The Literature Thread

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Errkal
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: The Literature Thread
by Errkal » Fri May 22, 2020 8:31 am

poshrule_uk wrote:Can anyone recommend a decent app to track authors so you get notified when they release new books.

I use good reads but find it's not really suitable for that it it's OK for what I have read/want to read


I think Goodreads does that, it also hooks into Kindle so it knows what you read and can give recommendations.

User avatar
Memento Mori
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: The Literature Thread
by Memento Mori » Fri May 22, 2020 9:23 am

Lex-Man wrote:
Memento Mori wrote:
Cuttooth wrote:
Lex-Man wrote:
Memento Mori wrote:Book 7 of The Wheel of Time was the slowest so far and all the major plot developments seemed to occur in the last 100 pages but I still enjoyed it.


It's book 8 onwards that are meant to be the best books in the series.


Is this like when an RPG only starts to get good 70 hours in?

I'm sure I've heard that books 8-10 are the worst of the series. It's been good up til now.


I have book 1 but haven't read it yet.


Book 1 is good but the first 200 pages or so are heavily inspired by Lord of the Rings. It does deviate dramatically though.

User avatar
poshrule_uk
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Literature Thread
by poshrule_uk » Fri May 22, 2020 6:20 pm

Errkal wrote:
poshrule_uk wrote:Can anyone recommend a decent app to track authors so you get notified when they release new books.

I use good reads but find it's not really suitable for that it it's OK for what I have read/want to read


I think Goodreads does that, it also hooks into Kindle so it knows what you read and can give recommendations.


I have also seen amazon let's you follow authors but they don't seem to have a page on your account where all that information is stored but I do get emails when new books are released

User avatar
Errkal
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: The Literature Thread
by Errkal » Fri May 22, 2020 6:27 pm

poshrule_uk wrote:
Errkal wrote:
poshrule_uk wrote:Can anyone recommend a decent app to track authors so you get notified when they release new books.

I use good reads but find it's not really suitable for that it it's OK for what I have read/want to read


I think Goodreads does that, it also hooks into Kindle so it knows what you read and can give recommendations.


I have also seen amazon let's you follow authors but they don't seem to have a page on your account where all that information is stored but I do get emails when new books are released


https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/profile/fol ... _recs_v2_C

User avatar
poshrule_uk
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Literature Thread
by poshrule_uk » Fri May 22, 2020 6:49 pm

Errkal wrote:
poshrule_uk wrote:
Errkal wrote:
poshrule_uk wrote:Can anyone recommend a decent app to track authors so you get notified when they release new books.

I use good reads but find it's not really suitable for that it it's OK for what I have read/want to read


I think Goodreads does that, it also hooks into Kindle so it knows what you read and can give recommendations.


I have also seen amazon let's you follow authors but they don't seem to have a page on your account where all that information is stored but I do get emails when new books are released


https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/profile/fol ... _recs_v2_C


You genius!!!
I feel stupid now and I spent ages looking

User avatar
Errkal
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: The Literature Thread
by Errkal » Fri May 22, 2020 7:23 pm

poshrule_uk wrote:
Errkal wrote:
poshrule_uk wrote:
Errkal wrote:
poshrule_uk wrote:Can anyone recommend a decent app to track authors so you get notified when they release new books.

I use good reads but find it's not really suitable for that it it's OK for what I have read/want to read


I think Goodreads does that, it also hooks into Kindle so it knows what you read and can give recommendations.


I have also seen amazon let's you follow authors but they don't seem to have a page on your account where all that information is stored but I do get emails when new books are released


https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/profile/fol ... _recs_v2_C


You genius!!!
I feel stupid now and I spent ages looking


No worries, I have a nack for finding things others can’t.


Return to “Stuff”