Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Fridays on Disney+. Finale out now with a post-credits scene.

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Fridays on Disney+.
by Return_of_the_STAR » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:59 pm

Alvin Flummux wrote:
Frank wrote:
Alvin Flummux wrote:By the sounds of the announcement, Rogue Squadron might be the first Star Wars film to pierce the post-TRoS veil and move the franchise into a new era, and Acolyte is doing the same in the High Republic.


I hadn't realised Rogue Squadron was post-Rise of Skywalker! (hadn't even noticed the X-Wing design on the logo wasn't the OT T-65 EDIT: Actually, it might just be the placement of the silhouette lol ignore me). Wonder where they'll go with it in that case. The First Order Remnant? :slol:


I'm not saying it will be, but the announcement makes it sound like it could be post-TRoS. First Order Remnant and the Stormtrooper Rebellion are two avenues I would love to see explored.


I just assumed for some reason it was set in the original film era 4-6 for some reason. What was said that makes you think it's after Rise of Skywalker? I hope it is as it gives hope that they can start establishing something.

User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Fridays on Disney+. Finale out now with a post-credits scene.
by Qikz » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:00 pm

I badly want to see Rogue Squadron just after RotJ so we can get more Admiral Ackbar. Rogue Squadron are essentially the best pilots in the Rebellion, it'd be cool to have them be the strike team clearing up remaining Star Destroyers and Imperial base hold outs in the galaxy who are refusing to surrender.

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
User avatar
Zilnad
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Fridays on Disney+. Finale out now with a post-credits scene.
by Zilnad » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:49 pm

Qikzmas wrote:I badly want to see Rogue Squadron just after RotJ so we can get more Admiral Ackbar. Rogue Squadron are essentially the best pilots in the Rebellion, it'd be cool to have them be the strike team clearing up remaining Star Destroyers and Imperial base hold outs in the galaxy who are refusing to surrender.


That would be perfect.

User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: Robbo-92
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Fridays on Disney+. Finale out now with a post-credits scene.
by Robbo-92 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:52 pm

I was hoping Rouge Squadron would be set within the original trilogy, seeing various other strike teams taking out various targets. Whatever we get, I’ll be looking forward to seeing it.

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Somebody Else's Presents
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Fridays on Disney+. Finale out now with a post-credits scene.
by Somebody Else's Presents » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:56 pm

All this talk just makes me want another Rogue Squadron game.

Image
User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Fridays on Disney+.
by Alvin Flummux » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:59 pm

Return_of_the_STAR wrote:
Alvin Flummux wrote:
Frank wrote:
Alvin Flummux wrote:By the sounds of the announcement, Rogue Squadron might be the first Star Wars film to pierce the post-TRoS veil and move the franchise into a new era, and Acolyte is doing the same in the High Republic.


I hadn't realised Rogue Squadron was post-Rise of Skywalker! (hadn't even noticed the X-Wing design on the logo wasn't the OT T-65 EDIT: Actually, it might just be the placement of the silhouette lol ignore me). Wonder where they'll go with it in that case. The First Order Remnant? :slol:


I'm not saying it will be, but the announcement makes it sound like it could be post-TRoS. First Order Remnant and the Stormtrooper Rebellion are two avenues I would love to see explored.


I just assumed for some reason it was set in the original film era 4-6 for some reason. What was said that makes you think it's after Rise of Skywalker? I hope it is as it gives hope that they can start establishing something.


Considering that every piece of Rogue Squadron lore from the now-Legends books and games takes place in the OT era, it is entirely within reason to assume that the film will retain that setting. And, hey, it might! However...

StarWars.com wrote:The story will introduce a new generation of starfighter pilots as they earn their wings and risk their lives in a boundary-pushing, high-speed thrill-ride, and move the saga into the future era of the galaxy.


https://www.starwars.com/news/future-lu ... s-revealed

I don't know about you but that sounds like a post-TRoS setting to me. I could be wrong, it could well be a post-RotJ setting now that I consider the wording, but I know a lot of people writing articles on the announcement have also made the post-TRoS connection. I suppose it all hangs on what they mean by "future era."

User avatar
LewisD
#grcadesangle
Joined in 2008
AKA: L3wisD
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Contact:

PostRe: Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Fridays on Disney+. Finale out now with a post-credits scene.
by LewisD » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:15 pm



:lol:

|----------|
LewisD
|----------|
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: Robbo-92
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Fridays on Disney+. Finale out now with a post-credits scene.
by Robbo-92 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:13 pm

Somebody Else's Presents wrote:All this talk just makes me want another Rogue Squadron game.


It’s really annoying we’ve not got another one yet :( or even just a full remaster of the original trio of games.

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Fridays on Disney+. Finale out now with a post-credits scene.
by Qikz » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:21 pm

Rob Ho-ho 92 wrote:
Somebody Else's Presents wrote:All this talk just makes me want another Rogue Squadron game.


It’s really annoying we’ve not got another one yet :( or even just a full remaster of the original trio of games.


Star Wars Squadrons is really good, it's not the same but it's still really really good.

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: Robbo-92
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Fridays on Disney+. Finale out now with a post-credits scene.
by Robbo-92 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:07 pm

Qikzmas wrote:
Rob Ho-ho 92 wrote:
Somebody Else's Presents wrote:All this talk just makes me want another Rogue Squadron game.


It’s really annoying we’ve not got another one yet :( or even just a full remaster of the original trio of games.


Star Wars Squadrons is really good, it's not the same but it's still really really good.


I’ll try Squadrons at some point, got enough to play at the moment without buying anything else! How long is the single player side of it?

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Fridays on Disney+. Finale out now with a post-credits scene.
by Alvin Flummux » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:35 pm

Rob Ho-ho 92 wrote:
Qikzmas wrote:
Rob Ho-ho 92 wrote:
Somebody Else's Presents wrote:All this talk just makes me want another Rogue Squadron game.


It’s really annoying we’ve not got another one yet :( or even just a full remaster of the original trio of games.


Star Wars Squadrons is really good, it's not the same but it's still really really good.


I’ll try Squadrons at some point, got enough to play at the moment without buying anything else! How long is the single player side of it?


The singleplayer has like 14 missions I think, which a skilled played could knock out in an afternoon. The story is alright, I liked it better than Battlefront 2's. It took me a while to get through because I was having a time getting used to the VR at the time.

User avatar
Captain Kinopio
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Herbi
Location: The Observatory

PostRe: Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Fridays on Disney+. Finale out now with a post-credits scene.
by Captain Kinopio » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:03 pm

strawberry floating Star Wars fans creaming them all over at that I see :lol: Bit strawberry floating fan servicey like.

Think it was a really good series but I didn’t find ep 8 to be the second coming that everyone else does it seems. Think it peaked with 6 and 7, the former in particular I thought was absolutely cracking tv.

As for the reveal in the final episode. Spoiled for me by the man himself no less on twitter, who was warning people from spoiling it, like a strawberry floating melon :lol: CGI I thought was very wonky and definitely one of the worst of those types. Story wise it was all quite intriguing and while yes I think it’s better than any of the films, particularly the shower of shite that has been the latest trilogy, but that’s not a particularly hard bar to clear.

Kudos to everyone involved with it.

User avatar
Dowbocop
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Fridays on Disney+. Finale out now with a post-credits scene.
by Dowbocop » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:18 pm

Rob Ho-ho 92 wrote:I was hoping Rouge Squadron would be set within the original trilogy, seeing various other strike teams taking out various targets. Whatever we get, I’ll be looking forward to seeing it.

I'd love to see it set between Empire and Jedi. It could start with the escape from Hoth and then go off in a completely different direction to ESB.

User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Fridays on Disney+. Finale out now with a post-credits scene.
by Qikz » Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:37 am

I would love for Ackbar to be in it, but if they HAVE to set it after that god awful sequel trilogy then hopefully they have Wedge back training the new pilots or something.

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Fridays on Disney+. Finale out now with a post-credits scene.
by Alvin Flummux » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:33 am

I don't think more deep fake characters is going to help.

User avatar
Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Fridays on Disney+. Finale out now with a post-credits scene.
by Cuttooth » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:14 am

I want something totally left field, say set between Episodes I and II. Just to do something different to the exact same period we've seen time and time before.

Doesn't even have to be good.

User avatar
Somebody Else's Presents
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Fridays on Disney+. Finale out now with a post-credits scene.
by Somebody Else's Presents » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:33 am

Captain Kinopio wrote:Bit strawberry floating fan servicey like.


Why do people keep saying this like it's a bad thing?

Image
User avatar
Captain Kinopio
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Herbi
Location: The Observatory

PostRe: Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Fridays on Disney+. Finale out now with a post-credits scene.
by Captain Kinopio » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:05 am

Its not always, but Star Wars’ slavish adoration for the original trilogy and inability to move past them in any meaningful way is part of why it’s all so meh.

The best thing about The Mandalorian has been its lack of ties to the films which are, lets face it, mostly gooseberry fool.

User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Fridays on Disney+. Finale out now with a post-credits scene.
by Qikz » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:27 am

Alvin Flummux wrote:I don't think more deep fake characters is going to help.


If it's set after the sequels he can show himself as normal right? He appeared in Squadrons as himself - the actor is still alive right?

Captain Kinopio wrote:Its not always, but Star Wars’ slavish adoration for the original trilogy and inability to move past them in any meaningful way is part of why it’s all so meh.

The best thing about The Mandalorian has been its lack of ties to the films which are, lets face it, mostly gooseberry fool.


The original trilogy are the only good Star Wars movies (+ Rogue One) - all the other ones are garbage.

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Fridays on Disney+. Finale out now with a post-credits scene.
by Alvin Flummux » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:50 am

Qikzmas wrote:
Alvin Flummux wrote:I don't think more deep fake characters is going to help.


If it's set after the sequels he can show himself as normal right? He appeared in Squadrons as himself - the actor is still alive right?


I thought Dennis Lawson had died, but apparently he's still around!


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Albear, Benzin, Cuttooth, darksideby182, Frank, Grumpy David, Lex-Man, massimo, Qikz, Rawrgna, teh bork, Tineash, Xeno and 204 guests