The moan about your neighbours thread - Stool Bloke returns...

Fed up talking videogames? Why?

Frame your neighbours for murder to get rid of them

Poll ended at Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:07 pm

Yes,they can rot in prison for disturbing my peace.
20
80%
No,invite them round for tea and monopoly.
5
20%
 
Total votes: 25
jawafour
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread
by jawafour » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:42 pm

Pedz wrote:The way the world is today I would say your average person is a fascist, racist, homophobic moron and you will suffer until the die of a heart attack from rage...

Pedz, you're totes ruining my hopes, dude ;) .

Moggy wrote:I look forward to Jawa having a party to celebrate his neighbours moving out. And for his other neighbours to then get him evicted due to the noise.

I just want quiet neighbours; ones that don't blast out music, don't shout and pretty much don't have any fun. Like me :toot: .

User avatar
Harry Ellis
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread
by Harry Ellis » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:44 pm

FFS, what terrible news. The only thing worse than this would be if Stool Bloke decided to up sticks.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Partridge Iciclebubbles
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread
by Partridge Iciclebubbles » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:47 pm

Drumstick wrote:FFS, what terrible news. The only thing worse than this would be if Stool Bloke decided to up sticks.


OMG STOOL BLOKE WILL MOVE NEXT DOOR TO JAWA!! :shock:

Image
User avatar
I Shot A Kid
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread
by I Shot A Kid » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:24 pm

In all seriousness, this is great news! I can barely imagine the sense of relief Jawa just be feeling.

But yes, let's see who you get next :slol:.

Image
jawafour
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread
by jawafour » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:38 pm

Oblomov Boblomov wrote:...I can barely imagine the sense of relief Jawa just be feeling...

I am excited and can't quite believe it. I only overheard the conversation so I'm hoping I've got the right end of the stick :lol: .

Oblomov Boblomov wrote:...But yes, let's see who you get next :slol:.

I've checked and the flat isn't up for rental nor sale :? ... fingers crossed that this all goes well!

User avatar
Victor Mistletoe
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread
by Victor Mistletoe » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:27 pm

They're clearing the block one flat at a time before demolishing it.

Rip in peace Jawa x

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
jawafour
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread
by jawafour » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:28 pm

Ad7 wrote:They're clearing the block one flat at a time before demolishing it.

Rip in peace Jawa x

I'd quite like it if everyone moved out and I could remain here in a lovely peaceful environment :wub: .

User avatar
Victor Mistletoe
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread
by Victor Mistletoe » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:37 pm

It'll be absolute bliss when he's gone :datass:

I remember in our flat, the tossers upstairs who used to have loud parties and skateboard around the flat, and the day he moved out was amazing. He was replaced by some weird but nice guy who lived on his own with no furniture whatsoever and played the same 1 song on repeat all day every day :dread:

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
jawafour
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread
by jawafour » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:44 pm

Ad7 wrote:...I remember in our flat, the tossers upstairs who used to have loud parties and skateboard around the flat, and the day he moved out was amazing...

:toot: . It's incredible the effect that bad neighbours can have on your life. I know that folk say to "just ignore them", but it's tough when it's happening to you.

User avatar
Partridge Iciclebubbles
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread
by Partridge Iciclebubbles » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:12 pm

Even with decent neighbours, living in a flat can be hell.

I’d love to live in the middle of nowhere with no neighbours for 5 miles in every direction. :datass:

Image
User avatar
Victor Mistletoe
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread
by Victor Mistletoe » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:05 am

Bin hedge lady's parking again :dread:

Doesn't use her drive most of the time anyway, but at the moment she has decided to do so but has only put her car HALF WAY ON the drive, so the back is blocking the pavement :fp: Imagine being that lazy.

Point the metal box at the garage door and press the stop lever to make it stop off the road?
Image

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Jenu-All I Want For Christmas
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the buttermilk nebula

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread
by Jenu-All I Want For Christmas » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:52 am

jawafour wrote:
Ad7 wrote:...I remember in our flat, the tossers upstairs who used to have loud parties and skateboard around the flat, and the day he moved out was amazing...

:toot: . It's incredible the effect that bad neighbours can have on your life. I know that folk say to "just ignore them", but it's tough when it's happening to you.


What are you going to do with your noise log now Jawa, get it framed for posterity? Either way fingers crossed you get someone a little more palatable moving in!

We're hoping to have finally moved to our new house at some point next week. :toot:

Is it sad that one of the things I'm looking forward to is scoping out the neighbours to see if there are any potential "Stool Bloke/Noisy Neighbour Bloke/Bin Hedge Lady" types that I can start posting about on here? :lol:

Image
jawafour
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread
by jawafour » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:04 am

Jenuall wrote:What are you going to do with your noise log now Jawa, get it framed for posterity?...

Noise Log: 2014 to 2018. Will it finally be over?!? I could release a "greatest hits" edition?

Thing is, I'm almost starting to doubt what I over-heard... I know that I didn't, but I can barely believe it's gonna happen!

Jenuall wrote:...We're hoping to have finally moved to our new house at some point next week. :toot: ...

Nice going, Jen! I hope your neighbours are super-un-annoying!

User avatar
Jenu-All I Want For Christmas
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the buttermilk nebula

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread
by Jenu-All I Want For Christmas » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:31 am

jawafour wrote:
Jenuall wrote:What are you going to do with your noise log now Jawa, get it framed for posterity?...

Noise Log: 2014 to 2018. Will it finally be over?!? I could release a "greatest hits" edition?

Thing is, I'm almost starting to doubt what I over-heard... I know that I didn't, but I can barely believe it's gonna happen!

Jenuall wrote:...We're hoping to have finally moved to our new house at some point next week. :toot: ...

Nice going, Jen! I hope your neighbours are super-un-annoying!


Here's hoping!

We've managed to wangle ourselves a detached property so even if the neighbours turn out to be a nightmare at least there will be a buffer zone between us and them!

Image
jawafour
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread
by jawafour » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:48 am

Jenuall wrote:...We've managed to wangle ourselves a detached property so even if the neighbours turn out to be a nightmare at least there will be a buffer zone between us and them!

Oh, man, that is the dream. I kinda like living in a town but I would prefer it if I didn't have neighbours for - roughly - half a mile either side of me (or below!).

User avatar
Snowballadeer
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Lord's

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread
by Snowballadeer » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:57 pm

Or above. Above is the worst. You can hear every. Footstep. Magnified. And then there’s the rows and the crying children...

User avatar
Victor Mistletoe
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread
by Victor Mistletoe » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:02 pm

Yeah above is strawberry floating awful. THUD THUD IM WALKING IN MY FLAT THUD THUD SKATEBOARD TIME THUD THUD HEY LETS HAVE A PARTY

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Xmasday
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread
by Xmasday » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:14 pm

The above flat isn't so bad at mine, you hear the odd thud and their child crying on the very odd occasion. The old grump downstairs makes more noise, you hear him shouting at squirrels now and again and he sneezes so loud.

Image
Image
User avatar
Jenu-All I Want For Christmas
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the buttermilk nebula

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread
by Jenu-All I Want For Christmas » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:23 pm

Yeah being below someone loud is a strawberry floating nightmare. First flat we lived in after getting married was brilliant for about 3 months and then some complete twats moved in upstairs and just made so much noise it was ridiculous.

I think their place had hard floors throughout as well so there was nothing to soften any of the sound either. STOMP, STOMP, STOMP, SCRAPE, BANG, THUD. :evil:

As well as being loud they were just generally idiots as well - they broke the lift all the time, put a whole in the wall in one of the communal areas and ripped the banister off the stairs because they were dicking around on it. :dread:

It was made worse by the fact that the place we had been before that was living in a bungalow on a farm with basically nobody around us for miles, so quite the contrast! :lol:

Image
User avatar
ianfianf
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Prototype

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread
by ianfianf » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:39 pm

Moggy wrote:Even with decent neighbours, living in a flat can be hell.

I’d love to live in the middle of nowhere with no neighbours for 5 miles in every direction. :datass:


Agreed.

There's a family of 5 below us (a family of 3) and they spend around 3 hours a day washing and drying clothes. Because we're in a new build it drones right through our flat. They're decent people though. Guy upstairs lives on his own and you can hear him playing COD at night but other than that no issues.

I myself am the perfect neighbour.


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: massimo, MSN [Bot], Parksey, Peter Crisp and 56 guests