The Outer Worlds (Obsidian) - PS4, X1, PC, Game Pass (out now!), Switch (early 2020)

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Outer Worlds (Obsidian) - PS4, X1, PC, Game Pass (out now!), Switch (early 2020)
by Monkey Man » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:12 pm

Greetings fellow spacers,

We want to let you all know that our Patch 1.1.1.0 has been released for all platforms!

Resolved Issues for Patch 1.1.1.0:


The game crashing at a specific point when the player has reached Tartarus has been resolved
Toggle to increase the font size (found in the UI tab under Settings). Increases font for conversation text, cinematic subtitles, bark subtitles, and terminal text.
Players will no longer experience muffled sounds when playing on the PlayStation 4
The Prismatic Hammer has been rebalanced.
Various quest fixes made including "Radio Free Monarch"
The achievement/trophy for "It's Not the Best Choice" will pop correctly
Existing Botched companion quests will have their status reset to Active allowing the player to add them to a party when leaving the ship in order to un-botch the quests, unless the death occurred prior to unlocking the companion quest.

Image
User avatar
Somebody Else's Presents
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: The Outer Worlds (Obsidian) - PS4, X1, PC, Game Pass (out now!), Switch (early 2020)
by Somebody Else's Presents » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:27 pm

Ah good, I got hit with that Tartarus bug in an earlier playthrough.

Image
User avatar
Jenu-All I Want For Christmas
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the buttermilk nebula

PostRe: The Outer Worlds (Obsidian) - PS4, X1, PC, Game Pass (out now!), Switch (early 2020)
by Jenu-All I Want For Christmas » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:36 pm

Nice, never had any of the issues myself but glad they've got fixes out.

That office walk around article from the other day mentioned they still have a team working on this so I'm really hoping for a nice slice of DLC in the not too distant future so I can get Alex Hawthorne and crew back in action.

Image
User avatar
Somebody Else's Presents
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: The Outer Worlds (Obsidian) - PS4, X1, PC, Game Pass (out now!), Switch (early 2020)
by Somebody Else's Presents » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:44 pm

I'm slightly disappointed that if you set your character name as "Alex Hawthorne" at the start, it's not acknowledged at all.

Image
User avatar
Jenu-All I Want For Christmas
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the buttermilk nebula

PostRe: The Outer Worlds (Obsidian) - PS4, X1, PC, Game Pass (out now!), Switch (early 2020)
by Jenu-All I Want For Christmas » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:48 pm

Somebody Else's Problem wrote:I'm slightly disappointed that if you set your character name as "Alex Hawthorne" at the start, it's not acknowledged at all.

Ah that's a shame.

Probably makes some of the dialog options confusing though - which one is the truth and which one is a lie?!

Image
User avatar
Somebody Else's Presents
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: The Outer Worlds (Obsidian) - PS4, X1, PC, Game Pass (out now!), Switch (early 2020)
by Somebody Else's Presents » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:42 pm

Jenuall wrote:
Somebody Else's Problem wrote:I'm slightly disappointed that if you set your character name as "Alex Hawthorne" at the start, it's not acknowledged at all.

Ah that's a shame.

Probably makes some of the dialog options confusing though - which one is the truth and which one is a lie?!


Even something like "But my name already IS Alex Hawthorne" when first meeting ADA.

Image
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: The Outer Worlds (Obsidian) - PS4, X1, PC, Game Pass (out now!), Switch (early 2020)
by Lagamorph » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:19 pm

Sadly I've hit a game breaking bug that essentially halts all progression.


In Byazantium I did the Early Retirement quest which has resulted on everyone in Byzantium becoming hostile to me.


I've tried the recommended fix of setting my companions to Passive, running back to the ship and then sleeping for several days, still hostile.

Travelled to another planet, slept for more days, everyone still hostile.


Every quest I have left is in Byzantium now, including the story quests.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Somebody Else's Presents
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: The Outer Worlds (Obsidian) - PS4, X1, PC, Game Pass (out now!), Switch (early 2020)
by Somebody Else's Presents » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:23 pm

Lagamorph wrote:Sadly I've hit a game breaking bug that essentially halts all progression.


In Byazantium I did the Early Retirement quest which has resulted on everyone in Byzantium becoming hostile to me.


I've tried the recommended fix of setting my companions to Passive, running back to the ship and then sleeping for several days, still hostile.

Travelled to another planet, slept for more days, everyone still hostile.


Every quest I have left is in Byzantium now, including the story quests.


That sounds less like a bug, and more like you reaping the consequences of your actions and choices.

Image
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: The Outer Worlds (Obsidian) - PS4, X1, PC, Game Pass (out now!), Switch (early 2020)
by Lagamorph » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:25 pm

Somebody Else's Problem wrote:
Lagamorph wrote:Sadly I've hit a game breaking bug that essentially halts all progression.


In Byazantium I did the Early Retirement quest which has resulted on everyone in Byzantium becoming hostile to me.


I've tried the recommended fix of setting my companions to Passive, running back to the ship and then sleeping for several days, still hostile.

Travelled to another planet, slept for more days, everyone still hostile.


Every quest I have left is in Byzantium now, including the story quests.


That sounds less like a bug, and more like you reaping the consequences of your actions and choices.

No it seems to be a known issue with people after doing that quest from Googling around.

I've not attacked any of the actual guards or anything, so if your reputation isn't "Kill on Sight" then sleeping for a few days is supposed to stop people being hostile to you according to the games own tooltips. For some reason though that seems to not always happen on Byzantium after doing that particular quest.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Jenu-All I Want For Christmas
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the buttermilk nebula

PostRe: The Outer Worlds (Obsidian) - PS4, X1, PC, Game Pass (out now!), Switch (early 2020)
by Jenu-All I Want For Christmas » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:51 pm

What is your reputation?

Image
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: The Outer Worlds (Obsidian) - PS4, X1, PC, Game Pass (out now!), Switch (early 2020)
by Lagamorph » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:09 pm

Jenuall wrote:What is your reputation?

Angry, but not Kill on Sight.
I ended up reloading an earlier save before the quest, went through it again in the same way and this time they weren't hostile to me afterwards.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Jenu-All I Want For Christmas
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the buttermilk nebula

PostRe: The Outer Worlds (Obsidian) - PS4, X1, PC, Game Pass (out now!), Switch (early 2020)
by Jenu-All I Want For Christmas » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:43 pm

Lagamorph wrote:
Jenuall wrote:What is your reputation?

Angry, but not Kill on Sight.
I ended up reloading an earlier save before the quest, went through it again in the same way and this time they weren't hostile to me afterwards.

Bizarre! Wonder what triggers it, some sequence of events must mess up the logic somehow.

Image
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: The Outer Worlds (Obsidian) - PS4, X1, PC, Game Pass (out now!), Switch (early 2020)
by Lagamorph » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:34 pm

Jenuall wrote:
Lagamorph wrote:
Jenuall wrote:What is your reputation?

Angry, but not Kill on Sight.
I ended up reloading an earlier save before the quest, went through it again in the same way and this time they weren't hostile to me afterwards.

Bizarre! Wonder what triggers it, some sequence of events must mess up the logic somehow.

Thinking back the first time I did the quest I hadn't installed the new patch that released today. I then forced an update through the Windows Store to apply the patch and whilst that didn't fix my existing save, it was the only difference between the two times at doing the quest.
So maybe the patch fixed something within the quest that was causing the hostile flag to be triggered. Or maybe it was just a coincidence.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
OrangeXMS
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: The Outer Worlds (Obsidian) - PS4, X1, PC, Game Pass (out now!), Switch (early 2020)
by OrangeXMS » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:19 am

Glad it's fixed but it's not game breaking fwiw as you can fight your way through byzantium to finish the main story

User avatar
Jenu-All I Want For Christmas
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the buttermilk nebula

PostRe: The Outer Worlds (Obsidian) - PS4, X1, PC, Game Pass (out now!), Switch (early 2020)
by Jenu-All I Want For Christmas » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:38 am

Also pretty much everyone on Byzantium deserves it any way ;)

Image
User avatar
OrangeXMS
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: The Outer Worlds (Obsidian) - PS4, X1, PC, Game Pass (out now!), Switch (early 2020)
by OrangeXMS » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:51 am

Apart from the fashion lady :(

User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: The Outer Worlds (Obsidian) - PS4, X1, PC, Game Pass (out now!), Switch (early 2020)
by Lagamorph » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:02 am

For this play through I didn't want to go full psycho.

Might do that for a second play through though. Make a melee focused no intelligence killing machine.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: The Outer Worlds (Obsidian) - PS4, X1, PC, Game Pass (out now!), Switch (early 2020)
by Lagamorph » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:11 pm

Just completed this tonight. Really enjoyed it over all, though there was definitely a huge difficulty spike on Tartarus. Was probably the first time I ever had to actually use the healing inhaler, and I was using it nearly all the time.

I really hope we get a sequel or some DLC that goes into what has happened to Earth. I really want to know now

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Chocatomi Plaza
Member
Joined in 2015
AKA: Welcome to the party, pal

PostRe: The Outer Worlds (Obsidian) - PS4, X1, PC, Game Pass (out now!), Switch (early 2020)
by Chocatomi Plaza » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:37 pm

Lagamorph wrote:Might do that for a second play through though. Make a melee focused no intelligence killing machine.

The dumb dialogue options are definitely worth the penalties for low intelligence, but the melee combat in this game suffers similar problems to Skyrim. My melee skills are pushing 25 levels above my ranged, but most encounters are still better handled with stealth and a good sniping position.

Image
rolycoly
User avatar
Jenu-All I Want For Christmas
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the buttermilk nebula

PostRe: The Outer Worlds (Obsidian) - PS4, X1, PC, Game Pass (out now!), Switch (early 2020)
by Jenu-All I Want For Christmas » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:05 pm

I don't think I used a single melee attack in my entire first run! Might whack some points into a melee build just for a look at what it's like but yeah I can imagine it isn't great. First person melee is always going to be a challenge to do well.

Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jazzem, JediDragon05, kerr9000, MSN [Bot], Snowballadeer and 60 guests