The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Ad7 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:39 pm

Yeah, hope it gets cancelled amirite

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Alvin Flummux » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:15 pm

Alternate timelines are bullshit. I hope that neither it nor time travel sully my Star Wars.

User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Peter Crisp » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:43 pm

Alvin Flummux wrote:Alternate timelines are bullshit. I hope that neither it nor time travel sully my Star Wars.


Fair enough.
Where would you go from now with the series with the films not being as good as some would hope?

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Alvin Flummux » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:48 pm

Peter Crisp wrote:
Alvin Flummux wrote:Alternate timelines are bullshit. I hope that neither it nor time travel sully my Star Wars.


Fair enough.
Where would you go from now with the series with the films not being as good as some would hope?


They're absolutely as good as I've been hoping. I'm sort of interested in the Old Republic, as long as they tell new stories, and don't rehash old ones.

I would like to see a Boba Fett film, maybe Cad Bane - a rivalry film would be neat, but I don't know if Bane survived long. I think Fett killed him in an unaired, partially-made Clone Wars arc. I'm fully expecting Lucas' Force-explaining plot originally planned for VII-IX to be explored.

User avatar
Wedgie
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Wedgie » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:57 pm

Make a different main arc.

The whole Episode 1-9 is all about the Skywalker saga.

The problem is that they need a new villain force, as I doubt the Empire would suffice as it’s heavy linked to the Skywalker saga.

So something in the Old Republic or before Palpatine took up politics would work.

Or they bring Thrawn to the big screen. He’s the only Empire character we haven’t seen in the films, and in the EU he was searching for the shattered survivors of the Empire after Return of the Jedi and would make a good villain.

So no time travel or alternative timeline bullshit. It wouldn’t work.

Image

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.


Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Tomous » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:27 pm

If they were to do a new trilogy, old republic is the way I’d go. They need to wait awhile though.

Gemini73

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Gemini73 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:50 pm

They do need to end the Skywalker saga with 9 and explore new stories or look to the past, I agree. Another vote for The Old Republic here.

User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Qikz » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:57 pm

Rather than look at the past, look at the future.

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by DarkRula » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:02 pm

The only thing Star Wars needs to improve on is games. For the past near ten years, aside from Battlefront and LEGO, the only output has been mobile. I'm pretty sure this point has been discussed before, but comparing every other form of media to the previous ten years, the output has increased. The games are the only area to see a decrease.

Even if the Disney films have been poorly received by some, there's no reason to call a full reboot over it - especially as the last time that happened when Disney first took over there was an outrage by a good portion of the fanbase and the exetreme part of it are still fuming in their pots about it.

Image
Image
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Tomous » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:59 pm

DarkRula wrote:The only thing Star Wars needs to improve on is games. For the past near ten years, aside from Battlefront and LEGO, the only output has been mobile. I'm pretty sure this point has been discussed before, but comparing every other form of media to the previous ten years, the output has increased. The games are the only area to see a decrease.

Even if the Disney films have been poorly received by some, there's no reason to call a full reboot over it - especially as the last time that happened when Disney first took over there was an outrage by a good portion of the fanbase and the exetreme part of it are still fuming in their pots about it.



Well that’s down to EA now. They have the exclusive license until 2023 I believe and since 2013 have only used it to produce 2 Battlefront games.

Fallen Order looks like it has potential at least.

Last edited by Tomous on Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by DarkRula » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:33 pm

Fallen Order does indeed look a return to form, yes. I still hold to the belief that EA should have taken the reigns of 1313 and brought it to completion, along with that First Assault game, just to get something out before Battlefront. But I guess they could only start once the licence had been finalised, so it would have been even odds whether those games could have released before then.

Image
Image
User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Alvin Flummux » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:48 am

I'd love to see Thrawn brought to the big screen, he's easily the best written Imperial character, and while I don't know if he survived his Rebels arc, I really hope he did.

Gemini73

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Gemini73 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:39 pm

Tafdolphin wrote:I mean that's sort of what they did with the EU I suppose.


The EU isn't an alternate universe, it's all set within the preques timeline fleshing out said prequels and Anakin's story therein. It's only because the Clones series was cut short that it didn't tie up properly with ROTS. Rebels is a continuation of the tale prior to the events of A New Hope.

Bringing back Palpatine makes absolutely no sense given the Anakin/Vader story arc. Kennedy and co are just throwing everything they can at the new trilogy in the hope something sticks. Unless proven otherwise I've no doubt in my mind that that EP9, like TLJ, will be a mixture of tenuous links and complete twaddle.

User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Tafdolphin » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:44 pm

Gemini73 wrote:
Tafdolphin wrote:I mean that's sort of what they did with the EU I suppose.


The EU isn't an alternate universe, it's all set within the preques timeline fleshing out said prequels and Anakin's story therein. It's only because the Clones series was cut short that it didn't tie up properly with ROTS. Rebels is a continuation of the tale prior to the events of A New Hope.


Was referring to this rather than the new, canon EU stuff.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Star_Wars_Legends

Gemini73 wrote:You really are just an obnoxious little toad.

Night Call: a game what I worked on. Out now!
t: @Tafdolphin | Twitch: Tafdolphin
Gemini73

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Gemini73 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:14 pm

Tafdolphin wrote:
Gemini73 wrote:
Tafdolphin wrote:I mean that's sort of what they did with the EU I suppose.


The EU isn't an alternate universe, it's all set within the preques timeline fleshing out said prequels and Anakin's story therein. It's only because the Clones series was cut short that it didn't tie up properly with ROTS. Rebels is a continuation of the tale prior to the events of A New Hope.


Was referring to this rather than the new, canon EU stuff.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Star_Wars_Legends


Ah, I see.

User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Cheeky Devlin » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:34 pm

Gemini73 wrote:
Tafdolphin wrote:
Gemini73 wrote:
Tafdolphin wrote:I mean that's sort of what they did with the EU I suppose.


The EU isn't an alternate universe, it's all set within the preques timeline fleshing out said prequels and Anakin's story therein. It's only because the Clones series was cut short that it didn't tie up properly with ROTS. Rebels is a continuation of the tale prior to the events of A New Hope.


Was referring to this rather than the new, canon EU stuff.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Star_Wars_Legends


Ah, I see.

Still stings a bit that they just wiped all that stuff away. 25 odd years of characters and stories that no longer count.

I can understand why they had to do it, but it's still a shame.

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Moggy » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:58 pm

Peter Crisp wrote:This may be a stupid question but is it within the rules of the Star Wars universe to go down the route of Star Trek and have an alternative timeline if they decide to do a massive reboot?
It seems from what little I know that the current story (I've not seen TLJ but have seen all the other recent Star Wars films) has really gone down badly with the fans so maybe it's time they gave the franchise a rest and then decided on a new story for a reboot.

Could that work or is it a truly terrible idea?


Jar Jar Binks has force time travel. He trips over in a hilarious stunt and accidentally resets everything before the podrace. Wacky hijinks ensue.

User avatar
Venom
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: London
Contact:

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Venom » Wed May 08, 2019 12:47 am

Disney release movie schedule for the next decade. New Star Wars trilogy coming in 2022 and me Avatar quadrilogy thingy starting 2021 - alternating years so Disney ‘own’ Christmas.


Announcing an adjusted release schedule for the next few years, Disney has confirmed an as-yet untitled trio of Star Wars films will come out every other year starting in December 2022.

The Christmas schedule looks like this:

2019: Star Wars Episode 9 - The Rise of Skywalker
2020: Cruella and West Side Story
2021: Avatar 2
2022: Star Wars movie
2023: Avatar 3
2024: Star Wars movie
2025: Avatar 4
2026: Star Wars movie
2027: Avatar 5




https://www.cnet.com/news/disney-star-w ... ntil-2027/

User avatar
Wedgie
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Wedgie » Wed May 08, 2019 1:09 am

Really does anyone still give a gooseberry fool about Avatar?

Image

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.


Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: The Star Wars Thread v2 - *NO SPOILERS*
by Alvin Flummux » Wed May 08, 2019 1:10 am

The first was alright, but I have little interest in the prospect of sequels.


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dowbocop, Garth, ignition, Lex-Man, Mafro, Oblomov Boblomov, Peter Crisp, Rich and 66 guests