OK, so. Things that annoy you. Not gonna lie, 100%.

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Abacus
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: OK, so. Things that annoy you. Not gonna lie, 100%.
by Abacus » Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:28 pm

Qikz wrote:
Abacus wrote:I feel that I've just made a terrible mistake. I've just bought a Google pixel phone, and all of your porn miss-swipes can't be as bad as that.

I've absolutely stuffed it.


Pixel phones are amazing. I've got a pixel 2 and it's literally the best phone I've ever owned.


Whey, thanks for this. Bought it after too much wine, so now quite excited to see how it is. A friend of mine reckons it'll be the cleanest Android experience because its direct from Google.

But in keeping with the thread theme, what annoys me is not being able to stick with a Huawawei phone in the first place.

China can have all my secrets! There's probably only two of them that are any good anyway.

User avatar
Errkal
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: OK, so. Things that annoy you. Not gonna lie, 100%.
by Errkal » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:25 pm

Qikz wrote:
Errkal wrote:
Qikz wrote:strawberry float Microsoft Teams. strawberry float Microsoft and strawberry float their strawberry floating gooseberry fool piece of software that never works. strawberry float this stupid TPM error and strawberry float everything. I'm so pissed off today this is unbearable.



TPM error? Either TPM is locked, or needs resetting, is there anything else that can happen ?

TPM locked is a good one, takes some doing as well as you ahve to type the Bitlocker pin like 30 times wrong (someone actually did it when I was in Ops)


It's not even a real TPM error, it's just teams saying there's a problem with the TPM which there isn't. It's just a garbage application all around.


Ahhyu yeah teams is a special kind of gooseberry fool.

User avatar
Minty14
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Nottinghamshire
Contact:

PostRe: OK, so. Things that annoy you. Not gonna lie, 100%.
by Minty14 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:29 pm

+1 for Pixel phones. Easily the best line of Android phones

User avatar
PuppetBoy
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: OK, so. Things that annoy you. Not gonna lie, 100%.
by PuppetBoy » Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:02 pm

The name of the Muse thread.

Image
User avatar
Green Gecko
Treasurer
Joined in 2008
Location: Sussex
Contact:

PostRe: OK, so. Things that annoy you. Not gonna lie, 100%.
by Green Gecko » Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:03 pm

That was actually me, I'll change it to something else.

♥ gaems | t: @GRcade | YT: GRcadeVideo | Twitch: GRcadeUK
Image
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: OK, so. Things that annoy you. Not gonna lie, 100%.
by Victor Mildew » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:54 pm

Green Gecko wrote:That was actually me, I'll change it to something else.


Victor Mildew's Muse Thread.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: OK, so. Things that annoy you. Not gonna lie, 100%.
by Cheeky Devlin » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:55 pm





Trailers formatted for people watching them vertically on their phones. Been noticing this more and more recently. strawberry float off.

EDIT: Looks like Justice League might actually just be getting released in a strawberry floating weird aspect ratio.

User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: OK, so. Things that annoy you. Not gonna lie, 100%.
by rinks » Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:23 pm

Qikz wrote:strawberry float Microsoft Teams. strawberry float Microsoft and strawberry float their strawberry floating gooseberry fool piece of software that never works. strawberry float this stupid TPM error and strawberry float everything. I'm so pissed off today this is unbearable.

If everything worked perfectly, there would be no need for IT support.

User avatar
Vermilion
Gnome Thief
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: OK, so. Things that annoy you. Not gonna lie, 100%.
by Vermilion » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:31 am

Why would anyone want to watch a movie trailer vertically on a phone?

Movies are not, and should not be vertical.

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: OK, so. Things that annoy you. Not gonna lie, 100%.
by Squinty » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:43 am

Errkal wrote:
Qikz wrote:
Errkal wrote:
Qikz wrote:strawberry float Microsoft Teams. strawberry float Microsoft and strawberry float their strawberry floating gooseberry fool piece of software that never works. strawberry float this stupid TPM error and strawberry float everything. I'm so pissed off today this is unbearable.



TPM error? Either TPM is locked, or needs resetting, is there anything else that can happen ?

TPM locked is a good one, takes some doing as well as you ahve to type the Bitlocker pin like 30 times wrong (someone actually did it when I was in Ops)


It's not even a real TPM error, it's just teams saying there's a problem with the TPM which there isn't. It's just a garbage application all around.


Ahhyu yeah teams is a special kind of gooseberry fool.


We just started using it. Seems worse than the thing we were using before.

User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: OK, so. Things that annoy you. Not gonna lie, 100%.
by Qikz » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:55 am

Squinty wrote:
Errkal wrote:
Qikz wrote:
Errkal wrote:
Qikz wrote:strawberry float Microsoft Teams. strawberry float Microsoft and strawberry float their strawberry floating gooseberry fool piece of software that never works. strawberry float this stupid TPM error and strawberry float everything. I'm so pissed off today this is unbearable.



TPM error? Either TPM is locked, or needs resetting, is there anything else that can happen ?

TPM locked is a good one, takes some doing as well as you ahve to type the Bitlocker pin like 30 times wrong (someone actually did it when I was in Ops)


It's not even a real TPM error, it's just teams saying there's a problem with the TPM which there isn't. It's just a garbage application all around.


Ahhyu yeah teams is a special kind of gooseberry fool.


We just started using it. Seems worse than the thing we were using before.


Slack as a chat app is 1000 times better and Discord is better for voice and video, it's purely because of the sharepoint integration everyone is using it and sharepoint is garbage as well.

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
User avatar
Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: OK, so. Things that annoy you. Not gonna lie, 100%.
by Cuttooth » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:58 am

Vermilion wrote:Why would anyone want to watch a movie trailer vertically on a phone?

Movies are not, and should not be vertical.


User avatar
That's not a growth
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: OK, so. Things that annoy you. Not gonna lie, 100%.
by That's not a growth » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:59 am

We use Teams yet don't use Sharepoint. I think it's included with some Office licence types? Only reason I can see my work using it if it were free.

User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: OK, so. Things that annoy you. Not gonna lie, 100%.
by Qikz » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:02 am

That's not a growth wrote:We use Teams yet don't use Sharepoint. I think it's included with some Office licence types? Only reason I can see my work using it if it were free.


Teams was free momentarily, but it requires a license now as far as I'm aware. It's available on a 365 Business Basic license and above. Is your mail on 365? It's only about 3.50 a month.

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: OK, so. Things that annoy you. Not gonna lie, 100%.
by Victor Mildew » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:13 am

We do almost everything through teams now. For chat and calls it's great, the problem is using it for teams - when we started with it, having a group for sharing project files was handy, but now its just a list of about 40 things and none of it is organised in any way so is worse than just emailing documents.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
That's not a growth
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: OK, so. Things that annoy you. Not gonna lie, 100%.
by That's not a growth » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:18 am

No idea, but it's possible as I think my Excel moved over to 365 a while ago. All I know for certain is I use Outlook and don't like it. I have about 300 rules set up to get rid of the shite I get copied into that I don't care about, people seem to think sending 20MB attachments and using up my storage allowance is fine.

User avatar
Memento Mori
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: OK, so. Things that annoy you. Not gonna lie, 100%.
by Memento Mori » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:42 am

Teams is awful. If you're using a file in Teams and someone sends you a Teams IM, you've got to come out of the file to respond to the message. There are no tabs or anything.

User avatar
aayl1
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: OK, so. Things that annoy you. Not gonna lie, 100%.
by aayl1 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:44 am

Memento Mori wrote:Teams is awful. If you're using a file in Teams and someone sends you a Teams IM, you've got to come out of the file to respond to the message. There are no tabs or anything.


I tell everyone to go to "File-> Info -> open in Desktop app" to edit anything in teams.

It'll still be live updated and collaborative it'll just open in the "normal" version of that programme and you won't have to use this shitty Teams editor.

EDIT: My other must-know teams tip is press the "Sync" button under the file section of channels you use the files of often. This then lets you browse/save/copy files in the desktop File Browser rather than use Teams, but will still be reflected in Teams.

Switch Code - 2446-6608-4888
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: OK, so. Things that annoy you. Not gonna lie, 100%.
by Mafro » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:55 am

The main thing about Teams that annoys me is the way it uses it own shitty version of notifications rather than the default OS ones.

Slack is decent but I strawberry floating hate that "separate sign in for each workspace" thing.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: OK, so. Things that annoy you. Not gonna lie, 100%.
by Oblomov Boblomov » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:58 am

Victor Mildew wrote:We do almost everything through teams now. For chat and calls it's great, the problem is using it for teams - when we started with it, having a group for sharing project files was handy, but now its just a list of about 40 things and none of it is organised in any way so is worse than just emailing documents.

Can that not be fixed by... organising the files? Open up in SharePoint and you can sort them however you want.

Image

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alvin Flummux and 113 guests