The moan about your neighbours thread

Fed up talking videogames? Why?

Frame your neighbours for murder to get rid of them

Poll ended at Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:07 pm

Yes,they can rot in prison for disturbing my peace.
20
80%
No,invite them round for tea and monopoly.
5
20%
 
Total votes: 25
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread
by Moggy » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:44 pm

Prototype wrote:
Moggy wrote:Even with decent neighbours, living in a flat can be hell.

I’d love to live in the middle of nowhere with no neighbours for 5 miles in every direction. :datass:


Agreed.

There's a family of 5 below us (a family of 3) and they spend around 3 hours a day washing and drying clothes. Because we're in a new build it drones right through our flat. They're decent people though. Guy upstairs lives on his own and you can hear him playing COD at night but other than that no issues.

I myself am the perfect neighbour.


The woman above me is lovely and she can’t help it, but either she has concrete feet or no carpet as I can hear every footstep. :x On the plus side I can hear her getting strawberry floated sometimes. :datass: ;)

User avatar
Balladeer
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Lord's

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread
by Balladeer » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:13 pm

‘On the plus side’!?

Mind you, I used to hear the couple upstairs ‘at it’. (This is in addition to being able to hear every footstep, dropped object, and even lightswitch flick.) Recently I haven’t heard that for a while, but they have a child crying intermittently instead; and honestly I’d rather hear the sex.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread
by Moggy » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:16 pm

Balladeer wrote:‘On the plus side’!?

Mind you, I used to hear the couple upstairs ‘at it’. (This is in addition to being able to hear every footstep, dropped object, and even lightswitch flick.) Recently I haven’t heard that for a while, but they have a child crying intermittently instead; and honestly I’d rather hear the sex.


It was a joke, the sounds of strawberry floating are only pleasant when you are having or watching sex. The noise above doesn’t really bother me though, when I hear her at it, I am usually hanging out of the window trying to put a camera up to her window.

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread
by jawafour » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:23 pm

I haven't Googled it, but... I wonder if you can sound-proof a flat? I guess it's possible but probs well expensive.

My ceilings aren't that high, though, so I guess if I had layers of soundproofing I'd be left with a living space roughly three feet high :lol: .

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread
by Moggy » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:25 pm

jawafour wrote:I haven't Googled it, but... I wonder if you can sound-proof a flat? I guess it's possible but probs well expensive.

My ceilings aren't that high, though, so I guess if I had layers of soundproofing I'd be left with a living space roughly three feet high :lol: .


https://www.cutfoam.co.uk/acoustics/?gc ... gI5rPD_BwE

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread
by Jenuall » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:28 pm

Moggy wrote:
Balladeer wrote:‘On the plus side’!?

Mind you, I used to hear the couple upstairs ‘at it’. (This is in addition to being able to hear every footstep, dropped object, and even lightswitch flick.) Recently I haven’t heard that for a while, but they have a child crying intermittently instead; and honestly I’d rather hear the sex.


It was a joke, the sounds of strawberry floating are only pleasant when you are having or watching sex. The noise above doesn’t really bother me though, when I hear her at it, I am usually hanging out of the window trying to put a camera up to her window.


A very different kind of "moaning" from what I believe the thread was intended for!

ImageImage
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread
by jawafour » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:30 pm

Moggy wrote:
jawafour wrote:I haven't Googled it, but... I wonder if you can sound-proof a flat? I guess it's possible but probs well expensive.

My ceilings aren't that high, though, so I guess if I had layers of soundproofing I'd be left with a living space roughly three feet high :lol: .


https://www.cutfoam.co.uk/acoustics/?gc ... gI5rPD_BwE


That was super-quick, Moggy! Had a look myelf, too... when I'm back at work this could be something that I'll seriously look into.

User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread
by Ad7 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:03 am

Snow bloke update today please :toot:

Image
User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread
by Drumstick » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:17 am

Moggy wrote:when I hear her at it, I am usually hanging out of the window trying to put a camera up to her window.

:lol:

Last edited by Drumstick on Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Rapidly-Greying
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Kelty, scotland
Contact:

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread
by Rapidly-Greying » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:23 am

Ad7 wrote:It'll be absolute bliss when he's gone :datass:

I remember in our flat, the tossers upstairs who used to have loud parties and skateboard around the flat, and the day he moved out was amazing. He was replaced by some weird but nice guy who lived on his own with no furniture whatsoever and played the same 1 song on repeat all day every day :dread:


What song?

I heard my neighbor getting pumped last night,it wasn't even late,round about 8 so there kid maybe wasn't even sleeping yet. Zero finesse yet again though,he just bangs it into her as hard as he can for the usual 5 minutes then it's all over. Where is the romance ask you.

Rapidly-greying is SHITE at games
User avatar
RichardUK
Member
Joined in 2015
Location: Nottinghamshire & Bavaria
Contact:

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread
by RichardUK » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:42 am

Ad7 wrote:Snow bloke update today please :toot:


I second that, I expect to see him sat in some sort of VW Camper inspired sledge

Image
Image
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'
pjbetman
Member
Joined in 2017

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread
by pjbetman » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:51 am

jawafour wrote:Yes! YES! YES!

YES!

No, this isn't the sound coming through my floor...

I have just arrived home and I happened to be walking up the stairs just as neighbour-bloke and one of his sons were. Bloke was saying to his son "Yeah, so we're moving out in ten days...down to (a place miles away)".

Strawberry-floatin' YES!

I am smiling so much right now. I've had to put up with their gooseberry fool behaviour for about six years. YES! :toot: .

Plot twist - who is gonna be moving in? (The place is being rented) :dread: ...


Dunno how I missed this.

Great news!

Now, sell your flat and get the strawberry float out of there.

User avatar
Tsunade
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread
by Tsunade » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:51 am

Jawa did they leave in the end? Did you overhear the right thing?

Also we didn't have any stool bloke updates last month. Vermy I'm disappointed.

Image
Image
pjbetman
Member
Joined in 2017

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread
by pjbetman » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:01 am

jawafour wrote:I haven't Googled it, but... I wonder if you can sound-proof a flat? I guess it's possible but probs well expensive.

My ceilings aren't that high, though, so I guess if I had layers of soundproofing I'd be left with a living space roughly three feet high :lol: .


It would be fairly expensive, depends on how many rooms. You'd only need to do the party wall or ceiling between you. You can use an acoustic plasterboard, then have it skimmed over and painted. I doubt it would completely stop any noise but I suppose it would be like having/not having double glazing.

pjbetman
Member
Joined in 2017

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread
by pjbetman » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:03 am

jawafour wrote:
Moggy wrote:
jawafour wrote:I haven't Googled it, but... I wonder if you can sound-proof a flat? I guess it's possible but probs well expensive.

My ceilings aren't that high, though, so I guess if I had layers of soundproofing I'd be left with a living space roughly three feet high :lol: .


https://www.cutfoam.co.uk/acoustics/?gc ... gI5rPD_BwE


That was super-quick, Moggy! Had a look myelf, too... when I'm back at work this could be something that I'll seriously look into.


Im pretty sure that stuff is only used in the room the sound is coming from, to baffle/deflect the noise. It wouldn't do anything for you.

User avatar
Rapidly-Greying
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Kelty, scotland
Contact:

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread
by Rapidly-Greying » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:10 am

My finger are crossed for you Jawa.

That's actually a lie as I lost both my hands in a wood chipper accident.

Rapidly-greying is SHITE at games
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread
by Moggy » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:38 am

Ad7 wrote:Snow bloke update today please :toot:


Just imagine the magnificent snowman that snowbloke is building. :wub:

User avatar
Balladeer
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Lord's

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread
by Balladeer » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:10 am

Moggy wrote:
Ad7 wrote:Snow bloke update today please :toot:


Just imagine the magnificent snowman that snowbloke is building. :wub:

This is definitely a good idea and not a way to raise our expectations to the point where they can only possibly be dashed!

Anyway it’ll have a hat and be driving its own snow camper van. :D

User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread
by Ad7 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:12 am

I'm hoping the Christmas reindeer makes another appearance

Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread
by Jenuall » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:16 am

If he's not out there in his shorts, building a snow sculpture of a VW Campervan, with a cuppa resting on an upturned bin next to him, then I am going to be very disappointed! :capnscotty:

ImageImage

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ecno, Google [Bot], Lex-Man and 43 guests