The Walking Dead on AMC

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Denster
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Walking Dead on AMC
by Denster » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:14 pm

Great episode. Very harsh but great.

Get the kite, Beavis.
User avatar
RichardUK
Member
Joined in 2015
Location: Nottinghamshire & Bavaria
Contact:

PostRe: The Walking Dead on AMC
by RichardUK » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:51 pm

Really good episode, oh she’s let them go.......... oh dear

Image
Image
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'
User avatar
Senor_Coconut
Member
Joined in 2010

PostRe: The Walking Dead on AMC
by Senor_Coconut » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:18 am

Wow, that was great, shocked about
fake Carl dying, was sure it was going to be the King

User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: The Walking Dead on AMC
by Robbo-92 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:39 am

That was an amazing episode, ending wasn’t quite as shocking as I was expecting to be honest. Personally I think it’s great we’re finally starting to see another weather element thrown into the mix as well so they have to deal with the cold (although how that won’t majorly affect the whisperers I don’t know), can’t wait for the season finale next week.

Image

Image
User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: The Walking Dead on AMC
by Ironhide » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:11 pm

That was grim.

For a minute I thought it was Rosita's head on the spike instead of Tara, also was expecting Magna to get killed instead of Enid and half expected Judith to be offed as well.

The Saviours seem gentle in comparison.

Image
User avatar
Yubel
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Nowhere
Contact:

PostRe: The Walking Dead on AMC
by Yubel » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:38 pm

It is harrowing to think that the whisperers were sleuthing around the fair in disguise, kidnapping people. Just when the communities were at their peak, as far removed from everything they've endured as they'd ever been, only for that to further punctuate this latest tragedy feels awful.

Like with all episodes of this nature, you hate to see it.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Walking Dead on AMC
by Moggy » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:53 pm

90% of that episode was shite. Annoying fake Karl, that stupid fair. :fp:

But a great ending. Especially as it’s offed my least favourite character.

User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: The Walking Dead on AMC
by Ironhide » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:48 pm

I don't read the comics but obviously this happens in them in a slightly different way, if Carl is still alive when the whisperers (and Lydia) show up, does that mean it's him instead of Henry who gets killed?

If so, why on earth bother killing off Carl last season if he was going to die anyway?

Image
User avatar
Wedgie
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Walking Dead on AMC
by Wedgie » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:12 pm

Ironhide wrote:I don't read the comics but obviously this happens in them in a slightly different way, if Carl is still alive when the whisperers (and Lydia) show up, does that mean it's him instead of Henry who gets killed?

If so, why on earth bother killing off Carl last season if he was going to die anyway?



Carl didn’t get killed in the comics. He’s still alive and kicking.

Image

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.


Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Walking Dead on AMC
by Ad7 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:19 pm

That was mostly a load of badly acted gooseberry fool. The ending would have had a great impact if:

1. They hadn't spent the last few episodes giving D grade redshirt characters a "wow I can't WAIT to spend THE REST OF MY LIFE doing this WITH YOU!" "Hey yeah, what a great AND LONG life were DEFINITELY GOING TO HAVE"
2. Those were characters that you give the remotest gooseberry fool about. Cowboy bad voice acting man and his bearded sidekick. Annoying woman that doesn't do much (tara). Sabrina the teenage witch. Fake coral.

At least with the Negan baseball bat episode (which I thought was one of the best ever episodes) had a genuine impact (sorry) of a character you cared about going.


I thought Alpha creeping about the base hitman style was well done thoguh, suitably creepy.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Jam-Master Jay
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Lord Hypnos
Location: Stourbridge
Contact:

PostRe: The Walking Dead on AMC
by Jam-Master Jay » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:35 pm

Pretty much agree with Ad7. I went into that episode expecting something decent after all that viewer hype but it was just the same old shite. 90% of the cast can't act to save their life and are just sorta there wasting space.

Image
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Walking Dead on AMC
by Ad7 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:30 pm

The acting in general is so poor that it has to be down to direction. It lets so much of the show down, bits that should be sad or shocking shouldn't result in me bursting out laughing.

I think the hitman sneaking worked becuase there's a real sense of danger lurking around, which you don't get from the zombies as they're no threat at all, unless the story calls for it, in which case they go from being able to isolate and handle a group of 30 zombies, to being overwhelmed by a couple and then getting done in by a stealth one waiting just out of shot.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Denster
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Walking Dead on AMC
by Denster » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:39 am

I think you should just stop watching the show. If you're going to be that critical of a decent episode - I'm not really sure what pleasure you get from still watching it.

Get the kite, Beavis.
User avatar
Wedgie
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Walking Dead on AMC
by Wedgie » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:05 pm

It’s AD7. He takes pleasure from moaning. :slol:

Image

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.


Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Walking Dead on AMC
by Ad7 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:10 pm

Damn straight :datass:

I actually think this series has been one of the better recent ones.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: The Walking Dead on AMC
by Ironhide » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:27 pm

I'd love to see Ads reaction to something like Van Helsing, I like it but it's an objectively terrible show with some awful acting.

Image
User avatar
Wedgie
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Walking Dead on AMC
by Wedgie » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:53 pm

I’m the same really. The decision making in the whole series is bloody daft, had me moaning at my GF about it every week.

But at the same time I enjoyed it.

Image

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.


Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Walking Dead on AMC
by Monkey Man » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:38 pm

‘Walking Dead’ Spinoff Greenlighted By AMC Fox 2020 Premiere, Details Revealed

Expanding on an announcement made on the AMC Networks quarterly earnings call in February, AMC has revealed more plans for a new spinoff of The Walking Dead.

Giving the new show a formal series order, the network said it will be run by Matt Negrete, who has been a writer and producer on The Walking Dead for the past five seasons. It is co-created by Scott M. Gimple, chief content officer of The Walking Dead universe. Produced by AMC Studios, the spinoff will start production on 10 episodes this summer in Virginia and premiere on AMC in 2020.


The new spinoff will feature two young female protagonists and focus on what the network said in its official release is “the first generation to come-of-age in the apocalypse as we know it.” The hook, according to the description, will be to see who remains good and who turns evil.

https://deadline.com/2019/04/the-walkin ... 202590997/

Image
User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: The Walking Dead on AMC
by Ironhide » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:34 pm

Monkey Man wrote:
‘Walking Dead’ Spinoff Greenlighted By AMC Fox 2020 Premiere, Details Revealed

Expanding on an announcement made on the AMC Networks quarterly earnings call in February, AMC has revealed more plans for a new spinoff of The Walking Dead.

Giving the new show a formal series order, the network said it will be run by Matt Negrete, who has been a writer and producer on The Walking Dead for the past five seasons. It is co-created by Scott M. Gimple, chief content officer of The Walking Dead universe. Produced by AMC Studios, the spinoff will start production on 10 episodes this summer in Virginia and premiere on AMC in 2020.


The new spinoff will feature two young female protagonists and focus on what the network said in its official release is “the first generation to come-of-age in the apocalypse as we know it.” The hook, according to the description, will be to see who remains good and who turns evil.

https://deadline.com/2019/04/the-walkin ... 202590997/


That sounds gooseberry fool.

I want to see the zombie apocalypse in a non US setting, and not strawberry floating London either.

TWD: Iraq might be interesting.

Image
User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: The Walking Dead on AMC
by Alvin Flummux » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:39 pm

A mainland European Walking Dead would be interesting to me, or the UK outside London, that could be alright as well depending on casting.

I don't see a Middle East one working, due to the difficulty in filming out there.


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSN [Bot], Snowcannon and 54 guests