The Work Thread 2 - Get back to work!

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: The Work Thread 2 - Get back to work!
by Qikz » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:37 pm

Tomous wrote:
Qikz wrote:
Dual wrote:Pull a sickie.


For a whole week? That'll be really obvious given they know I really don't want to go in.

I did think about going to a doctor and getting signed off for anxiety or something.



Jokes aside, if you were ill with anxiety last time you probably should go speak to your GP anyway (if you hadn't already)


Like the worst thing is my anxiety has been the best it's ever been since working from home. The only time it's flared up was once when I ended up having a weird online relationship thing not work out and secondly every time they've tried to make me go to the office.

I'm going in on Thursday for an hour, I don't want to but it's 5 minutes down the road by bus and I'll be on my own there. In July though they want me to go in to an office which is most likely going to have upwards of 80+ people there and to travel on two seperate trains for over an hour to get there. The thought of that makes me feel awful.

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
User avatar
Dual
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Work Thread 2 - Get back to work!
by Dual » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:49 pm

Just say you've had an alert come through on your NHS app and you need to self isolate

User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Work Thread 2 - Get back to work!
by Victor Mildew » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:51 pm

Dual wrote:Just say you've had an alert come through on your NHS app and you need to self isolate


Well they'll know that's bollocks as the thing doesn't work properly anyway.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: The Work Thread 2 - Get back to work!
by Qikz » Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:14 pm

Victor Mildew wrote:
Dual wrote:Just say you've had an alert come through on your NHS app and you need to self isolate


Well they'll know that's bollocks as the thing doesn't work properly anyway.


The issue is as well what if they ask me for proof. :dread:

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Work Thread 2 - Get back to work!
by Victor Mildew » Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:18 pm

Qikz wrote:
Victor Mildew wrote:
Dual wrote:Just say you've had an alert come through on your NHS app and you need to self isolate


Well they'll know that's bollocks as the thing doesn't work properly anyway.


The issue is as well what if they ask me for proof. :dread:


Then you quickly take some covid, it's a foolproof plan 8-)

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Zilnad
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: The Work Thread 2 - Get back to work!
by Zilnad » Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:53 pm

Qikz wrote:
Victor Mildew wrote:
Dual wrote:Just say you've had an alert come through on your NHS app and you need to self isolate


Well they'll know that's bollocks as the thing doesn't work properly anyway.


The issue is as well what if they ask me for proof. :dread:


When the alert came through, you were so shocked, you dropped your phone down the toilet.

User avatar
That's not a growth
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Work Thread 2 - Get back to work!
by That's not a growth » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:31 pm

Go for a walk the weekend before and scan as many places into the app so you're bound to get a notification to isolate.

User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: The Work Thread 2 - Get back to work!
by Oblomov Boblomov » Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:53 pm

Landlords have clearly decided the best way to get people back to the office is not to explain the benefits (to be fair, they're in an embarrassing losing battle right from the off with that – if I ever hear the word 'riffing' used sincerely again, good grief :lol:) but instead to try and make us all believe that everyone else is doing it, that it's the popular viewpoint – basically that only weirdos will be working from home in future.

It's a damning indictment on the human race that this is undoubtedly the best chance they have of succeeding in their strategy. Why are we so pathetic? Oh no, the cool kids are in the office, I better get over there too so I can prove that I'm one of them.

Fortunately, I think the numbers are simply stacked too heavily against them. The WFH army seems to outnumber the office army several times over.

They shall not defeat us!

Image
User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: The Work Thread 2 - Get back to work!
by Qikz » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:10 pm

Where's the best place for searching for jobs these days, is it mainly linked in or are there any other job searching websites? I'm essentially either looking for another IT support role or something where I can use Japanese a lot if possible.

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
User avatar
Rocsteady
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Work Thread 2 - Get back to work!
by Rocsteady » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:28 pm

I like Indeed.

Image
User avatar
Winckle
Technician
Joined in 2008
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: The Work Thread 2 - Get back to work!
by Winckle » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:34 pm

Oblomov Boblomov wrote:Landlords have clearly decided the best way to get people back to the office is not to explain the benefits (to be fair, they're in an embarrassing losing battle right from the off with that – if I ever hear the word 'riffing' used sincerely again, good grief :lol:) but instead to try and make us all believe that everyone else is doing it, that it's the popular viewpoint – basically that only weirdos will be working from home in future.

It's a damning indictment on the human race that this is undoubtedly the best chance they have of succeeding in their strategy. Why are we so pathetic? Oh no, the cool kids are in the office, I better get over there too so I can prove that I'm one of them.

Fortunately, I think the numbers are simply stacked too heavily against them. The WFH army seems to outnumber the office army several times over.

They shall not defeat us!

I think the main issue I have with explaining WFH's benefits is that people's main experience of WFH is during lockdown when you can't do anything. If you can meet your mates after work with no commute why would you ever give a damn about office socialising?

User avatar
Dual
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Work Thread 2 - Get back to work!
by Dual » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:48 pm

Qikz wrote:Where's the best place for searching for jobs these days, is it mainly linked in or are there any other job searching websites? I'm essentially either looking for another IT support role or something where I can use Japanese a lot if possible.


LinkedIn every time. Why go to one job website when instead they can all come to you?

It might be full of Barry Homeowner wankers but it does serve a purpose.


User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Work Thread 2 - Get back to work!
by Victor Mildew » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:56 pm

LinkedIn is shite though

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Zilnad
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: The Work Thread 2 - Get back to work!
by Zilnad » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:51 pm

Qikz wrote:Where's the best place for searching for jobs these days, is it mainly linked in or are there any other job searching websites? I'm essentially either looking for another IT support role or something where I can use Japanese a lot if possible.


I used Indeed. I'd check it every single day so I wasn't having to sift through days of ads at a time and that seemed to work great.

User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: The Work Thread 2 - Get back to work!
by Lagamorph » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:14 pm

I remember CW Jobs being good for IT jobs back in the day, but that was 6+ years ago.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Zilnad
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: The Work Thread 2 - Get back to work!
by Zilnad » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:06 am

Last one today.

Really anxious about Monday but I went there and did an interview without any panicking so I should be fine.

User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: The Work Thread 2 - Get back to work!
by Drumstick » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:11 am

Zilnad wrote:Last one today.

Really anxious about Monday but I went there and did an interview without any panicking so I should be fine.

Plans for celebration or a rebellious final last-word email?

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Work Thread 2 - Get back to work!
by Victor Mildew » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:13 am

Drumstick wrote:
Zilnad wrote:Last one today.

Really anxious about Monday but I went there and did an interview without any panicking so I should be fine.

Plans for celebration or a rebellious final last-word email?


"I just want to say that over the years, I've come to regard you as people...i...met."

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Tomous
Member
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: The Work Thread 2 - Get back to work!
by Tomous » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:14 am

Zilnad leaving the office for the final time:

Image

Image
User avatar
Dual
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Work Thread 2 - Get back to work!
by Dual » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:20 am

Have you arranged to return all company property?


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 148 guests