The Football Thread 2018-19 - City and their filthy lucre

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: The Football Thread 2018-19 - Not Sponsored by GAZPROM
by KK » Wed May 15, 2019 12:51 pm

Looks like BT are dropping the FA Cup with rights returning to ITV and BBC from 2021 onwards. First time the whole competition will be free-to-air in over 30 years.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/fa-c ... -3css5zlnb

Image
User avatar
DANNN!!!
Bizarre Title
Joined in 2008
Location: Bered Kai Nev

PostRe: The Football Thread 2018-19 - FA Cup Final - Saturday 5pm
by DANNN!!! » Wed May 15, 2019 4:23 pm

Right, isn't this the stage in the season where we dig out our predictions and cackle at how wrong we were?

User avatar
Curls
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Football Thread 2018-19 - FA Cup Final - Saturday 5pm
by Curls » Wed May 15, 2019 4:26 pm

I think most of us were right with city winning it again.

User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Football Thread 2018-19 - FA Cup Final - Saturday 5pm
by Saint of Killers » Wed May 15, 2019 6:33 pm

Sean Cox’s brother criticises Manchester City over celebratory flight song

• Chant offensive to all football violence victims, says Martin Cox
• He accepts song on plane from Brighton is not about his brother

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... g-football

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
PES Fan
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Football Thread 2018-19 - Not Sponsored by GAZPROM
by PES Fan » Wed May 15, 2019 9:36 pm

KK wrote:Looks like BT are dropping the FA Cup with rights returning to ITV and BBC from 2021 onwards. First time the whole competition will be free-to-air in over 30 years.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/fa-c ... -3css5zlnb



All those adverts about not mugging off the cup look silly now from BT. Surprised Sky haven’t made a bid.


If they dropping the FA Cup it means they going all out for the champions league.

User avatar
PsychicSykes
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Sykes Stadium

PostRe: The Football Thread 2018-19 - FA Cup Final - Saturday 5pm
by PsychicSykes » Thu May 16, 2019 12:36 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:
Sean Cox’s brother criticises Manchester City over celebratory flight song

• Chant offensive to all football violence victims, says Martin Cox
• He accepts song on plane from Brighton is not about his brother

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... g-football

Embarrassing stuff from City. For your celebration for winning the league to be singing about another club, mentioning fans getting attacked as part of the lyrics and then attempting to hand-wave it away with the logic that it's been a song sung all season as if that makes some of the content okay, it's just really poor.

PES Fan
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Football Thread 2018-19 - Transfer Window is OPEN
by PES Fan » Thu May 16, 2019 5:31 pm

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... ine-going/

Interesting article on the finances of Barcelona. Apparently 80% of their revenue is on wages. Compare that to Man Utd who pay some of the biggest wages in the world whose wages cover 50% of the revenue.

They trying to get rid of Coutinho and Dembele. Don’t know why they signed Malcolm when they barely played him. Three signings they overpaid for after the Neymar fiasco. They just signed De Jong for £75m and probably will have to spend more for his mate at Ajax.

User avatar
Winckle
Technician
Joined in 2008
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: The Football Thread 2018-19 - Transfer Window is OPEN
by Winckle » Thu May 16, 2019 5:33 pm

PES Fan wrote:https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/05/15/antoine-griezmann-sold-barcelona-atletico-madrid-fine-going/

Interesting article on the finances of Barcelona. Apparently 80% of their revenue is on wages. Compare that to Man Utd who pay some of the biggest wages in the world whose wages cover 50% of the revenue.

They trying to get rid of Coutinho and Dembele. Don’t know why they signed Malcolm when they barely played him. Three signings they overpaid for after the Neymar fiasco. They just signed De Jong for £75m and probably will have to spend more for his mate at Ajax.

Why would Barca be after future Liverpool legend De Ligt?

Image
User avatar
Suffocate Peon
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Arv

PostRe: The Football Thread 2018-19 - Transfer Window is OPEN
by Suffocate Peon » Thu May 16, 2019 5:51 pm

Winckle wrote:
PES Fan wrote:https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/05/15/antoine-griezmann-sold-barcelona-atletico-madrid-fine-going/

Interesting article on the finances of Barcelona. Apparently 80% of their revenue is on wages. Compare that to Man Utd who pay some of the biggest wages in the world whose wages cover 50% of the revenue.

They trying to get rid of Coutinho and Dembele. Don’t know why they signed Malcolm when they barely played him. Three signings they overpaid for after the Neymar fiasco. They just signed De Jong for £75m and probably will have to spend more for his mate at Ajax.

Why would Barca be after future Liverpool legend De Ligt?

Why would Liverpool need him when they have Gomez?

User avatar
Winckle
Technician
Joined in 2008
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: The Football Thread 2018-19 - Transfer Window is OPEN
by Winckle » Thu May 16, 2019 8:15 pm

Depth.

Image
User avatar
Finish.Last
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Football Thread 2018-19 - Transfer Window is OPEN
by Finish.Last » Thu May 16, 2019 9:25 pm

Fabian Depth?

I called off his players' names as they came marching up the steps behind him....All nice guys. They'll finish last. Nice guys. Finish last.
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Football Thread 2018-19 - Transfer Window is OPEN
by Preezy » Thu May 16, 2019 9:33 pm

PES Fan wrote:https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/05/15/antoine-griezmann-sold-barcelona-atletico-madrid-fine-going/

Interesting article on the finances of Barcelona. Apparently 80% of their revenue is on wages. Compare that to Man Utd who pay some of the biggest wages in the world whose wages cover 50% of the revenue.

They trying to get rid of Coutinho and Dembele. Don’t know why they signed Malcolm when they barely played him. Three signings they overpaid for after the Neymar fiasco. They just signed De Jong for £75m and probably will have to spend more for his mate at Ajax.

And they're about to drop €100m on Greizmann as well. Dont know how they manage it.

User avatar
NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Football Thread 2018-19 - Not Sponsored by GAZPROM
by NickSCFC » Fri May 17, 2019 10:47 am

PES Fan wrote:
KK wrote:Looks like BT are dropping the FA Cup with rights returning to ITV and BBC from 2021 onwards. First time the whole competition will be free-to-air in over 30 years.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/fa-c ... -3css5zlnb



All those adverts about not mugging off the cup look silly now from BT. Surprised Sky haven’t made a bid.


If they dropping the FA Cup it means they going all out for the champions league.


I can see them ramping up their sports output considering they're rumoured to be losing the HBO and Disney/Fox contracts next year.

In the long term I see Sky as more of an ISP/mobile provider with Sky Sports being their main focus.

Image
Image
User avatar
Lex-Man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The Football Thread 2018-19 - Not Sponsored by GAZPROM
by Lex-Man » Fri May 17, 2019 11:00 am

NickSCFC wrote:
PES Fan wrote:
KK wrote:Looks like BT are dropping the FA Cup with rights returning to ITV and BBC from 2021 onwards. First time the whole competition will be free-to-air in over 30 years.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/fa-c ... -3css5zlnb



All those adverts about not mugging off the cup look silly now from BT. Surprised Sky haven’t made a bid.


If they dropping the FA Cup it means they going all out for the champions league.


I can see them ramping up their sports output considering they're rumoured to be losing the HBO and Disney/Fox contracts next year.

In the long term I see Sky as more of an ISP/mobile provider with Sky Sports being their main focus.


I'm guessing the FA cup just isn't that much of a draw to bother with. It's probably of more interest to fans of lower league clubs such as myself as it's the only time we get to face the top teams.

User avatar
Wedgie
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Football Thread 2018-19 - Transfer Window is OPEN
by Wedgie » Fri May 17, 2019 11:37 am

Barcelona is struggling for money? Really?

Image

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.


Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Football Thread 2018-19 - Transfer Window is OPEN
by Preezy » Fri May 17, 2019 12:29 pm

Massimiliano Allegri will leave his position as Juventus head coach at the end of the season, the Serie A club have announced.


:o Allegri to Barca, perhaps? I'd be amazed if Valverde survives the summer.

User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: The Football Thread 2018-19 - Transfer Window is OPEN
by Drumstick » Fri May 17, 2019 12:41 pm

Allegri to Brighton please.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Football Thread 2018-19 - Transfer Window is OPEN
by Cuttooth » Fri May 17, 2019 12:54 pm

Pulis to Juve???

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Football Thread 2018-19 - Transfer Window is OPEN
by Preezy » Fri May 17, 2019 12:58 pm


Full list below:

1. Messi
2. New Ronaldo
3. Zidane
4. Original Ronaldo
5. Ronaldinho
6. Henry
7. Xavi
8. Iniesta
9. Maldini
10. Baggio
11. Rivaldo
12. Cannavaro
13. Giggs
14. Kaka
15. Rooney
16. Figo
17. Batistuta
18. Cantona
19. Modric
20. Busquets
21. Raul
22. Scholes
23. Romario
24. Ramos
25. Buffon
26. Lahm
27. Neymar
28. Pirlo
29. Bergkamp
30. Suarez
31. Villa
32. Totti
33. Gerrard
34. Pique
35. Beckham
36. Del Piero
37. Bale
38. R. Carlos
39. Davids
40. Casillas
41. Puyol
42. J. Zanetti
43. Nedved
44. Robben
45. Schmeichel
46. Sammer
47. Vieira
48. Roy Keane
49. Cafu
50. Shearer
51. Nesta
52. Shevchenko
53. Rio Ferdinand
54. Lewandowski
55. Ibrahimovic
56. van Nistelrooy
57. Lampard
58. Desailly
59. Hagi
60. Seedorf
61. van der Sar
62. Dani Alves
63. Schweinsteiger
64. Veron
65. David Silva
66. Aguero
67. Thomas Muller
68. Ballack
69. Stoichkov
70. Makelele
71. Deco
72. Michael Owen
73. John Terry
74. Vieri
75. Trezeguet
76. Klinsmann
77. Sneijder
78. Hazard
79. Neuer
80. Eto'o
81. Alonso
82. Torres
83. Zola
84. Drogba
85. Kahn
86. Henrik Larsson
87. Ribery
88. Inzaghi
89. Tevez
90. Godin
91. Suker
92. Riquelme
93. Yaya Toure
94. Thuram
95. Hierro
96. Adams
97. Gascoigne
98. Klose
99. Weah
100. Salah
101. Le Tissier


Some of those names :datass: :datass:

User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Football Thread 2018-19 - FourFourTwo Top 101 Players pg. 296
by Rex Kramer » Fri May 17, 2019 1:07 pm

Batigol :wub:


Return to “Stuff”