The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Moggy » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:44 am

Mafro wrote:Oh my god can they strawberry float off with the Clone Wars-era spin offs and do something else?


https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/upcoming- ... rs-movies/

Image
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by DarkRula » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:47 am

Bad Batch is a sequel set after Order 66, showing the galaxy's transition from Republic to Empire through the clones who fought the war to defend that Republic. Unfortunately, that focus seems mainly placed on a squad of clones who could - removing the Star Wars from the name - be the A-Team in SPACE! As cliché as it is to say it, give me Delta Squad. Give me a squad who exist within the Empire to experience first-hand that change, except they're the ones who execute that change.

Ah, I'm sure Bad Batch will be good from the little we know of it. If we're finally getting some dark times action this close to Order 66, it should be good.

Image
Image
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Robbo-92 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:47 pm

I’d heard the last 4 episodes of The Clone Wars were good, wasn’t expecting them to be that good though! Thought they were superb! Rebels will be up next, it’d have to go some to match the ending of The Clone Wars though.

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by DarkRula » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:04 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:I’d heard the last 4 episodes of The Clone Wars were good, wasn’t expecting them to be that good though! Thought they were superb! Rebels will be up next, it’d have to go some to match the ending of The Clone Wars though.


Oh, that final arc was something, alright. I think with Rebels, if you're invested in the characters as much as with those of The Clone Wars, you'll find that come season 4, there might be a few things to match it. Or at least that get close.

Image
Image
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Robbo-92 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:45 pm

DarkRula wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:I’d heard the last 4 episodes of The Clone Wars were good, wasn’t expecting them to be that good though! Thought they were superb! Rebels will be up next, it’d have to go some to match the ending of The Clone Wars though.


Oh, that final arc was something, alright. I think with Rebels, if you're invested in the characters as much as with those of The Clone Wars, you'll find that come season 4, there might be a few things to match it. Or at least that get close.


Well I’ve already seen a few bits and bobs about what happens at some points in Rebels, namely just a couple of duels between popular characters though which sound pretty cool. I’ll be making a start on Rebels tomorrow, although I’m very, very tempted to give the last 4 episodes of The Clone Wars another watch first.

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by DarkRula » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:01 pm

I know the feeling.

Image
Image
User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Alvin Flummux » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:05 pm

Rebels gets Clone Wars good during the second season, I think. The shorts on Disney+, set before the main show, are all pretty fun as well.

User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Robbo-92 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:36 pm

First episode of Rebels is really good, this is looking very promising already! Does it have any poor story arcs like Clone Wars did? Majority of Clone Wars was really good but a couple of the story arcs were pretty poor, the opening one of season 4 taking the crown in this regard for myself.

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by DarkRula » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:40 pm

There's a few episodes of season 3 that might fall a bit flat, but I don't think anything would reach the lows of The Clone Wars. Although, such is really defined by what you consider poor.

Image
Image
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Robbo-92 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:41 pm

Lowest point of Clone Wars was the opening arc of series 4 for myself.

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Denster
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Denster » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:20 am

Finally rewatching rise of sky walker. Just to confirm that's its as awful as I remember.
Its a got a sprinkle of cool bits but it's shockingly bad.

Like a huge foul smelling turd that's been rolled in glitter.

Just had the chewie death fakeout with the ludicrous force powers.

strawberry floating appalling.

Get the kite, Beavis.
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Victor Mildew » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:26 am

Denster wrote:Finally rewatching rise of sky walker. Just to confirm that's its as awful as I remember.
Its a got a sprinkle of cool bits but it's shockingly bad.

Like a huge foul smelling turd that's been rolled in glitter.

Just had the chewie death fakeout with the ludicrous force powers.

strawberry floating appalling.


Oh cool, it's the Knights of Ren!

* the Knights stand in a circle beside a 2nd spaceship that nobody spotted for some reason*

Oh.

And that whole bit, they're being pursued, yet they just stand beside the heroes and then let them walk/fly off.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Jenuall » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:18 am

I've yet to manage a rewatch of Rise, just can't bring myself to do it.

Image
User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Return_of_the_STAR » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:35 am

Victor Mildew wrote:
Denster wrote:Finally rewatching rise of sky walker. Just to confirm that's its as awful as I remember.
Its a got a sprinkle of cool bits but it's shockingly bad.

Like a huge foul smelling turd that's been rolled in glitter.

Just had the chewie death fakeout with the ludicrous force powers.

strawberry floating appalling.


Oh cool, it's the Knights of Ren!

* the Knights stand in a circle beside a 2nd spaceship that nobody spotted for some reason*

Oh.

And that whole bit, they're being pursued, yet they just stand beside the heroes and then let them walk/fly off.


Those scenes felt like they just couldn’t be bothered or hadn’t made their mind up on how the scenes would play out and just left them and moved on.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Moggy » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:44 am

It's so weird that Disney had no overall plan, especially after the success of the Marvel movies.

Force Awakens set up a franchise, Last Jedi overwrote it all and then Rise just shat over everything. Quite amazing really that a company like Disney could get it so wrong.

Image
User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Frank » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:25 pm

Just seen that they're doing a Lego Star Wars Holiday Special in November. Hype :toot:

Shame the Lego shows are non-canon, though.

Image
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Robbo-92 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:36 pm

I just want the Skywalker Saga Lego game please, fingers crossed a Lego Christmas special might tie in with the release of it though?

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by DarkRula » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:20 pm

Oh, ace. Another LEGO special. Those are always fun to watch, so I'll be expectantly waiting for it.

The Skywalker Saga isn't going to see any news until the cancelled date they were meant to have their conference at Celebration, I'm pretty certain in saying. If we don't see anything in the next week, that's got to be why.

Image
Image

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: floydfreak, Kanbei, Lex-Man, Minty14, PJ, Rich, RichardUK, SillySprout, Squinty, Ste, The Watching Artist and 181 guests