Okarin tutturu~! The Japanese Anime & Manga Thread II [POST YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS]

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009
Contact:

PostRe: Okarin tutturu~! The Japanese Anime & Manga Thread II [POST YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS]
by Pedz » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:52 am

Man, I like reading manga, but I fuckimg hate reading it at pace. I don't read a lot of it, but One Punch Man is taking forever. I'm tempted to wait for it to finish and read it in one go.

I want to know more about gooseberry fool like Blast and gooseberry fool.

Image
User avatar
VlaSoul
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Okarin tutturu~! The Japanese Anime & Manga Thread II [POST YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS]
by VlaSoul » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:11 am

Pedz wrote:Man, I like reading manga, but I fuckimg hate reading it at pace. I don't read a lot of it, but One Punch Man is taking forever. I'm tempted to wait for it to finish and read it in one go.

I want to know more about gooseberry fool like Blast and gooseberry fool.

I stopped reading the webcomic after ONE just straight up stopped updating it. Lost interest in the manga adaptation not long after.
Any idea if its started up again?

Image
was Vtheyoshi on (S)ONM
sig made by the venerable Krik
User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: Okarin tutturu~! The Japanese Anime & Manga Thread II [POST YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS]
by ITSMILNER » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:56 am

Saint of Killers wrote:
ITSMILNER wrote:Cheers guys, I have been looking at some of the classic series and One Piece is one I would like to try. I wanted to read Hunter x Hunter but the chapters don’t appear to be on the app to read sadly.

Death Note I have never read either so will give that a go, I’ll read a few chapters of your other suggestions and see what takes my fancy.


I've subbed to the service for a while now and HxH has never been on it :cry:


Is their a reason why? Is it to do with rights or anything or they just haven’t bothered adding it on?

Long Live Switch Squad!
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Okarin tutturu~! The Japanese Anime & Manga Thread II [POST YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS]
by Saint of Killers » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:57 am

ITSMILNER wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:
ITSMILNER wrote:Cheers guys, I have been looking at some of the classic series and One Piece is one I would like to try. I wanted to read Hunter x Hunter but the chapters don’t appear to be on the app to read sadly.

Death Note I have never read either so will give that a go, I’ll read a few chapters of your other suggestions and see what takes my fancy.


I've subbed to the service for a while now and HxH has never been on it :cry:


Is their a reason why? Is it to do with rights or anything or they just haven’t bothered adding it on?


Absolutely no idea.

They're over there, by their theremin.
User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: Okarin tutturu~! The Japanese Anime & Manga Thread II [POST YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS]
by ITSMILNER » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:12 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:
ITSMILNER wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:
ITSMILNER wrote:Cheers guys, I have been looking at some of the classic series and One Piece is one I would like to try. I wanted to read Hunter x Hunter but the chapters don’t appear to be on the app to read sadly.

Death Note I have never read either so will give that a go, I’ll read a few chapters of your other suggestions and see what takes my fancy.


I've subbed to the service for a while now and HxH has never been on it :cry:


Is their a reason why? Is it to do with rights or anything or they just haven’t bothered adding it on?


Absolutely no idea.


Strange, hopefully one day they will add the series if they see the demand for it.

I notice they don’t have stuff like Shaman King or Yu Yu Hakusho so does seem to be gaps in the collections they have

Long Live Switch Squad!
User avatar
Chocolate-Milk
Member
Joined in 2015
AKA: Guy Brush of Lincolnshire

PostRe: Okarin tutturu~! The Japanese Anime & Manga Thread II [POST YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS]
by Chocolate-Milk » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:18 pm

If Yu Yu Hakusho isn't on there either, it could be something to do with the Togashi not allowing it.

If he even has that kind of sway, I dunno if Shueisha would own the rights or whatever.

Image
It was me, Dio!
User avatar
Jam-Master Jay
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Lord Hypnos
Location: Stourbridge
Contact:

PostRe: Okarin tutturu~! The Japanese Anime & Manga Thread II [POST YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS]
by Jam-Master Jay » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:13 pm

Hunter X Hunter was available to read weekly on MangaPlus and the first/last 3 chapters are there now, but as there is no premium option atm I don't know if it will be available if or when that launches.

VlaSoul wrote:
Pedz wrote:Man, I like reading manga, but I fuckimg hate reading it at pace. I don't read a lot of it, but One Punch Man is taking forever. I'm tempted to wait for it to finish and read it in one go.

I want to know more about gooseberry fool like Blast and gooseberry fool.

I stopped reading the webcomic after ONE just straight up stopped updating it. Lost interest in the manga adaptation not long after.
Any idea if its started up again?


The webcomic started back up again a while after Mob Psycho 100 and the Reigen spinoff ended. Not been many chapters though and still quite infrequent.

I did the same as you but yet to bother getting back into it, the padding in the Murata version has really burned me out.

Image
User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Okarin tutturu~! The Japanese Anime & Manga Thread II [POST YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS]
by Qikz » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:10 pm

Holy gooseberry fool the latest beastars episode was insane.

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
User avatar
Chocolate-Milk
Member
Joined in 2015
AKA: Guy Brush of Lincolnshire

PostRe: Okarin tutturu~! The Japanese Anime & Manga Thread II [POST YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS]
by Chocolate-Milk » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:25 pm

I dunno if any of you folks watched Love Live at all, but ProZD recently released a video ranking all the main characters.

I've never seen it so I've got no skin in the game, but my missus is about as angry as I've ever seen her, and it's hilarious. :lol:

Image
It was me, Dio!
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Okarin tutturu~! The Japanese Anime & Manga Thread II [POST YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS]
by Saint of Killers » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:32 pm

Chopper peeking the wrong way at Nami must be the stupidest thing in the whole of One Piece :lol: I love it.

They're over there, by their theremin.
User avatar
Jam-Master Jay
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Lord Hypnos
Location: Stourbridge
Contact:

PostRe: Okarin tutturu~! The Japanese Anime & Manga Thread II [POST YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS]
by Jam-Master Jay » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:39 pm

I absolutely adored this weeks chapter of Witch Watch. Such a goofy feel good chapter and if this is what the series is going to be like going forward I'm all in. :oops:

Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Okarin tutturu~! The Japanese Anime & Manga Thread II [POST YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS]
by Saint of Killers » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:02 pm

There's a new JoJo on Netflix. It's called Thus Spoke Kishbe Rohan. I've still not finished Diamond Is Unbreakable, so I won't be starting on it just yet.

They're over there, by their theremin.
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Okarin tutturu~! The Japanese Anime & Manga Thread II [POST YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS]
by Saint of Killers » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:59 pm

Funimation will be giving away 90-day trials toward the end of March. (March 25th, I think.)

They're over there, by their theremin.

Return to “Stuff”