The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Gemini73 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:43 pm

Alvin Flummux wrote:Additional spoilery thoughts (good lord this took a while!):

A Solo sequel plot could look something like this:

A couple of years have passed, and the Falcon's starting to look pretty shabby, even compared to the end of the first film. It's not ANH bad, but it's pretty bad. Solo & Chewy have adapted well to their new life on the edge of the law, working for anyone with money - mostly Jabba the Hutt, but also others, and they keep getting into scrapes, because it's them. The life isn't easy, but they make it work, together, and they are free. Ish. Qi'ra, meanwhile, under her mysterious boss's tutelage, has become a formidable crime boss in her own right.

One day, Qi'ra runs into the duo "by chance," (totally not by chance really) and offer them a no-strings job for mediocre pay. Money's money and they're feeling a bit penniless, so they take it. Except that they've been grievously mislead - the target is actually valuable as hell, but it was hidden inside the original object (for to smuggle valuables, one must be sneaky) and that object gets bashed to bits in a hectic escape sequence. Anyway, the pair weren't the only ones looking for this thingy (let's say... a long lost Jedi/Sith holocron) - turns out a couple of lean mean bounty hunters (I'm thinking Boba Fett and D'harhan?) were also on its trail, and very quickly corner our heroes before they can offload it. Figuring its worth to be rather monumental, and none of them wanting to give it up, they decide to unite and demand a much larger sum, and split the take 4 ways. Qi'ra refuses, however, so they take off and find a new buyer in the core, and they all proceed to betray each other en route to the galactic capital - someone alerts their bounty hunter friends, someone else alerts an Imperial contact, someone alerts Enfys Nest and maybe Lando too, I don't know. None of them know the others' betrayal, though.

Qi'ra leads the pursuit, but Maul decides to take matters into his own hands and goes to head them off himself.

At some point, the gang figure out they're being chased, so they split up, taking identical-looking packages in different directions to throw off the pursuers, supposedly to reunite on Coruscant.

Qi'ra confronts Solo, who is saved in the midst of a gunfight by Nest's sudden appearance. Maul faces the two bounty hunters, killing their friends and, impressed by the pair's survivability, convinces them to turn on their former partners, and they all head to Coruscant to set up an ambush before the rendezvous. Maul gets called in by his master at this point, leaving the bounty hunters to their bloody business. A scene with Maul & Sidious might involve a minor Vader cameo, perhaps Tarkin, and/or cameo mentions of rebellions and whatnot, maybe a clarification of Maul's role in the Imperial order to the audience.

An Imperial fleet, hastily arranged, blocks the path to Coruscant, but Chewy gets sneaky and passes it by while it's still forming up, while Solo and Nest find themselves stuck figuring out a way past it - they eventually settle on piggybacking the Falcon on the back of a very large freighter, right in its sensor blind spot. It'll take a lot longer than they'd like, but it works.

Chewy gets planetside and confronts the bounty hunters, and they get into this big fight, which is turned on its head as that Imperial contact, never a reliable chap, leads a Stormtrooper division to the site and aims bring them all down.

D'harhan is wounded most horribly in the ensuing firefight, which sees the Imperial commander killed (or at least wounded), and both Fett and Chewy also suffer some minor injuries, but all three make it to one of their ships and escape, heading to the rendezvous site. At about this time, Maul re-emerges from his meeting and sets off in hot pursuit, while Solo and Nest are finally down to the planet's surface. The two groups swap the real item for a fake one, and the exchange goes off without a hitch, Maul arriving just a little too late, killing the mystery buyer and taking the fake object instead.

Qi'ra, who knows Solo well enough to figure the ruse out, boards his ship while the exchange weon and at gunpoint orders him to hand over the real deal when they get back. After a tense exchange, Chewy blows her legs off with his bowcaster and they lay her in a flower bed near the landing site to die in peace. Maul recovers her and she gets his hand-me-down spider legs and plots revenge. D'harhan recovers as well, and gets his badass head-mounted cannon.

Cue the threequel.



Major
Nice idea, but the trouble you have is that the timeline is off where Maul is concerned. Solo is set after the end of the Clone Wars, before Rebels and A New Hope. By this point Maul is no longer an apprentice to Sidious or is he running the Mandelorians from behind the scenes after Sidious kills his brother, Savage Opress. Maul is, for the most part, a lone gun who eventually meets his fate at the hands of Obi Wan in Rebels when Luke is still a child.

User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Alvin Flummux » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:08 pm

Gemini73 wrote:
Alvin Flummux wrote:Additional spoilery thoughts (good lord this took a while!):

A Solo sequel plot could look something like this:

A couple of years have passed, and the Falcon's starting to look pretty shabby, even compared to the end of the first film. It's not ANH bad, but it's pretty bad. Solo & Chewy have adapted well to their new life on the edge of the law, working for anyone with money - mostly Jabba the Hutt, but also others, and they keep getting into scrapes, because it's them. The life isn't easy, but they make it work, together, and they are free. Ish. Qi'ra, meanwhile, under her mysterious boss's tutelage, has become a formidable crime boss in her own right.

One day, Qi'ra runs into the duo "by chance," (totally not by chance really) and offer them a no-strings job for mediocre pay. Money's money and they're feeling a bit penniless, so they take it. Except that they've been grievously mislead - the target is actually valuable as hell, but it was hidden inside the original object (for to smuggle valuables, one must be sneaky) and that object gets bashed to bits in a hectic escape sequence. Anyway, the pair weren't the only ones looking for this thingy (let's say... a long lost Jedi/Sith holocron) - turns out a couple of lean mean bounty hunters (I'm thinking Boba Fett and D'harhan?) were also on its trail, and very quickly corner our heroes before they can offload it. Figuring its worth to be rather monumental, and none of them wanting to give it up, they decide to unite and demand a much larger sum, and split the take 4 ways. Qi'ra refuses, however, so they take off and find a new buyer in the core, and they all proceed to betray each other en route to the galactic capital - someone alerts their bounty hunter friends, someone else alerts an Imperial contact, someone alerts Enfys Nest and maybe Lando too, I don't know. None of them know the others' betrayal, though.

Qi'ra leads the pursuit, but Maul decides to take matters into his own hands and goes to head them off himself.

At some point, the gang figure out they're being chased, so they split up, taking identical-looking packages in different directions to throw off the pursuers, supposedly to reunite on Coruscant.

Qi'ra confronts Solo, who is saved in the midst of a gunfight by Nest's sudden appearance. Maul faces the two bounty hunters, killing their friends and, impressed by the pair's survivability, convinces them to turn on their former partners, and they all head to Coruscant to set up an ambush before the rendezvous. Maul gets called in by his master at this point, leaving the bounty hunters to their bloody business. A scene with Maul & Sidious might involve a minor Vader cameo, perhaps Tarkin, and/or cameo mentions of rebellions and whatnot, maybe a clarification of Maul's role in the Imperial order to the audience.

An Imperial fleet, hastily arranged, blocks the path to Coruscant, but Chewy gets sneaky and passes it by while it's still forming up, while Solo and Nest find themselves stuck figuring out a way past it - they eventually settle on piggybacking the Falcon on the back of a very large freighter, right in its sensor blind spot. It'll take a lot longer than they'd like, but it works.

Chewy gets planetside and confronts the bounty hunters, and they get into this big fight, which is turned on its head as that Imperial contact, never a reliable chap, leads a Stormtrooper division to the site and aims bring them all down.

D'harhan is wounded most horribly in the ensuing firefight, which sees the Imperial commander killed (or at least wounded), and both Fett and Chewy also suffer some minor injuries, but all three make it to one of their ships and escape, heading to the rendezvous site. At about this time, Maul re-emerges from his meeting and sets off in hot pursuit, while Solo and Nest are finally down to the planet's surface. The two groups swap the real item for a fake one, and the exchange goes off without a hitch, Maul arriving just a little too late, killing the mystery buyer and taking the fake object instead.

Qi'ra, who knows Solo well enough to figure the ruse out, boards his ship while the exchange weon and at gunpoint orders him to hand over the real deal when they get back. After a tense exchange, Chewy blows her legs off with his bowcaster and they lay her in a flower bed near the landing site to die in peace. Maul recovers her and she gets his hand-me-down spider legs and plots revenge. D'harhan recovers as well, and gets his badass head-mounted cannon.

Cue the threequel.



Major
Nice idea, but the trouble you have is that the timeline is off where Maul is concerned. Solo is set after the end of the Clone Wars, before Rebels and A New Hope. By this point Maul is no longer an apprentice to Sidious or is he running the Mandelorians from behind the scenes after Sidious kills his brother, Savage Opress. Maul is, for the most part, a lone gun who eventually meets his fate at the hands of Obi Wan in Rebels when Luke is still a child.


Spoilers
I thought Maul was pretty much Palpatine's means of exerting control over swathes of galactic organized crime? I haven't read all the books or seen Rebels though.

I get that Maul has a future beyond any movie though, which is why I didn't kill him, but I felt like maybe he should still be involved in a more meaningful way, while never actually meeting Solo.

My idea's messy and probably involves too many characters, but I think it could work.

User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Poser » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:09 pm

There's a lot of spoilers going on here, for a clearly-marked spoiler-free thread.

Image
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Pedz » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:38 pm

Poser wrote:There's a lot of spoilers going on here, for a clearly-marked spoiler-free thread.


Wankers, eh?

ImageImage
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Gemini73 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:09 pm

And highlighted accordingly as spoilers. Alvin and myself have done nothing to break the rules of this thread. If you can't resist opening them up, well that's on you.

Last edited by Gemini73 on Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Poser » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:44 am

I haven't read them, it's just that this is the safe thread for discussing Star Wars news and announcements. The only rule I can see see is the one that says no spoilers. A spoiler in a spoiler box is still a spoiler.

Why not just take the chat to the spoiler-friendly Star Wars thread?

Image
User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Monkey Man » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:47 pm


Image
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Gemini73 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:23 pm

Been watching The Clone Wars again. Up to S4. S1 is still a little dry but it quickly picks up in S2 and by S3 the ball is really rolling.

Will begin Rebels S4 as soon as I'm done with Clones.

Also been reading the Vader graphic novels which are excellent.

As for EP9? I'll watch it of course, but I'm not hyped about it at all. After TLJ I find myself increasingly indifferent toward future core movies.

User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by DarkRula » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:07 pm

This coming Celebration in April should be a big one. TV, games, and films being the major events as usual.

I can at least say the TV side of things will be good. The return of The Clones Wars is sure to do that, and the second season of Resistance is sure to be there, along with maybe a surprise or two. Games is difficult. We know of Jedi: Fallen Order, but that's about it. EA might give a tease of new content for Battlefront 2 - assuming content is still coming throughout the rest of the year. It's a bit early for a Battlefront 3, but I wouldn't say no to something else being announced.

For films it all comes down to Episode 9 and how good it appears from the trailer. There might be teases to other films in the works, but I have a feeling it'll be the weakest of the three. But it will also be the thing that opens Celebration, so it'll be the first thing we find out about. From past Celebrations, the games will come on Saturday with the TV stuff on the Friday - though with how big The Clone Wars will be I do wonder whether it will also be a Thursday event.

Either way, it'll be an enjoyable few days as always. Just under 42 days remain.

Image
Image
User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Alvin Flummux » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:27 pm

Don't forget the Mandalorian! That is almost certain to be teased too.

Battlefront 2 content is still happening. Dooku and Obi-Wan just came out, Anakin will be here later this week, new Clone appearances are incoming (armoured officers, clone scouts, more colour schemes like the 501st, etc), the big new capital ship game mode launches next month. Honestly the game is getting a lot of stuff this year, and it's getting better to play. I just wish EA would get Criterion working on a few new Starfighter Assault maps.

Battlefront 3 likely won't be announced for a while. Maybe next year, maybe the year after. Jedi: Fallen Order is taking its place in the release schedule thanks to the BF2 launch debacle.

User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by DarkRula » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:17 pm

I'd forgot about The Mandalorian. As for Battlefront 2, the content that has come has been great, and the new conquest-style mode had better not disappoint after the delays. But after March - is there more? That's what they need to be showing.

Image
Image
User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Alvin Flummux » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:49 pm

What's coming is huge for the game, so I would assume that the moment it hits, they'll tease whatever's coming afterwards. Right now, the focus is Anakin and the Chosen One crate, Clone skin revamps, lightsaber combat updates, the new Titan mode.

I'm hoping for more Clone Wars to be honest, but Rogue One content is a must too.

User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by DarkRula » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:19 am

Oh, I'd love some Rogue One maps. But I can see the content being purely Clone Wars until that era matches up with the GCW in terms of maps and heroes. Then they'll more than likely do the same with the sequel era.

Image
Image
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Gemini73 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:41 pm


User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Robbo-92 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:55 pm

Gemini73 wrote:


That’s absolutely amazing :D

Image

Image
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Gemini73 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:10 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:
Gemini73 wrote:


That’s absolutely amazing :D


I'd love to see it live.

User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Alvin Flummux » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:08 pm

DarkRula wrote:Oh, I'd love some Rogue One maps. But I can see the content being purely Clone Wars until that era matches up with the GCW in terms of maps and heroes. Then they'll more than likely do the same with the sequel era.


I want a Battle of Scarif map mode, in one of the ships in space at the end of R1, kind of a one map mode like Ewok Hunt, where you have one person playing an overpowered Vader, and the rest playing rebels, and your goal as a Rebel is to slow Vader's roll and relay race that data card, while Vader's goal obviously is to get that data.

The Chosen One update is live, by the way! All the new Clone skins are heckin cool, but I was saddened to see Clone Scouts aren't there yet. I think they're on their way but I am no longer certain.

Got that Phase II Star Corps skin for my Heavy. 8-)

Oh, and they got a new emote wheel thing going on, so players can equip like 12 now.

Looking forward to seeing that fight video later.

Oh and this piqued my interest. .


User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by DarkRula » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:07 pm

Alvin Flummux wrote:I want a Battle of Scarif map mode, in one of the ships in space at the end of R1, kind of a one map mode like Ewok Hunt, where you have one person playing an overpowered Vader, and the rest playing rebels, and your goal as a Rebel is to slow Vader's roll and relay race that data card, while Vader's goal obviously is to get that data.


That does sound a good mode to have, but I have to wonder how balanced it would be. After all, they'd need to find a way to stop the Vader player ignoring everyone and gunning straight for the data holder.

Image
Image
User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Alvin Flummux » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:27 pm

DarkRula wrote:
Alvin Flummux wrote:I want a Battle of Scarif map mode, in one of the ships in space at the end of R1, kind of a one map mode like Ewok Hunt, where you have one person playing an overpowered Vader, and the rest playing rebels, and your goal as a Rebel is to slow Vader's roll and relay race that data card, while Vader's goal obviously is to get that data.


That does sound a good mode to have, but I have to wonder how balanced it would be. After all, they'd need to find a way to stop the Vader player ignoring everyone and gunning straight for the data holder.


That's a valid issue, which I would hope could be ironed out. One possibility is that Vader won't necessarily know who has the data card until he kills them, or perhaps he senses three random players who may have it and only one does.

DICE has a lot of experience with similar modes, in Battlefront II and 2015 both. I have confidence that they could make it work.

Gemini73 wrote:


Outstanding! :o

User avatar
mcjihge2
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by mcjihge2 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:43 pm

Whats the best way to level up the new heroes? Are there any double xp events upcoming?

Xbox Live: GCE

Return to “Stuff”