Okarin tutturu~! The Japanese Anime & Manga Thread II [POST YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS]

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Pedro
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leeds

PostRe: Okarin tutturu~! The Japanese Anime & Manga Thread II [POST YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS]
by Pedro » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:45 pm

Pizza Tossin' Leo:Info here.

User avatar
Rightey
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Okarin tutturu~! The Japanese Anime & Manga Thread II [POST YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS]
by Rightey » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:18 pm

Pedro wrote:Pizza Tossin' Leo:Info here.


That's amazing!

How on Earth did you find that?!

Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.

Image
User avatar
Pedro
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leeds

PostRe: Okarin tutturu~! The Japanese Anime & Manga Thread II [POST YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS]
by Pedro » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:58 pm

Rightey wrote:
Pedro wrote:Pizza Tossin' Leo:Info here.


That's amazing!

How on Earth did you find that?!


I'd seen the figure before in a retrospective for the turtles so knew it wasn't a bootleg and then it was simply a range of google variants on pizza + throw/chuck/launch.

I think after the initial gold rush, the gimmik figures for the Turtles came quite a big part of the line.

User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Okarin tutturu~! The Japanese Anime & Manga Thread II [POST YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS]
by Pedz » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:59 am

May have already posted in.here, but really enjoying The Seven Deadly Sins.

Image
ImageImage
User avatar
Jam-Master Jay
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Lord Hypnos
Location: Stourbridge
Contact:

PostRe: Okarin tutturu~! The Japanese Anime & Manga Thread II [POST YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS]
by Jam-Master Jay » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:13 pm

Mob Psycho 100 Season 2 starts today. :mrgreen:

There's also The Promised Neverland and Kaguya-sama:Love is War anime making their debut before the end of the week. :datass:

Image
User avatar
Rightey
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Okarin tutturu~! The Japanese Anime & Manga Thread II [POST YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS]
by Rightey » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:52 pm

Pedro wrote:
Rightey wrote:
Pedro wrote:Pizza Tossin' Leo:Info here.


That's amazing!

How on Earth did you find that?!


I'd seen the figure before in a retrospective for the turtles so knew it wasn't a bootleg and then it was simply a range of google variants on pizza + throw/chuck/launch.

I think after the initial gold rush, the gimmik figures for the Turtles came quite a big part of the line.


Neat! Think it's worth anything? It was being sold for about $4.

Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.

Image
User avatar
Green Gecko
Director
Joined in 2008
Location: Sussex
Contact:

PostRe: Okarin tutturu~! The Japanese Anime & Manga Thread II [POST YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS]
by Green Gecko » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:08 pm

I think Hi Score Girl is the first bit of TV that has made me feel like a 12 year old confused boy since.. I was a 12 year old confused boy.

Support GRcade | t: @GRcade | FB: GRcadeUK | YT: GRcadeVideo | Twitch: GRcadeUK
Image
Image
User avatar
Rightey
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Okarin tutturu~! The Japanese Anime & Manga Thread II [POST YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS]
by Rightey » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:47 am

Went to a anime store today as my wife went to see a friend, and saw some pretty cool junk...

Pop Team Epic stuff...
Image

Lots of Love Live stuff...

Image

Image

These are pretty cool, little cut outs of the character that are encased in plastic and come with a stand so you can put them infront of a background (as shown in the second pic). There seemed to be two kinds, one that was a cheaper and made in China (580 Yen), and another that was actually made in Japan (about 1200 Yen).

Image



Image

Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.

Image
User avatar
Karl
Seyana!
Seyana!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Okarin tutturu~! The Japanese Anime & Manga Thread II [POST YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS]
by Karl » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:52 am

Rightey wrote:
Lots of Love Live stuff...

Image

Image

These are pretty cool, little cut outs of the character that are encased in plastic and come with a stand so you can put them infront of a background (as shown in the second pic). There seemed to be two kinds, one that was a cheaper and made in China (580 Yen), and another that was actually made in Japan (about 1200 Yen).

Image



Image

An entire shelf for Love Live! Hype! Image They seem to have a lot of stuff you wouldn't expect, like pens and... sweets?

User avatar
Rightey
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Okarin tutturu~! The Japanese Anime & Manga Thread II [POST YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS]
by Rightey » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:28 am

Yes, and this was a pretty small store as well so I'm sure the bigger ones probably have a lot more stuff. Like I said this store didn't really have any figures, although weirdly they did have an entire aisle dedicated to gay manga. Is that stuff really that popular over here?

Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.

Image
User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Okarin tutturu~! The Japanese Anime & Manga Thread II [POST YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS]
by Qikz » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:31 pm

Do not hot glue the ninja turtle

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
User avatar
Rightey
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Okarin tutturu~! The Japanese Anime & Manga Thread II [POST YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS]
by Rightey » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:17 pm

Hot glue him to what?

Please don't tell me this is a euphemism...

Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.

Image
User avatar
<]:^D
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Okarin tutturu~! The Japanese Anime & Manga Thread II [POST YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS]
by <]:^D » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:57 pm

:lol:

User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Okarin tutturu~! The Japanese Anime & Manga Thread II [POST YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS]
by Qikz » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:34 pm

Rightey wrote:Hot glue him to what?

Please don't tell me this is a euphemism...


Oh my sweet summer child.

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: Okarin tutturu~! The Japanese Anime & Manga Thread II [POST YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS]
by Ironhide » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:34 pm

Found myself on the weird part of youtube earlier on (as you do) and stumbled across a vid of some lass (I hope) cosplaying as a generic anime character -that might not sound too strange but it did include a full face mask with huge anime eyes and flesh coloured bodysuit to give the full 'drawn' effect.

Didn't know people took cosplay to such extremes.

Image
User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Okarin tutturu~! The Japanese Anime & Manga Thread II [POST YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS]
by Qikz » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:47 pm

Ironhide wrote:Found myself on the weird part of youtube earlier on (as you do) and stumbled across a vid of some lass (I hope) cosplaying as a generic anime character -that might not sound too strange but it did include a full face mask with huge anime eyes and flesh coloured bodysuit to give the full 'drawn' effect.

Didn't know people took cosplay to such extremes.


You mean Animegao kigurumi?

Yeah they're a bit creepy.


Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: Okarin tutturu~! The Japanese Anime & Manga Thread II [POST YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS]
by Ironhide » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:49 pm

She was wearing a one-piece wet look swimsuit type thing (over the bodysuit) which would be quite hot without the mask but it's just a bit too creepy to be sexy.

Also I imagine they get extremely sweaty inside those things, which again isn't exactly sexy (unless you're into that sort of thing).

Anyway I soon decided that was enough random youtube for today.

Image
User avatar
Rightey
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Okarin tutturu~! The Japanese Anime & Manga Thread II [POST YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS]
by Rightey » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:23 am

Qikz wrote:
Rightey wrote:Hot glue him to what?

Please don't tell me this is a euphemism...


Oh my sweet summer child.


I think I prefer to stay ignorant about this.

Qikz wrote:


WTF are the girls saying in these? I remember seeing one of the pictures that the video is made from separately, and the girl was smoking two cigarettes at once and all I could think about was the "I am in flavour country" joke from the Simpsons :lol:

Today I went to a place with loads of weeb stores here in Osaka called Den Den town.

Spoilers for lots of pics...

I wonder if we're reaching market saturation of Love Live stuff as there were loads of seemingly new figures going for bargain prices...

At first I thought maybe the Japanese are all leg men and these busts just don't sell well...

Image

But I noticed it on a few figures. I'm guessing they're just older ones, as I still saw some which were quite pricey.

Image

Image

Image

Like these small ones were pretty pricey for the size...

Image

One store also had a section where people can rent a display to sell their old figures. There were loads of cool stuff like Dragon Ball, Jojo, One Piece etc. But I think my favourite was this Super Sonico just because of that smug minion. :lol:

Image

I would have bought it instantly, but my wife hates these things and always gives me a hard time about them. :x

Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.

Image
User avatar
Jam-Master Jay
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Lord Hypnos
Location: Stourbridge
Contact:

PostRe: Okarin tutturu~! The Japanese Anime & Manga Thread II [POST YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS]
by Jam-Master Jay » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:23 pm

The first episode of The Promised Neverland is out and boy was it good, if it maintains the quality and faithfully adapts this arc it'll be on many a anime-of-the-season list.

Image
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Okarin tutturu~! The Japanese Anime & Manga Thread II [POST YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS]
by Lagamorph » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:50 pm

Aw damnit.
The two days that the Dragonball Super film is playing in cinemas in the UK are days I'm on shift at work so can't go.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Denster, Parksey, Peter Crisp and 46 guests