The Star Trek Thread

Fed up talking videogames? Why?

What is the best Star Trek series (2020 version of poll)?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:46 pm

The Original Series
1
7%
Next Generation
7
50%
Deep Space 9
3
21%
Voyager
2
14%
Enterprise
0
No votes
Discovery
1
7%
Picard
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 14
User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: The Star Trek Thread
by Somebody Else's Problem » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:48 pm

Winckle wrote:
Somebody Else's Problem wrote:
Peter Crisp wrote:The thing is when you think about it The Enterprise would be filled with the best of the best from Earth.
It's the flagship so should be the pinnacle for anyone with any interest in working in space.


Bit racist there, Peter.

"Human rights, the very name is racist!"


We need breathing room!

Image
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: The Star Trek Thread
by Squinty » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:20 pm

I can't believe Peter Crisp is a space racist :dread:

Dude needs to go to the TOS mirror universe and adopt an evil goatee already ;)

User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Star Trek Thread
by Peter Crisp » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:18 pm

Squinty wrote:I can't believe Peter Crisp is a space racist :dread:

Dude needs to go to the TOS mirror universe and adopt an evil goatee already ;)


I'd quite like to go to the Mirror Universe just to see what my evil twin is up to.
If he's as lazy as me it won't be all that evil though :shifty: .
Maybe a bit of light bank fraud or something as I can't see myself as a kingpin drugs baron or running guns for the Yakuza.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Star Trek Thread
by Victor Mildew » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:36 am

I was putting some speaker stands together the other night so just put some random tv on, and what was starting but TNG "the measure of a man" :toot: I must have seen it back in the day but I don't remember it.

Wow it was so good, superb performances all round. When data makes Picard realise he's not property :wub: Picard kicking and and taking names. So good.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: The Star Trek Thread
by Somebody Else's Problem » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:15 am

Victor Mildew wrote:I was putting some speaker stands together the other night so just put some random tv on, and what was starting but TNG "the measure of a man" :toot: I must have seen it back in the day but I don't remember it.

Wow it was so good, superb performances all round. When data makes Picard realise he's not property :wub: Picard kicking and and taking names. So good.


The first truly great TNG episode, IMO.

Image
User avatar
Lex-Man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The Star Trek Thread
by Lex-Man » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:00 pm

Somebody Else's Problem wrote:
Victor Mildew wrote:I was putting some speaker stands together the other night so just put some random tv on, and what was starting but TNG "the measure of a man" :toot: I must have seen it back in the day but I don't remember it.

Wow it was so good, superb performances all round. When data makes Picard realise he's not property :wub: Picard kicking and and taking names. So good.


The first truly great TNG episode, IMO.


Arguably the best TNG episode.

Amusement under late capitalism is the prolongation of work.
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Star Trek Thread
by Victor Mildew » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:13 pm

Oh yeah, I just remembered when Picard was asking data about his personal items, and he had the Hologram of Tasha.

"What is this?"

"I promised not to tell"

"I don't think Tasha would mind" :)

"We were intimate"

.... :dread: No further questions

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: The Star Trek Thread
by Cheeky Devlin » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:23 pm

Went back to TOS after a break and just watched the episode "Space Seed".

Khaaaan/10

Top stuff.

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
AYAMMM 2020 is coming..... Hit The Switch
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: The Star Trek Thread
by Jenuall » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:46 pm

I’m on to the start of S7 of TNG now, will post some individual episode thoughts when I get a chance but it’s been a solid ride through season 6 for the most part.

I was tempted to start interleaving TNG and DS9 in line with how it was originally broadcast but decided to just stick to one show at a time. Already feeling the absence of Chief O’Brien :(

Image
User avatar
Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Star Trek Thread
by Cuttooth » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:40 pm



If my eyes have to be defiled then so do all of yours. :dread:

Is this better or worse than the Mutant Tom Paris figurine?

User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: The Star Trek Thread
by Somebody Else's Problem » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:44 pm

Cuttooth wrote:


That has been causing quite a stir in the particular corner of Star Trek Twitter that I inhabit.

Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: The Star Trek Thread
by Jenuall » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:46 pm

First Intimacy sounds like the porm parody of First Contact!

Image

Return to “Stuff”