Football League Thread - DERBY :FP:

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Mini E
Doctor
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Football League Thread - DERBY :FP:
by Mini E » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:08 pm

I’m so bored of football.

User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Wherever you want me to be, baby

PostRe: Football League Thread - DERBY :FP:
by Somebody Else's Problem » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:42 pm

Oblomov Boblomov wrote:Apparently 6 weeks' wages is the maximum fine they can enforce, but surely it's grounds enough for immediate dismissal?!


It is. Ask Darron Gibson.

Image
User avatar
KingK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football League Thread - DERBY :FP:
by KingK » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:35 pm

So, Lawrence and Bennett avoid jail for their recent drink drive incident. A 2yr driving ban, 180 hrs unpaid work, 12 months community work and victim costs of below £100 each.

Unbelievable leniency from the judge IMO. Wonder how Keogh feels?

If any of us did exactly the same, we'd be in the slammer by now

Interested to see if DCFC sack them, or just integrate them back into the squad. I suspect the latter

Image
User avatar
Blue Eyes
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Football League Thread - DERBY :FP:
by Blue Eyes » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:40 pm

KingK wrote:So, Lawrence and Bennett avoid jail for their recent drink drive incident. A 2yr driving ban, 180 hrs unpaid work, 12 months community work and victim costs of below £100 each.

Unbelievable leniency from the judge IMO. Wonder how Keogh feels?

If any of us did exactly the same, we'd be in the slammer by now

Interested to see if DCFC sack them, or just integrate them back into the squad. I suspect the latter

Pretty sure they've already integrated the pair of them back into the squad. They were getting booed by their own fans recently I think.

User avatar
KingK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football League Thread - DERBY :FP:
by KingK » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:45 pm

Blue Eyes wrote:
KingK wrote:So, Lawrence and Bennett avoid jail for their recent drink drive incident. A 2yr driving ban, 180 hrs unpaid work, 12 months community work and victim costs of below £100 each.

Unbelievable leniency from the judge IMO. Wonder how Keogh feels?

If any of us did exactly the same, we'd be in the slammer by now

Interested to see if DCFC sack them, or just integrate them back into the squad. I suspect the latter

Pretty sure they've already integrated the pair of them back into the squad. They were getting booed by their own fans recently I think.

I think that was a case of waiting for the verdict and court punishment. Now the legal side has completed, Derby could do the right thing.

But Mel wont of course

Image
User avatar
Blue Eyes
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Football League Thread - DERBY :FP:
by Blue Eyes » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:55 pm

KingK wrote:
Blue Eyes wrote:
KingK wrote:So, Lawrence and Bennett avoid jail for their recent drink drive incident. A 2yr driving ban, 180 hrs unpaid work, 12 months community work and victim costs of below £100 each.

Unbelievable leniency from the judge IMO. Wonder how Keogh feels?

If any of us did exactly the same, we'd be in the slammer by now

Interested to see if DCFC sack them, or just integrate them back into the squad. I suspect the latter

Pretty sure they've already integrated the pair of them back into the squad. They were getting booed by their own fans recently I think.

I think that was a case of waiting for the verdict and court punishment. Now the legal side has completed, Derby could do the right thing.

But Mel wont of course

Yeah, as if they weren't bang-to-rights already! They won't do it because some other team will just come along and take them for nothing. I can understand that, and this very lenient judgment gives them the opportunity to claim that justice has been meted out and they consider the situation closed.

User avatar
KingK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football League Thread - DERBY :FP:
by KingK » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:43 pm

Way back in the 90s, Chelsea sacked Adrian Mutu after he failed a drugs test. I can't recall the details now and CBA to Google but I think he ended up suing Chelsea initially?

Today's "punishment" sets a bad example that you can drink drive, cause a bad accident that leaves someone badly hurt (even if that person is Keogh), left the scene of the crime and yet can essentially get away with it

Image
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Football League Thread - DERBY :FP:
by Tomous » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:29 pm

KingK wrote:Way back in the 90s, Chelsea sacked Adrian Mutu after he failed a drugs test. I can't recall the details now and CBA to Google but I think he ended up suing Chelsea initially?

Today's "punishment" sets a bad example that you can drink drive, cause a bad accident that leaves someone badly hurt (even if that person is Keogh), left the scene of the crime and yet can essentially get away with it


Yeah Mutu got caught with coke in his system. Not sure what legal action he took but I think Chelsea successfully sued Mutu in the end and he was found to owe them £15m odd in compensation. No idea if it ever got paid after the numerous appeals though.

Image
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Football League Thread - DERBY :FP:
by Corazon de Leon » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:49 pm

KingK wrote:Way back in the 90s, Chelsea sacked Adrian Mutu after he failed a drugs test. I can't recall the details now and CBA to Google but I think he ended up suing Chelsea initially?

Today's "punishment" sets a bad example that you can drink drive, cause a bad accident that leaves someone badly hurt (even if that person is Keogh), left the scene of the crime and yet can essentially get away with it


If by the ‘90s you mean 2004-05 then I totally agree.

All joking aside, Derby should have given the players the boot, absolutely. They shouldn’t be playing football after what they’ve done.

Image
User avatar
Mini E
Doctor
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Football League Thread - DERBY :FP:
by Mini E » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:06 pm

Mini E wrote:I’m so bored of football.


I hate football. (May begin a comment chain after every match, but I imagine I'd run out of adjectives fairly quickly).

strawberry floating abject.

User avatar
PuppetBoy
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football League Thread - DERBY :FP:
by PuppetBoy » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:14 pm

Yep. Feel that. :(

Image
User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: Football League Thread - DERBY :FP:
by Oblomov Boblomov » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:45 pm

What a bloody drab game and awful performance, capped off by a glorious added time winner :lol: 8-).

Great result obviously, but strawberry float me we are going nowhere.

Hull :wub:

Image
User avatar
PuppetBoy
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football League Thread - DERBY :FP:
by PuppetBoy » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:17 pm

Jack Rodwell is set to sign for Roma apparently. :shock: :lol:

Image
User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: Football League Thread - DERBY :FP:
by Oblomov Boblomov » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:47 pm

Hull :x

Image
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Football League Thread - DERBY :FP:
by Corazon de Leon » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:08 pm

For strawberry float’s sake.

Image
User avatar
KingK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football League Thread - DERBY :FP:
by KingK » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:13 pm

Hull :wub:

Image
User avatar
justlexi
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Football League Thread - DERBY :FP:
by justlexi » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:56 am

I only watch football when there's an interesting match.

User avatar
Mini E
Doctor
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Football League Thread - DERBY :FP:
by Mini E » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:32 am

justlexi wrote:I only watch football when there's an interesting match.


You wouldn’t see many games involving the teams supported by a lot of members in this thread then...

User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Football League Thread - DERBY :FP:
by Tomous » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:24 am

Friendship ended with rugby.

Now football is my new best friend.

Image
User avatar
BTB
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Ashtead

PostRe: Football League Thread - DERBY :FP:
by BTB » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:08 am

Tomous wrote:Friendship ended with rugby.

Now football is my new best friend.

Agreed, if Swansea had lost following the rugby yesterday I'd just have given up with sport forever I think.


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cuttooth, El Contador, Lagamorph, PuppetBoy, Return_of_the_STAR, Rich, Samuel_1, Shug5891, SMPL, Tineash and 99 guests