The Favourites Chain

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Mommy
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Favourites Chain
by Mommy » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:35 pm

rinks wrote:
Mommy wrote:I saw Megadeth at the NEC years ago. The Almighty supported.
Alice in Chains opened. I feel honoured that I got to see them.

I was there! (EDIT: I think we’ve discussed this before.)


Im sure we did. :D
There are probably more gigs that we have been to over the years.

My setlist.fm of ones I can remember.
Mar 30, 2019:
A R I Z O N A, Manchester Arena, Manchester, England ( Delete)
Mar 30, 2019:
Panic! at the Disco, Manchester Arena, Manchester, England ( Delete)
Mar 30, 2019:
MØ, Manchester Arena, Manchester, England ( Delete)
Mar 26, 2019:
MØ, Arena Birmingham, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Mar 26, 2019:
Panic! at the Disco, Arena Birmingham, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Mar 26, 2019:
A R I Z O N A, Arena Birmingham, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Feb 5, 2019:
Don Broco, Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff, Wales ( Delete)
Aug 7, 2018:
Iron Maiden, Genting Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
May 1, 2018:
YUNGBLUD, Keele University, Keele, England ( Delete)
May 1, 2018:
Don Broco, Keele University, Keele, England ( Delete)
May 1, 2018:
The LaFontaines, Keele University, Keele, England ( Delete)
Mar 27, 2018:
MAX, Arena Birmingham, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Mar 27, 2018:
Fall Out Boy, Arena Birmingham, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Mar 27, 2018:
Against the Current, Arena Birmingham, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Feb 17, 2018:
Don Broco, O2 Academy Leeds, Leeds, England ( Delete)
Feb 10, 2018:
Don Broco, The Great Hall, Cardiff University Students' Union, Cardiff, Wales ( Delete)
Feb 10, 2018:
Press to MECO, The Great Hall, Cardiff University Students' Union, Cardiff, Wales ( Delete)
Feb 10, 2018:
MAN WITH A MISSION, The Great Hall, Cardiff University Students' Union, Cardiff, Wales ( Delete)
Nov 23, 2017:
Mr. Big, Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Nov 23, 2017:
The Answer, Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Nov 23, 2017:
Faster Pussycat, Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
May 27, 2017:
The Ataris, Slam Dunk Midlands 2017 ( Delete)
May 27, 2017:
VUKOVI, Slam Dunk Midlands 2017 ( Delete)
May 27, 2017:
Enter Shikari, Slam Dunk Midlands 2017 ( Delete)
May 27, 2017:
Don Broco, Slam Dunk Midlands 2017 ( Delete)
May 27, 2017:
Less Than Jake, Slam Dunk Midlands 2017 ( Delete)
May 27, 2017:
Goldfinger, Slam Dunk Midlands 2017 ( Delete)
May 27, 2017:
Zebrahead, Slam Dunk Midlands 2017 ( Delete)
May 21, 2017:
Iron Maiden, Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
May 21, 2017:
Shinedown, Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
May 5, 2017:
Take That, Genting Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Oct 14, 2016:
Nickelback, Genting Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Oct 14, 2016:
Monster Truck, Genting Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Apr 30, 2016:
Bryan Adams, Genting Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Dec 12, 2015:
Def Leppard, Genting Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Dec 12, 2015:
Whitesnake, Genting Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Dec 4, 2015:
Ruts DC, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Dec 4, 2015:
Levellers, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Dec 4, 2015:
Dreadzone, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Nov 4, 2015:
Alice Cooper, Genting Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Nov 4, 2015:
Mötley Crüe, Genting Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Nov 4, 2015:
The One Hundred, Genting Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Sep 21, 2015:
W.A.S.P., Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Sep 21, 2015:
The Treatment, Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Mar 14, 2015:
Europe, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Mar 14, 2015:
Black Star Riders, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Mar 11, 2015:
Royal Blood, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Mar 11, 2015:
Mini Mansions, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Feb 15, 2015:
Jettblack, The Slade Rooms, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Feb 15, 2015:
LTNT, The Slade Rooms, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Feb 15, 2015:
Sons of Icarus, The Slade Rooms, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Sep 18, 2014:
Andy Cairns, The Slade Rooms, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Apr 4, 2014:
Therapy?, Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Oct 13, 2013:
Queensrÿche, Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Jun 20, 2013:
Danzig, Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Jun 20, 2013:
Black Spiders, Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Dec 5, 2010:
Meat Loaf, LG Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Jul 14, 2009:
Nine Inch Nails, Manchester Evening News Arena, Manchester, England ( Delete)
Jul 14, 2009:
Mew, Manchester Evening News Arena, Manchester, England ( Delete)
Jul 14, 2009:
Jane’s Addiction, Manchester Evening News Arena, Manchester, England ( Delete)
Aug 30, 2007:
Nine Inch Nails, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Aug 30, 2007:
Ladytron, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Jun 28, 2004:
Elton John, NEC Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Jun 17, 2004:
Nickelback, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Nov 12, 2003:
Meat Loaf, NEC Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Nov 11, 2003:
Meat Loaf, NEC Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Oct 17, 2002:
Motörhead, Newport Centre, Newport, Wales ( Delete)
Oct 17, 2002:
Anthrax, Newport Centre, Newport, Wales ( Delete)
Oct 17, 2002:
Skew Siskin, Newport Centre, Newport, Wales ( Delete)
Jul 28, 2002:
Meat Loaf, Cardiff Castle, Cardiff, Wales ( Delete)
Mar 1, 2000:
Slipknot, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Mar 1, 2000:
Kittie, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Dec 21, 1999:
Black Sabbath, NEC Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Dec 21, 1999:
Godsmack, NEC Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Dec 21, 1999:
System of a Down, NEC Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Dec 21, 1999:
Drain STH, NEC Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Dec 14, 1998:
Backyard Babies, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Dec 14, 1998:
Rob Zombie, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Dec 14, 1998:
Monster Magnet, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Jun 20, 1998:
Soulfly, Ozzfest UK 1998 ( Delete)
Jun 20, 1998:
(həd) p.e., Ozzfest UK 1998 ( Delete)
Jun 20, 1998:
Fear Factory, Ozzfest UK 1998 ( Delete)
Jun 20, 1998:
Pitchshifter, Ozzfest UK 1998 ( Delete)
Jun 20, 1998:
Ozzy Osbourne, Ozzfest UK 1998 ( Delete)
Jun 20, 1998:
Life of Agony, Ozzfest UK 1998 ( Delete)
Jun 20, 1998:
Pantera, Ozzfest UK 1998 ( Delete)
Jun 20, 1998:
Black Sabbath, Ozzfest UK 1998 ( Delete)
Jun 20, 1998:
Slayer, Ozzfest UK 1998 ( Delete)
Jun 20, 1998:
Human Waste Project, Ozzfest UK 1998 ( Delete)
Jun 20, 1998:
Therapy?, Ozzfest UK 1998 ( Delete)
Jun 20, 1998:
Coal Chamber, Ozzfest UK 1998 ( Delete)
Jun 20, 1998:
Entombed, Ozzfest UK 1998 ( Delete)
Jun 20, 1998:
Foo Fighters, Ozzfest UK 1998 ( Delete)
Apr 14, 1998:
The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Apr 14, 1998:
The Pietasters, Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Mar 14, 1998:
Cold, Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Mar 14, 1998:
Clawfinger, Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Mar 2, 1998:
Will Haven, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Mar 2, 1998:
Deftones, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Dec 1, 1997:
Faith No More, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
May 25, 1997:
Marilyn Manson, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
May 12, 1997:
Type O Negative, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
May 12, 1997:
Entombed, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
May 12, 1997:
Stuck Mojo, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
May 13, 1996:
White Zombie, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
May 10, 1996:
White Zombie, Brixton Academy, London, England ( Delete)
May 10, 1996:
Stabbing Westward, Brixton Academy, London, England ( Delete)
May 3, 1996:
The Almighty, Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Aug 26, 1995:
White Zombie, Monsters of Rock England 1995 ( Delete)
Aug 26, 1995:
Machine Head, Monsters of Rock England 1995 ( Delete)
Aug 26, 1995:
Metallica, Monsters of Rock England 1995 ( Delete)
Aug 26, 1995:
Warrior Soul, Monsters of Rock England 1995 ( Delete)
Aug 26, 1995:
Therapy?, Monsters of Rock England 1995 ( Delete)
Aug 26, 1995:
Slayer, Monsters of Rock England 1995 ( Delete)
Aug 26, 1995:
Corrosion of Conformity, Monsters of Rock England 1995 ( Delete)
Aug 26, 1995:
Skid Row, Monsters of Rock England 1995 ( Delete)
Aug 26, 1995:
Slash’s Snakepit, Monsters of Rock England 1995 ( Delete)
Jul 23, 1995:
Del Amitri, Cardiff Arms Park, Cardiff, Wales ( Delete)
Jul 23, 1995:
Belly, Cardiff Arms Park, Cardiff, Wales ( Delete)
Jul 23, 1995:
R.E.M., Cardiff Arms Park, Cardiff, Wales ( Delete)
Jul 23, 1995:
The Cranberries, Cardiff Arms Park, Cardiff, Wales ( Delete)
Jun 10, 1995:
Skunk Anansie, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Jun 10, 1995:
Therapy?, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Mar 14, 1995:
Megadeth, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Mar 14, 1995:
Corrosion of Conformity, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Feb 2, 1995:
L7, Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Jan 17, 1995:
Sick of It All, JB's, Dudley, England ( Delete)
Nov 12, 1994:
Machine Head, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Sep 15, 1994:
Pantera, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Sep 15, 1994:
downset., Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Jun 19, 1994:
Helmet, Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Jun 19, 1994:
Kerbdog, Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Jun 4, 1994:
The Wildhearts, Monsters of Rock England 1994 ( Delete)
Jun 4, 1994:
Aerosmith, Monsters of Rock England 1994 ( Delete)
Jun 4, 1994:
Terrorvision, Monsters of Rock England 1994 ( Delete)
Jun 4, 1994:
Biohazard, Monsters of Rock England 1994 ( Delete)
Jun 4, 1994:
Cry of Love, Monsters of Rock England 1994 ( Delete)
Jun 4, 1994:
Therapy?, Monsters of Rock England 1994 ( Delete)
Mar 5, 1994:
Clawfinger, Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Mar 5, 1994:
New England, Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Mar 2, 1994:
Therapy?, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Mar 2, 1994:
Kerbdog, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Mar 2, 1994:
Credit to the Nation, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Nov 5, 1993:
Anthrax, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Nov 5, 1993:
Clawfinger, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Oct 9, 1993:
The Almighty, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Sep 3, 1993:
Graveyard Rodeo, JB's, Dudley, England ( Delete)
Sep 3, 1993:
Black Train Jack, JB's, Dudley, England ( Delete)
Sep 27, 1992:
The Almighty, NEC Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Sep 27, 1992:
Megadeth, NEC Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Sep 27, 1992:
Pantera, NEC Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Sep 9, 1992:
Danzig, Rock City, Nottingham, England ( Delete)
Sep 9, 1992:
White Zombie, Rock City, Nottingham, England ( Delete)
Sep 2, 1992:
L7, Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Aug 22, 1992:
The Almighty, Monsters of Rock England 1992 ( Delete)
Aug 22, 1992:
W.A.S.P., Monsters of Rock England 1992 ( Delete)
Aug 22, 1992:
Iron Maiden, Monsters of Rock England 1992 ( Delete)
Aug 22, 1992:
Thunder, Monsters of Rock England 1992 ( Delete)
Aug 22, 1992:
Slayer, Monsters of Rock England 1992 ( Delete)
Aug 22, 1992:
Skid Row, Monsters of Rock England 1992 ( Delete)
Jun 14, 1992:
Guns N’ Roses, Maine Road, Manchester, England ( Delete)
Jun 14, 1992:
Soundgarden, Maine Road, Manchester, England ( Delete)
Jun 14, 1992:
Faith No More, Maine Road, Manchester, England ( Delete)
Jun 19, 1991:
The Almighty, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Mar 23, 1991:
Alice in Chains, NEC Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Mar 23, 1991:
Megadeth, NEC Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Oct 13, 1990:
Megadeth, NEC Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Oct 13, 1990:
Testament, NEC Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Oct 13, 1990:
Slayer, NEC Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Oct 13, 1990:
Suicidal Tendencies, NEC Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Nov 27, 1988:
Killer Dwarfs, NEC Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Nov 27, 1988:
Iron Maiden, NEC Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)

OK Boomer :simper:
User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: The Favourites Chain
by Ironhide » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:55 pm

Mommy, that's a strawberry floating impressive list of gigs.

Image
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: The Favourites Chain
by Corazon de Leon » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:56 pm

Favourite film is Die Hard, for obvious reasons.

Image
User avatar
Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Favourites Chain
by Cuttooth » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:36 am

Favourite TV series is Twin Peaks. It isn’t a perfect TV show and I think its cult following has often grown for a mostly aesthetic appreciation and out of quirky 90s nostalgia, but by Christ does David Lynch make things that are different. And not just different in being quirky but by having multiple moments that cause a raw emotional reaction that few other TV shows manage to do in me, and making the revival evolve beyond the initial memories people have of the original run.

It’s a show I intend to revisit as many times as I can over the years, hopefully without diluting my appreciation for it. I really hope they bring it back for a fourth season.

The below scene from partway through the original one is probably my favourite, with typical Twin Peaks cheesiness and music, but with an emotional heart that always draws me in.


User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: The Favourites Chain
by Drumstick » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:40 am

Favourite band - Metallica

I think that's my five.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Balladeer
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Lord's

PostRe: The Favourites Chain
by Balladeer » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:49 am

Yes but I'm pretty sure you shouldn't be given the prize* having given us nothing to discuss about any of them. :capnscotty:

User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: The Favourites Chain
by rinks » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:49 pm

Mommy wrote:
rinks wrote:
Mommy wrote:I saw Megadeth at the NEC years ago. The Almighty supported.
Alice in Chains opened. I feel honoured that I got to see them.

I was there! (EDIT: I think we’ve discussed this before.)


Im sure we did. :D
There are probably more gigs that we have been to over the years.

My setlist.fm of ones I can remember.
Mar 30, 2019:
A R I Z O N A, Manchester Arena, Manchester, England ( Delete)
Mar 30, 2019:
Panic! at the Disco, Manchester Arena, Manchester, England ( Delete)
Mar 30, 2019:
MØ, Manchester Arena, Manchester, England ( Delete)
Mar 26, 2019:
MØ, Arena Birmingham, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Mar 26, 2019:
Panic! at the Disco, Arena Birmingham, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Mar 26, 2019:
A R I Z O N A, Arena Birmingham, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Feb 5, 2019:
Don Broco, Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff, Wales ( Delete)
Aug 7, 2018:
Iron Maiden, Genting Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
May 1, 2018:
YUNGBLUD, Keele University, Keele, England ( Delete)
May 1, 2018:
Don Broco, Keele University, Keele, England ( Delete)
May 1, 2018:
The LaFontaines, Keele University, Keele, England ( Delete)
Mar 27, 2018:
MAX, Arena Birmingham, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Mar 27, 2018:
Fall Out Boy, Arena Birmingham, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Mar 27, 2018:
Against the Current, Arena Birmingham, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Feb 17, 2018:
Don Broco, O2 Academy Leeds, Leeds, England ( Delete)
Feb 10, 2018:
Don Broco, The Great Hall, Cardiff University Students' Union, Cardiff, Wales ( Delete)
Feb 10, 2018:
Press to MECO, The Great Hall, Cardiff University Students' Union, Cardiff, Wales ( Delete)
Feb 10, 2018:
MAN WITH A MISSION, The Great Hall, Cardiff University Students' Union, Cardiff, Wales ( Delete)
Nov 23, 2017:
Mr. Big, Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Nov 23, 2017:
The Answer, Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Nov 23, 2017:
Faster Pussycat, Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
May 27, 2017:
The Ataris, Slam Dunk Midlands 2017 ( Delete)
May 27, 2017:
VUKOVI, Slam Dunk Midlands 2017 ( Delete)
May 27, 2017:
Enter Shikari, Slam Dunk Midlands 2017 ( Delete)
May 27, 2017:
Don Broco, Slam Dunk Midlands 2017 ( Delete)
May 27, 2017:
Less Than Jake, Slam Dunk Midlands 2017 ( Delete)
May 27, 2017:
Goldfinger, Slam Dunk Midlands 2017 ( Delete)
May 27, 2017:
Zebrahead, Slam Dunk Midlands 2017 ( Delete)
May 21, 2017:
Iron Maiden, Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
May 21, 2017:
Shinedown, Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
May 5, 2017:
Take That, Genting Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Oct 14, 2016:
Nickelback, Genting Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Oct 14, 2016:
Monster Truck, Genting Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Apr 30, 2016:
Bryan Adams, Genting Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Dec 12, 2015:
Def Leppard, Genting Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Dec 12, 2015:
Whitesnake, Genting Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Dec 4, 2015:
Ruts DC, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Dec 4, 2015:
Levellers, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Dec 4, 2015:
Dreadzone, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Nov 4, 2015:
Alice Cooper, Genting Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Nov 4, 2015:
Mötley Crüe, Genting Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Nov 4, 2015:
The One Hundred, Genting Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Sep 21, 2015:
W.A.S.P., Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Sep 21, 2015:
The Treatment, Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Mar 14, 2015:
Europe, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Mar 14, 2015:
Black Star Riders, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Mar 11, 2015:
Royal Blood, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Mar 11, 2015:
Mini Mansions, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Feb 15, 2015:
Jettblack, The Slade Rooms, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Feb 15, 2015:
LTNT, The Slade Rooms, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Feb 15, 2015:
Sons of Icarus, The Slade Rooms, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Sep 18, 2014:
Andy Cairns, The Slade Rooms, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Apr 4, 2014:
Therapy?, Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Oct 13, 2013:
Queensrÿche, Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Jun 20, 2013:
Danzig, Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Jun 20, 2013:
Black Spiders, Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Dec 5, 2010:
Meat Loaf, LG Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Jul 14, 2009:
Nine Inch Nails, Manchester Evening News Arena, Manchester, England ( Delete)
Jul 14, 2009:
Mew, Manchester Evening News Arena, Manchester, England ( Delete)
Jul 14, 2009:
Jane’s Addiction, Manchester Evening News Arena, Manchester, England ( Delete)
Aug 30, 2007:
Nine Inch Nails, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Aug 30, 2007:
Ladytron, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Jun 28, 2004:
Elton John, NEC Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Jun 17, 2004:
Nickelback, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Nov 12, 2003:
Meat Loaf, NEC Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Nov 11, 2003:
Meat Loaf, NEC Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Oct 17, 2002:
Motörhead, Newport Centre, Newport, Wales ( Delete)
Oct 17, 2002:
Anthrax, Newport Centre, Newport, Wales ( Delete)
Oct 17, 2002:
Skew Siskin, Newport Centre, Newport, Wales ( Delete)
Jul 28, 2002:
Meat Loaf, Cardiff Castle, Cardiff, Wales ( Delete)
Mar 1, 2000:
Slipknot, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Mar 1, 2000:
Kittie, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Dec 21, 1999:
Black Sabbath, NEC Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Dec 21, 1999:
Godsmack, NEC Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Dec 21, 1999:
System of a Down, NEC Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Dec 21, 1999:
Drain STH, NEC Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Dec 14, 1998:
Backyard Babies, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Dec 14, 1998:
Rob Zombie, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Dec 14, 1998:
Monster Magnet, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Jun 20, 1998:
Soulfly, Ozzfest UK 1998 ( Delete)
Jun 20, 1998:
(həd) p.e., Ozzfest UK 1998 ( Delete)
Jun 20, 1998:
Fear Factory, Ozzfest UK 1998 ( Delete)
Jun 20, 1998:
Pitchshifter, Ozzfest UK 1998 ( Delete)
Jun 20, 1998:
Ozzy Osbourne, Ozzfest UK 1998 ( Delete)
Jun 20, 1998:
Life of Agony, Ozzfest UK 1998 ( Delete)
Jun 20, 1998:
Pantera, Ozzfest UK 1998 ( Delete)
Jun 20, 1998:
Black Sabbath, Ozzfest UK 1998 ( Delete)
Jun 20, 1998:
Slayer, Ozzfest UK 1998 ( Delete)
Jun 20, 1998:
Human Waste Project, Ozzfest UK 1998 ( Delete)
Jun 20, 1998:
Therapy?, Ozzfest UK 1998 ( Delete)
Jun 20, 1998:
Coal Chamber, Ozzfest UK 1998 ( Delete)
Jun 20, 1998:
Entombed, Ozzfest UK 1998 ( Delete)
Jun 20, 1998:
Foo Fighters, Ozzfest UK 1998 ( Delete)
Apr 14, 1998:
The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Apr 14, 1998:
The Pietasters, Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Mar 14, 1998:
Cold, Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Mar 14, 1998:
Clawfinger, Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Mar 2, 1998:
Will Haven, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Mar 2, 1998:
Deftones, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Dec 1, 1997:
Faith No More, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
May 25, 1997:
Marilyn Manson, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
May 12, 1997:
Type O Negative, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
May 12, 1997:
Entombed, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
May 12, 1997:
Stuck Mojo, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
May 13, 1996:
White Zombie, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
May 10, 1996:
White Zombie, Brixton Academy, London, England ( Delete)
May 10, 1996:
Stabbing Westward, Brixton Academy, London, England ( Delete)
May 3, 1996:
The Almighty, Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Aug 26, 1995:
White Zombie, Monsters of Rock England 1995 ( Delete)
Aug 26, 1995:
Machine Head, Monsters of Rock England 1995 ( Delete)
Aug 26, 1995:
Metallica, Monsters of Rock England 1995 ( Delete)
Aug 26, 1995:
Warrior Soul, Monsters of Rock England 1995 ( Delete)
Aug 26, 1995:
Therapy?, Monsters of Rock England 1995 ( Delete)
Aug 26, 1995:
Slayer, Monsters of Rock England 1995 ( Delete)
Aug 26, 1995:
Corrosion of Conformity, Monsters of Rock England 1995 ( Delete)
Aug 26, 1995:
Skid Row, Monsters of Rock England 1995 ( Delete)
Aug 26, 1995:
Slash’s Snakepit, Monsters of Rock England 1995 ( Delete)
Jul 23, 1995:
Del Amitri, Cardiff Arms Park, Cardiff, Wales ( Delete)
Jul 23, 1995:
Belly, Cardiff Arms Park, Cardiff, Wales ( Delete)
Jul 23, 1995:
R.E.M., Cardiff Arms Park, Cardiff, Wales ( Delete)
Jul 23, 1995:
The Cranberries, Cardiff Arms Park, Cardiff, Wales ( Delete)
Jun 10, 1995:
Skunk Anansie, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Jun 10, 1995:
Therapy?, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Mar 14, 1995:
Megadeth, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Mar 14, 1995:
Corrosion of Conformity, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Feb 2, 1995:
L7, Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Jan 17, 1995:
Sick of It All, JB's, Dudley, England ( Delete)
Nov 12, 1994:
Machine Head, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Sep 15, 1994:
Pantera, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Sep 15, 1994:
downset., Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Jun 19, 1994:
Helmet, Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Jun 19, 1994:
Kerbdog, Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Jun 4, 1994:
The Wildhearts, Monsters of Rock England 1994 ( Delete)
Jun 4, 1994:
Aerosmith, Monsters of Rock England 1994 ( Delete)
Jun 4, 1994:
Terrorvision, Monsters of Rock England 1994 ( Delete)
Jun 4, 1994:
Biohazard, Monsters of Rock England 1994 ( Delete)
Jun 4, 1994:
Cry of Love, Monsters of Rock England 1994 ( Delete)
Jun 4, 1994:
Therapy?, Monsters of Rock England 1994 ( Delete)
Mar 5, 1994:
Clawfinger, Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Mar 5, 1994:
New England, Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Mar 2, 1994:
Therapy?, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Mar 2, 1994:
Kerbdog, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Mar 2, 1994:
Credit to the Nation, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Nov 5, 1993:
Anthrax, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Nov 5, 1993:
Clawfinger, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Oct 9, 1993:
The Almighty, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Sep 3, 1993:
Graveyard Rodeo, JB's, Dudley, England ( Delete)
Sep 3, 1993:
Black Train Jack, JB's, Dudley, England ( Delete)
Sep 27, 1992:
The Almighty, NEC Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Sep 27, 1992:
Megadeth, NEC Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Sep 27, 1992:
Pantera, NEC Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Sep 9, 1992:
Danzig, Rock City, Nottingham, England ( Delete)
Sep 9, 1992:
White Zombie, Rock City, Nottingham, England ( Delete)
Sep 2, 1992:
L7, Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Aug 22, 1992:
The Almighty, Monsters of Rock England 1992 ( Delete)
Aug 22, 1992:
W.A.S.P., Monsters of Rock England 1992 ( Delete)
Aug 22, 1992:
Iron Maiden, Monsters of Rock England 1992 ( Delete)
Aug 22, 1992:
Thunder, Monsters of Rock England 1992 ( Delete)
Aug 22, 1992:
Slayer, Monsters of Rock England 1992 ( Delete)
Aug 22, 1992:
Skid Row, Monsters of Rock England 1992 ( Delete)
Jun 14, 1992:
Guns N’ Roses, Maine Road, Manchester, England ( Delete)
Jun 14, 1992:
Soundgarden, Maine Road, Manchester, England ( Delete)
Jun 14, 1992:
Faith No More, Maine Road, Manchester, England ( Delete)
Jun 19, 1991:
The Almighty, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Mar 23, 1991:
Alice in Chains, NEC Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Mar 23, 1991:
Megadeth, NEC Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Oct 13, 1990:
Megadeth, NEC Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Oct 13, 1990:
Testament, NEC Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Oct 13, 1990:
Slayer, NEC Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Oct 13, 1990:
Suicidal Tendencies, NEC Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Nov 27, 1988:
Killer Dwarfs, NEC Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Nov 27, 1988:
Iron Maiden, NEC Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)


Yes, fairly sure we match up on a few of those, but I can’t be sure of the dates. Megadeth/Pantera is a definite though. Probably my favourite gig. Everything aligned, I was totally into it, and got right near the front, close to Marty. Didn’t realise you were a big T? fan. Love that band. Kerbdog too. But why the hell did you go to Take That?

User avatar
Dannie Lennox_
Go for it, Danmon!
Joined in 2008
Location: Peach Mountain

PostRe: The Favourites Chain
by Dannie Lennox_ » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:51 pm

Drumstick wrote:Favourite band - Metallica

I think that's my five.

You can be the winner if you tell us about your choices.

Generating Real Conversations About Digital Entertainment
User avatar
Mommy
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Favourites Chain
by Mommy » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:56 pm

rinks wrote:
Mommy wrote:
rinks wrote:
Mommy wrote:I saw Megadeth at the NEC years ago. The Almighty supported.
Alice in Chains opened. I feel honoured that I got to see them.

I was there! (EDIT: I think we’ve discussed this before.)


Im sure we did. :D
There are probably more gigs that we have been to over the years.

My setlist.fm of ones I can remember.
Mar 30, 2019:
A R I Z O N A, Manchester Arena, Manchester, England ( Delete)
Mar 30, 2019:
Panic! at the Disco, Manchester Arena, Manchester, England ( Delete)
Mar 30, 2019:
MØ, Manchester Arena, Manchester, England ( Delete)
Mar 26, 2019:
MØ, Arena Birmingham, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Mar 26, 2019:
Panic! at the Disco, Arena Birmingham, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Mar 26, 2019:
A R I Z O N A, Arena Birmingham, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Feb 5, 2019:
Don Broco, Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff, Wales ( Delete)
Aug 7, 2018:
Iron Maiden, Genting Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
May 1, 2018:
YUNGBLUD, Keele University, Keele, England ( Delete)
May 1, 2018:
Don Broco, Keele University, Keele, England ( Delete)
May 1, 2018:
The LaFontaines, Keele University, Keele, England ( Delete)
Mar 27, 2018:
MAX, Arena Birmingham, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Mar 27, 2018:
Fall Out Boy, Arena Birmingham, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Mar 27, 2018:
Against the Current, Arena Birmingham, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Feb 17, 2018:
Don Broco, O2 Academy Leeds, Leeds, England ( Delete)
Feb 10, 2018:
Don Broco, The Great Hall, Cardiff University Students' Union, Cardiff, Wales ( Delete)
Feb 10, 2018:
Press to MECO, The Great Hall, Cardiff University Students' Union, Cardiff, Wales ( Delete)
Feb 10, 2018:
MAN WITH A MISSION, The Great Hall, Cardiff University Students' Union, Cardiff, Wales ( Delete)
Nov 23, 2017:
Mr. Big, Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Nov 23, 2017:
The Answer, Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Nov 23, 2017:
Faster Pussycat, Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
May 27, 2017:
The Ataris, Slam Dunk Midlands 2017 ( Delete)
May 27, 2017:
VUKOVI, Slam Dunk Midlands 2017 ( Delete)
May 27, 2017:
Enter Shikari, Slam Dunk Midlands 2017 ( Delete)
May 27, 2017:
Don Broco, Slam Dunk Midlands 2017 ( Delete)
May 27, 2017:
Less Than Jake, Slam Dunk Midlands 2017 ( Delete)
May 27, 2017:
Goldfinger, Slam Dunk Midlands 2017 ( Delete)
May 27, 2017:
Zebrahead, Slam Dunk Midlands 2017 ( Delete)
May 21, 2017:
Iron Maiden, Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
May 21, 2017:
Shinedown, Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
May 5, 2017:
Take That, Genting Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Oct 14, 2016:
Nickelback, Genting Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Oct 14, 2016:
Monster Truck, Genting Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Apr 30, 2016:
Bryan Adams, Genting Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Dec 12, 2015:
Def Leppard, Genting Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Dec 12, 2015:
Whitesnake, Genting Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Dec 4, 2015:
Ruts DC, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Dec 4, 2015:
Levellers, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Dec 4, 2015:
Dreadzone, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Nov 4, 2015:
Alice Cooper, Genting Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Nov 4, 2015:
Mötley Crüe, Genting Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Nov 4, 2015:
The One Hundred, Genting Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Sep 21, 2015:
W.A.S.P., Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Sep 21, 2015:
The Treatment, Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Mar 14, 2015:
Europe, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Mar 14, 2015:
Black Star Riders, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Mar 11, 2015:
Royal Blood, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Mar 11, 2015:
Mini Mansions, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Feb 15, 2015:
Jettblack, The Slade Rooms, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Feb 15, 2015:
LTNT, The Slade Rooms, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Feb 15, 2015:
Sons of Icarus, The Slade Rooms, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Sep 18, 2014:
Andy Cairns, The Slade Rooms, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Apr 4, 2014:
Therapy?, Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Oct 13, 2013:
Queensrÿche, Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Jun 20, 2013:
Danzig, Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Jun 20, 2013:
Black Spiders, Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Dec 5, 2010:
Meat Loaf, LG Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Jul 14, 2009:
Nine Inch Nails, Manchester Evening News Arena, Manchester, England ( Delete)
Jul 14, 2009:
Mew, Manchester Evening News Arena, Manchester, England ( Delete)
Jul 14, 2009:
Jane’s Addiction, Manchester Evening News Arena, Manchester, England ( Delete)
Aug 30, 2007:
Nine Inch Nails, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Aug 30, 2007:
Ladytron, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Jun 28, 2004:
Elton John, NEC Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Jun 17, 2004:
Nickelback, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Nov 12, 2003:
Meat Loaf, NEC Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Nov 11, 2003:
Meat Loaf, NEC Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Oct 17, 2002:
Motörhead, Newport Centre, Newport, Wales ( Delete)
Oct 17, 2002:
Anthrax, Newport Centre, Newport, Wales ( Delete)
Oct 17, 2002:
Skew Siskin, Newport Centre, Newport, Wales ( Delete)
Jul 28, 2002:
Meat Loaf, Cardiff Castle, Cardiff, Wales ( Delete)
Mar 1, 2000:
Slipknot, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Mar 1, 2000:
Kittie, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Dec 21, 1999:
Black Sabbath, NEC Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Dec 21, 1999:
Godsmack, NEC Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Dec 21, 1999:
System of a Down, NEC Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Dec 21, 1999:
Drain STH, NEC Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Dec 14, 1998:
Backyard Babies, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Dec 14, 1998:
Rob Zombie, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Dec 14, 1998:
Monster Magnet, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Jun 20, 1998:
Soulfly, Ozzfest UK 1998 ( Delete)
Jun 20, 1998:
(həd) p.e., Ozzfest UK 1998 ( Delete)
Jun 20, 1998:
Fear Factory, Ozzfest UK 1998 ( Delete)
Jun 20, 1998:
Pitchshifter, Ozzfest UK 1998 ( Delete)
Jun 20, 1998:
Ozzy Osbourne, Ozzfest UK 1998 ( Delete)
Jun 20, 1998:
Life of Agony, Ozzfest UK 1998 ( Delete)
Jun 20, 1998:
Pantera, Ozzfest UK 1998 ( Delete)
Jun 20, 1998:
Black Sabbath, Ozzfest UK 1998 ( Delete)
Jun 20, 1998:
Slayer, Ozzfest UK 1998 ( Delete)
Jun 20, 1998:
Human Waste Project, Ozzfest UK 1998 ( Delete)
Jun 20, 1998:
Therapy?, Ozzfest UK 1998 ( Delete)
Jun 20, 1998:
Coal Chamber, Ozzfest UK 1998 ( Delete)
Jun 20, 1998:
Entombed, Ozzfest UK 1998 ( Delete)
Jun 20, 1998:
Foo Fighters, Ozzfest UK 1998 ( Delete)
Apr 14, 1998:
The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Apr 14, 1998:
The Pietasters, Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Mar 14, 1998:
Cold, Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Mar 14, 1998:
Clawfinger, Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Mar 2, 1998:
Will Haven, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Mar 2, 1998:
Deftones, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Dec 1, 1997:
Faith No More, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
May 25, 1997:
Marilyn Manson, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
May 12, 1997:
Type O Negative, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
May 12, 1997:
Entombed, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
May 12, 1997:
Stuck Mojo, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
May 13, 1996:
White Zombie, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
May 10, 1996:
White Zombie, Brixton Academy, London, England ( Delete)
May 10, 1996:
Stabbing Westward, Brixton Academy, London, England ( Delete)
May 3, 1996:
The Almighty, Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Aug 26, 1995:
White Zombie, Monsters of Rock England 1995 ( Delete)
Aug 26, 1995:
Machine Head, Monsters of Rock England 1995 ( Delete)
Aug 26, 1995:
Metallica, Monsters of Rock England 1995 ( Delete)
Aug 26, 1995:
Warrior Soul, Monsters of Rock England 1995 ( Delete)
Aug 26, 1995:
Therapy?, Monsters of Rock England 1995 ( Delete)
Aug 26, 1995:
Slayer, Monsters of Rock England 1995 ( Delete)
Aug 26, 1995:
Corrosion of Conformity, Monsters of Rock England 1995 ( Delete)
Aug 26, 1995:
Skid Row, Monsters of Rock England 1995 ( Delete)
Aug 26, 1995:
Slash’s Snakepit, Monsters of Rock England 1995 ( Delete)
Jul 23, 1995:
Del Amitri, Cardiff Arms Park, Cardiff, Wales ( Delete)
Jul 23, 1995:
Belly, Cardiff Arms Park, Cardiff, Wales ( Delete)
Jul 23, 1995:
R.E.M., Cardiff Arms Park, Cardiff, Wales ( Delete)
Jul 23, 1995:
The Cranberries, Cardiff Arms Park, Cardiff, Wales ( Delete)
Jun 10, 1995:
Skunk Anansie, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Jun 10, 1995:
Therapy?, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Mar 14, 1995:
Megadeth, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Mar 14, 1995:
Corrosion of Conformity, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Feb 2, 1995:
L7, Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Jan 17, 1995:
Sick of It All, JB's, Dudley, England ( Delete)
Nov 12, 1994:
Machine Head, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Sep 15, 1994:
Pantera, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Sep 15, 1994:
downset., Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Jun 19, 1994:
Helmet, Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Jun 19, 1994:
Kerbdog, Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Jun 4, 1994:
The Wildhearts, Monsters of Rock England 1994 ( Delete)
Jun 4, 1994:
Aerosmith, Monsters of Rock England 1994 ( Delete)
Jun 4, 1994:
Terrorvision, Monsters of Rock England 1994 ( Delete)
Jun 4, 1994:
Biohazard, Monsters of Rock England 1994 ( Delete)
Jun 4, 1994:
Cry of Love, Monsters of Rock England 1994 ( Delete)
Jun 4, 1994:
Therapy?, Monsters of Rock England 1994 ( Delete)
Mar 5, 1994:
Clawfinger, Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Mar 5, 1994:
New England, Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Mar 2, 1994:
Therapy?, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Mar 2, 1994:
Kerbdog, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Mar 2, 1994:
Credit to the Nation, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Nov 5, 1993:
Anthrax, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Nov 5, 1993:
Clawfinger, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Oct 9, 1993:
The Almighty, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Sep 3, 1993:
Graveyard Rodeo, JB's, Dudley, England ( Delete)
Sep 3, 1993:
Black Train Jack, JB's, Dudley, England ( Delete)
Sep 27, 1992:
The Almighty, NEC Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Sep 27, 1992:
Megadeth, NEC Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Sep 27, 1992:
Pantera, NEC Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Sep 9, 1992:
Danzig, Rock City, Nottingham, England ( Delete)
Sep 9, 1992:
White Zombie, Rock City, Nottingham, England ( Delete)
Sep 2, 1992:
L7, Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Aug 22, 1992:
The Almighty, Monsters of Rock England 1992 ( Delete)
Aug 22, 1992:
W.A.S.P., Monsters of Rock England 1992 ( Delete)
Aug 22, 1992:
Iron Maiden, Monsters of Rock England 1992 ( Delete)
Aug 22, 1992:
Thunder, Monsters of Rock England 1992 ( Delete)
Aug 22, 1992:
Slayer, Monsters of Rock England 1992 ( Delete)
Aug 22, 1992:
Skid Row, Monsters of Rock England 1992 ( Delete)
Jun 14, 1992:
Guns N’ Roses, Maine Road, Manchester, England ( Delete)
Jun 14, 1992:
Soundgarden, Maine Road, Manchester, England ( Delete)
Jun 14, 1992:
Faith No More, Maine Road, Manchester, England ( Delete)
Jun 19, 1991:
The Almighty, Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, England ( Delete)
Mar 23, 1991:
Alice in Chains, NEC Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Mar 23, 1991:
Megadeth, NEC Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Oct 13, 1990:
Megadeth, NEC Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Oct 13, 1990:
Testament, NEC Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Oct 13, 1990:
Slayer, NEC Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Oct 13, 1990:
Suicidal Tendencies, NEC Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Nov 27, 1988:
Killer Dwarfs, NEC Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)
Nov 27, 1988:
Iron Maiden, NEC Arena, Birmingham, England ( Delete)


Yes, fairly sure we match up on a few of those, but I can’t be sure of the dates. Megadeth/Pantera is a definite though. Probably my favourite gig. Everything aligned, I was totally into it, and got right near the front, close to Marty. Didn’t realise you were a big T? fan. Love that band. Kerbdog too. But why the hell did you go to Take That?


Huge Therapy? Fan. Kerbdog were pretty good too. I used to look like Andy Cairns around 93/94.
Megadeth live were fantastic. So tight. Like playing a CD.
I took my sprog to Take That lol. She enjoyed it. 2 weeks later I took her to see Maiden.
Sometimes you have to take one for the team. Ive got the following gigs coming up...

Gerry Cinnamon - for me
Ghost - for me
Lewis Capaldi - for her
Jonas Brothers - for her

My first gig was at 16. Shes been to 8 and shes 14.

OK Boomer :simper:
User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: The Favourites Chain
by rinks » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:15 pm

Ha, ok that’s an acceptable reason. How did you endure it? And what did she think of Maiden?

User avatar
Abacus
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: The Favourites Chain
by Abacus » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:47 pm

Maiden was my first ever concert. Seventh Tour of a Seventh Tour, and they absolutely blew me away. Went with my older brother and his mates, bang front and centre. Absolutely incredible

The only two bands that ever came along and bettered them, for me, were Motorhead (my ears are still ringing -no really, probably tinnitus) and ACDC - I think the greatest live rock band of all time.

User avatar
Mommy
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Favourites Chain
by Mommy » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:07 pm

Abacus wrote:Maiden was my first ever concert. Seventh Tour of a Seventh Tour, and they absolutely blew me away. Went with my older brother and his mates, bang front and centre. Absolutely incredible

The only two bands that ever came along and bettered them, for me, were Motorhead (my ears are still ringing -no really, probably tinnitus) and ACDC - I think the greatest live rock band of all time.

Same here, 7th son tour. 1988 at the NEC.

@Rinks - Take That put on one hell of a show, ill give them that. She enjoyed Maiden. Was amazed by everyone wearing maiden shirts. Well, 95% of the crowd.

OK Boomer :simper:
User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: The Favourites Chain
by Drumstick » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:25 am

youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ wrote:
Drumstick wrote:Favourite band - Metallica

I think that's my five.

You can be the winner if you tell us about your choices.

OK.

Christie is pretty much the best of the best in terms of murder mystery crime fiction and consequently I have read most of her work. Death on the Nile is her best, out of all the Christie solutions, because despite it being reasonably simple, the reader is completely blindsided because the killer is the only person on the entire boat it seems impossible for it to be. Poirot undertakes his investigation with his usual swagger, eventually arriving at the truth of a plot hatched six months prior to the journey.

Enter Sandman was my first exposure to Metallica but without a shadow of a doubt it was Battery that cemented my love. It's everything a great metal song should be. It's fast, relentless, catchy, heavy, crunching riffs, killer solos, and Hetfield at his absolute best in terms of vocals. It's a belter live, too.

Rear Window is a film that draws the viewer in. The entire film is set inside Jeff's apartment, looking out to the rest of the neighborhood. The viewer joins Jeff, watching the neighbours, learning their habits, wondering what makes them tick. Come the end, the setting has become so claustrophobic that the viewer has essentially become Jeff, and when he is in danger, you as the viewer also feel that danger.

Probably going to get panned for this for strawberry float it, Survivor is excellent. The UK version was OK, but the US version is outstanding. It first aired in 2000, 16 everyday people sent off to an island in two tribes of 8, the goal being to outlast everyone else and claim the $1m prize. Along the way they have to vote people out, some of whom will have a casting vote on determining who will be victorious. The game has certainly changed over time, it's now heavily strategy based instead of a social experiment and there are certain mechanics that influence how someone plays. If Survivor is ever brought back to UK screens I will definitely be applying.

Metallica have been my favourite band since my early teens. There's some amount of their material that I'm indifferent about (Hey, St. Anger!), some that I'm not super high on (Reload) and some that I just don't like (whatever the new album was called), but everything else is excellent. Those first five albums are just about faultless. S&M is pretty darn good and I'm always pleasantly surprised by Death Magnetic. Was fortunate enough to see them a couple of times in the 00s before the ticket prices went through the roof, the 2007 gig is still the best I've ever been to (even though I had to make do with babysitting Cora the Explorer and Joer). AND to cap it all off they played Orion!

PS: If AJFA is low in your Metallica album ratings, give the And Justice for Jason version a listen which has the bass restored into the mix.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: The Favourites Chain
by Corazon de Leon » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:16 am

Metallica at Wembley ‘07 remains the best gig I’ve ever been to. Their set at Sonisphere ‘14 was monuments as well - fan voted so almost all the best songs(sadly no orion) got in there.

A couple of bands have surpassed Metallica in my all-time favourites list over the years, purely because I’m not in the same mindset now that I was at 17-18 when I loved them, and the continuing bastardry of the individual members of the band rightly or wrongly has a negative impact on the way I see their music. But they’re a monumental live act, and I’d see them a seventh, eighth, ninth time in a heartbeat if I didn’t have to sell my firstborn child to afford a ticket.

Image
User avatar
Mommy
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Favourites Chain
by Mommy » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:02 am

Corazon de Leon wrote:Metallica at Wembley ‘07 remains the best gig I’ve ever been to. Their set at Sonisphere ‘14 was monuments as well - fan voted so almost all the best songs(sadly no orion) got in there.

A couple of bands have surpassed Metallica in my all-time favourites list over the years, purely because I’m not in the same mindset now that I was at 17-18 when I loved them, and the continuing bastardry of the individual members of the band rightly or wrongly has a negative impact on the way I see their music. But they’re a monumental live act, and I’d see them a seventh, eighth, ninth time in a heartbeat if I didn’t have to sell my firstborn child to afford a ticket.


I've seen them twice I think. I loved everything upto and including The Black Album, with RTL being the best album of the lot. As you said, the band being strawberry floaters and them becoming the very thing they promised to never be has soured them for me.
I had a ticket to see them at the Etihad a couple of months ago but I was only really going for Ghost. I sold the ticket because the thought of watching Ghost in daylight is obsurd.

OK Boomer :simper:
User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: The Favourites Chain
by Drumstick » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:08 am

Corazon de Leon wrote: the continuing bastardry of the individual members of the band rightly or wrongly has a negative impact on the way I see their music

:?:

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: The Favourites Chain
by Corazon de Leon » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:14 am

Drumstick wrote:
Corazon de Leon wrote: the continuing bastardry of the individual members of the band rightly or wrongly has a negative impact on the way I see their music

:?:


Basically what I’m trying to say is that Ulrich and Hetfield are a pair of narcissistic dickheads, and nowadays I struggle more than I should to separate those personalities from their music.

Image
User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: The Favourites Chain
by Drumstick » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:19 am

Corazon de Leon wrote:
Drumstick wrote:
Corazon de Leon wrote: the continuing bastardry of the individual members of the band rightly or wrongly has a negative impact on the way I see their music

:?:

Basically what I’m trying to say is that Ulrich and Hetfield are a pair of narcissistic dickheads, and nowadays I struggle more than I should to separate those personalities from their music.

Oh right. I'm quite out of touch with the music scene these days so I thought there might be more to it than that. They've always been that way.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: The Favourites Chain
by Corazon de Leon » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:20 am

Drumstick wrote:
Corazon de Leon wrote:
Drumstick wrote:
Corazon de Leon wrote: the continuing bastardry of the individual members of the band rightly or wrongly has a negative impact on the way I see their music

:?:

Basically what I’m trying to say is that Ulrich and Hetfield are a pair of narcissistic dickheads, and nowadays I struggle more than I should to separate those personalities from their music.

Oh right. I'm quite out of touch with the music scene these days so I thought there might be more to it than that. They've always been that way.


They have, but it’s become more overt and obvious in the last five or ten years - there are examples but I can’t think of them off the top of my head other than their ridiculous attitude towards music games. It’s a real shame.

Image
User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: The Favourites Chain
by Drumstick » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:27 am

Corazon de Leon wrote:their ridiculous attitude towards music games. It’s a real shame.

Let me guess, is it similar to their approach to Napster in the early 2000s?

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], massimo, MSN [Bot], Skarjo, Snowcannon, Tineash and 102 guests