The Unpopular Opinion Thread

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Zilnad
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: The Unpopular Opinion Thread
by Zilnad » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:41 am

Poser wrote:
Zilnad wrote:it's completely unnecessary in a sandwich.



The entire reason it gets put in sandwiches was born of necessity: it provides a moisture-proof layer to stop the bread going soggy. Now, of course, if you're eating your sandwich straight away and don't like butter, then fine, crack on. But if you're making it as part of a packed lunch and you're putting items such as salad and/or tomatoes in there, then you might want to consider waterproofing that bread.

#necessary


I make all my sandwiches the night before as part of a packed lunch and I've never suffered with soggy bread. 8-)

User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Unpopular Opinion Thread
by Victor Mildew » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:13 am

Zilnad wrote:Peanut butter and Marmite is where it's at. Yum!


Sesame seeds bagel, real butter, marmite and mature cheddar. strawberry floating god damn :datass:

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: The Unpopular Opinion Thread
by Poser » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:21 am

Victor Mildew wrote:
Zilnad wrote:Peanut butter and Marmite is where it's at. Yum!


Sesame seeds bagel, real butter, marmite and mature cheddar. strawberry floating god damn :datass:


Do you leave your butter at room temperature so you can spread it, or do you keep it in the fridge with the toilet roll?

Image
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Unpopular Opinion Thread
by Victor Mildew » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:27 am

Poser wrote:
Victor Mildew wrote:
Zilnad wrote:Peanut butter and Marmite is where it's at. Yum!


Sesame seeds bagel, real butter, marmite and mature cheddar. strawberry floating god damn :datass:


Do you leave your butter at room temperature so you can spread it, or do you keep it in the fridge with the toilet roll?


Usually fridge as I tend to only use real butter for that sort of thing (otherwise it's olive oil based spread). As the butter is firm, I almost shave bits off the block (context) and leave them on top of the bagel to slightly soften, then spread.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Outrunner
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Unpopular Opinion Thread
by Outrunner » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:54 am

kerr9000 wrote:If you don't want yoke on your T-shirt grow a big beard, it will act as a hanging napkin you can go to the bathroom and wash, I have a bushy grey and brown beard currently but I'm thinking of cutting it into a sort of pointy Disney villain sort of thing.



Image

User avatar
Vermilion
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: The Unpopular Opinion Thread
by Vermilion » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:31 pm

Victor Mildew wrote:I have butter with marmite because I like the taste.


Zilnad wrote:Peanut butter and Marmite is where it's at. Yum!


Both of you are a disgrace, but Zilnad is even worse because of the peanut butter.

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula

PostRe: The Unpopular Opinion Thread
by Jenuall » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:37 pm

But marmite with butter is absolute top tier food! Especially on toast - let the better just start melting in and then stick a layer of marmite on top ... perfection!

Image
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Unpopular Opinion Thread
by Pedz » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:23 pm

Jenuall wrote:
Zilnad wrote:I haven't put butter on my sandwiches since I was old enough to make my own. I've never understood the need for it. I don't mind a bit of buttered bread to mop up a nice stew or something but it's completely unnecessary in a sandwich.

I also don't understand people who have something like jam or Marmite on their toast as well as butter. Either have buttered toast or jam/Marmite. Not both!

But the taste of both jam and marmite is enhanced by the addition of butter, why wouldn't you use both?

We're not under rationing conditions these days (although I hear they should kick back in sometime this year ;) ) The game isn't "How few ingredients can I use to make a gooseberry fool sandwich?" :lol:

Also I genuinely don't think I could eat something like a ham sandwich without bread or some kind of lubricant like mayo, thing would be too damn dry otherwise!


Stop aucking so much dick and your saliva will sort out the dryness of your sandwich.

Image
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Unpopular Opinion Thread
by Pedz » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:26 pm

Victor Mildew wrote:
Poser wrote:
Victor Mildew wrote:
Zilnad wrote:Peanut butter and Marmite is where it's at. Yum!


Sesame seeds bagel, real butter, marmite and mature cheddar. strawberry floating god damn :datass:


Do you leave your butter at room temperature so you can spread it, or do you keep it in the fridge with the toilet roll?


Usually fridge as I tend to only use real butter for that sort of thing (otherwise it's olive oil based spread). As the butter is firm, I almost shave bits off the block (context) and leave them on top of the bagel to slightly soften, then spread.


Real butter in the fridge? The strawberry float! It's meant to be left out.

Image
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Unpopular Opinion Thread
by Victor Mildew » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:33 pm

Pedz wrote:
Victor Mildew wrote:
Poser wrote:
Victor Mildew wrote:
Zilnad wrote:Peanut butter and Marmite is where it's at. Yum!


Sesame seeds bagel, real butter, marmite and mature cheddar. strawberry floating god damn :datass:


Do you leave your butter at room temperature so you can spread it, or do you keep it in the fridge with the toilet roll?


Usually fridge as I tend to only use real butter for that sort of thing (otherwise it's olive oil based spread). As the butter is firm, I almost shave bits off the block (context) and leave them on top of the bagel to slightly soften, then spread.


Real butter in the fridge? The strawberry float! It's meant to be left out.


Image

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: The Unpopular Opinion Thread
by Oblomov Boblomov » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:52 pm

Butter is basically God's nectar.

Image
User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: The Unpopular Opinion Thread
by Somebody Else's Problem » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:00 pm

Dowbocop wrote:"Egg banjo" is a new one on me though, what the gooseberry fool is that all about? :dread:


It's military parlance, I apologise.

https://www.arrse.co.uk/wiki/Egg_Banjo

Image
User avatar
Vermilion
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: The Unpopular Opinion Thread
by Vermilion » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:38 pm

Pedz wrote:Stop aucking so much dick


Is 'aucking' a new fetish of some sort?

User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Unpopular Opinion Thread
by Pedz » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:45 pm

Vermilion wrote:
Pedz wrote:Stop aucking so much dick


Is 'aucking' a new fetish of some sort?


It's txt speak for sucking. S'what happens when typing on my phone :slol:

Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula

PostRe: The Unpopular Opinion Thread
by Jenuall » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:46 pm

I mean who amongst us can deny that they've aucked a few dicks in there time? ;)

Image
User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Unpopular Opinion Thread
by Knoyleo » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:01 pm

I thought it was an onomatopoeia.

User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Unpopular Opinion Thread
by Victor Mildew » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:20 pm

Jenuall wrote:I mean who amongst us can deny that they've aucked a few dicks in there time? ;)


Manny

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
mcjihge2
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Unpopular Opinion Thread
by mcjihge2 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:46 pm

PLACEHOLDER

Xbox Live: GCE
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: The Unpopular Opinion Thread
by Squinty » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:43 am

Stop sucking dick everyone. It's very rude.

User avatar
Vermilion
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: The Unpopular Opinion Thread
by Vermilion » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:38 pm

mcjihge2 wrote:PLACEHOLDER


I have no idea what is going on here.


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Neo Cortex and 39 guests