Gig & Festival - RockerShaun in Elton John Leicester SCANDAL! Page 178 for details!

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
sawyerpip
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Gig & Festival - RockerShaun in Elton John Leicester SCANDAL! Page 178 for details!
by sawyerpip » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:29 pm

Supposed to be seeing Childish Gambino tomorrow but it was postponed due to his broken foot :( Got tickets to see Mogwai in Cardiff this month to cheer me up though, been wanting to see them live for years.

User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Gig & Festival - RockerShaun in Elton John Leicester SCANDAL! Page 178 for details!
by Knoyleo » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:43 pm

Pedz wrote:Could be worse, could be a good band.

Image

User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Gig & Festival - RockerShaun in Elton John Leicester SCANDAL! Page 178 for details!
by Pedz » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:02 pm

Is it bad that I don't know what that is?

ImageImage
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Gig & Festival - RockerShaun in Elton John Leicester SCANDAL! Page 178 for details!
by Mafro » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:13 pm

GZA doing Liquid Swords in Glasgow in April :o

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
sawyerpip
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Gig & Festival - RockerShaun in Elton John Leicester SCANDAL! Page 178 for details!
by sawyerpip » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:29 pm

Finally saw Mogwai for the first time tonight. They are LOUD.

User avatar
sawyerpip
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Gig & Festival - RockerShaun in Elton John Leicester SCANDAL! Page 178 for details!
by sawyerpip » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:28 pm

Initially I was obviously disappointed that Childish Gambino postponed his gig last month, but now he's added another London date which means we've been able to swap our seated tickets right at the back of the arena to standing tickets :D

User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Gig & Festival - RockerShaun in Elton John Leicester SCANDAL! Page 178 for details!
by Knoyleo » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:52 am

*bump*

Saw Sleaford Mods at the Institute in Digbeth last night. Great show. For two blokes on stage with a laptop and a microphone, the energy was huge. A lot of stuff off the new album, which I'm pleased to say sounds really good love, as I was a bit underwhelmed by the recorded release. Crowd was well into all of it, and belting it out to the older songs as well.

User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Gig & Festival - RockerShaun in Elton John Leicester SCANDAL! Page 178 for details!
by Corazon de Leon » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:45 am

sawyerpip wrote:Finally saw Mogwai for the first time tonight. They are LOUD.


Just saw this - not sure what you were expecting. :lol:

Image Image
User avatar
sawyerpip
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Gig & Festival - RockerShaun in Elton John Leicester SCANDAL! Page 178 for details!
by sawyerpip » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:28 am

Corazon de Leon wrote:
sawyerpip wrote:Finally saw Mogwai for the first time tonight. They are LOUD.


Just saw this - not sure what you were expecting. :lol:


Yeah I knew they'd be loud, but I was still surprised by how loud they actually were. Great gig though, definitely will see them again next time they play near.

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Gig & Festival - RockerShaun in Elton John Leicester SCANDAL! Page 178 for details!
by Jenuall » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:52 pm

Managed to grab tickets to see The Killers play at Cardiff Castle in June. :datass:

Now I just need to try and listen to anything they've done on their last two albums as I'm woefully out of date on their oeuvre!

ImageImage
User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Gig & Festival - RockerShaun in Elton John Leicester SCANDAL! Page 178 for details!
by Knoyleo » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:37 pm

Got tickets to see Pixies in September :datass:

User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Gig & Festival - RockerShaun in Elton John Leicester SCANDAL! Page 178 for details!
by Ad7 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:22 pm

Jenuall wrote:Managed to grab tickets to see The Killers play at Cardiff Castle in June. :datass:

Now I just need to try and listen to anything they've done on their last two albums as I'm woefully out of date on their oeuvre!


The Mrs asked if we should get tickets for that gig, and I reminded her they've done 1 good album and then every subsequent one has been a camp Bruce Springsteen karaoke Impersonation.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Gig & Festival - RockerShaun in Elton John Leicester SCANDAL! Page 178 for details!
by Jenuall » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:06 pm

Ad7 wrote:
Jenuall wrote:Managed to grab tickets to see The Killers play at Cardiff Castle in June. :datass:

Now I just need to try and listen to anything they've done on their last two albums as I'm woefully out of date on their oeuvre!


The Mrs asked if we should get tickets for that gig, and I reminded her they've done 1 good album and then every subsequent one has been a camp Bruce Springsteen karaoke Impersonation.

I'm not convinced they even had 1 good album to be fair, Hot Fuss had some great singles but the album tracks are proper filler material.

They've got more than enough big songs to work through a great set, but yeah they haven't exactly got the greatest depth to their catalogue! :lol:

ImageImage
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Gig & Festival - RockerShaun in Elton John Leicester SCANDAL! Page 178 for details!
by Mafro » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:49 pm

GZA tomorrow night :toot:

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Gig & Festival - RockerShaun in Elton John Leicester SCANDAL! Page 178 for details!
by Moggy » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:23 pm

Jenuall wrote:
Ad7 wrote:
Jenuall wrote:Managed to grab tickets to see The Killers play at Cardiff Castle in June. :datass:

Now I just need to try and listen to anything they've done on their last two albums as I'm woefully out of date on their oeuvre!


The Mrs asked if we should get tickets for that gig, and I reminded her they've done 1 good album and then every subsequent one has been a camp Bruce Springsteen karaoke Impersonation.

I'm not convinced they even had 1 good album to be fair, Hot Fuss had some great singles but the album tracks are proper filler material.

They've got more than enough big songs to work through a great set, but yeah they haven't exactly got the greatest depth to their catalogue! :lol:


I saw the Killers at the Isle of Wight festival a few years ago. It was a lot of fun, they have enough songs to do a decent set.

Far better than Kings of Leon. :dread: :dread: :dread:

User avatar
KingK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Gig & Festival - RockerShaun in Elton John Leicester SCANDAL! Page 178 for details!
by KingK » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:43 pm

So, having seen Muse in London at the start of the month, I'm now in Manchester ready for Metallica's gig tonight at the Etihad.

5th time I'll have seen them, but first time in about 25yrs at an open air gig. Really looking forward to this :nod:

Also, first ever time at the Etihad.

Image
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Gig & Festival - RockerShaun in Elton John Leicester SCANDAL! Page 178 for details!
by Corazon de Leon » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:01 pm

They are excellent live but I find them a bit...I dunno, sanitised nowadays? Regardless, it’s a great experience. Enjoy!

Image Image
User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: Gig & Festival - RockerShaun in Elton John Leicester SCANDAL! Page 178 for details!
by Ironhide » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:24 pm

Corazon de Leon wrote:For strawberry float's sake.

Allegedly they're banned from all venues in Glasgow because the council didn't realise how intense their pyro is and shat it when they played the SECC in 2005 :lol:




The pyro at the end is insane.

Also, Till smacking Flake's head into the keyboards :slol:

Image
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Gig & Festival - RockerShaun in Elton John Leicester SCANDAL! Page 178 for details!
by Mafro » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:29 pm

Saw them at Download 2016 :datass:

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Gig & Festival - RockerShaun in Elton John Leicester SCANDAL! Page 178 for details!
by Corazon de Leon » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:36 pm

They're excellent live, saw them at Sonisphere '11(?) and Download 2012(?) - great sets, great pyro, weird dick obsession. Everything you could ask for really. :lol:

Image Image

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: abcd, BAKA, Balladeer, Bing [Bot], BTB, Cuttooth, Denster, Fade, floydfreak, Google [Bot], Heskimo, JChalmers, Kanbei, Lagamorph, Lex-Man, Lime, Mafro, Photek, Preezy, Return_of_the_STAR, suzzopher, Tafdolphin, Vermilion, Zaichik and 52 guests