed the voices?


They've probably strawberry floated around with it.

Each episode is 20 minutes. It's 10 minute per chunk and they have male and female voices each episode (so 10 minutes of each voice). Some of the jokes sound wildly different depending on the voices. They also change the voiceactors every single episode.


There's also Japonmignon which only gets translated in the second half.

User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Qikz » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:03 pm

Trigger have done it again. I LOVE DARLING IN THE FRANX. HOLY gooseberry fool <3

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
User avatar
Jam-Master Jay
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Lord Hypnos
Location: Stourbridge
Contact:

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Jam-Master Jay » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:06 pm

Not really been paying attention to anime of late although I am enjoying the new series of Saiki Kusuo no Psi-nan. Darling in the Franxx looks like it could be quite promising so I'll check that out soon too.

Trigger. :wub:

Image
Gemini73

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Gemini73 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:28 pm

Bought this today from our local comic shop. :)

Image

It's bloody marvellous. I still have the anime on VHS, (hopefully the live action movie will see a re-release of the anime), but never fully read the Manga.

Vol. 1 & 2 on order.

User avatar
masa
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by masa » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:32 am

classic Alita is absolutely fantastic, a true gem of sci-fi manga and sci-fi storytelling in general. One of my faves, highly recommended to anyone

unfortunately i got bored with Last Order, soz Kishiro

User avatar
FudgeDiver
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by FudgeDiver » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:40 am

seto no hanayome is pinnacle of the medium, close the thread

User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Lagamorph » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:11 pm

That new Godzilla anime on Netflix is pretty damned good. Really looking forward to the next part.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Rightey
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Rightey » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:18 pm

FudgeDiver wrote:seto no hanayome is pinnacle of the medium, close the thread


Image

Truly an amazing show.

I still think this may have been one of my all time favourite gags...

Image

Last edited by Rightey on Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.

Image
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Lagamorph » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:26 pm

Rightey wrote:Image

Large anime man died on the way back to his home planet.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
FudgeDiver
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by FudgeDiver » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:56 pm

Rightey wrote:
FudgeDiver wrote:seto no hanayome is pinnacle of the medium, close the thread


Image

Truly an amazing show.

I still think this may have been one of my all time favourite gags...

Image


Masa-san~~~

User avatar
Rightey
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Rightey » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:57 am

FudgeDiver wrote:
Rightey wrote:
FudgeDiver wrote:seto no hanayome is pinnacle of the medium, close the thread


Image

Truly an amazing show.

I still think this may have been one of my all time favourite gags...

Image


Masa-san~~~


If you liked it I would also highly recommend Nourin, it's a great comedy.

Example:

Image

Image

I'm all caught up on DBZ Super, damn it's getting good.

The fight between Toppo and Frieza :lol:

Image

Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.

Image
User avatar
Vermilion
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Vermilion » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:36 am

Posted this in the TV show thread...

The Squid Girl

Picked it up on DVD from HMV recently because, well, umm, actually i have no idea. Anyhow, it is really, really weird stuff, so Japanese in every possible way, yet it's overall strangeness is mixed with likeable characters and fun (if short) episodes.

I really have never seen anything else like it


I'm guessing some of you folks have watched it? If so, what did you think?

On a separate note, i've also been enjoying Digimon Adventure Tri, watched the first three installments so far and am now waiting for the next set of releases on DVD/Blu.

User avatar
Jezo
Member
Joined in 2015
AKA: Jezo
Contact:

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Jezo » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:51 am

Who's keeping up with Naruto Shippuden dubbed?

User avatar
Rightey
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Rightey » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:22 pm

Vermilion wrote:Posted this in the TV show thread...

The Squid Girl

Picked it up on DVD from HMV recently because, well, umm, actually i have no idea. Anyhow, it is really, really weird stuff, so Japanese in every possible way, yet it's overall strangeness is mixed with likeable characters and fun (if short) episodes.

I really have never seen anything else like it


I'm guessing some of you folks have watched it? If so, what did you think?


I remember I tried watching one or two episodes of this but it never really stuck for me. Might have to go back and take another look as I remember it being pretty popular at the time.

Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.

Image
User avatar
Jam-Master Jay
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Lord Hypnos
Location: Stourbridge
Contact:

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Jam-Master Jay » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:06 pm

For the first time in months I've been able to start a new manga series without giving up after 15 minutes. Decided to read Boys on the Run now that the translation has been completed and having enjoyed some of the authors other works (I Am A Hero). 3 volumes in and I remember reading some of this years ago, but it must have got buried under the hundreds of other series I was reading at the time :lol: There have been brief glimpses of what the story is going to turn into but right now I'm enjoying watching the MC bumble his way through his day-to-day life - something which this author is very good at portraying in his manga.

Jezo wrote:Who's keeping up with Naruto Shippuden dubbed?


What point is the dub at now? I gave up on the sub and dub years ago and instead read the manga as the amount of filler was painful to watch. Tried dipping back in for the Boruto adaptation but aside from 1 or 2 episodes it has also been nothing but filler.

If only more shounen battle series got the seasonal Boku no Hero Academia treatment. Instead, the terrible Black Clover manga gets a 51 episode season in an attempt to become the new Naruto and somehow makes the series even more unbearable to sit through. :lol:

Image
User avatar
Jezo
Member
Joined in 2015
AKA: Jezo
Contact:

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Jezo » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:22 pm

Ye I picked up sub as soon as I had caught up with dub, then caught up with sub around 420 where they absolutely butcher the story into tiny bite size pieces and read the last 3 volumes of the manga.

My gf doesn't like subs tho, so I've been watching dubbed with her. They're only at like episode 410 or something, mid-filler. Have yet to start Boruto, sucks if it's also riddled with filler as you say.

User avatar
Jam-Master Jay
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Lord Hypnos
Location: Stourbridge
Contact:

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Jam-Master Jay » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:51 pm

Boruto is a weird one in that the anime starts at a point before the manga, be it the Sarada-centric chapters from Naruto or the Boruto spinoff itself. It takes until around episode 20 to get to Sarada's arc iirc and although that arc was handled pretty well with some great animation for a Sakura fight of all things the quality dropped once more shortly after. I believe they recently covered Mitsuki's special chapter but have yet to even bother watching it due to the overall disappointment I felt with the series thus far.

I think the Boruto anime is going to suffer with filler for the long run due to the Boruto manga being monthly and only recently starting its own original content - up until a few chapters ago it was a slightly altered retelling of the Boruto movie.

Image
User avatar
Rightey
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Japanese Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga Thread
by Rightey » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:46 am

Anyone watched Girls Last Tour? I just finished it on Amazon Prime, I'm a bit dissapointed by the ending.

Image

It sort of reminded me of the ending to Metro 2033. Those mutants they find are clearly a pretty big threat to every living thing left on earth, they should have nuked 'em... or at the very least tried to get them to hold off with the whole consuming all energy on Earth thing until they get some solar panels up and running.

Seems they went a bit nihilistic with the ending, not really my cup of tea.

Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.

Image

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Garth, Google [Bot], MSN [Bot], Snowcannon and 56 guests