The Star Trek Thread

Fed up talking videogames? Why?

Who is the best Star Trek captain?

Poll ended at Tue May 01, 2012 1:22 pm

James Tiberius Kirk
3
14%
Jean-Luc Picard
15
68%
Benjamin Lafayette Sisko
2
9%
Kathryn Janeway
2
9%
Jonathan Beckett Archer
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 22
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Star Trek Thread
by Peter Crisp » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:07 pm

Jenuall wrote:Ugh, strawberry floating Barclay's turned up now. :dread:


Are you insane? Barclay is great :x .

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: The Star Trek Thread
by Lagamorph » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:14 pm

Barclay is exactly the horny perverted bastard we would all be in that situation and you all know it.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Star Trek Thread
by Peter Crisp » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:48 pm

Lagamorph wrote:Barclay is exactly the horny perverted bastard we would all be in that situation and you all know it.


Exactly. He has access to a holodeck that can create anything he desires I'm pretty sure his stuff is mild compared to the freaky gooseberry fool that some of the crew indulge in.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula

PostRe: The Star Trek Thread
by Jenuall » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:57 am

Good point!

Riker's outrage that someone would recreate members of the crew on the holodeck like this was clearly coming from a more personal space than he would let on. "how dare you do this Barclay! Only I, the great commander Riker, get to program versions of the female crew to fawn all over me!"

Image
User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: The Star Trek Thread
by Somebody Else's Problem » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:35 am

We all know that Starfleet employ a special clean-up crew especially for after Riker has used the holodeck.

Image
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: The Star Trek Thread
by Squinty » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:45 am

Or Picard, playing with his Moby Dick holodeck program :datass:

User avatar
Lex-Man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The Star Trek Thread
by Lex-Man » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:50 am

Squinty wrote:Or Picard, playing with his Moby Dick holodeck program :datass:


Id love an episode where Picard kills a whale and spends the whole episode getting the oil out. It'd just be the grimmest WTF episode ever.

Amusement under late capitalism is the prolongation of work.
User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: The Star Trek Thread
by Somebody Else's Problem » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:54 am

Lex-Man wrote:
Squinty wrote:Or Picard, playing with his Moby Dick holodeck program :datass:


Id love an episode where Picard kills a whale and spends the whole episode getting the oil out. It'd just be the grimmest WTF episode ever.


Like the anti- "Voyage Home"

Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula

PostRe: The Star Trek Thread
by Jenuall » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:21 pm

Just watched The Best of Both World's two partner. Damn that's still some good television :datass:

Image
User avatar
Lex-Man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The Star Trek Thread
by Lex-Man » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:25 pm

I just watched the season 4 episode where Noonien Soong summons Data.

That was a really good one. Data doesn't mention Lore to any of the Enterprise crew which I thought was funny.

Amusement under late capitalism is the prolongation of work.
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Star Trek Thread
by Peter Crisp » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:33 pm

Jenuall wrote:Just watched The Best of Both World's two partner. Damn that's still some good television :datass:


That was back when the Borg were a force to be reckoned with and used super sparingly.
That's how they should have stayed as the mysterious all powerful bad guys who just pop up and cause absolute carnage and then are gone again and the Federation has to try and scrounge together massive fleets at the mere sight of a single cube :wub: .

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula

PostRe: The Star Trek Thread
by Jenuall » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:02 am

Peter Crisp wrote:
Jenuall wrote:Just watched The Best of Both World's two partner. Damn that's still some good television :datass:


That was back when the Borg were a force to be reckoned with and used super sparingly.
That's how they should have stayed as the mysterious all powerful bad guys who just pop up and cause absolute carnage and then are gone again and the Federation has to try and scrounge together massive fleets at the mere sight of a single cube :wub: .

Agreed, the Borg were definitely a case of diminishing returns.

Image
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: The Star Trek Thread
by Squinty » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:29 pm

The episode after Best of Both World's is great in a very understated way.

Watched that Night Terrors episode again. Love that one. It manages to be unsettling as strawberry float, and it has a really nice idea behind it which is resolved in a cool way (the circling moon thing I mean).

User avatar
MrBrown
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Stephen_Hitman_Brown
Location: Dundee...again.

PostRe: The Star Trek Thread
by MrBrown » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:35 am

Still freaks me out when crusher is performing autopsies and they all sit up.

_____________________
Stoke me a Clipper, I'll be back for Christmas.
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: The Star Trek Thread
by Squinty » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:29 am

MrBrown wrote:Still freaks me out when crusher is performing autopsies and they all sit up.


That's exactly the scene that unsettled me! Crusher is a complete boss during it, to be fair to her.

User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: The Star Trek Thread
by Lagamorph » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:32 pm

As background I've had on the episode of TNG where Data was considering dating someone and other people were advising him to think about it carefully, consider her feelings, etc, but when Data went to see Riker he was just basically "strawberry float yeah, she's hot dude!"

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Memento Mori
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: The Star Trek Thread
by Memento Mori » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:35 pm

Lagamorph wrote:As background I've had on the episode of TNG where Data was considering dating someone and other people were advising him to think about it carefully, consider her feelings, etc, but when Data went to see Riker he was just basically "strawberry float yeah, she's hot dude!"

Image

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula

PostRe: The Star Trek Thread
by Jenuall » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:54 pm

:lol:

This reminds me, I need to crack on with my TNG watch!

Image
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: The Star Trek Thread
by Squinty » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:41 pm

Lagamorph wrote:As background I've had on the episode of TNG where Data was considering dating someone and other people were advising him to think about it carefully, consider her feelings, etc, but when Data went to see Riker he was just basically "strawberry float yeah, she's hot dude!"


I watched this one the other day. The last scene broke my strawberry floating heart.

User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: The Star Trek Thread
by Lagamorph » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:52 pm

Squinty wrote:
Lagamorph wrote:As background I've had on the episode of TNG where Data was considering dating someone and other people were advising him to think about it carefully, consider her feelings, etc, but when Data went to see Riker he was just basically "strawberry float yeah, she's hot dude!"


I watched this one the other day. The last scene broke my strawberry floating heart.

I'm sure Riker was literally around the corner ready to comfort her.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Buffalo, kerr9000, MSN [Bot] and 30 guests