The Work Thread 2 - Get back to work!

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: The Work Thread 2 - Get back to work!
by Qikz » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:34 am

Gemini I know this isn't really anything that can help you, but I just want to say thanks for doing what you've done for so long. My mum was in hospital a good number of times not only the year she died but also before as well and the porters were always really nice and they're so so important for the hospital to function correctly, so thanks for doing the job you've done and I hope everything works out for you. Sounds like a really shitty situation.

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
Gemini73

PostRe: The Work Thread 2 - Get back to work!
by Gemini73 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:29 pm

Qikz wrote:Gemini I know this isn't really anything that can help you, but I just want to say thanks for doing what you've done for so long. My mum was in hospital a good number of times not only the year she died but also before as well and the porters were always really nice and they're so so important for the hospital to function correctly, so thanks for doing the job you've done and I hope everything works out for you. Sounds like a really shitty situation.


I appreciate that, Qikz. :)

I love the job, which helps a lot in dealing with some of the bullshit.

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: The Work Thread 2 - Get back to work!
by Squinty » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:46 pm

Have things improved Gemini?

Gemini73

PostRe: The Work Thread 2 - Get back to work!
by Gemini73 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:01 pm

Squinty wrote:Have things improved Gemini?


The dust has settled and I've managed to remove myself from the firing line for now, but only because I've kept my head down. Sadly until there is a genuine change in the management structure here the toxic environment will go on.

Thankfully as an area porter I'm not obliged to hang about in the porters lodge and can stay on my area.

Thanks for asking, though.

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: The Work Thread 2 - Get back to work!
by Squinty » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:18 pm

Gemini73 wrote:
Squinty wrote:Have things improved Gemini?


The dust has settled and I've managed to remove myself from the firing line for now, but only because I've kept my head down. Sadly until there is a genuine change in the management structure here the toxic environment will go on.

Thankfully as an area porter I'm not obliged to hang about in the porters lodge and can stay on my area.

Thanks for asking, though.


No problem. I've worked in toxic as strawberry float places and it is never easy. Those places just felt like an extension of school.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Work Thread 2 - Get back to work!
by Moggy » Fri May 03, 2019 8:56 am

We have just had an email regarding workplace stress. It goes into details of how stress can impact on staff productivity and cause avoidable absences. It stresses that employees mental wellbeing is the prime concern alongside employees physical wellbeing, blah blah blah.

All this from the same company that is currently handing out written warnings for people who have had as little as 3 sickness absences over a 12 month period. :lol: Yeah because dragging people into HR meetings to receive official written warnings is really the best way of ensuring your employees don’t feel any stress. :lol:

We literally had somebody come in last week who was chucking their guts up with a sickness bug because she was scared she would get a written warning if she took a day sick, 2 other people have been off sick with norovirus this week, I wonder where they caught it from…. :fp:

But yeah the Bradford Score system works really well....

User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: The Work Thread 2 - Get back to work!
by Drumstick » Fri May 03, 2019 8:59 am

Moggy wrote:We have just had an email regarding workplace stress. It goes into details of how stress can impact on staff productivity and cause avoidable absences. It stresses that employees mental wellbeing is the prime concern alongside employees physical wellbeing, blah blah blah.

All this from the same company that is currently handing out written warnings for people who have had as little as 3 sickness absences over a 12 month period. :lol: Yeah because dragging people into HR meetings to receive official written warnings is really the best way of ensuring your employees don’t feel any stress. :lol:

We literally had somebody come in last week who was chucking their guts up with a sickness bug because she was scared she would get a written warning if she took a day sick, 2 other people have been off sick with norovirus this week, I wonder where they caught it from…. :fp:

But yeah the Bradford Score system works really well....

I blame Bradford Factor disciple Oblomov Boblomov.

I also blame Slayerx because he lives in Bradford.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
Gemini73

PostRe: The Work Thread 2 - Get back to work!
by Gemini73 » Fri May 03, 2019 9:03 am

Moggy wrote:We have just had an email regarding workplace stress. It goes into details of how stress can impact on staff productivity and cause avoidable absences. It stresses that employees mental wellbeing is the prime concern alongside employees physical wellbeing, blah blah blah.

All this from the same company that is currently handing out written warnings for people who have had as little as 3 sickness absences over a 12 month period. :lol: Yeah because dragging people into HR meetings to receive official written warnings is really the best way of ensuring your employees don’t feel any stress. :lol:

We literally had somebody come in last week who was chucking their guts up with a sickness bug because she was scared she would get a written warning if she took a day sick, 2 other people have been off sick with norovirus this week, I wonder where they caught it from…. :fp:

But yeah the Bradford Score system works really well....


We have the same bullshit at the hospital. On one hand they send out emails outlining the importance of staff and patient wellbeing, but then on the other they have employed a three sick "episodes" and receive a written warning policy. What makes that particularly absured is if you have a sickness bug you're not allowed to attend work for 48 hours due to patient care. Bellends. :fp:

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Work Thread 2 - Get back to work!
by Moggy » Fri May 03, 2019 9:13 am

Drumstick wrote:I blame Bradford Factor disciple Oblomov Boblomov.

I also blame Slayerx because he lives in Bradford.


I will forgive Oblomov for this outrage as long as Derby lose their next game.... :shifty:

Gemini73 wrote:We have the same bullshit at the hospital. On one hand they send out emails outlining the importance of staff and patient wellbeing, but then on the other they have employed a three sick "episodes" and receive a written warning policy. What makes that particularly absured is if you have a sickness bug you're not allowed to attend work for 48 hours due to patient care. Bellends. :fp:


It's utterly insane, they are forcing people to come in and spread bugs around and then telling everyone that they care about their health. :lol:

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Work Thread 2 - Get back to work!
by Jenuall » Fri May 03, 2019 9:29 am

I think Mental Health Awareness Week is coming up later in May which will be why they have sent that email out - people will be more aware of the subject than usual and so they need to show that this is something that employers care about and think is important ... whilst not actually caring about it if it is going to have a negative impact on the business in any way! :fp:

ImageImage
Gemini73

PostRe: The Work Thread 2 - Get back to work!
by Gemini73 » Fri May 03, 2019 9:31 am

Moggy wrote:
Drumstick wrote:I blame Bradford Factor disciple Oblomov Boblomov.

I also blame Slayerx because he lives in Bradford.


I will forgive Oblomov for this outrage as long as Derby lose their next game.... :shifty:

Gemini73 wrote:We have the same bullshit at the hospital. On one hand they send out emails outlining the importance of staff and patient wellbeing, but then on the other they have employed a three sick "episodes" and receive a written warning policy. What makes that particularly absured is if you have a sickness bug you're not allowed to attend work for 48 hours due to patient care. Bellends. :fp:


It's utterly insane, they are forcing people to come in and spread bugs around and then telling everyone that they care about their health. :lol:


Insane is one word, I would even go as far as to call it irresponsible and dangerous in some cases. HCAs coming to work on Neutropenic carrying all kinds of bugs because they're frightened that they'll lose their jobs? Get your head around that!

User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: The Work Thread 2 - Get back to work!
by Oblomov Boblomov » Fri May 03, 2019 11:19 am

I wish we had the Bradford Factor here because I need to get shot of someone who keeps being ill but HR are completely strawberry floating the entire thing up.

Image
User avatar
Hyperion
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Beyond the wall

PostRe: The Work Thread 2 - Get back to work!
by Hyperion » Fri May 03, 2019 1:07 pm

Just realised a division head here is called Hans Gruber :datass:

Image
Ad7 wrote:stop moaning about it
User avatar
Snowcannon
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: New York

PostRe: The Work Thread 2 - Get back to work!
by Snowcannon » Fri May 03, 2019 2:10 pm

Working from home not an option for you guys? Whenever I’m well enough to work but ill enough that people will hate me if I come in the office, I work from home

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Work Thread 2 - Get back to work!
by Moggy » Fri May 03, 2019 2:47 pm

Snowcannon wrote:Working from home not an option for you guys? Whenever I’m well enough to work but ill enough that people will hate me if I come in the office, I work from home


Very few of us are allowed to work from home. The same managers that are currently handing out written warnings are allowed to work from home though and they quite often do so while they are sick, meaning their Bradford Scores are quite low. Wankers.

User avatar
Winckle
Technician
Joined in 2008
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: The Work Thread 2 - Get back to work!
by Winckle » Fri May 03, 2019 6:49 pm

Moggy wrote:We have just had an email regarding workplace stress. It goes into details of how stress can impact on staff productivity and cause avoidable absences. It stresses that employees mental wellbeing is the prime concern alongside employees physical wellbeing, blah blah blah.

All this from the same company that is currently handing out written warnings for people who have had as little as 3 sickness absences over a 12 month period. :lol: Yeah because dragging people into HR meetings to receive official written warnings is really the best way of ensuring your employees don’t feel any stress. :lol:

We literally had somebody come in last week who was chucking their guts up with a sickness bug because she was scared she would get a written warning if she took a day sick, 2 other people have been off sick with norovirus this week, I wonder where they caught it from…. :fp:

But yeah the Bradford Score system works really well....


We should migrate GRcade to Discourse.
Gemini73

PostRe: The Work Thread 2 - Get back to work!
by Gemini73 » Fri May 03, 2019 7:02 pm

Truth is none of these companies really give a gooseberry fool about their employees wellbeing, it just looks good on paper to be seen to give a gooseberry fool. But we already knew that.

User avatar
Bunni
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Work Thread 2 - Get back to work!
by Bunni » Sat May 04, 2019 10:33 am

I’m very surprised to see a stress management workshop being held for nightshift, with a training coming in at 2am so they don’t have to mess their days up to attend some roadshow hosted for 9-5ers.

Still gotta write someone up a disciplinary next week for having the gooseberry fools three months after a stint of depression. I’m sure that’ll be a fun experience.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Work Thread 2 - Get back to work!
by Moggy » Sat May 04, 2019 10:44 am

Bunni wrote:I’m very surprised to see a stress management workshop being held for nightshift, with a training coming in at 2am so they don’t have to mess their days up to attend some roadshow hosted for 9-5ers.

Still gotta write someone up a disciplinary next week for having the gooseberry fools three months after a stint of depression. I’m sure that’ll be a fun experience.


Can’t you just get Oblomov to do it for you? He seems to love the idea of warning/sacking people for the crime of being sick.

User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: The Work Thread 2 - Get back to work!
by Oblomov Boblomov » Sat May 04, 2019 10:53 am

Moggy wrote:
Bunni wrote:I’m very surprised to see a stress management workshop being held for nightshift, with a training coming in at 2am so they don’t have to mess their days up to attend some roadshow hosted for 9-5ers.

Still gotta write someone up a disciplinary next week for having the gooseberry fools three months after a stint of depression. I’m sure that’ll be a fun experience.


Can’t you just get Oblomov to do it for you? He seems to love the idea of warning/sacking people for the crime of being sick.

strawberry float off, it's a horrible thing to do. It's necessary when the person has attended work for around two months of an entire year, been through two occupational health referrals, received extensive, significant support paid for by the company, had working patterns changed to their favour, had work allocations adapted to their favour and still fails to come into work for more than 1-2 days in a row.

Or maybe I should continue to forever blow the limited money I have on paying this person for being off work all the time and leaving the rest of the team to pick up the slack, causing serious stress and impacting the quality of service?

Image

Return to “Stuff”