The moan about your neighbours thread - Stool Bloke returns...

Fed up talking videogames? Why?

Frame your neighbours for murder to get rid of them

Poll ended at Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:07 pm

Yes,they can rot in prison for disturbing my peace.
20
80%
No,invite them round for tea and monopoly.
5
20%
 
Total votes: 25
User avatar
No:1 Final Fantasy Fan
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread - Stool Bloke returns...
by No:1 Final Fantasy Fan » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:14 pm

Prototype wrote:
Oblomov Boblomov wrote:
Prototype wrote:
Oblomov Boblomov wrote:Finally had chance to pop round to meet the new neighbours and they seem lovely :wub:. So much better than the previous gammons.

I got in a complaint about their tumble dryer being loud, so now I'm the dickhead neighbour 8-) and they've moved it to the opposite side of the house, so everyone's a winner!


You complained to them at the same time as introducing yourself to them? :slol:

Yep, can't describe quite how ridiculous the noise was. It went on for several hours, three days in a row and would make both of us feel physically unwell. It was that bad!

Didn't want to be the sort of flannel who doesn't mention it in the first instance then has to find some other excuse to go round again for another visit just to bring it up then instead.


Fair enough for getting it resolved.

I had a similar issue with my downstairs neighbour and their dryer. 3 hours a day. Could hear it throughout our whole flat. I knew they couldn't stop using it as they had kids but I put a note through their door and the guy came to my door drumstick-style saying there was strawberry float all he could do about it. No danger I could take it up with environmental health as they never used it past 10pm etc so I just considered moving out as any further escalation wouldve been akin to getting out the car when someone toots at you.

They eventually bought a new one which I can barely hear and he says hi when I see him in the stair so I guess it worked out alright in the end.

Flat living though :dread:

What a complete tool...for him to just come and tell you he can't do anything about it...that is pathetic. Like I said people buy poor quality household appliances and for some items like washers and dryers it can have a big impact on others. For example my vacuum cleaner is quiet as a whistle but very powerful. My cousin was visiting and couldn't help but comment at how quiet it was and we could still have a conversation without shouting. Not that I am bothered by the sound of vacuum cleaners but its just an example.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread - Stool Bloke returns...
by Moggy » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:50 pm

No:1 Final Fantasy Fan wrote:
Drumstick wrote:
No:1 Final Fantasy Fan wrote:
Oblomov Boblomov wrote:Finally had chance to pop round to meet the new neighbours and they seem lovely :wub:. So much better than the previous gammons.

I got in a complaint about their tumble dryer being loud, so now I'm the dickhead neighbour 8-) and they've moved it to the opposite side of the house, so everyone's a winner!

Good on your for putting a complaint it. If they had invested in a proper decent quality dryer then it shouldn't be so noisy, which they should considering they are not living in a detached property.
I was working from home last week and my neighbour above was making a massive racket with things constantly dropping on the floor and noisy sliding wardrobe doors. I went up and complained about all the noise. She said she would look to change the wardrobe in the future but not right now. In the meantime she will open it very slowly. I also suggested she use a rug over her vinyl floor because it was too loud and to stop dropping things on the floor basically because the noise just pierces through my brain I said.

Ok so its a lot better now but I am now noticing she has a lot of wooden jarring furniture. I shouldn't be able to hear movement of her drawers etc. Its soo annoying because the sound is so jarring and sudden. So now I have to go up and complain again but I'll give it a week or two so that it doesn't seem like i'm constantly knocking on her door.

The issue is the soundproofing between the floors, not your neighbour or her furniture.

People drop things all the time - complaining that your neighbour has dropped something is unreasonable to a lunatic degree!

I hope you are wrong. I think it's reasonable of me as I certainly minimise my flat from being noisy for the people below me. I have a rug and normal furniture that doesn't create a racket. I also don't just throw things onto the floor...knowing there's a family below me.
Ok I did word it as "dropping" in that she is doing it by accident but what I meant was placing things loudly onto the floor and not being considerate and gentle.


You're unreasonable if you are moaning about her opening a wardrobe door.

The soundproofing between your flats is the problem.

Flats suck mate, maybe save up your French haircut money and get a house?

Image
User avatar
Prototype
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread - Stool Bloke returns...
by Prototype » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:52 pm

No:1 Final Fantasy Fan wrote:
Prototype wrote:
Oblomov Boblomov wrote:
Prototype wrote:
Oblomov Boblomov wrote:Finally had chance to pop round to meet the new neighbours and they seem lovely :wub:. So much better than the previous gammons.

I got in a complaint about their tumble dryer being loud, so now I'm the dickhead neighbour 8-) and they've moved it to the opposite side of the house, so everyone's a winner!


You complained to them at the same time as introducing yourself to them? :slol:

Yep, can't describe quite how ridiculous the noise was. It went on for several hours, three days in a row and would make both of us feel physically unwell. It was that bad!

Didn't want to be the sort of flannel who doesn't mention it in the first instance then has to find some other excuse to go round again for another visit just to bring it up then instead.


Fair enough for getting it resolved.

I had a similar issue with my downstairs neighbour and their dryer. 3 hours a day. Could hear it throughout our whole flat. I knew they couldn't stop using it as they had kids but I put a note through their door and the guy came to my door drumstick-style saying there was strawberry float all he could do about it. No danger I could take it up with environmental health as they never used it past 10pm etc so I just considered moving out as any further escalation wouldve been akin to getting out the car when someone toots at you.

They eventually bought a new one which I can barely hear and he says hi when I see him in the stair so I guess it worked out alright in the end.

Flat living though :dread:

What a complete tool...for him to just come and tell you he can't do anything about it...that is pathetic. Like I said people buy poor quality household appliances and for some items like washers and dryers it can have a big impact on others. For example my vacuum cleaner is quiet as a whistle but very powerful. My cousin was visiting and couldn't help but comment at how quiet it was and we could still have a conversation without shouting. Not that I am bothered by the sound of vacuum cleaners but its just an example.


Granted on the point about him being reactionary when I made a polite request.

But on the contrary, I have no right to tell them how much to spend on their white goods. :lol:

Switch Code - 6445 2806 9595
User avatar
No:1 Final Fantasy Fan
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread - Stool Bloke returns...
by No:1 Final Fantasy Fan » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:34 pm

Moggy wrote:
No:1 Final Fantasy Fan wrote:
Drumstick wrote:
No:1 Final Fantasy Fan wrote:
Oblomov Boblomov wrote:Finally had chance to pop round to meet the new neighbours and they seem lovely :wub:. So much better than the previous gammons.

I got in a complaint about their tumble dryer being loud, so now I'm the dickhead neighbour 8-) and they've moved it to the opposite side of the house, so everyone's a winner!

Good on your for putting a complaint it. If they had invested in a proper decent quality dryer then it shouldn't be so noisy, which they should considering they are not living in a detached property.
I was working from home last week and my neighbour above was making a massive racket with things constantly dropping on the floor and noisy sliding wardrobe doors. I went up and complained about all the noise. She said she would look to change the wardrobe in the future but not right now. In the meantime she will open it very slowly. I also suggested she use a rug over her vinyl floor because it was too loud and to stop dropping things on the floor basically because the noise just pierces through my brain I said.

Ok so its a lot better now but I am now noticing she has a lot of wooden jarring furniture. I shouldn't be able to hear movement of her drawers etc. Its soo annoying because the sound is so jarring and sudden. So now I have to go up and complain again but I'll give it a week or two so that it doesn't seem like i'm constantly knocking on her door.

The issue is the soundproofing between the floors, not your neighbour or her furniture.

People drop things all the time - complaining that your neighbour has dropped something is unreasonable to a lunatic degree!

I hope you are wrong. I think it's reasonable of me as I certainly minimise my flat from being noisy for the people below me. I have a rug and normal furniture that doesn't create a racket. I also don't just throw things onto the floor...knowing there's a family below me.
Ok I did word it as "dropping" in that she is doing it by accident but what I meant was placing things loudly onto the floor and not being considerate and gentle.


You're unreasonable if you are moaning about her opening a wardrobe door.

The soundproofing between your flats is the problem.

Flats suck mate, maybe save up your French haircut money and get a house?

Its ok you don't understand Moggy because I never explained it properly, it actually isn't just a wardrobe door. Its the weirdest wardrobe I have ever seen if you can even call it a wardrobe and it is built into the room with no proper rollers. It just rubs and grates along the floor when she slides the very heavy door open. It would be damn right rude of her to think it is okay to cause that kind of racket to her neighbours with an installation like that and get away with it. It is no different to playing very very loud music on purpose.

Don't worry I am moving out of London as soon as I can, get rid of this nightmare of a flat and have my own detached house perhaps in the middle of a farm :wub:

User avatar
No:1 Final Fantasy Fan
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread - Stool Bloke returns...
by No:1 Final Fantasy Fan » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:40 pm

Prototype wrote:
No:1 Final Fantasy Fan wrote:
Prototype wrote:
Oblomov Boblomov wrote:
Prototype wrote:
Oblomov Boblomov wrote:Finally had chance to pop round to meet the new neighbours and they seem lovely :wub:. So much better than the previous gammons.

I got in a complaint about their tumble dryer being loud, so now I'm the dickhead neighbour 8-) and they've moved it to the opposite side of the house, so everyone's a winner!


You complained to them at the same time as introducing yourself to them? :slol:

Yep, can't describe quite how ridiculous the noise was. It went on for several hours, three days in a row and would make both of us feel physically unwell. It was that bad!

Didn't want to be the sort of flannel who doesn't mention it in the first instance then has to find some other excuse to go round again for another visit just to bring it up then instead.


Fair enough for getting it resolved.

I had a similar issue with my downstairs neighbour and their dryer. 3 hours a day. Could hear it throughout our whole flat. I knew they couldn't stop using it as they had kids but I put a note through their door and the guy came to my door drumstick-style saying there was strawberry float all he could do about it. No danger I could take it up with environmental health as they never used it past 10pm etc so I just considered moving out as any further escalation wouldve been akin to getting out the car when someone toots at you.

They eventually bought a new one which I can barely hear and he says hi when I see him in the stair so I guess it worked out alright in the end.

Flat living though :dread:

What a complete tool...for him to just come and tell you he can't do anything about it...that is pathetic. Like I said people buy poor quality household appliances and for some items like washers and dryers it can have a big impact on others. For example my vacuum cleaner is quiet as a whistle but very powerful. My cousin was visiting and couldn't help but comment at how quiet it was and we could still have a conversation without shouting. Not that I am bothered by the sound of vacuum cleaners but its just an example.


Granted on the point about him being reactionary when I made a polite request.

But on the contrary, I have no right to tell them how much to spend on their white goods. :lol:

I would have been like...so seems that there was something that could be done then afterall... :roll: ignorant strawberry fool

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread - Stool Bloke returns...
by Moggy » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:52 pm

No:1 Final Fantasy Fan wrote:
Moggy wrote:
No:1 Final Fantasy Fan wrote:
Drumstick wrote:
No:1 Final Fantasy Fan wrote:
Oblomov Boblomov wrote:Finally had chance to pop round to meet the new neighbours and they seem lovely :wub:. So much better than the previous gammons.

I got in a complaint about their tumble dryer being loud, so now I'm the dickhead neighbour 8-) and they've moved it to the opposite side of the house, so everyone's a winner!

Good on your for putting a complaint it. If they had invested in a proper decent quality dryer then it shouldn't be so noisy, which they should considering they are not living in a detached property.
I was working from home last week and my neighbour above was making a massive racket with things constantly dropping on the floor and noisy sliding wardrobe doors. I went up and complained about all the noise. She said she would look to change the wardrobe in the future but not right now. In the meantime she will open it very slowly. I also suggested she use a rug over her vinyl floor because it was too loud and to stop dropping things on the floor basically because the noise just pierces through my brain I said.

Ok so its a lot better now but I am now noticing she has a lot of wooden jarring furniture. I shouldn't be able to hear movement of her drawers etc. Its soo annoying because the sound is so jarring and sudden. So now I have to go up and complain again but I'll give it a week or two so that it doesn't seem like i'm constantly knocking on her door.

The issue is the soundproofing between the floors, not your neighbour or her furniture.

People drop things all the time - complaining that your neighbour has dropped something is unreasonable to a lunatic degree!

I hope you are wrong. I think it's reasonable of me as I certainly minimise my flat from being noisy for the people below me. I have a rug and normal furniture that doesn't create a racket. I also don't just throw things onto the floor...knowing there's a family below me.
Ok I did word it as "dropping" in that she is doing it by accident but what I meant was placing things loudly onto the floor and not being considerate and gentle.


You're unreasonable if you are moaning about her opening a wardrobe door.

The soundproofing between your flats is the problem.

Flats suck mate, maybe save up your French haircut money and get a house?

Its ok you don't understand Moggy because I never explained it properly, it actually isn't just a wardrobe door. Its the weirdest wardrobe I have ever seen if you can even call it a wardrobe and it is built into the room with no proper rollers. It just rubs and grates along the floor when she slides the very heavy door open. It would be damn right rude of her to think it is okay to cause that kind of racket to her neighbours with an installation like that and get away with it. It is no different to playing very very loud music on purpose.

Don't worry I am moving out of London as soon as I can, get rid of this nightmare of a flat and have my own detached house perhaps in the middle of a farm :wub:


It's a flat, you cannot get away from any noise your neighbours make.

And you have zero right to tell neighbours what furniture they should or shouldn't have.

If they are shouting, playing loud music etc then you have cause for complaining. But vacuums, wardrobes and drawers are just something you have to put up with.

Image
User avatar
No:1 Final Fantasy Fan
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread - Stool Bloke returns...
by No:1 Final Fantasy Fan » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:11 pm

Moggy wrote:
No:1 Final Fantasy Fan wrote:
Moggy wrote:
No:1 Final Fantasy Fan wrote:
Drumstick wrote:
No:1 Final Fantasy Fan wrote:
Oblomov Boblomov wrote:Finally had chance to pop round to meet the new neighbours and they seem lovely :wub:. So much better than the previous gammons.

I got in a complaint about their tumble dryer being loud, so now I'm the dickhead neighbour 8-) and they've moved it to the opposite side of the house, so everyone's a winner!

Good on your for putting a complaint it. If they had invested in a proper decent quality dryer then it shouldn't be so noisy, which they should considering they are not living in a detached property.
I was working from home last week and my neighbour above was making a massive racket with things constantly dropping on the floor and noisy sliding wardrobe doors. I went up and complained about all the noise. She said she would look to change the wardrobe in the future but not right now. In the meantime she will open it very slowly. I also suggested she use a rug over her vinyl floor because it was too loud and to stop dropping things on the floor basically because the noise just pierces through my brain I said.

Ok so its a lot better now but I am now noticing she has a lot of wooden jarring furniture. I shouldn't be able to hear movement of her drawers etc. Its soo annoying because the sound is so jarring and sudden. So now I have to go up and complain again but I'll give it a week or two so that it doesn't seem like i'm constantly knocking on her door.

The issue is the soundproofing between the floors, not your neighbour or her furniture.

People drop things all the time - complaining that your neighbour has dropped something is unreasonable to a lunatic degree!

I hope you are wrong. I think it's reasonable of me as I certainly minimise my flat from being noisy for the people below me. I have a rug and normal furniture that doesn't create a racket. I also don't just throw things onto the floor...knowing there's a family below me.
Ok I did word it as "dropping" in that she is doing it by accident but what I meant was placing things loudly onto the floor and not being considerate and gentle.


You're unreasonable if you are moaning about her opening a wardrobe door.

The soundproofing between your flats is the problem.

Flats suck mate, maybe save up your French haircut money and get a house?

Its ok you don't understand Moggy because I never explained it properly, it actually isn't just a wardrobe door. Its the weirdest wardrobe I have ever seen if you can even call it a wardrobe and it is built into the room with no proper rollers. It just rubs and grates along the floor when she slides the very heavy door open. It would be damn right rude of her to think it is okay to cause that kind of racket to her neighbours with an installation like that and get away with it. It is no different to playing very very loud music on purpose.

Don't worry I am moving out of London as soon as I can, get rid of this nightmare of a flat and have my own detached house perhaps in the middle of a farm :wub:


It's a flat, you cannot get away from any noise your neighbours make.

And you have zero right to tell neighbours what furniture they should or shouldn't have.

If they are shouting, playing loud music etc then you have cause for complaining. But vacuums, wardrobes and drawers are just something you have to put up with.

Thanks I appreciate your explanation but I am still not convinced that should be the case. For example seeing horror stories of people moving into a flat in those house conversions then ripping out the carpet to reveal the original floorboards and creating a racket for the family below. I mean people don't seem to understand that they live in a flat and just shouldn't be doing selfish things like that. Why else is it common place for leasehold terms to have rules such as only allowing carpeting on the floors? Its written in the law for crying out loud for those lucky enough to be in a complex that has decent leaseholder terms.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread - Stool Bloke returns...
by Moggy » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:33 pm

No:1 Final Fantasy Fan wrote:
Moggy wrote:
No:1 Final Fantasy Fan wrote:
Moggy wrote:
No:1 Final Fantasy Fan wrote:
Drumstick wrote:
No:1 Final Fantasy Fan wrote:
Oblomov Boblomov wrote:Finally had chance to pop round to meet the new neighbours and they seem lovely :wub:. So much better than the previous gammons.

I got in a complaint about their tumble dryer being loud, so now I'm the dickhead neighbour 8-) and they've moved it to the opposite side of the house, so everyone's a winner!

Good on your for putting a complaint it. If they had invested in a proper decent quality dryer then it shouldn't be so noisy, which they should considering they are not living in a detached property.
I was working from home last week and my neighbour above was making a massive racket with things constantly dropping on the floor and noisy sliding wardrobe doors. I went up and complained about all the noise. She said she would look to change the wardrobe in the future but not right now. In the meantime she will open it very slowly. I also suggested she use a rug over her vinyl floor because it was too loud and to stop dropping things on the floor basically because the noise just pierces through my brain I said.

Ok so its a lot better now but I am now noticing she has a lot of wooden jarring furniture. I shouldn't be able to hear movement of her drawers etc. Its soo annoying because the sound is so jarring and sudden. So now I have to go up and complain again but I'll give it a week or two so that it doesn't seem like i'm constantly knocking on her door.

The issue is the soundproofing between the floors, not your neighbour or her furniture.

People drop things all the time - complaining that your neighbour has dropped something is unreasonable to a lunatic degree!

I hope you are wrong. I think it's reasonable of me as I certainly minimise my flat from being noisy for the people below me. I have a rug and normal furniture that doesn't create a racket. I also don't just throw things onto the floor...knowing there's a family below me.
Ok I did word it as "dropping" in that she is doing it by accident but what I meant was placing things loudly onto the floor and not being considerate and gentle.


You're unreasonable if you are moaning about her opening a wardrobe door.

The soundproofing between your flats is the problem.

Flats suck mate, maybe save up your French haircut money and get a house?

Its ok you don't understand Moggy because I never explained it properly, it actually isn't just a wardrobe door. Its the weirdest wardrobe I have ever seen if you can even call it a wardrobe and it is built into the room with no proper rollers. It just rubs and grates along the floor when she slides the very heavy door open. It would be damn right rude of her to think it is okay to cause that kind of racket to her neighbours with an installation like that and get away with it. It is no different to playing very very loud music on purpose.

Don't worry I am moving out of London as soon as I can, get rid of this nightmare of a flat and have my own detached house perhaps in the middle of a farm :wub:


It's a flat, you cannot get away from any noise your neighbours make.

And you have zero right to tell neighbours what furniture they should or shouldn't have.

If they are shouting, playing loud music etc then you have cause for complaining. But vacuums, wardrobes and drawers are just something you have to put up with.

Thanks I appreciate your explanation but I am still not convinced that should be the case. For example seeing horror stories of people moving into a flat in those house conversions then ripping out the carpet to reveal the original floorboards and creating a racket for the family below. I mean people don't seem to understand that they live in a flat and just shouldn't be doing selfish things like that. Why else is it common place for leasehold terms to have rules such as only allowing carpeting on the floors? Its written in the law for crying out loud for those lucky enough to be in a complex that has decent leaseholder terms.


Well it's not the law is it?

The lease might or might not specify carpets, I'd imagine that's pretty rare.

I don't disagree it's selfish behaviour. But that's what living in flats means. There's nothing we can do about it. The shocking state of the property market though means so many of us are forced into flats unable to live in houses.

Image
User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread - Stool Bloke returns...
by Drumstick » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:00 pm

Prototype wrote:I had a similar issue with my downstairs neighbour and their dryer. 3 hours a day. Could hear it throughout our whole flat. I knew they couldn't stop using it as they had kids but I put a note through their door and the guy came to my door drumstick-style saying there was strawberry float all he could do about it. No danger I could take it up with environmental health as they never used it past 10pm etc so I just considered moving out as any further escalation wouldve been akin to getting out the car when someone toots at you.

What does this mean? :slol:

I am a reasonably easy going person, I just will not put up with bullshit or disrespect from people towards myself or my family. I have met a lot of people from this forum and I'd be stunned if any of them found me even remotely aggro :lol:

I haven't even mentioned the incident I had earlier today at some traffic lights :dread:

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread - Stool Bloke returns...
by Drumstick » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:06 pm

No:1 Final Fantasy Fan wrote:What a complete tool...for him to just come and tell you he can't do anything about it...that is pathetic. Like I said people buy poor quality household appliances and for some items like washers and dryers it can have a big impact on others. For example my vacuum cleaner is quiet as a whistle but very powerful. My cousin was visiting and couldn't help but comment at how quiet it was and we could still have a conversation without shouting. Not that I am bothered by the sound of vacuum cleaners but its just an example.

Why is the neighbour a tool for being up front about his inability to do anything about the noise? If he's renting a flat and got three kids, from that you can probably extrapolate that they as a family aren't particularly well off. From that you can presume that they aren't going to break the bank when it comes to white goods. For example, the last washing machine we had was second hand. After some time it because very noisy and it rattled against the floor sometimes (granted, I wasn't living in a flat, but this is besides the point). For a long time we just had to accept this even though it was very annoying because we couldn't afford to spend a few hundred snoops on a new washing machine. That is just circumstance, the same way that you can comfortably afford to spend £50 on a basic haircut.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Prototype
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread - Stool Bloke returns...
by Prototype » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:23 pm

No:1 Final Fantasy Fan wrote:
Prototype wrote:
No:1 Final Fantasy Fan wrote:
Prototype wrote:
Oblomov Boblomov wrote:
Prototype wrote:
Oblomov Boblomov wrote:Finally had chance to pop round to meet the new neighbours and they seem lovely :wub:. So much better than the previous gammons.

I got in a complaint about their tumble dryer being loud, so now I'm the dickhead neighbour 8-) and they've moved it to the opposite side of the house, so everyone's a winner!


You complained to them at the same time as introducing yourself to them? :slol:

Yep, can't describe quite how ridiculous the noise was. It went on for several hours, three days in a row and would make both of us feel physically unwell. It was that bad!

Didn't want to be the sort of flannel who doesn't mention it in the first instance then has to find some other excuse to go round again for another visit just to bring it up then instead.


Fair enough for getting it resolved.

I had a similar issue with my downstairs neighbour and their dryer. 3 hours a day. Could hear it throughout our whole flat. I knew they couldn't stop using it as they had kids but I put a note through their door and the guy came to my door drumstick-style saying there was strawberry float all he could do about it. No danger I could take it up with environmental health as they never used it past 10pm etc so I just considered moving out as any further escalation wouldve been akin to getting out the car when someone toots at you.

They eventually bought a new one which I can barely hear and he says hi when I see him in the stair so I guess it worked out alright in the end.

Flat living though :dread:

What a complete tool...for him to just come and tell you he can't do anything about it...that is pathetic. Like I said people buy poor quality household appliances and for some items like washers and dryers it can have a big impact on others. For example my vacuum cleaner is quiet as a whistle but very powerful. My cousin was visiting and couldn't help but comment at how quiet it was and we could still have a conversation without shouting. Not that I am bothered by the sound of vacuum cleaners but its just an example.


Granted on the point about him being reactionary when I made a polite request.

But on the contrary, I have no right to tell them how much to spend on their white goods. :lol:

I would have been like...so seems that there was something that could be done then afterall... :roll: ignorant strawberry fool


I mean, technically you are correct. But I have to live next to these people and I think come and go is necessary.

Switch Code - 6445 2806 9595
User avatar
Prototype
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread - Stool Bloke returns...
by Prototype » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:24 pm

Drumstick wrote:
Prototype wrote:I had a similar issue with my downstairs neighbour and their dryer. 3 hours a day. Could hear it throughout our whole flat. I knew they couldn't stop using it as they had kids but I put a note through their door and the guy came to my door drumstick-style saying there was strawberry float all he could do about it. No danger I could take it up with environmental health as they never used it past 10pm etc so I just considered moving out as any further escalation wouldve been akin to getting out the car when someone toots at you.

What does this mean? :slol:


Just the way you described how you handled it. Im sure it was more assertive and not aggressive. But for now, can we just keep this meme? :lol:

Switch Code - 6445 2806 9595
User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread - Stool Bloke returns...
by Drumstick » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:32 pm

No:1 Final Fantasy Fan wrote:Its ok you don't understand Moggy because I never explained it properly, it actually isn't just a wardrobe door. Its the weirdest wardrobe I have ever seen if you can even call it a wardrobe and it is built into the room with no proper rollers. It just rubs and grates along the floor when she slides the very heavy door open.

So provided she rents her flat, same as you, do you think that she had this wardrobe put in this way? Probably not, her landlord will have installed it and unfortunately some landlords will cut corners because they see property and tenants as cash cows.

No:1 Final Fantasy Fan wrote:It would be damn right rude of her to think it is okay to cause that kind of racket to her neighbours with an installation like that and get away with it. It is no different to playing very very loud music on purpose.

Playing music very loudly and having no regard for your neighbours is rude and ignorant. Opening a wardrobe to retrieve a piece of clothing or an item that might be stored in their is basic living.

Think about it.

No:1 Final Fantasy Fan wrote:Thanks I appreciate your explanation but I am still not convinced that should be the case.

Image
"It doesn't matter what you think!"

No:1 Final Fantasy Fan wrote:For example seeing horror stories of people moving into a flat in those house conversions then ripping out the carpet to reveal the original floorboards and creating a racket for the family below.

So in your world people are not allowed renovate where they live. What?

No:1 Final Fantasy Fan wrote:I mean people don't seem to understand that they live in a flat and just shouldn't be doing selfish things like that.

Have you considered that it is selfish of you not to want people to decorate or revamp their property simply because it might be an small inconvenience to you?

No:1 Final Fantasy Fan wrote:Why else is it common place for leasehold terms to have rules such as only allowing carpeting on the floors? Its written in the law for crying out loud for those lucky enough to be in a complex that has decent leaseholder terms.

Right, so hold on. So you want the person above you to replace the wooden floors with carpet, right? Perhaps she's thought about doing so and then backed out of the idea because the guy living below her just said this:

No:1 Final Fantasy Fan wrote:For example seeing horror stories of people moving into a flat in those house conversions then ripping out the carpet to reveal the original floorboards and creating a racket for the family below.

When I reemed out my former neighbour, it was because he was playing his music at an obnoxious volume and despite being in our house with all doors and windows closed; it was preventing my two-year old from sleeping. What you are describing is entirely normal living. I am sympathetic to a degree but there has to be some understanding that people should be allowed to live a normal life - you have chosen to live a flat and you have to accept that one of the consequences that you have compromised on is noise. But the noise you are describing, whilst possibly annoying, isn't rude or impolite.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread - Stool Bloke returns...
by Drumstick » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:39 pm

Prototype wrote:
Drumstick wrote:
Prototype wrote:I had a similar issue with my downstairs neighbour and their dryer. 3 hours a day. Could hear it throughout our whole flat. I knew they couldn't stop using it as they had kids but I put a note through their door and the guy came to my door drumstick-style saying there was strawberry float all he could do about it. No danger I could take it up with environmental health as they never used it past 10pm etc so I just considered moving out as any further escalation wouldve been akin to getting out the car when someone toots at you.

What does this mean? :slol:

Just the way you described how you handled it. Im sure it was more assertive and not aggressive. But for now, can we just keep this meme? :lol:

Sure. :lol:

It started out as a simple polite request, asking if it could be lowered whilst I get the kid to sleep, with the inference it could go back up again after.

But he decided to start complaining about me personally and swearing at me. That is when it escalated and he quickly decided it was a good idea to turn the music off completely.

Thankfully since moving to me new house everything has been dandy. Our neighbours are wonderful.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread - Stool Bloke returns...
by Jenuall » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:47 pm

Next door neighbours being loud in your flat? Time to respond "Drumstick style":

Image

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread - Stool Bloke returns...
by Moggy » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:04 pm

Drumstick hears his neighbours turn on their stereo...

Image

Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread - Stool Bloke returns...
by Jenuall » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:16 pm

Drumstick decides to take the sound issues with his neighbours tumble drier into his own hands

Image

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread - Stool Bloke returns...
by Moggy » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:39 pm

Drumstick's neighbours are playing music and he storms in to "sort the strawberry floaters out"

Image

Image
User avatar
Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread - Stool Bloke returns...
by Cuttooth » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:44 pm

Drumstick when it's garbage day

Image

User avatar
No:1 Final Fantasy Fan
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread - Stool Bloke returns...
by No:1 Final Fantasy Fan » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:47 pm

Drumstick wrote:
No:1 Final Fantasy Fan wrote:What a complete tool...for him to just come and tell you he can't do anything about it...that is pathetic. Like I said people buy poor quality household appliances and for some items like washers and dryers it can have a big impact on others. For example my vacuum cleaner is quiet as a whistle but very powerful. My cousin was visiting and couldn't help but comment at how quiet it was and we could still have a conversation without shouting. Not that I am bothered by the sound of vacuum cleaners but its just an example.

Why is the neighbour a tool for being up front about his inability to do anything about the noise? If he's renting a flat and got three kids, from that you can probably extrapolate that they as a family aren't particularly well off. From that you can presume that they aren't going to break the bank when it comes to white goods. For example, the last washing machine we had was second hand. After some time it because very noisy and it rattled against the floor sometimes (granted, I wasn't living in a flat, but this is besides the point). For a long time we just had to accept this even though it was very annoying because we couldn't afford to spend a few hundred snoops on a new washing machine. That is just circumstance, the same way that you can comfortably afford to spend £50 on a basic haircut.

I find it rude that he would just say there's nothing he can do...because that is simply not the truth. he could move it, ask the landlord to change it..the list goes on. To just outright say something like "what do you expect me to do?!!??" is not very civilised.

Drumstick wrote:So provided she rents her flat, same as you, do you think that she had this wardrobe put in this way? Probably not, her landlord will have installed it and unfortunately some landlords will cut corners because they see property and tenants as cash cows.

I don't believe she rents as she has a flatmate and when I spoke to that flatmate I asked him if she was his landlord and he confirmed it. Even if she was renting then it would be up to her to speak to her landlord or for her to give me her landlord contact details.

Drumstick wrote:Playing music very loudly and having no regard for your neighbours is rude and ignorant. Opening a wardrobe to retrieve a piece of clothing or an item that might be stored in their is basic living. Think about it.

I disagree....not if the wardrobe is faulty and not built properly and it is affecting the whole building. In fact my flat mate has suggested to me that she should just leave the doors permanently open if they make that racket because it has woken both of us up before many times. That is how loud it is and it causes vibrations. The only think I haven't had to do yet is invite her to my flat to see how loud it is.

Drumstick wrote:So in your world people are not allowed renovate where they live. What?


Have you considered that it is selfish of you not to want people to decorate or revamp their property simply because it might be an small inconvenience to you?[/quote]
I didn't say people are not allowed to decorate or revamp. They can but please keep to standards like install new carpet or insulation underneath new floorboards. Not just reveal the bare floorboards which is very inconsiderate and selfish.

Drumstick wrote:Right, so hold on. So you want the person above you to replace the wooden floors with carpet, right? Perhaps she's thought about doing so and then backed out of the idea because the guy living below her just said this:

some people don't know and I think I have simply been telling her what I can hear in my flat. She wouldn't know if I never told her and I only suggested getting a rug to her.

Drumstick wrote:When I reemed out my former neighbour, it was because he was playing his music at an obnoxious volume and despite being in our house with all doors and windows closed; it was preventing my two-year old from sleeping. What you are describing is entirely normal living. I am sympathetic to a degree but there has to be some understanding that people should be allowed to live a normal life - you have chosen to live a flat and you have to accept that one of the consequences that you have compromised on is noise. But the noise you are describing, whilst possibly annoying, isn't rude or impolite.

I still think it is rude because I would be quieter if I knew what noises it transmits to other flats. But like I said some people just don't know and thats why you have to tell them.


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: <]:^D, BTB, Dowbocop, Frank, JChalmers, Lex-Man, massimo, Memento Mori, Met, Robbo-92, shy guy 64, Somebody Else's Problem, The Watching Artist, Tineash and 100 guests