The Coronavirus Cooking Thread

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Rocsteady
Member
Joined in 2008

PostThe Coronavirus Cooking Thread
by Rocsteady » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:14 am

We have plenty of time for it now, anyone got great recipes with minimal ingredients?

Don't want to have to spend more time in the local supermarket than is necessary looking for obscure items, but thought this would be a fun and useful way to broaden our cooking horizons and share what we've been making in lockdown.


This is a recent favourite of mine, really easy curry that tastes brilliant. I chuck in some chopped up pork for additional protein and sustenance:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/tasty.co/a ... tato-curry

Image
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Coronavirus Cooking Thread
by Rex Kramer » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:19 am

I've been making this quite a bit recently

https://www.theguardian.com/food/2020/f ... urnt-chard

It does use stuff that is in limited supply at the moment (tin toms, chickpeas) but if you've got them in then it's relatively easy. Add some meat, halloumi or feta for extra protein or some chopped new potatoes to bulk it out a bit. Every house should have harissa, it's strawberry floating lovely.

User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: The Coronavirus Cooking Thread
by Corazon de Leon » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:39 am

The wife recently started a cooking blog for comfort food-ish recipes. It's not quite minimalist food, but you might get some ideas from it. There are about 40 recipes on there and more go up every week.

https://cookingwithbry.com/

Image
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: The Coronavirus Cooking Thread
by KK » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:43 am

- Fusilli pasta (wholewheat if you're being extra healthy)
- Passata
- Canned Chickpeas
- Shredded Chicken
- Fresh spinach
- Crushed garlic
- Diced Onion
- Chilli
- Salt, pepper, extra virgin olive oil and parmesan to taste

Fry off the onion for a few minutes, then add the garlic, chilli, salt, pepper, and pre-cooked shredded chicken. Bung in the passata and cook for 5 minutes. Add the chickpeas and cook for another 5. Add the bagged spinach and cook until it wilts. Add the cooked pasta (with a bit of the water), stir together, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with parmesan to serve if desired.

Very nice and easy lunch or dinner in 15. Got it from Napolina a few years ago.

Image
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: The Coronavirus Cooking Thread
by Tomous » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:02 pm

Corazon de Leon wrote:The wife recently started a cooking blog for comfort food-ish recipes. It's not quite minimalist food, but you might get some ideas from it. There are about 40 recipes on there and more go up every week.

https://cookingwithbry.com/



Is she getting much traffic? That's a really well laid out food blog, she's got the food photography down too

Image
User avatar
Mini E
Doctor
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: The Coronavirus Cooking Thread
by Mini E » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:05 pm

Corazon de Leon wrote:The wife recently started a cooking blog for comfort food-ish recipes. It's not quite minimalist food, but you might get some ideas from it. There are about 40 recipes on there and more go up every week.

https://cookingwithbry.com/


To echo Tomous, this is a really nice website. Good effort.

User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: The Coronavirus Cooking Thread
by Corazon de Leon » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:09 pm

Thanks guys! Bry's worked pretty hard on it and invested a decent wedge into what is essentially a small home photography studio. The site only went live at the end of January so there's not too much traffic yet, but fingers crossed it takes off! If you see any recipes that take your fancy, let us know. I can vouch for the quality of the food. :D

Image
User avatar
Rocsteady
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Coronavirus Cooking Thread
by Rocsteady » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:12 pm

Rex Kramer wrote:I've been making this quite a bit recently

https://www.theguardian.com/food/2020/f ... urnt-chard

It does use stuff that is in limited supply at the moment (tin toms, chickpeas) but if you've got them in then it's relatively easy. Add some meat, halloumi or feta for extra protein or some chopped new potatoes to bulk it out a bit. Every house should have harissa, it's strawberry floating lovely.

Sounds nice though I think the harissa would be the issue for me, I'd never even heard of it before.

+1 on the nice website cora, will check it out in more detail later. Lucky man if shes rustling all those up!

Image
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: The Coronavirus Cooking Thread
by Lagamorph » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:14 pm

Wondering/worried what's going to end up happening with my dad.

Until last week he was in Spain with work, then got a flight to Amsterdam where he was due to start a new project for work on 1st April and company were paying for him to self isolate in a hotel until then (He hadn't had symptoms or been around anyone with symptoms thankfully), but now there's no telling if that will go ahead or not.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: The Coronavirus Cooking Thread
by Somebody Else's Problem » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:16 pm

Lagamorph wrote:Wondering/worried what's going to end up happening with my dad.

Until last week he was in Spain with work, then got a flight to Amsterdam where he was due to start a new project for work on 1st April and company were paying for him to self isolate in a hotel until then (He hadn't had symptoms or been around anyone with symptoms thankfully), but now there's no telling if that will go ahead or not.


Unless you're planning on cooking him, you're in the wrong thread.

Image
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: The Coronavirus Cooking Thread
by Tomous » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:16 pm

Corazon de Leon wrote:Thanks guys! Bry's worked pretty hard on it and invested a decent wedge into what is essentially a small home photography studio. The site only went live at the end of January so there's not too much traffic yet, but fingers crossed it takes off! If you see any recipes that take your fancy, let us know. I can vouch for the quality of the food. :D



Might give the spicy butternut squash and goats cheese soup a go, big fan of goasts cheese

Image
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: The Coronavirus Cooking Thread
by Corazon de Leon » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:18 pm

Tomous wrote:
Corazon de Leon wrote:Thanks guys! Bry's worked pretty hard on it and invested a decent wedge into what is essentially a small home photography studio. The site only went live at the end of January so there's not too much traffic yet, but fingers crossed it takes off! If you see any recipes that take your fancy, let us know. I can vouch for the quality of the food. :D



Might give the spicy butternut squash and goats cheese soup a go, big fan of goasts cheese


Image

(Couldn't help myself, sorry :oops: )

Image
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: The Coronavirus Cooking Thread
by Lagamorph » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:20 pm

Somebody Else's Problem wrote:
Lagamorph wrote:Wondering/worried what's going to end up happening with my dad.

Until last week he was in Spain with work, then got a flight to Amsterdam where he was due to start a new project for work on 1st April and company were paying for him to self isolate in a hotel until then (He hadn't had symptoms or been around anyone with symptoms thankfully), but now there's no telling if that will go ahead or not.


Unless you're planning on cooking him, you're in the wrong thread.

:slol: :fp:

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Blue Eyes
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: The Coronavirus Cooking Thread
by Blue Eyes » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:42 pm

Tin of sardines in olive oil
One clove of garlic, crushed
One chilli, chopped
100g cooked spaghetti
Tbsp tomato puree
Juice of half a lemon

Heat some of the oil from the sardines in a frying pan and add the garlic and chilli. Cook for a couple minutes until fragrant. Stir in the tomato puree and cook for another minute to heat through and then add the sardines. Stir and break them up to heat through. Add the cooked pasta and mix until coated. Season and add a squeeze of lemon juice.

It's nice it is.

User avatar
Albear
Moderator
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Coronavirus Cooking Thread
by Albear » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:44 pm

Rocsteady wrote:We have plenty of time for it now, anyone got great recipes with minimal ingredients?

Don't want to have to spend more time in the local supermarket than is necessary looking for obscure items, but thought this would be a fun and useful way to broaden our cooking horizons and share what we've been making in lockdown.


This is a recent favourite of mine, really easy curry that tastes brilliant. I chuck in some chopped up pork for additional protein and sustenance:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/tasty.co/a ... tato-curry


I'm cooking this right now, will let you know how it goes. Have a couple of recipes which will share tomorrow

User avatar
Rocsteady
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Coronavirus Cooking Thread
by Rocsteady » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:23 pm

Albear wrote:
Rocsteady wrote:We have plenty of time for it now, anyone got great recipes with minimal ingredients?

Don't want to have to spend more time in the local supermarket than is necessary looking for obscure items, but thought this would be a fun and useful way to broaden our cooking horizons and share what we've been making in lockdown.


This is a recent favourite of mine, really easy curry that tastes brilliant. I chuck in some chopped up pork for additional protein and sustenance:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/tasty.co/a ... tato-curry


I'm cooking this right now, will let you know how it goes. Have a couple of recipes which will share tomorrow

What was the verdict?

Gonna try a stripped back version of this tonight: https://www.mygourmetconnection.com/vie ... ato-sauce/

Image
User avatar
Skarjo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Coronavirus Cooking Thread
by Skarjo » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:38 pm

I made a strawberry floating awesome bacon macaroni cheese, and we’ve also made arepas and gnocchi.

Karl wrote:Can't believe I got baited into expressing a political stance on hentai

Skarjo's Scary Stories...
User avatar
Blue Eyes
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: The Coronavirus Cooking Thread
by Blue Eyes » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:48 pm

Skarjo wrote:I made a strawberry floating awesome bacon macaroni cheese, and we’ve also made arepas and gnocchi.

Pics or it's a lie.

User avatar
<]:^D
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Coronavirus Cooking Thread
by <]:^D » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:10 pm

Lagamorph wrote:
Somebody Else's Problem wrote:
Lagamorph wrote:Wondering/worried what's going to end up happening with my dad.

Until last week he was in Spain with work, then got a flight to Amsterdam where he was due to start a new project for work on 1st April and company were paying for him to self isolate in a hotel until then (He hadn't had symptoms or been around anyone with symptoms thankfully), but now there's no telling if that will go ahead or not.


Unless you're planning on cooking him, you're in the wrong thread.

:slol: :fp:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Coronavirus Cooking Thread
by Knoyleo » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:29 pm

Corazon de Leon wrote:The wife recently started a cooking blog for comfort food-ish recipes. It's not quite minimalist food, but you might get some ideas from it. There are about 40 recipes on there and more go up every week.

https://cookingwithbry.com/

Bookmarked, some of those recipes look really good.


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Garth, Snowcannon and 78 guests