The LEGO Thread

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
BOR
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The LEGO Thread
by BOR » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:08 pm



Do want! :datass:

It'll be mine, definitely.

"The job is done, and the bitch is dead."
User avatar
Green Gecko
Treasurer
Joined in 2008
Location: Sussex
Contact:

PostRe: The LEGO Thread
by Green Gecko » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:35 am

I built most of my 1995 space shuttle launch pad set. Only most of the fuel vessel is missing. I'll post pics at some point.

♥ gaems | t: @GRcade | FB: GRcadeUK | YT: GRcadeVideo | Twitch: GRcadeUK
Image
User avatar
Rax
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Raxicori

PostRe: The LEGO Thread
by Rax » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:18 am

BORbles wrote:

Do want! :datass:

It'll be mine, definitely.

I love the idea of Lego stadiums and this one does look absolutely superb. But I have zero interest in soccer and even less interest in Manchester United so it will be a pass from me. Hopefully this is the first in a range of stadia they make though.

BOR
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The LEGO Thread
by BOR » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:01 pm

Rax wrote:
BORbles wrote:

Do want! :datass:

It'll be mine, definitely.

I love the idea of Lego stadiums and this one does look absolutely superb. But I have zero interest in soccer and even less interest in Manchester United so it will be a pass from me. Hopefully this is the first in a range of stadia they make though.

How about the Gillette Stadium? Would you buy it?

"The job is done, and the bitch is dead."
User avatar
Rax
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Raxicori

PostRe: The LEGO Thread
by Rax » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:02 pm

BORbles wrote:
Rax wrote:
BORbles wrote:

Do want! :datass:

It'll be mine, definitely.

I love the idea of Lego stadiums and this one does look absolutely superb. But I have zero interest in soccer and even less interest in Manchester United so it will be a pass from me. Hopefully this is the first in a range of stadia they make though.

How about the Gillette Stadium? Would you buy it?

Oh hell yeah. Theres a whole bunch of NFL stadiums Id love to see get Lego sets.

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the buttermilk nebula

PostRe: The LEGO Thread
by Jenuall » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:03 pm

Well it is the best a (Lego) man can get. ;)

Image
User avatar
abcd
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
AKA: abcd

PostRe: The LEGO Thread
by abcd » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:05 pm

The Rome Colosseum would be good.

and in other news, did anyone else see the news that the ISS model will be available?

https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-ideas- ... -revealed/

Image
BOR
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The LEGO Thread
by BOR » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:44 pm

Rax wrote:
BORbles wrote:
Rax wrote:
BORbles wrote:

Do want! :datass:

It'll be mine, definitely.

I love the idea of Lego stadiums and this one does look absolutely superb. But I have zero interest in soccer and even less interest in Manchester United so it will be a pass from me. Hopefully this is the first in a range of stadia they make though.

How about the Gillette Stadium? Would you buy it?

Oh hell yeah. Theres a whole bunch of NFL stadiums Id love to see get Lego sets.
I thought so. Yeah I agreed if there would
be some well known stadiums on the Lego sets.

abcd - that's pretty cool. But how can it set up on the display? It would be better if it's hanging up in the air like a proper one in the space.

"The job is done, and the bitch is dead."
User avatar
Rax
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Raxicori

PostRe: The LEGO Thread
by Rax » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:24 am

BOR wrote:
Rax wrote:
BORbles wrote:
Rax wrote:
BORbles wrote:

Do want! :datass:

It'll be mine, definitely.

I love the idea of Lego stadiums and this one does look absolutely superb. But I have zero interest in soccer and even less interest in Manchester United so it will be a pass from me. Hopefully this is the first in a range of stadia they make though.

How about the Gillette Stadium? Would you buy it?

Oh hell yeah. Theres a whole bunch of NFL stadiums Id love to see get Lego sets.
I thought so. Yeah I agreed if there would
be some well known stadiums on the Lego sets.


Like I said Id love to see them expand it out, even something like Wembley would be more interesting to me than Old Trafford. Obviouslly Id love to see them do stuff like Gillette Stadium, Croke Park or Thomond but theyre unlikely to get the nod. Somewhere like The Principality Stadium with a retractable roof would be very cool but youd need somewhere that has huge mass appeal so its likely to be soccer stadiums only I would guess. Though now I think of it the Olympic stadiums would be a good shout, even if the Tokyo stadium is a little uninspired.

User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The LEGO Thread
by Rex Kramer » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:45 am

BOR wrote:

Do want! :datass:

It'll be mine, definitely.

They should make Pride Park (or whatever it's called now) as with a simple change of colour it could be about a dozen other stadiums.

User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: The LEGO Thread
by Lagamorph » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:29 pm

abcd wrote:The Rome Colosseum would be good.

and in other news, did anyone else see the news that the ISS model will be available?

https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-ideas- ... -revealed/

Oh gooseberry fool, will have to get that.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Dowbocop
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The LEGO Thread
by Dowbocop » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:47 pm

Rex Kramer wrote:
BOR wrote:

Do want! :datass:

It'll be mine, definitely.

They should make Pride Park (or whatever it's called now) as with a simple change of colour it could be about a dozen other stadiums.

That looks like a really cool build. You've essentially got four distinct buildings with different styles joined at the corners, so there'll be a lot of variety. Ditto stadia like Anfield, Goodison and St James' Park would be fun to build. Basically anything Archibald Leitch had a hand in designing. As much as I'd love Arsenal Lego I think the Emirates would be a pretty boring build as it's pretty much uniform all the way around, ditto the Toilet Bowl up the road and probably the Olympic Stadium. Arsenal Stadium though, with all the Art Deco styling and a little bust of Herbert Chapman if you open the East Stand doors - I'd trade my self-respect for a Lego version of that :datass:

User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The LEGO Thread
by Rex Kramer » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:10 pm



Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: <]:^D, aayl1, addsy0, Albear, Balladeer, Chocolate-Milk, Edd, floydfreak, Garth, Godzilla, Joer, Lex-Man, MSN [Bot], Oblomov Boblomov, Rawrgna, Return_of_the_STAR, snm123, Squinty, Trelliz, Zilnad and 65 guests