Okarin tutturu~! The Japanese Anime & Manga Thread II [POST YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS]

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Grumpy David
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Cubeamania

PostRe: Okarin tutturu~! The Japanese Anime & Manga Thread II [POST YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS]
by Grumpy David » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:33 pm

One Punch Man season 2 and Mob Psycho season 2. :datass: :datass:

User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Okarin tutturu~! The Japanese Anime & Manga Thread II [POST YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS]
by Pedz » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:57 pm

Decided to start reading One Punch Man and am nearing where it is in the Anime. I kinda don't want to overtake it as I may enjoy watching it less. I've done it with manga and comics before and stopped watching as either they don't follow the stuff properly or just don't do it justice. I am at a loss as to what to do here. Halp!

ImageImage
User avatar
Grumpy David
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Cubeamania

PostRe: Okarin tutturu~! The Japanese Anime & Manga Thread II [POST YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS]
by Grumpy David » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:44 am

Reading manga always takes away from the excitement of the anime but I've read the webcomic which is way further than the manga and still enjoy the hell outta OPM anime and OPM manga.

It's when the pacing is absurdly slow like One Piece anime that I give up and become manga only.

User avatar
VlaSoul
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Okarin tutturu~! The Japanese Anime & Manga Thread II [POST YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS]
by VlaSoul » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:54 am

Pedz wrote:Decided to start reading One Punch Man and am nearing where it is in the Anime. I kinda don't want to overtake it as I may enjoy watching it less. I've done it with manga and comics before and stopped watching as either they don't follow the stuff properly or just don't do it justice. I am at a loss as to what to do here. Halp!

the manga's better than season 2 imo

Image
was Vtheyoshi on (S)ONM
sig made by the venerable Krik
User avatar
Rightey
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Okarin tutturu~! The Japanese Anime & Manga Thread II [POST YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS]
by Rightey » Sat May 04, 2019 7:37 pm

Image

Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.

Image
User avatar
Wedgie
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Okarin tutturu~! The Japanese Anime & Manga Thread II [POST YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS]
by Wedgie » Sat May 04, 2019 7:48 pm

Image

Image

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.


Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: Okarin tutturu~! The Japanese Anime & Manga Thread II [POST YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS]
by Ironhide » Mon May 06, 2019 4:27 pm

Started watching Baki on Netflix yesterday and I'm not too sure I'll be bothering to return to it, I quite like the premise but there's just something about the art style and the ultra violence that makes me uncomfortable watching it and I don't know why as violence doesn't normally bother me.

Some of the characters are just pure evil and the fact they are practically aroused by the acts they're committing is just too much, reminds me of Ichi the Killer (never seen it but know of it) in that respect.

Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Okarin tutturu~! The Japanese Anime & Manga Thread II [POST YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS]
by Saint of Killers » Mon May 06, 2019 6:20 pm

Ironhide wrote:Started watching Baki on Netflix yesterday and I'm not too sure I'll be bothering to return to it, I quite like the premise but there's just something about the art style and the ultra violence that makes me uncomfortable watching it and I don't know why as violence doesn't normally bother me.

Some of the characters are just pure evil and the fact they are practically aroused by the acts they're committing is just too much, reminds me of Ichi the Killer (never seen it but know of it) in that respect.


The ultra violence, total lack sympathetic, relatable characters and the competent but repulsive artstyle also put me off it.

Something worth watching for the wrong reasons on Netflix: Ninja Hattori :slol:

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: Okarin tutturu~! The Japanese Anime & Manga Thread II [POST YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS]
by Ironhide » Mon May 06, 2019 6:48 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:
Ironhide wrote:Started watching Baki on Netflix yesterday and I'm not too sure I'll be bothering to return to it, I quite like the premise but there's just something about the art style and the ultra violence that makes me uncomfortable watching it and I don't know why as violence doesn't normally bother me.

Some of the characters are just pure evil and the fact they are practically aroused by the acts they're committing is just too much, reminds me of Ichi the Killer (never seen it but know of it) in that respect.


The ultra violence, total lack sympathetic, relatable characters and the competent but repulsive artstyle also put me off it.

Something worth watching for the wrong reasons on Netflix: Ninja Hattori :slol:


So not just me that finds the art style repulsive then.

Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Okarin tutturu~! The Japanese Anime & Manga Thread II [POST YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS]
by Saint of Killers » Mon May 06, 2019 6:53 pm

I wish I had the vocab to describe why, but the art would be as gross to me even without the violence. There's just something about it that makes me feel uneasy viewing it.

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: Okarin tutturu~! The Japanese Anime & Manga Thread II [POST YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS]
by Ironhide » Mon May 06, 2019 7:06 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:I wish I had the vocab to describe why, but the art would be as gross to me even without the violence. There's just something about it that makes me feel uneasy viewing it.


I once (out of morbid curiosity) saw a bit of Bible Black without fully knowing what it was and aside from the horrible body shock porn content (if you've never seen it, don't) the art style is kind of like this which is probably what's making me uncomfortable watching this.

Brrrrrrr :dread:

Image
User avatar
Karl_
Nyaaaaaaa~!
Nyaaaaaaa~!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Okarin tutturu~! The Japanese Anime & Manga Thread II [POST YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS]
by Karl_ » Thu May 09, 2019 11:12 am

Image

User avatar
Rightey
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Okarin tutturu~! The Japanese Anime & Manga Thread II [POST YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS]
by Rightey » Sat May 11, 2019 9:51 pm

Image

:dread: :dread: :dread:

The pain and suffering these people go through to bring us our waifu's.

Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.

Image
User avatar
Grumpy David
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Cubeamania

PostRe: Okarin tutturu~! The Japanese Anime & Manga Thread II [POST YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS]
by Grumpy David » Sun May 12, 2019 4:10 pm

Rightey wrote:Image

:dread: :dread: :dread:

The pain and suffering these people go through to bring us our waifu's.



How dafuq? The sleeping pattern would be so awful. How does Oda manage 40+ chapters a year of One Piece?!

Berserk and Hiatus X Hiatus staff by contrast do strawberry float all.

User avatar
Jam-Master Jay
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Lord Hypnos
Location: Stourbridge
Contact:

PostRe: Okarin tutturu~! The Japanese Anime & Manga Thread II [POST YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS]
by Jam-Master Jay » Sun May 12, 2019 4:22 pm

Shueisha treat Oda well as he prints them money, it's why he gets to take so many breaks that the other authors don't. IIRC, Naruto creator Kishimoto went 10 years without a honeymoon and he didn't spend as much time with his son because of the schedule.

There's a publishing history from the 80's and 90's which shows that Araki never missed a single issue of JoJo for a good few years in a row, and then you have BOICHI and Murata who just seem to constantly produce manga without any dips in quality. Crazy work culture for sure.

Image
User avatar
Rightey
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Okarin tutturu~! The Japanese Anime & Manga Thread II [POST YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS]
by Rightey » Sun May 12, 2019 4:54 pm

I remember once reading something about how the guy who writes Fairytale is apparently pretty fast, and so he was able to get a few chapters ahead of schedule so he could actually have some time off to play some game he was looking forward to. Apparently, his editor found out and just released two chapters at once without telling him :lol:

Are authors here treated as badly by their editors? I can't really see something like this happening to JK Rowling.

Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.

Image
User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: Okarin tutturu~! The Japanese Anime & Manga Thread II [POST YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS]
by Ironhide » Sun May 12, 2019 5:31 pm

Rightey wrote:I remember once reading something about how the guy who writes Fairytale is apparently pretty fast, and so he was able to get a few chapters ahead of schedule so he could actually have some time off to play some game he was looking forward to. Apparently, his editor found out and just released two chapters at once without telling him :lol:

Are authors here treated as badly by their editors? I can't really see something like this happening to JK Rowling.


It certainly doesn't happen with George R R Martin.

Image
User avatar
Met
Member
Joined in 2015

PostRe: Okarin tutturu~! The Japanese Anime & Manga Thread II [POST YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS]
by Met » Mon May 13, 2019 12:48 am

The closest you could really compare to are comics, and back when I followed them most of the series were monthly as opposed to weekly or fornightly. The absolute closest was the likes of webcomics like Dr McNinja which released one coloured page every couple of days, which still probably isn't to the level of this.

User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Okarin tutturu~! The Japanese Anime & Manga Thread II [POST YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS]
by Pedz » Mon May 13, 2019 1:41 am

Just had something pop up about a new manga called Samurai eight, by the Naruto guy. I think

ImageImage
User avatar
Chocolate-Milk
Member
Joined in 2015

PostRe: Okarin tutturu~! The Japanese Anime & Manga Thread II [POST YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS]
by Chocolate-Milk » Mon May 13, 2019 11:12 am

Pedz wrote:Just had something pop up about a new manga called Samurai eight, by the Naruto guy. I think

Seems to be written by Kishimoto, with art by his former assistant. Seems to be a trend with the big dogs these days.

That said, if that chart above is anything to go by, it's no wonder they'd pack in drawing the art.

Image

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dowbocop, Errkal, Google [Bot], more heat than light, PuppetBoy, satriales, Vermilion, Zellery and 66 guests