Marvel’s Avengers | PS4/XBO/PC/Stadia | 09.20 | Beta now on (PS4 pre-orders only this weekend)

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Marvel’s Avengers | PS4/XBO/PC/Stadia | 09.20 | NEW GAMEPLAY/TRAILER PG.8
by Corazon de Leon » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:00 am

Jenuall wrote:[sarcasm]Again, so glad Deus Ex dies to bring us such an amazing looking title as this, great work everyone! [/sarcasm]

Every reaction and bit of feedback that seems to have been given since they first showed any of this (what, 2 years ago?) has been that it looks gooseberry fool but zero effort seems to have been taken to actually do anything about that.


Did they really kill the Deus Ex franchise off to make this game? It looks so, so dull.

Image
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Marvel’s Avengers | PS4/XBO/PC/Stadia | 09.20 | NEW GAMEPLAY/TRAILER PG.8
by OrangeRKN » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:11 am

Better image of Hawkeye's design:

Image

Image
Image
orkn.uk - SW-6533-2461-3235 - @OrangeRakoon - ACNH Howdyfern
User avatar
Memento Mori
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: Marvel’s Avengers | PS4/XBO/PC/Stadia | 09.20 | NEW GAMEPLAY/TRAILER PG.8
by Memento Mori » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:33 am

Corazon de Leon wrote:
Jenuall wrote:[sarcasm]Again, so glad Deus Ex dies to bring us such an amazing looking title as this, great work everyone! [/sarcasm]

Every reaction and bit of feedback that seems to have been given since they first showed any of this (what, 2 years ago?) has been that it looks gooseberry fool but zero effort seems to have been taken to actually do anything about that.


Did they really kill the Deus Ex franchise off to make this game? It looks so, so dull.

Mankind Divided probably killed Deus Ex off by not selling.

User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: Marvel’s Avengers | PS4/XBO/PC/Stadia | 09.20 | NEW GAMEPLAY/TRAILER PG.8
by BID0 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:36 am

I can't believe how many resources they're sinking in to this to what amounts to a single player campaign with a bolted on survive the waves of enemies online coop mode :lol:

I'm not sure they're going to 1) sell enough costumes to 2) fund more single player story content to 3) keep user engagement to 4) sell more costumes

When people realise you can't play this "ongoing" story with your friends it's probably going to die on its arse

Avenger's doesn't really work as a game concept (as much as I'd like it to) because of how diverse the character/game mechanics need to be. You either end up with a bunch of characters that do similar things or you have a very basic move set for each one so you can incorporate different but very basic character traits (LEGO Marvel)

The game looks better than it did but the graphics and style aren't even the biggest problem for me, I just can't see how this concept is going to work. I'll try the beta and hopefully I will be wrong.

User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Marvel’s Avengers | PS4/XBO/PC/Stadia | 09.20 | NEW GAMEPLAY/TRAILER PG.8
by Corazon de Leon » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:01 pm

Memento Mori wrote:
Corazon de Leon wrote:
Jenuall wrote:[sarcasm]Again, so glad Deus Ex dies to bring us such an amazing looking title as this, great work everyone! [/sarcasm]

Every reaction and bit of feedback that seems to have been given since they first showed any of this (what, 2 years ago?) has been that it looks gooseberry fool but zero effort seems to have been taken to actually do anything about that.


Did they really kill the Deus Ex franchise off to make this game? It looks so, so dull.

Mankind Divided probably killed Deus Ex off by not selling.


I guess when you try and cynically rip off BLM for your marketing campaign and try to introduce a tiered buying system that’ll happen to you. What a shame.

Image
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Marvel’s Avengers | PS4/XBO/PC/Stadia | 09.20 | NEW GAMEPLAY/TRAILER PG.8
by OrangeRKN » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:22 pm

Mankind Divided was also only half a game so they could cheap out on production/double their money in sales on the now-cancelled sequel.

BID0 wrote:Avenger's doesn't really work as a game concept (as much as I'd like it to) because of how diverse the character/game mechanics need to be. You either end up with a bunch of characters that do similar things or you have a very basic move set for each one so you can incorporate different but very basic character traits (LEGO Marvel)


I think Marvel Ultimate Alliance does a good job. It's certainly on the simpler side, but much less so than the LEGO games

Image
Image
orkn.uk - SW-6533-2461-3235 - @OrangeRakoon - ACNH Howdyfern
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula

PostRe: Marvel’s Avengers | PS4/XBO/PC/Stadia | 09.20 | NEW GAMEPLAY/TRAILER PG.8
by Jenuall » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:25 pm

Corazon de Leon wrote:
Memento Mori wrote:
Corazon de Leon wrote:
Jenuall wrote:[sarcasm]Again, so glad Deus Ex dies to bring us such an amazing looking title as this, great work everyone! [/sarcasm]

Every reaction and bit of feedback that seems to have been given since they first showed any of this (what, 2 years ago?) has been that it looks gooseberry fool but zero effort seems to have been taken to actually do anything about that.


Did they really kill the Deus Ex franchise off to make this game? It looks so, so dull.

Mankind Divided probably killed Deus Ex off by not selling.

I guess when you try and cynically rip off BLM for your marketing campaign and try to introduce a tiered buying system that’ll happen to you. What a shame.

If Mankind Divided had done better we might well have seen a sequel by now, but yeah the Eidos Montreal team behind the recent Deus Ex games were shoved on to supporting gooseberry fool like this instead sadly

Last edited by Jenuall on Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Memento Mori
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: Marvel’s Avengers | PS4/XBO/PC/Stadia | 09.20 | NEW GAMEPLAY/TRAILER PG.8
by Memento Mori » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:27 pm

A shame because Mankind Divided was a really good game from what I played of it. I should go back and finish it one day.

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula

PostRe: Marvel’s Avengers | PS4/XBO/PC/Stadia | 09.20 | NEW GAMEPLAY/TRAILER PG.8
by Jenuall » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:30 pm

Mankind Divided was fantastic in many ways and actually set up some really interesting stuff, but it was essentially half a game and combine that with the Aug Lives Matter missteps and the horrible preorder incentive focussed marketing campaign and it was always in for a rough wise in terms of sales and reception

Image
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Marvel’s Avengers | PS4/XBO/PC/Stadia | 09.20 | NEW GAMEPLAY/TRAILER PG.8
by Corazon de Leon » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:31 pm

Memento Mori wrote:A shame because Mankind Divided was a really good game from what I played of it. I should go back and finish it one day.


I’ve posted in another thread about it but I’ve bloody loved Human Revolution, and I loved some of the narrative themes they were able to bring into the game. Especially the Picus stuff, about media manipulation. It’s frightening how well some of the messages contained within emails in that level correlate with actual documents I’ve read. :dread:

Image
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Marvel’s Avengers | PS4/XBO/PC/Stadia | 09.20 | NEW GAMEPLAY/TRAILER PG.8
by Mafro » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:10 pm

BID0 wrote:I can't believe how many resources they're sinking in to this to what amounts to a single player campaign with a bolted on survive the waves of enemies online coop mode :lol:

I'm not sure they're going to 1) sell enough costumes to 2) fund more single player story content to 3) keep user engagement to 4) sell more costumes

When people realise you can't play this "ongoing" story with your friends it's probably going to die on its arse

Avenger's doesn't really work as a game concept (as much as I'd like it to) because of how diverse the character/game mechanics need to be. You either end up with a bunch of characters that do similar things or you have a very basic move set for each one so you can incorporate different but very basic character traits (LEGO Marvel)

The game looks better than it did but the graphics and style aren't even the biggest problem for me, I just can't see how this concept is going to work. I'll try the beta and hopefully I will be wrong.

The Ultimate Alliance games have always been the best way to do it.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: Marvel’s Avengers | PS4/XBO/PC/Stadia | 09.20 | NEW GAMEPLAY/TRAILER PG.8
by BID0 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:11 pm

OrangeRKN wrote:
BID0 wrote:Avenger's doesn't really work as a game concept (as much as I'd like it to) because of how diverse the character/game mechanics need to be. You either end up with a bunch of characters that do similar things or you have a very basic move set for each one so you can incorporate different but very basic character traits (LEGO Marvel)


I think Marvel Ultimate Alliance does a good job. It's certainly on the simpler side, but much less so than the LEGO games

Mafro wrote:
BID0 wrote:I can't believe how many resources they're sinking in to this to what amounts to a single player campaign with a bolted on survive the waves of enemies online coop mode :lol:

I'm not sure they're going to 1) sell enough costumes to 2) fund more single player story content to 3) keep user engagement to 4) sell more costumes

When people realise you can't play this "ongoing" story with your friends it's probably going to die on its arse

Avenger's doesn't really work as a game concept (as much as I'd like it to) because of how diverse the character/game mechanics need to be. You either end up with a bunch of characters that do similar things or you have a very basic move set for each one so you can incorporate different but very basic character traits (LEGO Marvel)

The game looks better than it did but the graphics and style aren't even the biggest problem for me, I just can't see how this concept is going to work. I'll try the beta and hopefully I will be wrong.

The Ultimate Alliance games have always been the best way to do it.

Yeh they should have gone more down the route of M:UA, not requiring levels to be built around certain skillsets and having the story more open so it doesn't matter what characters are present.

We will see how this is! The beta starts in like a week on PS4 right?

User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: Marvel’s Avengers | PS4/XBO/PC/Stadia | 09.20 | NEW GAMEPLAY/TRAILER PG.8
by ITSMILNER » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:20 pm

BID0 wrote:
OrangeRKN wrote:
BID0 wrote:Avenger's doesn't really work as a game concept (as much as I'd like it to) because of how diverse the character/game mechanics need to be. You either end up with a bunch of characters that do similar things or you have a very basic move set for each one so you can incorporate different but very basic character traits (LEGO Marvel)


I think Marvel Ultimate Alliance does a good job. It's certainly on the simpler side, but much less so than the LEGO games

Mafro wrote:
BID0 wrote:I can't believe how many resources they're sinking in to this to what amounts to a single player campaign with a bolted on survive the waves of enemies online coop mode :lol:

I'm not sure they're going to 1) sell enough costumes to 2) fund more single player story content to 3) keep user engagement to 4) sell more costumes

When people realise you can't play this "ongoing" story with your friends it's probably going to die on its arse

Avenger's doesn't really work as a game concept (as much as I'd like it to) because of how diverse the character/game mechanics need to be. You either end up with a bunch of characters that do similar things or you have a very basic move set for each one so you can incorporate different but very basic character traits (LEGO Marvel)

The game looks better than it did but the graphics and style aren't even the biggest problem for me, I just can't see how this concept is going to work. I'll try the beta and hopefully I will be wrong.

The Ultimate Alliance games have always been the best way to do it.

Yeh they should have gone more down the route of M:UA, not requiring levels to be built around certain skillsets and having the story more open so it doesn't matter what characters are present.

We will see how this is! The beta starts in like a week on PS4 right?


14th August unless you pre-order in which case you can get in a week earlier.

Long Live Switch Squad!
BOR
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Marvel’s Avengers | PS4/XBO/PC/Stadia | 09.20 | NEW GAMEPLAY/TRAILER PG.8
by BOR » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:12 pm

BOR wrote:

"The job is done, and the bitch is dead."
User avatar
Godzilla
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Marvel’s Avengers | PS4/XBO/PC/Stadia | 09.20 | NEW GAMEPLAY/TRAILER PG.8
by Godzilla » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:09 am

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/new ... sting/amp/

Looks like PS4/5 owners will be getting Spider-Man :shock:

Wish my image sig would work
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Marvel’s Avengers | PS4/XBO/PC/Stadia | 09.20 | NEW GAMEPLAY/TRAILER PG.8
by Tomous » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:26 am

There has been speculation the games are connected too.

In the PS4 game Spidey says this outside Avengers Tower:

Avengers Tower, so cool! Too bad they’re never around to use it. They’re on the west coast or something. Probably surfing.

Image
User avatar
Zilnad
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Marvel’s Avengers | PS4/XBO/PC/Stadia | 09.20 | NEW GAMEPLAY/TRAILER PG.8
by Zilnad » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:30 am

Sony continuing to hold Spidey ransom :lol:

I can't fault them though after how good their Spidey game was.

User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: Marvel’s Avengers | PS4/XBO/PC/Stadia | 09.20 | NEW GAMEPLAY/TRAILER PG.8
by Return_of_the_STAR » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:53 am

How come you can have spiderman in the lego games on all formats?

User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Marvel’s Avengers | PS4/XBO/PC/Stadia | 09.20 | NEW GAMEPLAY/TRAILER PG.8
by Tomous » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:57 am

Return_of_the_STAR wrote:How come you can have spiderman in the lego games on all formats?



Sony only own the movie rights to the character long-term, Marvel still own the videogame rights. We don't really know what they negotiated for the PS4 game though.

Image
User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: Marvel’s Avengers | PS4/XBO/PC/Stadia | 09.20 | NEW GAMEPLAY/TRAILER PG.8
by Return_of_the_STAR » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:20 am

Tomous wrote:
Return_of_the_STAR wrote:How come you can have spiderman in the lego games on all formats?



Sony only own the movie rights to the character long-term, Marvel still own the videogame rights. We don't really know what they negotiated for the PS4 game though.


Why are spiderman solo games only PlayStation in that case?


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BTB, Chocolate-Milk, Cumberdanes, Garth, GrinWithoutaKat, JediDragon05, KjGarly, Lime, Mafro, mysteriousdave, Photek, Somebody Else's Problem and 172 guests