The Weather Mk. II

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
jawa4
Member
Joined in 2020

PostRe: The Weather Mk. II
by jawa4 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:21 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:Absolutely throwing it down in my area of South Yorkshire...

The wind and rain is hammering down here, too. Gotta go out this afternoon, as well :dread: :toot: .

User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: The Weather Mk. II
by Robbo-92 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:30 pm

jawa4 wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:Absolutely throwing it down in my area of South Yorkshire...

The wind and rain is hammering down here, too. Gotta go out this afternoon, as well :dread: :toot: .


To be honest I quite like the rain! Thankfully the little doggo enjoys it as well, jumping in puddles etc, doesn’t like the noise cars make on the road with the wet weather though. Anyway walk over and done with, dog dried and now sat in front of the tv :toot:

Image

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: The Weather Mk. II
by Moggy » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:06 pm

jawa4 wrote:The wind is getting a bit crazy here* now :dread: . Doesn't help in that it's rattling through my parakeet-damaged roofing, creating quite a racket. Dang it!

*London south-east


That’s not wind, that’s the sound of escaping wasps. :dread:

Image
User avatar
jawa4
Member
Joined in 2020

PostRe: The Weather Mk. II
by jawa4 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:10 pm

Moggy wrote:That’s not wind, that’s the sound of escaping wasps. :dread:

Giant parakeet-wasp hybrids :dread: .

User avatar
darksideby182
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: cove grove

PostRe: The Weather Mk. II
by darksideby182 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:23 pm

Played football this morning wasn't that bad bloody lost though.
Although a few trees down local.

Wii U : punkeator
Xbox live : darksideby182
Psn : darksideby182
steam : Punkeator
Origin : Punkeator
Switch : 6739-1557-7191
User avatar
Vermilion
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: The Weather Mk. II
by Vermilion » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:31 pm

Pretty windy here today too, though i spent my teenage years on the coast and after that, today's weather doesn't seem quite so bad.

User avatar
Vermilion
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: The Weather Mk. II
by Vermilion » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:02 pm

Okay, so this happened roughly 50 yards from my house earlier (my previous post seems kinda silly now)...



Saw it collapse from my window, thankfully it didn't fall in this direction.

Oh and it landed on top of a trampoline, which is now pretty much scrap.

User avatar
Curls
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Weather Mk. II
by Curls » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:42 pm

Vermilion wrote:Okay, so this happened roughly 50 yards from my house earlier (my previous post seems kinda silly now)...



Saw it collapse from my window, thankfully it didn't fall in this direction.

Oh and it landed on top of a trampoline, which is now pretty much scrap.


Did the tree not bounce?

User avatar
Vermilion
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: The Weather Mk. II
by Vermilion » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:45 pm

Curls wrote:
Vermilion wrote:Okay, so this happened roughly 50 yards from my house earlier (my previous post seems kinda silly now)...



Saw it collapse from my window, thankfully it didn't fall in this direction.

Oh and it landed on top of a trampoline, which is now pretty much scrap.


Did the tree not bounce?


I think that would have required a much larger one for it to fall on. ;)

User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: The Weather Mk. II
by Corazon de Leon » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:18 pm

Met some friends earlier and Loki came in to join us, courtesy of my brother. From getting out of the car across the road to getting into the coffee shop he was utterly drenched, and not impressed. :lol:

Image
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: The Weather Mk. II
by Squinty » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:42 pm

It's been fine where I live, it was actually sunny earlier. Was expecting my fence to take off, but it hasn't.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: The Weather Mk. II
by Moggy » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:48 pm


Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula

PostRe: The Weather Mk. II
by Jenuall » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:04 pm

Wow, it's been pretty bad weather all day but in the last ten minutes the wind has really picked up and it has started absolutely hammering it down. :dread:

Image
User avatar
Zilnad
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: The Weather Mk. II
by Zilnad » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:29 am

Yesterday's combined wind and rain was pretty impressive. It was as if someone was stood outside my house, throwing huge buckets of water at the window, one after another. It was scaring the cats shitless.

Our garden looks post-apocalyptic this morning. With our garden furniture strewn all over the place. Hopefully nothing is damaged.

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: The Weather Mk. II
by Squinty » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:49 am

Weather is picking up here. Had a bit of snow there.

User avatar
jawa4
Member
Joined in 2020

PostRe: The Weather Mk. II
by jawa4 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:02 pm



OMG. Dalagonash has reported from Rare HQ. Storm Ciara has gone too far :cry: .

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula

PostRe: The Weather Mk. II
by Jenuall » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:42 pm

The weather was still pretty spicy during the commute this morning. Made the mistake of taking the old Severn Bridge which has basically no wind shielding. :dread:

Car was being tossed about like a bead of sweat in an aerobic teacher's buttock cleavage!

Just seen that the bridge is now closed after a lorry got blown over! :shock:

EDIT: Yeah that doesn't look good:
Image
:dread:

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: The Weather Mk. II
by Moggy » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:34 pm

Jenuall wrote:The weather was still pretty spicy during the commute this morning. Made the mistake of taking the old Severn Bridge which has basically no wind shielding. :dread:

Car was being tossed about like a bead of sweat in an aerobic teacher's buttock cleavage!

Just seen that the bridge is now closed after a lorry got blown over! :shock:

EDIT: Yeah that doesn't look good:
Image
:dread:


What sort of strawberry floating idiot takes a lorry over the Severn Bridge in high winds? :lol: :slol: :fp:

Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula

PostRe: The Weather Mk. II
by Jenuall » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:39 pm

Moggy wrote:
Jenuall wrote:The weather was still pretty spicy during the commute this morning. Made the mistake of taking the old Severn Bridge which has basically no wind shielding. :dread:

Car was being tossed about like a bead of sweat in an aerobic teacher's buttock cleavage!

Just seen that the bridge is now closed after a lorry got blown over! :shock:

EDIT: Yeah that doesn't look good:
Image
:dread:


What sort of strawberry floating idiot takes a lorry over the Severn Bridge in high winds? :lol: :slol: :fp:

Yep, more than a smidge of idiocy on display there! :fp:

Image
User avatar
Vermilion
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: The Weather Mk. II
by Vermilion » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:35 pm

Jenuall wrote:Car was being tossed about like a bead of sweat in an aerobic teacher's buttock cleavage!


Afterwards, your damage report said there were only superficial issues, navicomp was down, slight rupture in fuel pipe 9, and somehow the driver's headset has got jammed on the country and western channel.


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DarkRula, Gideon, JChalmers, Joer, KK, Lex-Man, more heat than light, MSN [Bot], OrangeRKN, Vermilion, Zilnad and 67 guests