AnnoyiNG things. I can see you're on your lunch break ...FREE FOR A CHAT?

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. UNEXPECTED MOANING IN BAGGING AREA.
by KK » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:29 pm

People that don't leave the tag bag in for AT LEAST 2 minutes.

Or the real SCUMMERS who leave the tea bag in for less than 2 minutes while putting the milk in first.

Image

Image
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. UNEXPECTED MOANING IN BAGGING AREA.
by Squinty » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:58 pm

Tag bag?

User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. UNEXPECTED MOANING IN BAGGING AREA.
by KK » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:17 pm

You know what's worse than people that don't leave their tea bags in long enough? DO YOU?! iPhone autocorrect.

Image
User avatar
Zilnad
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. UNEXPECTED MOANING IN BAGGING AREA.
by Zilnad » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:39 pm

What's worse is people who use one tea bag for multiple cups of tea. My in-laws often serve tea which may as well be milk and water so I try and decline as much as possible without seeming rude.

User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. UNEXPECTED MOANING IN BAGGING AREA.
by Peter Crisp » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:46 pm

Preezy wrote:Happy hump day everyone! :toot:


Is this a day when everyone has to have sex?
Ban this sick filth :x .

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009
Location: The Umbral Plains

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. UNEXPECTED MOANING IN BAGGING AREA.
by Preezy » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:48 pm

Peter Crisp wrote:
Preezy wrote:Happy hump day everyone! :toot:


Is this a day when everyone has to have sex?
Ban this sick filth :x .

Mandatory bonking for everyone, it's the law :capnscotty:

Image
User avatar
Zilnad
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. UNEXPECTED MOANING IN BAGGING AREA.
by Zilnad » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:53 pm

I've always known it as top of the hill day.

User avatar
Vermilion
Gnome Thief
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. UNEXPECTED MOANING IN BAGGING AREA.
by Vermilion » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:54 pm

Preezy wrote:Mandatory bonking for everyone, it's the law :capnscotty:


Giggidy.

User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. UNEXPECTED MOANING IN BAGGING AREA.
by Peter Crisp » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:56 pm

Preezy wrote:
Peter Crisp wrote:
Preezy wrote:Happy hump day everyone! :toot:


Is this a day when everyone has to have sex?
Ban this sick filth :x .

Mandatory bonking for everyone, it's the law :capnscotty:


Well, that's me going to prison then.
I hope they have a good buffet selection, wifi and a 50 inch OLED in my cell so I can set-up my consoles.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. UNEXPECTED MOANING IN BAGGING AREA.
by Moggy » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:00 pm

Peter Crisp wrote:
Preezy wrote:Happy hump day everyone! :toot:


Is this a day when everyone has to have sex?
Ban this sick filth :x .


Not everyone. Just you, me and Preezy.

:datass:

Image
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. UNEXPECTED MOANING IN BAGGING AREA.
by Pedz » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:55 pm

Preezy wrote:Happy hump day everyone! :toot:


Haven't had sex today. Not a happy hump day here.

Image
User avatar
Outrunner
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. UNEXPECTED MOANING IN BAGGING AREA.
by Outrunner » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:06 pm

RichardUK wrote:
:shock: chances are that because you have worked there that long you will have seen me, my partner is from Chesterfield and we lived there for around 18 months, before we lived together we would go to the library to use the internet on the computers and if I am completely honest people watch because it did seem to attract a lot of rather odd people, one lady once was saying to a member of staff that someone there “saved her from a possible jail sentence” and wanted their address which they obviously didn’t give out and then she really went off on one, later that same night we went shopping in the co-op and she was in there shouting at them,

But seriously I do have very fond memories of the library because we are both not the sort of people to go to a club or a pub and it offered a nice place to meet and get to know each other


Sounds about right. We have all sorts in and all sorts happen there. Two guys almost fighting with chairs, someone hiding a nappy behind books (we having changing facilities), a couple of overdoses in the toilets. I had someone threaten me when I had them kicked out. He said he was going to wait for me after work. This was at 9:30 in the morning, if he wanted to waste his day and wait til I finished at 7pm that was on him. I've been verbally abused on several occasions. Someone decided that because he'd read some self-help books he could psychoanalyse my depression. While also commenting on my skin (I had a small breakout of spots as I do every summer). We've had people try to photocopy money. And then forget to take the original money off of the photocopier. We had someone pay a £10 with 1p and 2p coins. Which she was entitled to do of course. She didn't enjoy having to stay while we counted it. We didn't want her to overpay after all

By way of balance I once helped someone photocopy some documents and they came back later and gave me a box of chocolates, I often have people write in with positive comments about how helpful I've been. Apparently a lot of the regular customers who come in have asked where I am since giving up my weekday shifts. A lot of the customers are genuinely nice people. It's just the gooseberry fool that stands out. I cold have probably even put up with that for a few more years but the bullying drove me out.

I'm genuinely pleased that you have fond memories of the library, as sappy as it sounds, it's nice to know that people value us whether it's a place to get books, use the computers or just socialise

User avatar
Chocolate-Milk
Member
Joined in 2015
AKA: Guy Brush of Lincolnshire

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. UNEXPECTED MOANING IN BAGGING AREA.
by Chocolate-Milk » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:49 pm

Outrunner wrote:We had someone pay a £10 with 1p and 2p coins. Which she was entitled to do of course. She didn't enjoy having to stay while we counted it. We didn't want her to overpay after all

You don't actually have to accept payment in coppers, as 1p and 2p coins only constitute legal tender up to a value of 20p. You can accept it if you choose, but you're well within your rights to tell them to swivel.

That said, your way is probably more fun.

Image
It was me, Dio!
User avatar
Snowcannon
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: New York

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. UNEXPECTED MOANING IN BAGGING AREA.
by Snowcannon » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:34 am

Chocolate-Milk wrote:You don't actually have to accept payment in coppers, as 1p and 2p coins only constitute legal tender up to a value of 20p.


Interesting, TIL

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. UNEXPECTED MOANING IN BAGGING AREA.
by Moggy » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:14 am

Our school bus used to cost 50p each way and the driver was a horrible lady. She always used to screech “RIGHT MONEY FIRST!” at us when she pulled up and would look at you like gooseberry fool if you dared pay with anything more than £1.

One day we hatched a plan and all of us on that bus stop arrived with 50p in 1p coins. There were around 15 kids so she had all the strawberry floating change she wanted after that. :lol:

Image
User avatar
Outrunner
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. UNEXPECTED MOANING IN BAGGING AREA.
by Outrunner » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:17 am

Chocolate-Milk wrote:
Outrunner wrote:We had someone pay a £10 with 1p and 2p coins. Which she was entitled to do of course. She didn't enjoy having to stay while we counted it. We didn't want her to overpay after all

You don't actually have to accept payment in coppers, as 1p and 2p coins only constitute legal tender up to a value of 20p. You can accept it if you choose, but you're well within your rights to tell them to swivel.

That said, your way is probably more fun.


I genuinely wish I'd known that at the time. I thought (and was told) that since it was a debt rather than a transaction that we had to accept it. Still, it was worth it to see her going from smug to furious as we counted it all.

Thanks for the heads up for the future though.

User avatar
Zilnad
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. UNEXPECTED MOANING IN BAGGING AREA.
by Zilnad » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:12 am

I'm probably being harsh with this one but people who come into work and then go into the kitchen and come back to their desk with breakfast. Can't they just strawberry floating have breakfast at home like everyone else?

It's the constant clanking of cutlery or crunching of burnt toast that annoys me. Just stay in the kitchen and eat it, if you really have to!

At least the milk slurper behind me doesn't work here anymore. :dread:

User avatar
Chocolate-Milk
Member
Joined in 2015
AKA: Guy Brush of Lincolnshire

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. UNEXPECTED MOANING IN BAGGING AREA.
by Chocolate-Milk » Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:35 pm

Outrunner wrote:
Chocolate-Milk wrote:
Outrunner wrote:We had someone pay a £10 with 1p and 2p coins. Which she was entitled to do of course. She didn't enjoy having to stay while we counted it. We didn't want her to overpay after all

You don't actually have to accept payment in coppers, as 1p and 2p coins only constitute legal tender up to a value of 20p. You can accept it if you choose, but you're well within your rights to tell them to swivel.

That said, your way is probably more fun.


I genuinely wish I'd known that at the time. I thought (and was told) that since it was a debt rather than a transaction that we had to accept it. Still, it was worth it to see her going from smug to furious as we counted it all.

Thanks for the heads up for the future though.

It's quite the opposite, actually. Transactions can be settled in any form that both parties agree on, even jelly beans. But debts must be settled in legal tender, so that the debtor can't be sued for non-payment.

The more you know! :toot:

Image
It was me, Dio!
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. UNEXPECTED MOANING IN BAGGING AREA.
by Jenuall » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:02 pm

Chocolate-Milk wrote:
Outrunner wrote:
Chocolate-Milk wrote:
Outrunner wrote:We had someone pay a £10 with 1p and 2p coins. Which she was entitled to do of course. She didn't enjoy having to stay while we counted it. We didn't want her to overpay after all

You don't actually have to accept payment in coppers, as 1p and 2p coins only constitute legal tender up to a value of 20p. You can accept it if you choose, but you're well within your rights to tell them to swivel.

That said, your way is probably more fun.


I genuinely wish I'd known that at the time. I thought (and was told) that since it was a debt rather than a transaction that we had to accept it. Still, it was worth it to see her going from smug to furious as we counted it all.

Thanks for the heads up for the future though.

It's quite the opposite, actually. Transactions can be settled in any form that both parties agree on, even jelly beans. But debts must be settled in legal tender, so that the debtor can't be sued for non-payment.

The more you know! :toot:

Indeed, I thought this was the case as well and reading this comment earlier inspired me to double check:

What are the legal tender amounts acceptable for the United Kingdom coins?
Legal tender has a very narrow and technical meaning in the settlement of debts. It means that a debtor cannot successfully be sued for non-payment if he pays into court in legal tender. It does not mean that any ordinary transaction has to take place in legal tender or only within the amount denominated by the legislation.

Both parties to a transaction are free to agree to accept any form of payment whether legal tender or otherwise according to their wishes. In order to comply with the very strict rules governing an actual legal tender transaction it is necessary, for example, to offer the exact amount due because no change can be demanded.

Image
User avatar
Green Gecko
Treasurer
Joined in 2008
Location: Sussex
Contact:

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. UNEXPECTED MOANING IN BAGGING AREA.
by Green Gecko » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:37 am

Chocolate-Milk wrote:
Outrunner wrote:
Chocolate-Milk wrote:
Outrunner wrote:We had someone pay a £10 with 1p and 2p coins. Which she was entitled to do of course. She didn't enjoy having to stay while we counted it. We didn't want her to overpay after all

You don't actually have to accept payment in coppers, as 1p and 2p coins only constitute legal tender up to a value of 20p. You can accept it if you choose, but you're well within your rights to tell them to swivel.

That said, your way is probably more fun.


I genuinely wish I'd known that at the time. I thought (and was told) that since it was a debt rather than a transaction that we had to accept it. Still, it was worth it to see her going from smug to furious as we counted it all.

Thanks for the heads up for the future though.

It's quite the opposite, actually. Transactions can be settled in any form that both parties agree on, even jelly beans. But debts must be settled in legal tender, so that the debtor can't be sued for non-payment.

The more you know! :toot:

And in other fun turn of facts, although I'm not sure if this is true anymore, it at least was possible to pay a debt you owe to the government in the form of stamps because they were considered legal tender for a time.

I think there was a case of someone trying to settle a debt using commemorative mints which are NOT legal tender (5 pound coins etc, except for the one with all the trumpets on it maybe which was actually put into circulation), you'll have to ask Vermillion about that.

♥ gaems | t: @GRcade | FB: GRcadeUK | YT: GRcadeVideo | Twitch: GRcadeUK
Image

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Christopher, Errkal, floydfreak, kazanova_Frankenstein, Memento Mori, Met, Oblomov Boblomov, Trelliz and 252 guests