The Unpopular Opinion Thread

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: The Unpopular Opinion Thread
by Lagamorph » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:44 pm

Beetleborgs was better than Power Rangers, Masked Rider or VR Troopers ever were.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: The Unpopular Opinion Thread
by Corazon de Leon » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:50 pm

Laga, get off the forum.

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: The Unpopular Opinion Thread
by Moggy » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:54 pm

Lagamorph wrote:Beetleborgs was better than Power Rangers, Masked Rider or VR Troopers ever were.


The only one of those I’ve even heard of is Power Rangers.

Image
User avatar
Vermilion
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: The Unpopular Opinion Thread
by Vermilion » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:25 pm

Moggy wrote:
Lagamorph wrote:Beetleborgs was better than Power Rangers, Masked Rider or VR Troopers ever were.


The only one of those I’ve even heard of is Power Rangers.


...and they too were terrible.

User avatar
Lex-Man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The Unpopular Opinion Thread
by Lex-Man » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:14 pm

Vermilion wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Lagamorph wrote:Beetleborgs was better than Power Rangers, Masked Rider or VR Troopers ever were.


The only one of those I’ve even heard of is Power Rangers.


...and they too were terrible.


I think I'd ages out by the time Power Rangers came on. I remember watching it thinking this is terrible.

Amusement under late capitalism is the prolongation of work.
User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: The Unpopular Opinion Thread
by Ironhide » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:27 pm

I too was probably a little too old for Power Rangers when it first aired over here, Transformers, Thundercats and Visionaries were more my childhood era.

Image
User avatar
Lex-Man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The Unpopular Opinion Thread
by Lex-Man » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:29 pm

Yup I'm the same. Loved Transformers.

Amusement under late capitalism is the prolongation of work.
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Unpopular Opinion Thread
by Hexx » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:40 pm

Vermilion wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Lagamorph wrote:Beetleborgs was better than Power Rangers, Masked Rider or VR Troopers ever were.


The only one of those I’ve even heard of is Power Rangers.


...and they too were terrible.


:shock:

User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: The Unpopular Opinion Thread
by Robbo-92 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:39 pm

Lots of people have been telling me to watch Only Fools & Horses and I really don’t know why I’ve bothered. Was expecting a lot more from it but reckon its probably a product of its time and nostalgia at play? Few funny moments littered throughout the 3 series I’ve watched so far but no idea why its rated so highly by many.

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: The Unpopular Opinion Thread
by Corazon de Leon » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:45 pm

The extended version of the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers theme tune is legitimately incredible. Includes the lyric "They know to only use their weapons for defence," which is just amazing.

Image
User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: The Unpopular Opinion Thread
by Drumstick » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:03 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:Lots of people have been telling me to watch Only Fools & Horses and I really don’t know why I’ve bothered. Was expecting a lot more from it but reckon its probably a product of its time and nostalgia at play? Few funny moments littered throughout the 3 series I’ve watched so far but no idea why its rated so highly by many.

What seasons have you watched?

I do think it definitely is a product of its time and suffers for it to a degree, but there's still lots of laughs to be had.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: The Unpopular Opinion Thread
by Robbo-92 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:22 pm

Drumstick wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:Lots of people have been telling me to watch Only Fools & Horses and I really don’t know why I’ve bothered. Was expecting a lot more from it but reckon its probably a product of its time and nostalgia at play? Few funny moments littered throughout the 3 series I’ve watched so far but no idea why its rated so highly by many.

What seasons have you watched?

I do think it definitely is a product of its time and suffers for it to a degree, but there's still lots of laughs to be had.


Thought I’d watched all of the first 3, (watching on Netflix, so no idea if its all of the episodes or not), turns out I’ve just finished the second episode of season 3. Don’t get me wrong there is some good bits in there (I quite enjoyed one of the first few, where they were acting as a go between for an idol of sorts), just the way a lot of people go on about it I was just expecting more from it.

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Unpopular Opinion Thread
by Preezy » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:31 pm

It's from the GOOD OLD DAYS so it must automatically be amazing, like Tuberculosis and the Falklands War.

Image
User avatar
Chocolate-Milk
Member
Joined in 2015
AKA: Welcome to the party, pal

PostRe: The Unpopular Opinion Thread
by Chocolate-Milk » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:39 pm

I think most people just remember the same few good bits, and just gloss over the rest of it. The Batman & Robin costumes, the chandelier, the cellar door, etc. They're all standout moments, but the rest is average at best, with a few funny lines peppered in.

Image
It was me, Dio!
User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: The Unpopular Opinion Thread
by Drumstick » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:39 pm

The better episodes (IMO) mostly come later on, to be fair.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Chocolate-Milk
Member
Joined in 2015
AKA: Welcome to the party, pal

PostRe: The Unpopular Opinion Thread
by Chocolate-Milk » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:41 pm

I have literally no clue what the chronological order should be, I just know Albert came after Grandad.

Image
It was me, Dio!
User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: The Unpopular Opinion Thread
by Drumstick » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:50 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:...

Skip everything and watch these:

5x3 The Longest Night
5x4 Tea for Three
6x3 Chain Gang
7x3 Stage Fright

If you don't like them then don't bother, the show isn't for you.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: The Unpopular Opinion Thread
by Robbo-92 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:52 pm

Drumstick wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:...

Skip everything and watch these:

5x3 The Longest Night
5x4 Tea for Three
6x3 Chain Gang
7x3 Stage Fright

If you don't like them then don't bother, the show isn't for you.


Thanks, I’ll look fo those when I next watch some of it.

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Unpopular Opinion Thread
by Victor Mildew » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:54 pm

AND THEN TRIGGER MAKES A FACE

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Chocolate-Milk
Member
Joined in 2015
AKA: Welcome to the party, pal

PostRe: The Unpopular Opinion Thread
by Chocolate-Milk » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:56 pm

del says a wrong french word

Image
It was me, Dio!

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: massimo, Trelliz and 50 guests