Football League Thread - GOING UP IS FOR LOSERS ANYWAY :'(

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Football League Thread - GOING UP IS FOR LOSERS ANYWAY :'(
by Moggy » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:19 pm

Mini E wrote:
Moggy wrote:.


Oh hai Moggy.


:toot:

Image
User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Football League Thread - GOING UP IS FOR LOSERS ANYWAY :'(
by Drumstick » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:29 pm

Derby are winning :shock:

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: Football League Thread - GOING UP IS FOR LOSERS ANYWAY :'(
by Oblomov Boblomov » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:39 pm

Normality restored.

Image
User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Football League Thread - GOING UP IS FOR LOSERS ANYWAY :'(
by Drumstick » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:41 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Football League Thread - GOING UP IS FOR LOSERS ANYWAY :'(
by Corazon de Leon » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:20 pm

Did Wednesday not start with a ten point backy? How the strawberry float are Derby bottom? :dread:

Image
User avatar
DML
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football League Thread - GOING UP IS FOR LOSERS ANYWAY :'(
by DML » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:26 pm

I cant imagine being relegated from the Championship for just heing utterly dreadful.

Image
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Football League Thread - GOING UP IS FOR LOSERS ANYWAY :'(
by Tomous » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:28 pm

Corazon de Leon wrote:Did Wednesday not start with a ten point backy? How the strawberry float are Derby bottom? :dread:



It got reduced to 6 points FWIW

Image
User avatar
KingK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football League Thread - GOING UP IS FOR LOSERS ANYWAY :'(
by KingK » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:30 pm

After our next 4 fixtures I think we could be below Derby

User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Football League Thread - GOING UP IS FOR LOSERS ANYWAY :'(
by Tomous » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:41 pm

Why are Derby and Forest so bad this season?

Image
User avatar
KingK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football League Thread - GOING UP IS FOR LOSERS ANYWAY :'(
by KingK » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:00 pm

Can’t speak for Ob’s lot, but our owners strawberry floated up with the summer transfer window.

14 new additions, when we probably needed 4 or 5 max, completely caused huge upheaval and change for changes sake. Allegations our owner and his team interfere too much in signings and also take players for their other team Olympiacos, or give us their dross.

Sacking the manager was inevitable after losing the first 4 or 5 games of the season, added onto last season’s capitulation. Hughton steadied the boat a little in first few games but there is no spark in the team. Creative players were sent away on loan or knicked by Oly. We need a decent no.10.

On paper, our huge squad should be top 6. As it is, bottom 6 beckons

User avatar
Mini E
Doctor
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football League Thread - GOING UP IS FOR LOSERS ANYWAY :'(
by Mini E » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:37 pm

Paul Lambert has gone full Donald Trump/Alan Partridge lovechild tonight. Thoroughly entertaining from the outside but must suck being an Ipswich fan.

Transcript in this tweet... really escalates as it progresses :fp:. See replies for fact checking from the Ipswich fans :lol:

twitter.com/stuart_watson/status/1333899596716793856


User avatar
Ecno
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: There're no Wolves

PostRe: Football League Thread - GOING UP IS FOR LOSERS ANYWAY :'(
by Ecno » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:08 am

No idea why they gave him a 5 year contract. Apparently it was to stop him walking.....

User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: Football League Thread - GOING UP IS FOR LOSERS ANYWAY :'(
by Oblomov Boblomov » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:15 am

Tomous wrote:Why are Derby and Forest so bad this season?

We were only good the year before last because everything came through our three star Lampard loans:

Tomori
Mount
Wilson

We struggled for a large part of last season, but when Rooney first joined he was incredible and pretty much singlehandedly dragged us up the table. strawberry float knows what he did during lockdown, because ever since then he's been diabolical.

So now our best player is our right back :lol: we're not actually horrific overall and we tend to have most of the ball/general play in games, but we simply cannot threaten the opposition goal.

Image
User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Football League Thread - GOING UP IS FOR LOSERS ANYWAY :'(
by Drumstick » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:27 am

Oblomov Boblomov wrote:We struggled for a large part of last season, but when Rooney first joined he was incredible and pretty much singlehandedly dragged us up the table. strawberry float knows what he did during lockdown, because ever since then he's been diabolical.

Image

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Pancake
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football League Thread - GOING UP IS FOR LOSERS ANYWAY :'(
by Pancake » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:06 pm

Mini E wrote:Paul Lambert has gone full Donald Trump/Alan Partridge lovechild tonight. Thoroughly entertaining from the outside but must suck being an Ipswich fan.

Transcript in this tweet... really escalates as it progresses :fp:. See replies for fact checking from the Ipswich fans :lol:

twitter.com/stuart_watson/status/1333899596716793856


This is incredible, I love it when a manager has a proper breakdown with the media. :lol:

User avatar
Lex-Man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Football League Thread - GOING UP IS FOR LOSERS ANYWAY :'(
by Lex-Man » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:01 pm

Peterbrough turned up and saw what a true posh team looks like and collapsed. Up the Dons.

I actually don't know how we won that game.

Amusement under late capitalism is the prolongation of work.
User avatar
Pancake
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football League Thread - GOING UP IS FOR LOSERS ANYWAY :'(
by Pancake » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:03 pm

Lex-Man wrote:Peterbrough turned up and saw what a true posh team looks like and collapsed. Up the Dons.

I actually don't know how we won that game.

Another textbook example of our season, a bit rubbish and completely outplayed, but got the points. We're like the complete reverse of Wenger's Arsenal.

User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Football League Thread - GOING UP IS FOR LOSERS ANYWAY :'(
by Tomous » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:35 pm

Drummy, this lad we've got on loan from you has pissed me off tonight no end!

Image
User avatar
Clarkman
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football League Thread - GOING UP IS FOR LOSERS ANYWAY :'(
by Clarkman » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:56 pm

Pancake wrote:
Lex-Man wrote:Peterbrough turned up and saw what a true posh team looks like and collapsed. Up the Dons.

I actually don't know how we won that game.

Another textbook example of our season, a bit rubbish and completely outplayed, but got the points. We're like the complete reverse of Wenger's Arsenal.


Some people on Twitter are suggesting we're good enough for play offs :lol: :roll:

I'll only start to feel safe once we're 12-15 points clear of the drop.

User avatar
Lex-Man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Football League Thread - GOING UP IS FOR LOSERS ANYWAY :'(
by Lex-Man » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:38 pm

Clarkman wrote:
Pancake wrote:
Lex-Man wrote:Peterbrough turned up and saw what a true posh team looks like and collapsed. Up the Dons.

I actually don't know how we won that game.

Another textbook example of our season, a bit rubbish and completely outplayed, but got the points. We're like the complete reverse of Wenger's Arsenal.


Some people on Twitter are suggesting we're good enough for play offs :lol: :roll:

I'll only start to feel safe once we're 12-15 points clear of the drop.


I take it they didn't watch the game then?

Amusement under late capitalism is the prolongation of work.

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: <]:^D, Google [Bot], Qikz, RichardUK, The Watching Artist, wensleydale and 116 guests