Page 16 of 16

Re: The Writer's Sphere - Share your writing

Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:56 pm
by DarkRula
Nice poem there. Might not have got the references, but it works.

Re: The Writer's Sphere - Share your writing

Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:38 pm
by shy guy 64
OrangeXMS wrote:
OrangeXMS wrote:I was on BBC local radio in Coventry a couple of weeks ago with a poem, that was pretty cool! ...


If anyone is interested I've put it up on my website now (the text, not the audio): https://orkn.uk/writing/ode_to_coventry

A lot of the references might pass by unnoticed if you aren't familiar with the history and culture of the city, but I suppose that is inevitable!


thats quite a nice tribute, better than anyone writes about my home town. which is usually the f word followed by the town name

Re: The Writer's Sphere - Share your writing

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:21 pm
by plasticcoated
So, I'm writing a book.
It's no work of art or anything. But it's a "special" ting for me gal dem.

Basically me and the Mrs have had over ten years of ups and downs and adventures and mishaps and a load of other stuff. But it's only after 10 years we've finally decided to become a couple. Difficult in a pandemic. Not gonna lie it's a bit of a romance story BUT it's all true.

It's purely for her. But it's keeping me occupied during lockdown.

Re: The Writer's Sphere - Share your writing

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:18 pm
by shy guy 64
plasticcoated wrote:So, I'm writing a book.
It's no work of art or anything. But it's a "special" ting for me gal dem.

Basically me and the Mrs have had over ten years of ups and downs and adventures and mishaps and a load of other stuff. But it's only after 10 years we've finally decided to become a couple. Difficult in a pandemic. Not gonna lie it's a bit of a romance story BUT it's all true.

It's purely for her. But it's keeping me occupied during lockdown.


I wish you the best of luck with it

Re: The Writer's Sphere - Share your writing

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:10 pm
by plasticcoated
shy guy 64 wrote:
plasticcoated wrote:So, I'm writing a book.
It's no work of art or anything. But it's a "special" ting for me gal dem.

Basically me and the Mrs have had over ten years of ups and downs and adventures and mishaps and a load of other stuff. But it's only after 10 years we've finally decided to become a couple. Difficult in a pandemic. Not gonna lie it's a bit of a romance story BUT it's all true.

It's purely for her. But it's keeping me occupied during lockdown.


I wish you the best of luck with it


Meh, get it printed out give it the Mrs as a present. Makes me look romantic af. On the sly I'll have had ir printed hundreds of times and everytime (COVID not withstanding) we go away on a holiday or weekend away I'll leave a copy in the hotel room lie Giddeons strawberry floating bible. It goes viral and then I have pupblishers lining my drive fighting for the rights to it. Got it all worked out :shifty: :slol:

Re: The Writer's Sphere - Share your writing

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:32 pm
by shy guy 64
plasticcoated wrote:
shy guy 64 wrote:
plasticcoated wrote:So, I'm writing a book.
It's no work of art or anything. But it's a "special" ting for me gal dem.

Basically me and the Mrs have had over ten years of ups and downs and adventures and mishaps and a load of other stuff. But it's only after 10 years we've finally decided to become a couple. Difficult in a pandemic. Not gonna lie it's a bit of a romance story BUT it's all true.

It's purely for her. But it's keeping me occupied during lockdown.


I wish you the best of luck with it


Meh, get it printed out give it the Mrs as a present. Makes me look romantic af. On the sly I'll have had ir printed hundreds of times and everytime (COVID not withstanding) we go away on a holiday or weekend away I'll leave a copy in the hotel room lie Giddeons strawberry floating bible. It goes viral and then I have pupblishers lining my drive fighting for the rights to it. Got it all worked out :shifty: :slol:


so you had luck as far as the mrs is concerned?

Re: The Writer's Sphere - Share your writing

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:41 pm
by Balladeer
plasticcoated wrote:On the sly I'll have had ir printed hundreds of times and everytime (COVID not withstanding) we go away on a holiday or weekend away I'll leave a copy in the hotel room lie Giddeons strawberry floating bible. It goes viral and then I have pupblishers lining my drive fighting for the rights to it. Got it all worked out :shifty: :slol:

Can’t quite tell if you’re joking, but - please do this. It will also make you look romantic ‘af’ and also it’s just an amazing story. (The plan above not the romance.) (Maybe the romance too!)

Re: The Writer's Sphere - Share your writing

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:54 pm
by plasticcoated
Balladeer wrote:
plasticcoated wrote:On the sly I'll have had ir printed hundreds of times and everytime (COVID not withstanding) we go away on a holiday or weekend away I'll leave a copy in the hotel room lie Giddeons strawberry floating bible. It goes viral and then I have pupblishers lining my drive fighting for the rights to it. Got it all worked out :shifty: :slol:

Can’t quite tell if you’re joking, but - please do this. It will also make you look romantic ‘af’ and also it’s just an amazing story. (The plan above not the romance.) (Maybe the romance too!)



Look out for "Our Story" coming to a Premier Inn near you!

Re: The Writer's Sphere - Share your writing

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:17 pm
by DarkRula
On the other hand, someone could steal it, change the names, and send it off and you wouldn't be any the wiser until it was on store shelves.

Re: The Writer's Sphere - Share your writing

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:19 pm
by plasticcoated
Very true. I have thought of this and if it was to go "viral" before someone thieving shite gets to it I can come clean. Thee posts are proof I have it in my possession already.

Re: The Writer's Sphere - Share your writing

Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:30 pm
by shy guy 64
so i just wanted to say, I've signed off on the final proof of my second book so keep an eye out for Yggdrasil's Champions by Christopher Downey

Re: The Writer's Sphere - Share your writing

Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:27 pm
by OrangeRKN
What's it about shy guy? Is it a sequel or a new story?

Re: The Writer's Sphere - Share your writing

Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:58 pm
by shy guy 64
It’s a new story set in the same world as the first, just the next country over. It tells the adventures of the friends who discover that the forest by their home town has the last portal to the centre of the planet. Where they discover the Yggdrasil the world tree. The two friends are then tasked to guard the portal from those who seek the world tree for their own ends

Re: The Writer's Sphere - Share your writing

Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:10 pm
by DarkRula
Ace one, shy guy. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for that one hitting the Kindle Store. Should be another great adventure.

Re: The Writer's Sphere - Share your writing

Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:44 pm
by shy guy 64
DarkRula wrote:Ace one, shy guy. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for that one hitting the Kindle Store. Should be another great adventure.


Thanks

Re: The Writer's Sphere - Share your writing

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:50 pm
by Tafdolphin
This just in: writing is strawberry floating hard even when you have the most supportive team ever.

Re: The Writer's Sphere - Share your writing

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:21 pm
by shy guy 64
Tafdolphin wrote:This just in: writing is strawberry floating hard even when you have the most supportive team ever.


we know

Re: The Writer's Sphere - Share your writing

Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:43 pm
by shy guy 64
so my first book will sadly no longer be produced soon. but it will carry on as an e-book

on another note book 2 is out march 25th

https://pegasuspublishers.com/books/chr ... he-vegimen

Re: The Writer's Sphere - Share your writing

Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:57 pm
by DarkRula
That's a great cover you've got for it. Hope the book sells well.

Re: The Writer's Sphere - Share your writing

Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:01 pm
by shy guy 64
DarkRula wrote:That's a great cover you've got for it. Hope the book sells well.


Thanks man