The Football Thread 2019/20: UEFA yet again preparing naughty step and stern telling off, that'll learn 'em!

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Mini E
Doctor
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: The Football Thread 2019/20: Tottenham fans embroiled in rouge mod controversy
by Mini E » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:12 pm

pjbetman wrote:I dont get it - how are these stories supposed to be private, yet she posts them for followers? I mean, why would she be bothered that the Sun reports on them, when she herself has plastered it over SM to her millions of fans?


I think she means that she felt like Vardy had been a leak for IRL conversations, and used Instagram as a tool to prove her hypothesis. More sleuth-like than I would've given her credit for, to be honest.

User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: The Football Thread 2019/20: Tottenham fans embroiled in rouge mod controversy
by Tomous » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:16 pm

pjbetman wrote:I dont get it - how are these stories supposed to be private, yet she posts them for followers? I mean, why would she be bothered that the Sun reports on them, when she herself has plastered it over SM to her millions of fans?



I think she's talking about her own personal Instagram that isn't open to public

Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: 40 light-years outside of the buttermilk nebula

PostRe: The Football Thread 2019/20: Tottenham fans embroiled in rouge mod controversy
by Jenuall » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:21 pm

Winckle wrote:
Jenuall wrote:On the other hand Coleen basically blocked everyone on Instagram on 5 months and clearly nobody noticed so it's a bit of a hollow victory! :lol:

Well, she was quite clever in this regard, she only blocked access to the time limited stories section. She continued to post normal instagram posts to her profile.

Yeah I understand what she did, but it still means that nobody cared enough to point out "Hey, Coleen hasn't posted any stories for 5 months!" :lol:

She should have at least got a few "u ok hun? xx" messages that would have indicated someone noticed!

Image
User avatar
Winckle
Technician
Joined in 2008
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: The Football Thread 2019/20: Tottenham fans embroiled in rouge mod controversy
by Winckle » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:34 pm

Jenuall wrote:
Winckle wrote:
Jenuall wrote:On the other hand Coleen basically blocked everyone on Instagram on 5 months and clearly nobody noticed so it's a bit of a hollow victory! :lol:

Well, she was quite clever in this regard, she only blocked access to the time limited stories section. She continued to post normal instagram posts to her profile.

Yeah I understand what she did, but it still means that nobody cared enough to point out "Hey, Coleen hasn't posted any stories for 5 months!" :lol:

She should have at least got a few "u ok hun? xx" messages that would have indicated someone noticed!

Maybe a little, but if she's still posting regular updates then they might not care. Not that I'm suggesting Colleen Rooney's friends lack in curiousity.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Football Thread 2019/20: Tottenham fans embroiled in rouge mod controversy
by Moggy » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:52 pm

pjbetman wrote:I dont get it - how are these stories supposed to be private, yet she posts them for followers? I mean, why would she be bothered that the Sun reports on them, when she herself has plastered it over SM to her millions of fans?


She specified her personal Instagram account. I assume she has two, one that only friends/family could see and one for the public to see.

She noticed the stuff on her personal account was being leaked to the Sun and it sounds like she knew who it was and so set a trap. Which Vardy walked right into. :lol:

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Football Thread 2019/20: Tottenham fans embroiled in rouge mod controversy
by Preezy » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:56 pm

Moggy wrote:She noticed the stuff on her personal account was being leaked to the Sun and it sounds like she knew who it was and so set a trap. Which Vardy walked right into. :lol:

She only walked right into the trap because she couldn't see it over her heavily pregnant stomach, give her a break :roll:

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: 40 light-years outside of the buttermilk nebula

PostRe: The Football Thread 2019/20: Tottenham fans embroiled in rouge mod controversy
by Jenuall » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:03 pm

Wonder how she knew to target Vardy with this - is she known for being a bit of a gooseberry fool or something?

Image
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: The Football Thread 2019/20: Tottenham fans embroiled in rouge mod controversy
by Photek » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:33 pm

Image

WAG WARS We get wives and girlfriends of England footballers who dislike each other to live in a Semi detached house in Norwich together, for a month.

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: 40 light-years outside of the buttermilk nebula

PostRe: The Football Thread 2019/20: Tottenham fans embroiled in rouge mod controversy
by Jenuall » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:41 pm

If you can relocate it to a youth hostel and throw Chris Eubank into the mix then you've got yourself a hit!

Image
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: The Football Thread 2019/20: Tottenham fans embroiled in rouge mod controversy
by Tomous » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:47 pm

Properly policed. It must not, repeat not, turn into an all night rave.

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Football Thread 2019/20: No. 1 WAGs Detective Agency
by Moggy » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:12 pm

Number one trending topic in the UK is currently “WAGatha Christie”

:lol:

User avatar
Dowbocop
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Football Thread 2019/20: No. 1 WAGs Detective Agency
by Dowbocop » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:16 pm

Moggy wrote:Number one trending topic in the UK is currently “WAGatha Christie”

:lol:

Bollocks, that's so much better than my thread title :x

Anyone else want Rooney recalled to the England squad for the lols?

User avatar
Benzin
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: The Football Thread 2019/20: No. 1 WAGs Detective Agency
by Benzin » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:15 pm

Derby Vs Leicester in FA Cup HAS to be the solution right?

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Football Thread 2019/20: No. 1 WAGs Detective Agency
by Preezy » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:25 pm

Benzin wrote:Derby Vs Leicester in FA Cup HAS to be the solution right?

I saw a tweet (can't find it now) that said something like "So is Rooney really going to Derby or was that just Colleen trying extra hard to flush out Rebekah Vardy?" :lol:

User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: The Football Thread 2019/20: No. 1 WAGs Detective Agency
by Tomous » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:33 pm

Preezy wrote:
Benzin wrote:Derby Vs Leicester in FA Cup HAS to be the solution right?

I saw a tweet (can't find it now) that said something like "So is Rooney really going to Derby or was that just Colleen trying extra hard to flush out Rebekah Vardy?" :lol:


My mate sent me that while I was in a meeting at the back, on my phone and not paying attention, and I audibly laughed quite loudly :fp: :slol:

Image
User avatar
Dowbocop
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Football Thread 2019/20: No. 1 WAGs Detective Agency
by Dowbocop » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:13 pm

Related to the Merseyside rivalry chat from a few days ago, this is a really good idea that shouldn't need to happen.


User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: The Football Thread 2019/20: No. 1 WAGs Detective Agency
by Photek » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:51 pm

4 years ago Yesterday, Klopp signed up as Liverpool manager. He has been nothing short of incredible on and off the pitch. :wub:

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: The Football Thread 2019/20: No. 1 WAGs Detective Agency
by Photek » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:58 pm

Dowbocop wrote:Related to the Merseyside rivalry chat from a few days ago, this is a really good idea that shouldn't need to happen.


I always wonder, because The Sun is banned in Liverpool do they have a bit more empathy as a result? I know Liverpool was largely Remain and that’s put down to The Sun being banned.

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Football Thread 2019/20: No. 1 WAGs Detective Agency
by Rex Kramer » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:35 am



:shock: Not a massive fluke at all.

User avatar
Winckle
Technician
Joined in 2008
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: The Football Thread 2019/20: No. 1 WAGs Detective Agency
by Winckle » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:50 am

Photek wrote:
Dowbocop wrote:Related to the Merseyside rivalry chat from a few days ago, this is a really good idea that shouldn't need to happen.


I always wonder, because The Sun is banned in Liverpool do they have a bit more empathy as a result? I know Liverpool was largely Remain and that’s put down to The Sun being banned.

I know you mean well by this Photek, but I think it's important to point out that The Sun isn't "banned", it's boycotted.

I feel like that's an important distinction, as it wasn't something imposed on the people of Liverpool, it was a conscious act of solidarity by ordinary people.


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Lex-Man, MSN [Bot], Ste and 57 guests