The official Formula One and General Motorsport thread for the 2021 season! Mercedes domination set to continue....?

Fed up talking videogames? Why?

Who do you think will be the WDC and WCC winner for the 2021 F1 season?

Sir Lewis Hamilton
10
38%
Valtteri Bottas
0
No votes
Max Verstappen
2
8%
Sergio Perez
0
No votes
Lando Norris
0
No votes
Daniel Ricciardo
0
No votes
Sebastian Vettel
0
No votes
Lance Stroll
0
No votes
Fernando Alonso
1
4%
Esteban Ocon
0
No votes
Charles Leclerc
0
No votes
Carlos Sainz Jr
0
No votes
Pierre Gasly
0
No votes
Yuki Tsunoda
0
No votes
Kimi Raikkonen
0
No votes
Antonio Giovinazzi
0
No votes
Mick Schumacher
0
No votes
Nikita Mazepin
0
No votes
George Russel
1
4%
Nicholas Latifi
0
No votes
Mercedes
10
38%
Red Bull Racing
0
No votes
McLaren
0
No votes
Aston Martin
2
8%
Alpine
0
No votes
Ferrari
0
No votes
Alpha Tauri
0
No votes
Alfa Romeo
0
No votes
Haas
0
No votes
Williams
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 26
User avatar
floydfreak
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The official Formula One and General Motorsport thread for the 2021 season! Mercedes domination set to continue....?
by floydfreak » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:01 pm





Part 3 to come later this month but this is the best videos i have seen regarding the Cart/IRL split well worth watching

User avatar
Roonmastor
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The official Formula One and General Motorsport thread for the 2021 season! Mercedes domination set to continue....?
by Roonmastor » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:22 pm

floydfreak wrote:Vietnam i didnt mind as a track once i got a rhythm going currently doing a championship as Kimi. First 3 races i was gooseberry fool came last in all 3 of them lol had to as others have done adjust the difficulty for a good balance in the game. Got a win in China had a great battle in the race with Bottas till the pits and took the lead by a comfortable margin. Zandfoort again had a good Quali lap. Was doing good in the race till i did a silly overtake and damaged my wing on the 2nd to last lap and finished 6th when i could of finished 3rd I got too optimistic with my overtake.


I think Vietnam has a badly optimised car as standard, which makes it horrible to drive. Which is odd as pretty much every other track you can do a decent job with the standard setups. So I can see why everyone hates it. I got a decent custom setup that means it grips on the long corners at speed and good top speed so started flying around it, so I don't mind it too much.

User avatar
Vermilion
Gnome Thief
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: The official Formula One and General Motorsport thread for the 2021 season! Mercedes domination set to continue....?
by Vermilion » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:57 am



Didn't attend this one, but wish i'd had, that Porsche was such an amazing machine.

User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: Robbo-92
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: The official Formula One and General Motorsport thread for the 2021 season! Mercedes domination set to continue....?
by Robbo-92 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:23 am

In news that’ll surprise no one, Hamilton has signed a new contract, not looked how long but expect it’s at least two if not 3 years.

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Kanbei
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Belfast

PostRe: The official Formula One and General Motorsport thread for the 2021 season! Mercedes domination set to continue....?
by Kanbei » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:27 am

Robbo-92 wrote:In news that’ll surprise no one, Hamilton has signed a new contract, not looked how long but expect it’s at least two if not 3 years.


It's only for 1 year.

User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: Robbo-92
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: The official Formula One and General Motorsport thread for the 2021 season! Mercedes domination set to continue....?
by Robbo-92 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:35 am

Kanbei wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:In news that’ll surprise no one, Hamilton has signed a new contract, not looked how long but expect it’s at least two if not 3 years.


It's only for 1 year.


Was just coming to edit my post, was expecting at least 2 to cover the new regulations to be honest!

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The official Formula One and General Motorsport thread for the 2021 season! Mercedes domination set to continue....?
by Saint of Killers » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:38 am

When does Wolff's contract end?

They're over there, by their theremin.
User avatar
Memento Mori
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: The official Formula One and General Motorsport thread for the 2021 season! Mercedes domination set to continue....?
by Memento Mori » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:12 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:
Kanbei wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:In news that’ll surprise no one, Hamilton has signed a new contract, not looked how long but expect it’s at least two if not 3 years.


It's only for 1 year.


Was just coming to edit my post, was expecting at least 2 to cover the new regulations to be honest!

Bottas only has one year on his contract as well and he's getting immediately replaced with Russell when that's expired. There was talk that Hamilton was trying to get a clause in his contract which allowed him to choose his teammate. Mercedes hasn't given him that because they want Russell and Hamilton doesn't.

User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The official Formula One and General Motorsport thread for the 2021 season! Mercedes domination set to continue....?
by Saint of Killers » Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:28 pm

Memento Mori wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:
Kanbei wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:In news that’ll surprise no one, Hamilton has signed a new contract, not looked how long but expect it’s at least two if not 3 years.


It's only for 1 year.


Was just coming to edit my post, was expecting at least 2 to cover the new regulations to be honest!

Bottas only has one year on his contract as well and he's getting immediately replaced with Russell when that's expired. There was talk that Hamilton was trying to get a clause in his contract which allowed him to choose his teammate. Mercedes hasn't given him that because they want Russell and Hamilton doesn't.


Good on them for not giving in to his demands.

Is there any news on Toto Wolff's contract?

They're over there, by their theremin.
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: Robbo-92
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: The official Formula One and General Motorsport thread for the 2021 season! Mercedes domination set to continue....?
by Robbo-92 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:44 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:
Memento Mori wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:
Kanbei wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:In news that’ll surprise no one, Hamilton has signed a new contract, not looked how long but expect it’s at least two if not 3 years.


It's only for 1 year.


Was just coming to edit my post, was expecting at least 2 to cover the new regulations to be honest!

Bottas only has one year on his contract as well and he's getting immediately replaced with Russell when that's expired. There was talk that Hamilton was trying to get a clause in his contract which allowed him to choose his teammate. Mercedes hasn't given him that because they want Russell and Hamilton doesn't.


Good on them for not giving in to his demands.

Is there any news on Toto Wolff's contract?


If that’s the case, fair play to Mercedes for sticking to their long term plan. Toto Wolff signed a 3 year deal towards the end of last season I believe. There will be loads of people keen for either of the Mercedes seats (although Russell has to be getting one of them surely?) so it’s not like they’ll be short of options.

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Captain Kinopio
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Herbi
Location: The Observatory

PostRe: The official Formula One and General Motorsport thread for the 2021 season! Mercedes domination set to continue....?
by Captain Kinopio » Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:47 pm

Where is Mori getting that from?

User avatar
Memento Mori
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: The official Formula One and General Motorsport thread for the 2021 season! Mercedes domination set to continue....?
by Memento Mori » Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:54 pm

Planet F1 by way of Motorsport.com.

User avatar
Imrahil
Member
Joined in 2013
Location: Location, Location

PostRe: The official Formula One and General Motorsport thread for the 2021 season! Mercedes domination set to continue....?
by Imrahil » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:45 pm

And where are they getting it from?

Sorry, I've just got so sick of made-up rumours in various sports in recent years (which later turn out to be mostly bollocks or completely misconstrued from the reality) I tend to just ignore them.

User avatar
Rawrgna
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: The official Formula One and General Motorsport thread for the 2021 season! Mercedes domination set to continue....?
by Rawrgna » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:03 pm

I wonder if Mercedes and Hamilton agreed to a 1 year contract with the salary cap in mind for 2022 or if it's a signal hes going to leave to concentrate on his other interests like the e-extreme team insteae

User avatar
Vermilion
Gnome Thief
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: The official Formula One and General Motorsport thread for the 2021 season! Mercedes domination set to continue....?
by Vermilion » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:18 pm

Tbh, i would have rather seen Russell in the car this season, as it would have made for a more exciting title fight, but hey ho, another year of Lewis dominance beckons.

User avatar
False
COOL DUDE
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The official Formula One and General Motorsport thread for the 2021 season! Mercedes domination set to continue....?
by False » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:07 am

as if anyone here would turn down the chance to have a strong bet of becoming the goat by the end of the year, i mean i hope russell gets the seat when it all comes out in the wash but i dunno i wanna see if ham can do it

also worth mentioning is that it seems as though part of the contract deal was setting up a charity/initiative by merc to ensure more diversity in motorsports et al, which seems like a pretty decent endeavour to hold out for

sure he might have the car, but the dude sure as hell has the skill and im happy for one more season of seeing the likes of max trying to knock him off at his peak

Image
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The official Formula One and General Motorsport thread for the 2021 season! Mercedes domination set to continue....?
by Victor Mildew » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:19 am

False wrote:as if anyone here would turn down the chance to have a strong bet of becoming the goat by the end of the year, i mean i hope russell gets the seat when it all comes out in the wash but i dunno i wanna see if ham can do it

also worth mentioning is that it seems as though part of the contract deal was setting up a charity/initiative by merc to ensure more diversity in motorsports et al, which seems like a pretty decent endeavour to hold out for

sure he might have the car, but the dude sure as hell has the skill and im happy for one more season of seeing the likes of max trying to knock him off at his peak


The guy is a phenomenal driver, always has been from the second he stepped in to a F1 car, and now people seem to be falling over themselves to play down his achievements, because god forbid anyone should topple Schumacher, as he was the best in their era and we can't have anyone beating that now can we. ITS ONLY THE CAR!!!! But let's quietly ignore the dominant Ferrari years, coupled with the bespoke tire compounds he had that helped along the way. BUT YEAH HE BUILT THAT TEAM UP SO IT'S DIFFERENT!!

Good on him for pushing the diversity issue, he's in a high enough position to force the hand of those high up. Doing a crappy black and white 30 second clip and wearing a t-shirt at the start of the race isn't enough, and I bet if he wasn't there it'd be quietly shelved this year.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: Robbo-92
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: The official Formula One and General Motorsport thread for the 2021 season! Mercedes domination set to continue....?
by Robbo-92 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:43 pm

I’d like to think next to no fans of the sport who have taken a bit of time to understand it more than just seeing the results every Monday in the papers will acknowledge just how immensely good Hamilton is in a racing car, sure people will always find something to dislike about someone but regardless on anyone’s thoughts of him, he’s up there with the GOAT drivers. A charity of some sorts as part of his contract is a really good move by Hamilton and Mercedes too, Mercedes know it’ll make Lewis happy (which letting Lewis do his own things away from F1 has been a big reason we’ve seen such a consistently strong run of seasons from him, earlier on he seemed to have a couple of blips) and it’ll generate mainly goodwill towards Mercedes as a company, with the amount of followers all the drivers have on social media it really gets the message out there to a lot of people.

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Vermilion
Gnome Thief
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: The official Formula One and General Motorsport thread for the 2021 season! Mercedes domination set to continue....?
by Vermilion » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:53 am

Image

User avatar
Vermilion
Gnome Thief
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: The official Formula One and General Motorsport thread for the 2021 season! Mercedes domination set to continue....?
by Vermilion » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:57 pm



Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: floydfreak, Grumpy David, Lagamorph and 142 guests