The Official Lost Thread-(The End from pg. 197)

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: The Official Lost Thread-(The End from pg. 197)
by Moggy » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:02 pm

Oblomov Boblomov wrote:
Venom wrote:But what about what happens between the time Jack dies and the other people die? What happened there?

That's why we are all eagerly awaiting the spin-off series 'Lost: The Adventures of Hurley and Ben'. :shifty:


strawberry float them two, it's all about Vincent. 8-)

Image
User avatar
Crimson
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Official Lost Thread-(The End from pg. 197)
by Crimson » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:31 pm

Nearly finished S1, Kate is a lot more unlike-able than I remember.

User avatar
Memento Mori
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: The Official Lost Thread-(The End from pg. 197)
by Memento Mori » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:34 pm

She gets so many people killed for no reason at all.

User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Official Lost Thread-(The End from pg. 197)
by Victor Mildew » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:38 pm

The Crimson Clown wrote:Nearly finished S1, Kate is a lot more unlike-able than I remember.


Ahhh, then it's nearly hatch tiem. I know a lot of people didnt like it, but the whole hatch thing was Lost at its best, so mysterious and I wish they'd not gone all midichlorians and shown it all later on.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Crimson
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Official Lost Thread-(The End from pg. 197)
by Crimson » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:21 am

Jack's (ex) wife is such a cold bitch. :x

Onto the S3 finale, which I remember loving. Charlie. :wub:

User avatar
Crimson
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Official Lost Thread-(The End from pg. 197)
by Crimson » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:19 am

Just watched The Constant. Desmond. :wub:

systematic
Member
Joined in 2010

PostRe: The Official Lost Thread-(The End from pg. 197)
by systematic » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:44 pm

The origins of Lost, as told by the people who made it, in an exclusive first serial excerpt from 'The Revolution Was Televised'.

Very good read.

Lindelof, on the other hand? He describes his response to those huge premiere ratings as "Terror, depression, anxiety, anxiety attacks. I'm not exaggerating. Everybody who was around me at the time knows I pretty much wanted to die, and knowing that wasn't going to happen unless I took matters into my hands, I just wanted to quit. But there was literally no one to quit to."

Cuse says, "I remember [Lindelof] coming in with the ratings after the opening episode, and he looked completely miserable. He said, 'Does this mean we have to keep strawberry floating doing this?' If you're a producer in television, this is like getting a winning lottery ticket: having a show that's not only critically acclaimed but gets big ratings. But it was daunting to have to sustain this thing."

As the show continued to be wildly popular in those early weeks, Lindelof says, "I was completely and totally creatively crippled by people saying two things: 1) 'How are they going to keep this up?' And I had no idea. 2) 'They better have really satisfying answers to all these mysteries.' And I was like, 'We have satisfying answers for all the character ones.'"

User avatar
HM
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Official Lost Thread-(The End from pg. 197)
by HM » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:47 pm

1) 'How are they going to keep this up?' And I had no idea.


That was obvious.

2) 'They better have really satisfying answers to all these mysteries.' And I was like, 'We have satisfying answers for all the character ones.'"


Why set up all these mysteries then if you didn't have a clear plan for them :| :fp:

Igor wrote:HM is the man you should all strive to be.
User avatar
Crimson
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Official Lost Thread-(The End from pg. 197)
by Crimson » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:14 pm

systematic wrote:The origins of Lost, as told by the people who made it, in an exclusive first serial excerpt from 'The Revolution Was Televised'.

Very good read.

Lindelof, on the other hand? He describes his response to those huge premiere ratings as "Terror, depression, anxiety, anxiety attacks. I'm not exaggerating. Everybody who was around me at the time knows I pretty much wanted to die, and knowing that wasn't going to happen unless I took matters into my hands, I just wanted to quit. But there was literally no one to quit to."

Cuse says, "I remember [Lindelof] coming in with the ratings after the opening episode, and he looked completely miserable. He said, 'Does this mean we have to keep strawberry floating doing this?' If you're a producer in television, this is like getting a winning lottery ticket: having a show that's not only critically acclaimed but gets big ratings. But it was daunting to have to sustain this thing."

As the show continued to be wildly popular in those early weeks, Lindelof says, "I was completely and totally creatively crippled by people saying two things: 1) 'How are they going to keep this up?' And I had no idea. 2) 'They better have really satisfying answers to all these mysteries.' And I was like, 'We have satisfying answers for all the character ones.'"


Heard about that book the other night, seems like it'll be an excellent read.

Continuing my rewatch, about half way through S5. It was my least favourite season the first time round and that opinion hasn't changed.

User avatar
mic
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: I'm on my way...

PostRe: The Official Lost Thread-(The End from pg. 197)
by mic » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:13 pm

Much as I hated the ending, this is easily my fave series ever. I can remember the anticipation for each new episode life no other - all those cliffhangers!

User avatar
Crimson
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Official Lost Thread-(The End from pg. 197)
by Crimson » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:33 am

Nearly finished Season 5, thank god. The new characters from Flight 316 are so strawberry floating gooseberry fool. The season has bigger problems than that but those new additions make it all the worse.

Last edited by Crimson on Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Official Lost Thread-(The End from pg. 197)
by Victor Mildew » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:22 am

The Crimson Clown wrote:Nearly finished Season 5, thank god. The new characters from Flight 316 so strawberry floating gooseberry fool. The season has bigger problems than that but those new additions make it all the worse.


We tried to watch season 6 again recently, it's so gooseberry fool we gave up.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Crimson
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Official Lost Thread-(The End from pg. 197)
by Crimson » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:56 pm

Advent7 wrote:
The Crimson Clown wrote:Nearly finished Season 5, thank god. The new characters from Flight 316 so strawberry floating gooseberry fool. The season has bigger problems than that but those new additions make it all the worse.


We tried to watch season 6 again recently, it's so gooseberry fool we gave up.


I don't remember having many issues with Season 6 apart from it seeming like they were in the temple forever. I think I liked it more than most. We'll see if it holds up on the rewatch.

User avatar
Fuzzy Dunlop
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Official Lost Thread-(The End from pg. 197)
by Fuzzy Dunlop » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:55 pm

I'm on Season 6 and none of it has the same impact as first viewing. That being said, it's still awesome and it's the characters which make the show. So many favourites:

Locke, Sawyer, Jack, Juliet, Ben, Desmond, Sayid, Miles, Jin, Sun, Hurley, Faraday, Charlie, Lapidus, Richard :wub:

Do you often contemplate the complexity of life?
User avatar
Clarkman
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Official Lost Thread-(The End from pg. 197)
by Clarkman » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:20 pm

Season 6 :wub: Some of the best TV of the last decade.

User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: The Official Lost Thread-(The End from pg. 197)
by Drumstick » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:22 pm

If I ever reach the end of my backlog I'm going to rewatch this.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Floex
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The Official Lost Thread-(The End from pg. 197)
by Floex » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:15 pm

I'll never get over that glowing glory hole

As much as I like Lost at the time, I'll never invest in a show that has 24 episodes per season. That payoff was the biggest cop out ever, still remember when everyone watched it and people were adamant it was a worthy ending :lol:

User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: The Official Lost Thread-(The End from pg. 197)
by Oblomov Boblomov » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:27 am

Upon re-watching (again), Season 5 was comfortably my favourite :shifty:.

Image
User avatar
Crimson
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Official Lost Thread-(The End from pg. 197)
by Crimson » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:15 am

Oblomov Boblomov wrote:Upon re-watching (again), Season 5 was comfortably my favourite :shifty:.


I think my main problem with it is that the entire season basically revolves around seeing a load of stuff we didn't need to see and really sucking the last remaining drops of mystery out of the show.

User avatar
a dan from grcade
Go for it, Danmon!
Joined in 2008
Location: Peach Mountain

PostRe: The Official Lost Thread-(The End from pg. 197)
by a dan from grcade » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:38 pm

Sparkleman wrote:Season 6 :wub: Some of the best TV of the last decade.


:dread:

Season four was clearly the best.

Generating Real Conversations About Digital Entertainment
Image

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Christopher, Finish.Last, kazanova_Frankenstein, Skarjo, Tafdolphin, Vermilion, Zilnad and 182 guests