The Official Pets Discussion Thread

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Official Pets Discussion Thread
by Frank » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:39 pm

Patch looks like a proper fat boi in that second picture :wub: Pepsi needs some love too, though. It's a shame black cats still aren't as popular as other colours :(

Image
User avatar
The Doom Spoon
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Wales
Contact:

PostRe: The Official Pets Discussion Thread
by The Doom Spoon » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:52 pm

Haha yea he's not the most graceful! Yea black cats are the most common to be sent to shelters and abandoned, all because of some stupid superstition!

User avatar
The Doom Spoon
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Wales
Contact:

PostRe: The Official Pets Discussion Thread
by The Doom Spoon » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:48 pm

The wife's working tonight so I have someone else for company :wub:

Image

User avatar
RichardUK
Member
Joined in 2015
Location: Nottinghamshire & Bavaria
Contact:

PostRe: The Official Pets Discussion Thread
by RichardUK » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:54 pm

Image

This little guy is going to his new home tomorrow, he is just about as cute as anything can possibly be

Image
Image
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: The Official Pets Discussion Thread
by Corazon de Leon » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:18 am

My eejit dog, earlier today apparently. I already miss him, and it’s only been a week. :slol:

Image

Image Image
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Official Pets Discussion Thread
by Pedz » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:11 pm

Went to the vets today for my dogs yearly booster. Turns out he has cataracts.

Anyone know of a way to get help to pay for it? I have insurance but it covers £1000. This is going to cost to get it sorted the minimum of £4,500 and I can't afford anywhere near that money.

ImageImage
User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: The Official Pets Discussion Thread
by Errkal » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:52 am

Hexx wrote:I couldn't find the pet thread because "Pet" doesn't return "Pets". Who built that? Bloody hell. So from the Cat thread.


Use wildcards to do stuff like that, to get the pets thread from the word “pet” you would search for “pet*” as it means the word pet followed by anything.

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Official Pets Discussion Thread
by Jenuall » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:01 pm

Let the dog out in the garden last night to do her stuff, thought like she had been out there for a long time and so went to check on things and found her out on the lawn ripping in to the carcass of some bloody great pigeon that she had obviously caught! :lol:

Had to pull her off it and dispose of the body. :dread:

ImageImage
User avatar
ignition
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Official Pets Discussion Thread
by ignition » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:01 pm

Looked after my neighbour's non-toilet-trained 13 week old basenji last night for a couple of hours. Thought we might be able to ride out such a short time with minimal issues, but within 10 minutes of being dropped off she'd pissed on a rug and done a gooseberry fool in the hallway :x

Cute as anything though :wub:

Image
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Official Pets Discussion Thread
by Ad7 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:35 pm

Pedz wrote:Went to the vets today for my dogs yearly booster. Turns out he has cataracts.

Anyone know of a way to get help to pay for it? I have insurance but it covers £1000. This is going to cost to get it sorted the minimum of £4,500 and I can't afford anywhere near that money.


Not that this is probably much help, but if it comes to it could you do some sort of fundraiser?

User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Official Pets Discussion Thread
by Pedz » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:36 pm

I wouldn't even know where to start with something like that. I doubt anyone would care enough either.

ImageImage
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: The Official Pets Discussion Thread
by Corazon de Leon » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:19 pm

strawberry floating hell, unlucky mate. Hope you can get it sorted and the little fella's ok. :(

Image Image
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Official Pets Discussion Thread
by Pedz » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:20 pm

It's more a surprise cause he's only 3, so he's not old where it's more likely to happen.

ImageImage
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: The Official Pets Discussion Thread
by Robbo-92 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:24 pm

Is it something that needs sorting asap? Or can it wait while you explore other avenues for getting the money together past what your insurance will cover? If its not causing him any pain then is there any other downsides to waiting while you get the money together?

In other news our family got a new dog back in January this year (after having our previous one put to sleep back in February 2016) she’s now just over 6 months old. She’s a rescue dog from the RSPCA due to her tail being illegally docked. Meet Luna, a border terrier crossed with (what we’ve been told) a Lakeland terrier. This photo was taken a few weeks back but she’s not really changed/grown much in the meantime. Absolutely crazy but a pretty likeable dog 99% of the time :lol:

Image

Image

Image
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Official Pets Discussion Thread
by Pedz » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:37 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:Is it something that needs sorting asap? Or can it wait while you explore other avenues for getting the money together past what your insurance will cover? If its not causing him any pain then is there any other downsides to waiting while you get the money together?


He's not in pain, but the longer it's left the more chance of him losing his eyesight or eyes. Also increases the chances of complications when operated on, which could lead to blindness, or other problems which could then lead into more surgery. Going to start phoning different vets as well, the one we went to said I'd have to see a specialist in Bristol. I don't drive and I am not taking the dog on a train from near Cardiff to Bristol. So, going to find out of there's something more local.

ImageImage
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: The Official Pets Discussion Thread
by Robbo-92 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:30 pm

Pedz wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:Is it something that needs sorting asap? Or can it wait while you explore other avenues for getting the money together past what your insurance will cover? If its not causing him any pain then is there any other downsides to waiting while you get the money together?


He's not in pain, but the longer it's left the more chance of him losing his eyesight or eyes. Also increases the chances of complications when operated on, which could lead to blindness, or other problems which could then lead into more surgery. Going to start phoning different vets as well, the one we went to said I'd have to see a specialist in Bristol. I don't drive and I am not taking the dog on a train from near Cardiff to Bristol. So, going to find out of there's something more local.


Hope one of the more local vets can help him (and yourself) out then.

Image

Image
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Official Pets Discussion Thread
by Pedz » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:23 pm

Cheers.

ImageImage

Return to “Stuff”