The Unpopular Opinion Thread

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: The Unpopular Opinion Thread
by Somebody Else's Problem » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:19 pm

Dowbocop wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Somebody Else's Problem wrote:
Dowbocop wrote:Runny fried eggs do not belong in sandwiches.


strawberry float off.


Chocolate-Milk wrote:
The Unpopular Opinion Thread

I thought it was an unpopular opinion because if you get a breakfast barm or whatever from a greasy spoon it's almost always got a runny egg. It goes down your fingers and your chin when you bite it, and it's hard enough to get dried yolk off your hands, let alone facial hair.

To clarify: runny yolks are great in almost every other egg situation where the yolk remains intact, but sandwiches should be a clean meal. If the yolk is runny enough to run down the bread then it's overdone.


You could not be more wrong. Egg banjos are the best thing.

Image
User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: The Unpopular Opinion Thread
by Oblomov Boblomov » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:51 pm

Somebody Else's Problem wrote:
Dowbocop wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Somebody Else's Problem wrote:
Dowbocop wrote:Runny fried eggs do not belong in sandwiches.


strawberry float off.


Chocolate-Milk wrote:
The Unpopular Opinion Thread

I thought it was an unpopular opinion because if you get a breakfast barm or whatever from a greasy spoon it's almost always got a runny egg. It goes down your fingers and your chin when you bite it, and it's hard enough to get dried yolk off your hands, let alone facial hair.

To clarify: runny yolks are great in almost every other egg situation where the yolk remains intact, but sandwiches should be a clean meal. If the yolk is runny enough to run down the bread then it's overdone.


You could not be more wrong. Egg banjos are the best thing.

It's hard to fault Dowbo's logic here. Don't get me wrong, runny yolks are incredible, which is what makes it so sad when they go spilling down your hands if they're in a sandwich.

Image
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: The Unpopular Opinion Thread
by Tomous » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:14 pm

The solution is to eat the sandwich with a knife and fork.

Image
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: The Unpopular Opinion Thread
by OrangeRKN » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:00 pm

It's absolutely possible to eat a sandwhich with a runny egg in it without it spilling out

Image
Image
orkn.uk - SW-6533-2461-3235 - @OrangeRakoon - ACNH Howdyfern
User avatar
PatSharpsMullet
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: PatSharpsMullet
Location: Brighton

PostRe: The Unpopular Opinion Thread
by PatSharpsMullet » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:29 pm

OrangeRKN wrote:It's absolutely possible to eat a sandwhich with a runny egg in it without it spilling out

That would depend on the size of the sandwich and the size of your mouth.

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: The Unpopular Opinion Thread
by Moggy » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:32 pm

PatSharpsMullet wrote:
OrangeRKN wrote:It's absolutely possible to eat a sandwhich with a runny egg in it without it spilling out

That would depend on the size of the sandwich and the size of your mouth.


Image

Image
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Unpopular Opinion Thread
by Victor Mildew » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:56 pm

Egg shouldn't be anywhere near a sandwich.

On toast, yes. On muffins, yes. Inside a sandwich, urgh.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Lex-Man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The Unpopular Opinion Thread
by Lex-Man » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:59 pm

I really dislike eggs and tomatoes.

Amusement under late capitalism is the prolongation of work.
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: The Unpopular Opinion Thread
by Mafro » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:37 pm

What's a "barm"?

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Chocolate-Milk
Member
Joined in 2015
AKA: Welcome to the party, pal

PostRe: The Unpopular Opinion Thread
by Chocolate-Milk » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:43 pm

Mafro wrote:What's a "barm"?

It's a regional term for a lit match near a trail of gunpowder.

Image
It was me, Dio!
User avatar
Dowbocop
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Unpopular Opinion Thread
by Dowbocop » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:53 pm

Mafro wrote:What's a "barm"?

It's a soft bread roll. It's quite flat and about 6 inches in diameter.

Whether you call it a roll or a bap/barm/whatever depends on where you live (and in my opinion what filling is in it). It's like dinner/tea but with more options.

"Egg banjo" is a new one on me though, what the gooseberry fool is that all about? :dread:

OrangeRKN wrote:It's absolutely possible to eat a sandwhich with a runny egg in it without it spilling out

It's possible, but it's also quite likely you'll end up with a chin that's stickier than a pornstar's...

User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: The Unpopular Opinion Thread
by Ironhide » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:32 pm

The trick is to cook the egg to the sweet spot between soft and hard and then it won't run into your beard/moustache.

Image
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: The Unpopular Opinion Thread
by OrangeRKN » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:41 pm

Dowbocop wrote:Whether you call it a roll or a bap/barm/whatever


Batch :capnscotty:

Image
Image
orkn.uk - SW-6533-2461-3235 - @OrangeRakoon - ACNH Howdyfern
User avatar
Tsunade
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: The Unpopular Opinion Thread
by Tsunade » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:43 pm

Cob

Image
Image
User avatar
Dual
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Stool Bloke

PostRe: The Unpopular Opinion Thread
by Dual » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:01 pm

Tsunade wrote:Cob


Cobs are for cheese and onion or ham. Usually served from the bar of a pub wrapped in cling film.

Bacon egg / sausage egg is served on a roll

User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Unpopular Opinion Thread
by Victor Mildew » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:07 pm

Image

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: mhtl
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: The Unpopular Opinion Thread
by more heat than light » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:28 pm

Tsunade wrote:Cob


o/

At least no-one's come in here yet trying to claim it's a strawberry floating breadcake.

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
Lex-Man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The Unpopular Opinion Thread
by Lex-Man » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:57 pm

more heat than light wrote:
Tsunade wrote:Cob


o/

At least no-one's come in here yet trying to claim it's a strawberry floating breadcake.


Isn't that DiCaprio's name in Inception?

Amusement under late capitalism is the prolongation of work.
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: The Unpopular Opinion Thread
by Corazon de Leon » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:56 pm

Leonardo Breadcake?

Image
User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: mhtl
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: The Unpopular Opinion Thread
by more heat than light » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:13 am

Corazon de Leon wrote:Leonardo Breadcake?


Good work, Dan was due a new username.

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!

Return to “Stuff”