The Great Debate: Do you think it is wrong to park in Parent and Child car park spaces in the evening?

Fed up talking videogames? Why?

Is Drummy a bad person?

Yes
48
77%
No
14
23%
 
Total votes: 62
User avatar
Tomous
Member
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostThe Great Debate: Do you think it is wrong to park in Parent and Child car park spaces in the evening?
by Tomous » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:09 am

Let's settle this.

Image
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Great Debate: Do you think it is wrong to park in Parent and Child car park spaces in the evening?
by Rex Kramer » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:12 am

Yes, stop being a lazy banana split and walk across the car park. It's not like parking in long stay airport parking, it's about 50 yards further away. And while we're at it, they should impound cars that belong to people that park outside the cash points and then go inside and shop.

User avatar
Benzin
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: The Great Debate: Do you think it is wrong to park in Parent and Child car park spaces in the evening?
by Benzin » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:17 am

If I can behave and not use my partner's blue badge when she's not with me or I'm picking her up then people can park in a normal space.

Infuriates me no end when people just use dedicated spaces without reason.

User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: The Great Debate: Do you think it is wrong to park in Parent and Child car park spaces in the evening?
by OrangeRKN » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:17 am

Are they single car parking spaces within our same local car park, or are they entire car parks themselves viewed at great distance?

(This is a Great Debate joke)

Image
Image
orkn.uk - @OrangeRakoon - Top 5 Games of 2020 - SW-6533-2461-3235
User avatar
Chocolate-Milk
Member
Joined in 2015
AKA: Guy Brush of Lincolnshire

PostRe: The Great Debate: Do you think it is wrong to park in Parent and Child car park spaces in the evening?
by Chocolate-Milk » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:20 am

Yeah, can't really defend this one. The distance between parent & child spaces and normal ones is usually negligible, so while technically there's nothing to say you can't use them, it's just common decency to walk the extra few feet.

Image
It was me, Dio!
User avatar
Dual
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Great Debate: Do you think it is wrong to park in Parent and Child car park spaces in the evening?
by Dual » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:21 am

If I go to morribobs with the boy and all of the parent and child spaces are taken I park in the disabled spaces.

You going to fight me?

User avatar
Albear
Moderator
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Great Debate: Do you think it is wrong to park in Parent and Child car park spaces in the evening?
by Albear » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:22 am

:lol:

User avatar
Chocolate-Milk
Member
Joined in 2015
AKA: Guy Brush of Lincolnshire

PostRe: The Great Debate: Do you think it is wrong to park in Parent and Child car park spaces in the evening?
by Chocolate-Milk » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:23 am

Dual wrote:If I go to morribobs with the boy and all of the parent and child spaces are taken I park in the disabled spaces.

You going to fight me?

Not where everyone can see me punch a man in a disabled bay, no. :slol:

Image
It was me, Dio!
User avatar
Red
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Pons Aelius

PostRe: The Great Debate: Do you think it is wrong to park in Parent and Child car park spaces in the evening?
by Red » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:23 am

Yeah, they're not time limited like some bus lanes or whatever. Letting people use them when they think they're probably quieter just becomes a free for all. Also can't really see the point - if it's not busy, normal parking spaces are unlikely to also be full, so just... park properly.

Coconut Bob wrote:You come across as feminine as a cave troll so its no wonder you have little concept of the way females should behave.

Instagram: @amygmatic
User avatar
Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Great Debate: Do you think it is wrong to park in Parent and Child car park spaces in the evening?
by Cuttooth » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:24 am

Benzin wrote:If I can behave and not use my partner's blue badge when she's not with me or I'm picking her up then people can park in a normal space.

Infuriates me no end when people just use dedicated spaces without reason.

I thought you could use a blue badge for this?

User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: The Great Debate: Do you think it is wrong to park in Parent and Child car park spaces in the evening?
by Qikz » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:26 am

The purpose of the child and parent spaces is completely lost when the carpark is empty. The reason for their existance is so people can get their babies/toddlers out and put them in a pram/push chair but when there's no other people in the car park they can do that literally anywhere.

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: The Great Debate: Do you think it is wrong to park in Parent and Child car park spaces in the evening?
by Moggy » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:28 am

Qikz wrote:The purpose of the child and parent spaces is completely lost when the carpark is empty. The reason for their existance is so people can get their babies/toddlers out and put them in a pram/push chair but when there's no other people in the car park they can do that literally anywhere.


The same argument goes for the disabled spaces.

If the car park is empty, then there will be lots of spaces close to the shop. Why be a dick and take up a designated space?

Image
User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: The Great Debate: Do you think it is wrong to park in Parent and Child car park spaces in the evening?
by Qikz » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:30 am

Moggy wrote:
Qikz wrote:The purpose of the child and parent spaces is completely lost when the carpark is empty. The reason for their existance is so people can get their babies/toddlers out and put them in a pram/push chair but when there's no other people in the car park they can do that literally anywhere.


The same argument goes for the disabled spaces.

If the car park is empty, then there will be lots of spaces close to the shop. Why be a dick and take up a designated space?


Disabled spaces are completely different, the people with disabilities may not be able to walk very well and may not need a wheelchair.

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: The Great Debate: Do you think it is wrong to park in Parent and Child car park spaces in the evening?
by Moggy » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:32 am

Qikz wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Qikz wrote:The purpose of the child and parent spaces is completely lost when the carpark is empty. The reason for their existance is so people can get their babies/toddlers out and put them in a pram/push chair but when there's no other people in the car park they can do that literally anywhere.


The same argument goes for the disabled spaces.

If the car park is empty, then there will be lots of spaces close to the shop. Why be a dick and take up a designated space?


Disabled spaces are completely different, the people with disabilities may not be able to walk very well and may not need a wheelchair.


How likely is it that 5 disabled people will suddenly turn up at 8pm when the car park was empty?

It's the exact same argument. Don't be a lazy twat, walk the extra couple of metres from a normal space.

Image
User avatar
Met
Member
Joined in 2015

PostRe: The Great Debate: Do you think it is wrong to park in Parent and Child car park spaces in the evening?
by Met » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:34 am

Maybe they should have thought about someone parking in their space that one time before they chose to have children.

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: The Great Debate: Do you think it is wrong to park in Parent and Child car park spaces in the evening?
by Jenuall » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:35 am

Yeah just park normally!

Saying "parents will be fine in any space when it's quiet!" is also a perfectly good argument for why you will be fine in any space!

Someone wrestling kids out of a car who probably don't want to be going shopping, possibly needing to try and get out and setup a buggy/pushchair, trying to make sure nobody is running off and getting themselves run over in the time between getting out of the car and into the relative safety of the shop has a bit more of a need to use those spaces that someone who just fancies a minutely shorter strawberry floating walk.

User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: The Great Debate: Do you think it is wrong to park in Parent and Child car park spaces in the evening?
by Qikz » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:35 am

Met wrote:Maybe they should have thought about someone parking in their space that one time before they chose to have children.


Image

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
User avatar
Zilnad
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: The Great Debate: Do you think it is wrong to park in Parent and Child car park spaces in the evening?
by Zilnad » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:41 am

I don't think it's wrong but I wouldn't have the balls to do it.

User avatar
Red
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Pons Aelius

PostRe: The Great Debate: Do you think it is wrong to park in Parent and Child car park spaces in the evening?
by Red » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:43 am

Qikz wrote:The purpose of the child and parent spaces is completely lost when the carpark is empty. The reason for their existance is so people can get their babies/toddlers out and put them in a pram/push chair but when there's no other people in the car park they can do that literally anywhere.

It's not their entire point. They are also closer to the shop to make it easier to get to and from the car with small children in tow.

Coconut Bob wrote:You come across as feminine as a cave troll so its no wonder you have little concept of the way females should behave.

Instagram: @amygmatic
User avatar
Albear
Moderator
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Great Debate: Do you think it is wrong to park in Parent and Child car park spaces in the evening?
by Albear » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:43 am

Thread is really separating the wheat from the chaff


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Albear, Christopher, Dowbocop, Minty14, Monkey Man, Skarjo, Squinty, Ste, Tafdolphin, Tineash, Vermilion and 109 guests