The Higher Education Megathread

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Mini E
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: The Higher Education Megathread
by Mini E » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:19 am

Rightey wrote:I've been asked to be a reviewer on an academic paper! I feel like I've made it, but also that I will now be revealed as being a massive fraud.


Don't worry - I had exactly the same feeling doing this. I've now done four in total and have checked my review with my PhD DoS before sending every single one back because I'm so worried I'm going to look stupid about something :lol:

User avatar
Mini E
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: The Higher Education Megathread
by Mini E » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:57 am

Made it to bed last night at 05:45, got up today at 06:30. Hoping to be in bed for 03:00 tonight and in work for 08:00 again. I submit my PhD in 38 hours. Meep. I have never drunk energy drinks before but Red Bull is keeping me going.

User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: The Higher Education Megathread
by Corazon de Leon » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:30 am

Jesus. Final sprint though - take the weekend to sleep as much as you can. :lol:

I have 77 essays to mark in my spare time this week and next. Managed about 15 so far. :lol:

Image Image
User avatar
Mini E
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: The Higher Education Megathread
by Mini E » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:16 am

Corazon de Leon wrote:Jesus. Final sprint though - take the weekend to sleep as much as you can. :lol:

I have 77 essays to mark in my spare time this week and next. Managed about 15 so far. :lol:


I’ve got the Pompey game to relax on saturday and then the strawberry floating Reading half marathon on Sunday.

How many words per assignment? War is hell :lol:

User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: The Higher Education Megathread
by Corazon de Leon » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:04 pm

3,000 for 64 of them, 4,000 for the other 13. To be fair I enjoy marking when it's only a class or two. But this...

Image Image
User avatar
Mini E
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: The Higher Education Megathread
by Mini E » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:01 pm

Corazon de Leon wrote:3,000 for 64 of them, 4,000 for the other 13. To be fair I enjoy marking when it's only a class or two. But this...


That sounds highly unpleasant.


I just submitted my PhD thesis. :| :| :|

User avatar
Rightey
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Higher Education Megathread
by Rightey » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:29 pm

Mini E wrote:
Rightey wrote:I've been asked to be a reviewer on an academic paper! I feel like I've made it, but also that I will now be revealed as being a massive fraud.


Don't worry - I had exactly the same feeling doing this. I've now done four in total and have checked my review with my PhD DoS before sending every single one back because I'm so worried I'm going to look stupid about something :lol:


They didn't email me back after I told them I would review the paper. :|

Also, congrats mini e!

Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.

Image
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: The Higher Education Megathread
by Corazon de Leon » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:23 pm

Mini E wrote:
Corazon de Leon wrote:3,000 for 64 of them, 4,000 for the other 13. To be fair I enjoy marking when it's only a class or two. But this...


That sounds highly unpleasant.


I just submitted my PhD thesis. :| :| :|


Congratulations mate, really. Hope you enjoyed the Pompey result this afternoon to go with it and you don't conk out during your half tomorrow. :wub:

Image Image

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Denster, Dowbocop, Garth, Lex-Man, Qikz, RichardUK, Robbo-92, shy guy 64, zXe and 33 guests