The moan about your neighbours thread - Stool Bloke returns...

Fed up talking videogames? Why?

Frame your neighbours for murder to get rid of them

Poll ended at Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:07 pm

Yes,they can rot in prison for disturbing my peace.
20
80%
No,invite them round for tea and monopoly.
5
20%
 
Total votes: 25
User avatar
Balladeer
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Lord's

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread - Stool Bloke returns...
by Balladeer » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:08 pm

The Drumstick memes :lol:

I have terrible soundproofing between my flat and the neighbouring ones. I think the residents’ association means I could actually force upstairs to get a carpet? Doubt I will though. I’d say it’s fine to moan and vent, but beyond that you have to blame the building not the resident. Don’t hate the player and all that.

User avatar
No:1 Final Fantasy Fan
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread - Stool Bloke returns...
by No:1 Final Fantasy Fan » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:26 pm

Balladeer wrote:The Drumstick memes :lol:

I have terrible soundproofing between my flat and the neighbouring ones. I think the residents’ association means I could actually force upstairs to get a carpet? Doubt I will though. I’d say it’s fine to moan and vent, but beyond that you have to blame the building not the resident. Don’t hate the player and all that.

I would enquiry about it. Nothing to lose. Goodluck

User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread - Stool Bloke returns...
by Drumstick » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:15 am

All I came at is, the next time you are looking to move, you should definitely consult us so that we can make you aware of any pitfalls or disadvantages there may be.

I would strongly advise moving to another flat at any rate, given how much your neighbours seem to grate on you. I would definitely have advised against a flat in the first place!

Edit: but you are in London so understandably there may not have been much alternative as prices there are insane.

Right, Pancake?

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread - Stool Bloke returns...
by Moggy » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:22 am

Drumstick wrote:
Right, Pancake? Pancake? strawberry floating answer me Pancake. strawberry float YOU PANCAKE strawberry float YOU


Image

Image
User avatar
Imrahil
Member
Joined in 2013
Location: Location, Location

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread - Stool Bloke returns...
by Imrahil » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:28 am

Also, a big problem is people have a wide variance of tolerance levels to noise. Some who have spent their whole lives in flats probably are used to a certain amount from neighbours, whereas someone who's moved into a flat for the very first time will be appalled at just how much day-to-day little stuff you can hear.

It becomes very difficult to deal with someone who doesn't give a gooseberry fool about other neighbours noise, let alone their own noise.

Of course there are objective limits to what you should put up with, but beyond that it becomes very tricky to establish what is or isn't acceptable in flats.

User avatar
Balladeer
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Lord's

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread - Stool Bloke returns...
by Balladeer » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:21 am

Drumstick wrote:Edit: but you are in London so understandably there may not have been much alternative as prices there are insane.

Right, Pancake?

I'm not Pancake, but - yes.

Anyway the angle I was coming at it from is that it probably isn't the people at fault. However last night apparently our new upstairs neighbours were doing DIY until 2am which is definitely their fault. :x I slept through it because I have a white noise headband, but The Lady was kept up. If it happens again I'll go Drumstick them.

Image

User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread - Stool Bloke returns...
by Drumstick » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:34 am

I didn't know you were a Londoner. Whereabouts are you?

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread - Stool Bloke returns...
by Moggy » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:42 am

Don't fall for it Balladeer :dread:

Image

Image
User avatar
Balladeer
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Lord's

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread - Stool Bloke returns...
by Balladeer » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:45 am

:lol:

Islington-ish. Hopefully vague and yet specific enough!

User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread - Stool Bloke returns...
by Corazon de Leon » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:51 am

This page has given me a much needed chuckle this morning. :lol:

Image
User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread - Stool Bloke returns...
by Oblomov Boblomov » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:01 am

RIP In Peace every single front door in Islington :cry:.

Image
User avatar
Chocolate-Milk
Member
Joined in 2015
AKA: Guy Brush of Lincolnshire

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread - Stool Bloke returns...
by Chocolate-Milk » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:50 pm

There's gonna be some very happy locksmiths in Islington...

Image
It was me, Dio!
User avatar
Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread - Stool Bloke returns...
by Cuttooth » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:55 pm

Drumstick at Islington police station raising a noise complaint against his neighbours

Image

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread - Stool Bloke returns...
by Moggy » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:04 pm

Let's hope that the police take him seriously or else he'll kick off in the police station.

Image

Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread - Stool Bloke returns...
by Jenuall » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:49 pm

As if there's a police cell in the country that could hold Drummy back when there's neighbourhood injustice to deal with

Image

Image
User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread - Stool Bloke returns...
by Qikz » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:44 pm

:lol:

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
User avatar
Wedgie
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread - Stool Bloke returns...
by Wedgie » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:03 pm

The council came around last week Monday because of the neighbour upstairs complaining about my children being noisy during the early afternoon.

My children came here every second weekends and stay here for the weekend.

I’ll hold my hands up and say yes they can be very wild. Considering that they are all deaf too and the young two doesn’t quite understand the notion of noises and there is nothing much I can do considering the COVID situation which means I can’t usually take them to the soft play or any activity that means they can let off steam. As for the screaming during the nights, there is nothing I can do as I’m deaf too. My gf is deaf.

My children aren’t the type to scream during the nights on purpose as more often I checked on them before going to bed they were fast asleep. Maybe a react to nightmare? But all four screaming seems unlikely.

But the problem is the date that the neighbours complained doesn’t match the dates that my children was here. I don’t think my girlfriend and I have been banging doors and running around screaming.

Then the council worker froze. The BSL interpreter that they booked for us said that the neighbours upstairs is banging their doors and suddenly the TV blaring out at a high volume. The council worker asked us if we can hear those things. I do felt some odd jolt but other than that, no.

The council worker, interpreter and I went upstairs. She knocked the door and suddenly the tv went silent. The witch answered the door and from what I can see, she recognised the council worker.

The interpreter said it seems that this neighbour didn’t realise that the council was visiting. And she didn’t realise that we are all deaf downstairs. She hardly said a word and the council worker has mentioned this seems like a harassment.

All because apparently, I shut the front door into the building foley as the neighbour was saying hold the door several times while she was carrying her grocery bags.

The neighbour went red when the penny finally dropped that her beloved downstairs neighbours are deaf and she admitted that there weren’t any noises most of on the dates she complained about.

The council worker has send out a letter saying that the neighbours have decided to drop all the complaints. But the council has provided sound sensor equipment and said that the neighbours is the noisy ones and they take this equally seriously as we are deaf.

All of this just because the neighbour thought my gf and I ignored their shouts of holding the door. You wouldn’t believe how bitter a 50s woman neighbour can get.

Satisfying end from here now on I hope.

Image

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.


Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread - Stool Bloke returns...
by Jenuall » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:06 pm

Wow, glad the complaints got dropped but that is messed up!

Image
User avatar
That's not a growth
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread - Stool Bloke returns...
by That's not a growth » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:27 pm

Wow, that was a wild ride. Glad things worked out.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: The moan about your neighbours thread - Stool Bloke returns...
by Moggy » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:41 pm

Wedgie wrote:The council came around last week Monday because of the neighbour upstairs complaining about my children being noisy during the early afternoon.

My children came here every second weekends and stay here for the weekend.

I’ll hold my hands up and say yes they can be very wild. Considering that they are all deaf too and the young two doesn’t quite understand the notion of noises and there is nothing much I can do considering the COVID situation which means I can’t usually take them to the soft play or any activity that means they can let off steam. As for the screaming during the nights, there is nothing I can do as I’m deaf too. My gf is deaf.

My children aren’t the type to scream during the nights on purpose as more often I checked on them before going to bed they were fast asleep. Maybe a react to nightmare? But all four screaming seems unlikely.

But the problem is the date that the neighbours complained doesn’t match the dates that my children was here. I don’t think my girlfriend and I have been banging doors and running around screaming.

Then the council worker froze. The BSL interpreter that they booked for us said that the neighbours upstairs is banging their doors and suddenly the TV blaring out at a high volume. The council worker asked us if we can hear those things. I do felt some odd jolt but other than that, no.

The council worker, interpreter and I went upstairs. She knocked the door and suddenly the tv went silent. The witch answered the door and from what I can see, she recognised the council worker.

The interpreter said it seems that this neighbour didn’t realise that the council was visiting. And she didn’t realise that we are all deaf downstairs. She hardly said a word and the council worker has mentioned this seems like a harassment.

All because apparently, I shut the front door into the building foley as the neighbour was saying hold the door several times while she was carrying her grocery bags.

The neighbour went red when the penny finally dropped that her beloved downstairs neighbours are deaf and she admitted that there weren’t any noises most of on the dates she complained about.

The council worker has send out a letter saying that the neighbours have decided to drop all the complaints. But the council has provided sound sensor equipment and said that the neighbours is the noisy ones and they take this equally seriously as we are deaf.

All of this just because the neighbour thought my gf and I ignored their shouts of holding the door. You wouldn’t believe how bitter a 50s woman neighbour can get.

Satisfying end from here now on I hope.


Wow. What a horrible woman.

Image

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Benzin, Christopher, Frank, Peter Crisp, Somebody Else's Problem, Vermilion and 119 guests