The Interesting Facts Thread™

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Interesting Facts Thread™
by Ad7 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:01 am

Most corn flakes come from America.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Vermilion
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: The Interesting Facts Thread™
by Vermilion » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:03 am

rinks wrote:
Ironhide wrote:
rinks wrote:My sister has a penis in a jar, and wants a second one.


Who did it belong to?


Our gran. She left it to her in her will.


Your first post raised a number of questions, and your second has raised even more.

User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Wherever you want me to be, baby

PostRe: The Interesting Facts Thread™
by Somebody Else's Problem » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:01 am

Ad7 wrote:I cant believe you'd see them as anything else. In the pre-foil pack days when they were bigger, it was almost a death sentence to try and fit a whole monster munch crisp in your mouth. I used to enjoy biting each toe off one by one (context). Like hula hoops back then, they were big enough to put on your fingers then bite off.


Remember you were a lot smaller back then, so it's not necessarily that Monster Much were bigger.

Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Under the raft

PostRe: The Interesting Facts Thread™
by Jenuall » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:08 am

Ad7 wrote:Most corn flakes come from America.

John Harvey Kellogg designed corn flakes to be intentionally dull as part of a wider "all bland" diet designed to suppress passion and stop people wanking.

Or something like that.

ImageImage
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Interesting Facts Thread™
by Ad7 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:10 am

Then they made special K which was all about the wanking

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Under the raft

PostRe: The Interesting Facts Thread™
by Jenuall » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:12 am

:datass:

ImageImage
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Interesting Facts Thread™
by Moggy » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:12 am

Somebody Else's Problem wrote:
Ad7 wrote:I cant believe you'd see them as anything else. In the pre-foil pack days when they were bigger, it was almost a death sentence to try and fit a whole monster munch crisp in your mouth. I used to enjoy biting each toe off one by one (context). Like hula hoops back then, they were big enough to put on your fingers then bite off.


Remember you were a lot smaller back then, so it's not necessarily that Monster Much were bigger.


That's not true, Ad7 was a very fat child.

User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: The Interesting Facts Thread™
by Ironhide » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:53 pm

Vermilion wrote:
rinks wrote:
Ironhide wrote:
rinks wrote:My sister has a penis in a jar, and wants a second one.


Who did it belong to?


Our gran. She left it to her in her will.


Your first post raised a number of questions, and your second has raised even more.


:lol:

Image
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Interesting Facts Thread™
by Hexx » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:54 pm

Vermilion wrote:
rinks wrote:
Ironhide wrote:
rinks wrote:My sister has a penis in a jar, and wants a second one.


Who did it belong to?


Our gran. She left it to her in her will.


Your first post raised a number of questions, and your second has raised even more.


:lol:

User avatar
Abacus
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: The Interesting Facts Thread™
by Abacus » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:48 pm

The moon is 400 times smaller than the sun.

BUT the sun is 400 times further away from earth than the moon is.

I haven't read the rest of the fact, but I think it means you can just take or leave one or the other.

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Under the raft

PostRe: The Interesting Facts Thread™
by Jenuall » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:05 pm

Which is crazy when you think about it!

Also as the moon is, ever so slowly, moving away from the Earth it will over time appear smaller in our sky and therefore the phenomenon of a total eclipse will no longer exist (outside of the realm of Jaffa Cakes anyway ;) )

That the moon and sun appear in the sky in this precise configuration AND it happens at a point in history where we are able to witness and comment on it is incredible when you think about it

ImageImage
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Interesting Facts Thread™
by Preezy » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:09 pm

Greenland sharks have the longest known lifespan of all vertebrate species (estimated to be between 300–500 years). As an adaptation to living at depth, they have a high concentration of trimethylamine N-oxide in their tissues, which causes the meat to be toxic.

So not only can they kill you by eating you, but they can also kill you by you eating them! :lol:

And there are most likely some Greenland sharks alive today that were alive when Shakespeare was knocking about :o

Image
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: The Interesting Facts Thread™
by OrangeRKN » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:12 pm

After the end of World War II, the world was split into two -- East and West. This marked the beginning of the era known as the Cold War.

Witty biological-political hybrid jokes are the reason this place fails to cater to a wide audience
Image
Image
Web - RedBubble - @OrangeRakoon - GOTY 2018
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Under the raft

PostRe: The Interesting Facts Thread™
by Jenuall » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:16 pm

Who let a snake in this thread?!

ImageImage
User avatar
Chocolate-Milk
Member
Joined in 2015

PostRe: The Interesting Facts Thread™
by Chocolate-Milk » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:17 pm

OR proving once again that he doesn't know Jack.

Image
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: The Interesting Facts Thread™
by OrangeRKN » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:21 pm

The bigeye trevally is a type of mackerel. The adult fish lives around coral reefs, but the young can be found in fresh water areas such as estuaries and rivers.

Witty biological-political hybrid jokes are the reason this place fails to cater to a wide audience
Image
Image
Web - RedBubble - @OrangeRakoon - GOTY 2018
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Under the raft

PostRe: The Interesting Facts Thread™
by Jenuall » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:25 pm

OrangeRKN wrote:The bigeye trevally is a type of mackerel. The adult fish lives around coral reefs, but the young can be found in fresh water areas such as estuaries and rivers.

Good to know. So, how do they taste?

ImageImage
User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: The Interesting Facts Thread™
by Poser » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:27 pm

Jenuall wrote:So, how do they taste?


They use their mouths.

Image
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: The Interesting Facts Thread™
by OrangeRKN » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:30 pm

Well, I've heard stories about people getting ciguatera poisoning after eating the adult fish.

Witty biological-political hybrid jokes are the reason this place fails to cater to a wide audience
Image
Image
Web - RedBubble - @OrangeRakoon - GOTY 2018
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Under the raft

PostRe: The Interesting Facts Thread™
by Jenuall » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:33 pm

So, I can't eat those bigeye trevally?

ImageImage

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Albear, Cuttooth, Denster, Dowbocop, Errkal, Godzilla, Monkey Man, Oblomov Boblomov, PaperMacheMario, Peter Crisp, Trelliz and 45 guests