The Star Trek Thread

Fed up talking videogames? Why?

Who is the best Star Trek captain?

Poll ended at Tue May 01, 2012 1:22 pm

James Tiberius Kirk
3
14%
Jean-Luc Picard
15
68%
Benjamin Lafayette Sisko
2
9%
Kathryn Janeway
2
9%
Jonathan Beckett Archer
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 22
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Star Trek Thread
by Hexx » Tue May 01, 2012 2:45 pm

I know. I Khan't believe it either.

User avatar
Winckle
Technician
Joined in 2008
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: The Star Trek Thread
by Winckle » Tue May 01, 2012 2:47 pm

Eighthours wrote:
Zartan wrote:No they wont, as the new Film series is all about turning old characters into extreme hyper charged versions of their original selves. So on that note Kahn will now be a giant cyborg with plastic pecs, and shooting lasers out of his eyes. He will no doubt be from the great robot war of 2065

Sorry I do not approve of them re-using Kahn


How can anyone misspell Khan? :(

It must be genetic.

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: The Star Trek Thread
by Squinty » Tue May 01, 2012 3:13 pm

Eighthours wrote:
Zartan wrote:No they wont, as the new Film series is all about turning old characters into extreme hyper charged versions of their original selves. So on that note Kahn will now be a giant cyborg with plastic pecs, and shooting lasers out of his eyes. He will no doubt be from the great robot war of 2065

Sorry I do not approve of them re-using Kahn


How can anyone misspell Khan? :(


He should be Buried alive........Buried alive.......

User avatar
Eighthours
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol

PostRe: The Star Trek Thread
by Eighthours » Tue May 01, 2012 4:54 pm

Dr Cottle wrote:
Eighthours wrote:
Zartan wrote:No they wont, as the new Film series is all about turning old characters into extreme hyper charged versions of their original selves. So on that note Kahn will now be a giant cyborg with plastic pecs, and shooting lasers out of his eyes. He will no doubt be from the great robot war of 2065

Sorry I do not approve of them re-using Kahn


How can anyone misspell Khan? :(


He should be Buried alive........Buried alive.......


With only the content of these... cargo baaaaaaaaays... to sustain him.

User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: The Star Trek Thread
by Lagamorph » Tue May 01, 2012 7:37 pm

I'm wondering how they're going to work this into a 2 hour film. Wrath of Khan had the advantage of the back story and setup being already done in an episode, so they could just gloss over everything. In the new movie timeline though, Khan's sleeper ship will still be adrift. Are they going to focus entirely on the whole Khan taking over the Enterprise part and make the entire movie about that with Khan being marooned at the end? I can't see how they can work in the Wrath of Khan elements though since it would take a 20 year or so timeskip halfway through the film.

I suppose the only alternative I can think of is a combination of the lot. A different ship comes across Khan, Khan takes over that ship, learns about some new super weapon and goes to take it with the Enterprise sent to stop them. Of course that will mean there hasn't been 20 years of hate for Kirk bubbling inside of Khan...which is what made Wrath of Khan so brilliant.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Star Trek Thread
by Peter Crisp » Tue May 01, 2012 10:51 pm

Eighthours wrote:
Dr Cottle wrote:
Eighthours wrote:
Zartan wrote:No they wont, as the new Film series is all about turning old characters into extreme hyper charged versions of their original selves. So on that note Kahn will now be a giant cyborg with plastic pecs, and shooting lasers out of his eyes. He will no doubt be from the great robot war of 2065

Sorry I do not approve of them re-using Kahn


How can anyone misspell Khan? :(


He should be Buried alive........Buried alive.......


With only the content of these... cargo baaaaaaaaays... to sustain him.


I always wondered about this as the cargo bays on enterprise always seemed massive and lets assume Khan as a super villain also has a large ship he could have had his cargo bays stuffed with enough food for him to become a fat couch potato while watching the few hundred years of TV and films in the ships archives.
Obviously if Kirk had turned up and the first thing Khan did was start telling him how fantastic The Wire was and how he really didn't like the ending of Battlestar Galactica it would have made for a less intense thrillride but it would have been interesting nonetheless.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Wherever you want me to be, baby

PostRe: The Star Trek Thread
by Somebody Else's Problem » Wed May 02, 2012 10:23 am

Peter Crisp wrote:I always wondered about this as the cargo bays on enterprise always seemed massive and lets assume Khan as a super villain also has a large ship he could have had his cargo bays stuffed with enough food for him to become a fat couch potato while watching the few hundred years of TV and films in the ships archives.
Obviously if Kirk had turned up and the first thing Khan did was start telling him how fantastic The Wire was and how he really didn't like the ending of Battlestar Galactica it would have made for a less intense thrillride but it would have been interesting nonetheless.


I for one would have been impressed, as the film came out way before The Wire and Battlestar Galactica were made.

Image
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Star Trek Thread
by Peter Crisp » Wed May 02, 2012 10:44 am

Somebody Else's Problem wrote:
Peter Crisp wrote:I always wondered about this as the cargo bays on enterprise always seemed massive and lets assume Khan as a super villain also has a large ship he could have had his cargo bays stuffed with enough food for him to become a fat couch potato while watching the few hundred years of TV and films in the ships archives.
Obviously if Kirk had turned up and the first thing Khan did was start telling him how fantastic The Wire was and how he really didn't like the ending of Battlestar Galactica it would have made for a less intense thrillride but it would have been interesting nonetheless.


I for one would have been impressed, as the film came out way before The Wire and Battlestar Galactica were made.


But it's a future documentary and although people would have been confused at the time they would have worked it out in just a few decades.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Eighthours
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol

PostRe: The Star Trek Thread
by Eighthours » Wed May 02, 2012 10:57 am

Peter Crisp wrote:
Somebody Else's Problem wrote:
Peter Crisp wrote:I always wondered about this as the cargo bays on enterprise always seemed massive and lets assume Khan as a super villain also has a large ship he could have had his cargo bays stuffed with enough food for him to become a fat couch potato while watching the few hundred years of TV and films in the ships archives.
Obviously if Kirk had turned up and the first thing Khan did was start telling him how fantastic The Wire was and how he really didn't like the ending of Battlestar Galactica it would have made for a less intense thrillride but it would have been interesting nonetheless.


I for one would have been impressed, as the film came out way before The Wire and Battlestar Galactica were made.


But it's a future documentary and although people would have been confused at the time they would have worked it out in just a few decades.


Predictions of the future are awesomely inaccurate. Remember how the start of Back To The Future 2 is set in THREE YEARS' TIME!

http://www.11points.com/Movies/11_Predi ... _Got_Wrong

http://www.11points.com/movies/11_predi ... _got_right

I hope they update this!

User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Star Trek Thread
by Tafdolphin » Wed May 02, 2012 11:24 am

They got the bit about 3D movies right.

Night Call: a game what I worked on. Out now!
t: @Tafdolphin | Twitch: Tafdolphin
User avatar
mic
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: I'm on my way...

PostRe: The Star Trek Thread
by mic » Wed May 02, 2012 3:55 pm

Exactly - I'm sure everything else'll be spot on too... once we get the hoverboards, flying cars, tiny-instant-pizzas-that-grow-by-a-factor-of-10, and massive fake-looking breasts.

User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Star Trek Thread
by Hexx » Thu May 03, 2012 10:11 pm


User avatar
Eighthours
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol

PostRe: The Star Trek Thread
by Eighthours » Fri May 04, 2012 11:05 am

Hexx wrote:http://io9.com/5886955/and-now-15-minutes-of-worfs-ideas-getting-shot-down-by-everyone-on-the-next-generation

:lol:


:lol: :lol: :lol:

Is there a video of all the times Worf got beaten up or missed with his phaser? Seems that the main way a bad guy was shown to be HELLA TOUGH was for him to go up against Worf and cream him. :D

User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Star Trek Thread
by Ad7 » Fri May 04, 2012 11:09 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: strawberry floating hell, poor Worf!

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Star Trek Thread
by Hexx » Fri May 04, 2012 11:23 am

Eighthours wrote:
Hexx wrote:http://io9.com/5886955/and-now-15-minutes-of-worfs-ideas-getting-shot-down-by-everyone-on-the-next-generation

:lol:


:lol: :lol: :lol:

Is there a video of all the times Worf got beaten up or missed with his phaser? Seems that the main way a bad guy was shown to be HELLA TOUGH was for him to go up against Worf and cream him. :D


http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... WorfEffect


User avatar
Eighthours
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol

PostRe: The Star Trek Thread
by Eighthours » Fri May 04, 2012 1:31 pm

Hexx wrote:
Eighthours wrote:
Hexx wrote:http://io9.com/5886955/and-now-15-minutes-of-worfs-ideas-getting-shot-down-by-everyone-on-the-next-generation

:lol:


:lol: :lol: :lol:

Is there a video of all the times Worf got beaten up or missed with his phaser? Seems that the main way a bad guy was shown to be HELLA TOUGH was for him to go up against Worf and cream him. :D


http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... WorfEffect



AWESOME. 8-)

HSH28
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Star Trek Thread
by HSH28 » Fri May 04, 2012 3:35 pm

Tafdolphin wrote:They got the bit about 3D movies right.


No they didn't.

In BttF 2 the 3D is hologram based.

User avatar
gaminglegend
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: North East, UK

PostRe: The Star Trek Thread
by gaminglegend » Fri May 04, 2012 5:47 pm

Eighthours wrote:
Hexx wrote:
Eighthours wrote:
Hexx wrote:http://io9.com/5886955/and-now-15-minutes-of-worfs-ideas-getting-shot-down-by-everyone-on-the-next-generation

:lol:


:lol: :lol: :lol:

Is there a video of all the times Worf got beaten up or missed with his phaser? Seems that the main way a bad guy was shown to be HELLA TOUGH was for him to go up against Worf and cream him. :D


http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... WorfEffect



AWESOME. 8-)

:lol: :lol: Silly Klingon

Image
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: The Star Trek Thread
by Lagamorph » Fri May 04, 2012 6:02 pm

Good god Worf sucks :fp:
He must be the only person in Trek who takes off a redshirt and ends up worse off than he was before.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Star Trek Thread
by Ad7 » Wed May 09, 2012 12:25 pm

The mrs is out tonight...which means....

I get to watch that Shatner captains film :fp: :lol:

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Benzin, Edd, Garth, Google [Bot], Jezo, Lagamorph, Lex-Man, massimo, Monkey Man, Photek, Poser, Preezy, Rax, Tafdolphin, Tineash and 54 guests