The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Gemini73 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:00 pm

Venom wrote:Come on people, why does every discussion have to deteriorate into antifa-leftist cucklords vs alt-right-fascist edgelords?



Because Taf. In fact, I think that him being unable to insert then derail the Greedfall thread with his 'politics' still smarts somewhat.

But yes, less left Vs right of real world politics and more Star Wars.

However, I do like the mental gymnastics on display here:

"This guy didn't like Into the Spiderverse. We're right about the new trilogy and everyone else is wrong. Na-na!"(sticks out tongue)

:lol:

User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Tafdolphin » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:10 pm

Gemini73 wrote:
Venom wrote:Come on people, why does every discussion have to deteriorate into antifa-leftist cucklords vs alt-right-fascist edgelords?



Because Taf. In fact, I think that him being unable to insert then derail the Greedfall thread with his 'politics' still smarts somewhat.

But yes, less left Vs right of real world politics and more Star Wars.


Please, please try to stop taking a difference of opinion so personally. You posted an opinion I found terrible and you took it as a personal slight.

That's not how discussion boards work.

And please. Let's forgo the DM in an hour or so apologising for getting heated. Just...try not to get heated? You're a decent poster when you're not going batshit after someone tells you your opinions aren't objectively correct.

Night Call: a game what I worked on. Out now!
t: @Tafdolphin | Twitch: Tafdolphin
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Gemini73 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:19 pm

I'm not getting heated. :lol:

And you're a fine one to be berating anyone for 'going batshit' when their opinions aren't agreed by the entire forum. Surprised you haven't requested a thread ban yet. That's your usual trick.

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: 40 light-years outside of the buttermilk nebula

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Jenuall » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:33 pm

I never knew the trick to taking the high ground was to find a random, dubious, widely maligned internet source that shares your view point and then you can apparently deflect any debate against it!

Perhaps Anakin should have tried that on Mustafar and things might have ended differently! ;)

Image
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Gemini73 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:37 pm

;)

Image

User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Pedz » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:41 pm

But what really bothered me was when the PC box-checking began. You could practically hear everyone in the writer’s room being bullied by the future Twitter Mob, who would assuredly tear the movie to pieces if representation wasn’t exactly equal. “If his parents are both black, we miss out on representing another race.” “What if we make his mother Puerto Rican then!?” “That’s a great idea!” “We don’t have any Asian representation.” “What if we bring in an anime character?” “Perfect!” “I don’t feel like there are enough women in this movie.” “What if, instead of Doc Ock being a man… we made him a woman!!?” “Holy gooseberry fool! Why didn’t I think of that??”


Err, this is what the Ultimate Universe is. Green Goblin's a big mutant strawberry floating Goblin, not a man in a mask, I don't think that was done to score points with the thing under the bed...
Peni Parker is in another Comic. Like Spider-Man Noirs Peter Parker is from a different comic. I don't get this.

It's genuinely laughable.

Image
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Gemini73 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:43 pm

I quite like Willem Dafoe's take on Goblin

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: 40 light-years outside of the buttermilk nebula

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Jenuall » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:44 pm

Outrage for the sake of outrage. It's a voice screaming at something it doesn't understand because it operates outside the boundaries of what they believe it should.

Image
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Pedz » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:44 pm

I hated the Spider-Man films from back then. Well, the first 2, didn't bother with 3.

Image
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Pedz » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:47 pm

The simple point is the Doc Ock in the Ultimate Universe where Miles Morales is from is a woman. Miles Morales Parents in the Ultimate Universe are both from different ethnicities. It makes sense when the Spider-Verse film is based on Ultimate Spider-Man Comics. The guy either has no clue or is shouting faux rage for either bullshit reason's or he has genuine issues with inclusivity either are gooseberry fool reasons.

Image
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Gemini73 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:48 pm

Pedz wrote:I hated the Spider-Man films from back then. Well, the first 2, didn't bother with 3.


Oh I quite liked them. Third was the worst though.

User avatar
Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Cuttooth » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:57 pm

Gemini73 wrote:But yes, less left Vs right of real world politics and more Star Wars.

Star Wars is an allegory for the Vietnam War.

Pedz wrote:
But what really bothered me was when the PC box-checking began. You could practically hear everyone in the writer’s room being bullied by the future Twitter Mob, who would assuredly tear the movie to pieces if representation wasn’t exactly equal. “If his parents are both black, we miss out on representing another race.” “What if we make his mother Puerto Rican then!?” “That’s a great idea!” “We don’t have any Asian representation.” “What if we bring in an anime character?” “Perfect!” “I don’t feel like there are enough women in this movie.” “What if, instead of Doc Ock being a man… we made him a woman!!?” “Holy gooseberry fool! Why didn’t I think of that??”


Err, this is what the Ultimate Universe is. Green Goblin's a big mutant strawberry floating Goblin, not a man in a mask, I don't think that was done to score points with the thing under the bed...
Peni Parker is in another Comic. Like Spider-Man Noirs Peter Parker is from a different comic. I don't get this.

It's genuinely laughable.

He sounds like a bit of Spider-Man tourist. Doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.

Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Gemini73 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:08 pm

I'm a Marvel tourist.

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Preezy » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:11 pm

Get that stinky Spider-Man talk out of the Star Wars thread you geeklords.

User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Pedz » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:23 pm

Why? It's more interesting than the same gooseberry fool about how good or bad TLJ is and how every strawberry floating time it's mentioned there's a big strawberry floating argument.

Image
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Pedz » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:25 pm

P.S.

Ignore the thread title :shifty:

Image
User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Return_of_the_STAR » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:28 pm

Just had a quick look through the thread and I'm assuming that they've now joined the MCU and Stars Wars universes into one? I look forward to seeing captain marvel take on palpatine.

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: 40 light-years outside of the buttermilk nebula

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Jenuall » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:29 pm

Return_of_the_STAR wrote:Just had a quick look through the thread and I'm assuming that they've now joined the MCU and Stars Wars universes into one? I look forward to seeing captain marvel take on palpatine.

Has that happened before in something that Spielberg or Lucas have done? Because if so then I'm sure JJ is working his way round to copying it soon enough! ;)

Image
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Gemini73 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:37 pm

Return_of_the_STAR wrote: I look forward to seeing captain marvel take on palpatine.


Captain Marvel would win that fight hands down because she's a guurrl :slol:

User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Pedz » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:39 pm

What about the DC Captain Marvel?

Image

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: abcd, Albear, Alvin Flummux, Blue Eyes, Cuttooth, floydfreak, Garth, Google [Bot], Kanbei, Lex-Man, LightWanderer, poshrule_uk, Preezy, satriales, Snowcannon, Somebody Else's Problem, wensleydale and 57 guests