Annoy: Pour Homme (NO HOMMO), by Ad7

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Thing's that annoy yo S:O - annoy hardest
by Squinty » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:18 am

jawafour wrote:My mum visited the doctors due to an ear issue and she needs to have it syringed. "Lol can't do that on NHS any more as no funding!". Gotta pay out £60 to get it done privately :fp: :x .


You can get those oil things that break down wax after repeated applications. I think it's basically olive oil.

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Thing's that annoy yo S:O - annoy hardest
by jawafour » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:38 pm

Squinty wrote:
jawafour wrote:My mum visited the doctors due to an ear issue and she needs to have it syringed. "Lol can't do that on NHS any more as no funding!". Gotta pay out £60 to get it done privately :fp: :x .


You can get those oil things that break down wax after repeated applications. I think it's basically olive oil.

Ta for the update, Squinty! She did use the oil (you have to use that or something similar ahead of the syringing) but in some cases it doesn't clear. My mum paid out the money and her hearing is all good again now :-) .

User avatar
Dowbocop
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Thing's that annoy yo S:O - annoy hardest
by Dowbocop » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:53 pm

jawafour wrote:
Squinty wrote:
jawafour wrote:My mum visited the doctors due to an ear issue and she needs to have it syringed. "Lol can't do that on NHS any more as no funding!". Gotta pay out £60 to get it done privately :fp: :x .


You can get those oil things that break down wax after repeated applications. I think it's basically olive oil.

Ta for the update, Squinty! She did use the oil (you have to use that or something similar ahead of the syringing) but in some cases it doesn't clear. My mum paid out the money and her hearing is all good again now :-) .

It is olive oil, and stuff like Otex is diluted hydrogen peroxide I think. I have loads of the little single use baby bottles from when my son was in Alder Hey and I use one of them as a little olive oil dropper when i need to clean my ears out. I think you're supposed to do it weekly to keep it all clean but nobody ever does. Same for using ear plugs in the shower, who is going to do that?!

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Thing's that annoy yo S:O - annoy hardest
by Moggy » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:02 pm

Dowbocop wrote:
jawafour wrote:
Squinty wrote:
jawafour wrote:My mum visited the doctors due to an ear issue and she needs to have it syringed. "Lol can't do that on NHS any more as no funding!". Gotta pay out £60 to get it done privately :fp: :x .


You can get those oil things that break down wax after repeated applications. I think it's basically olive oil.

Ta for the update, Squinty! She did use the oil (you have to use that or something similar ahead of the syringing) but in some cases it doesn't clear. My mum paid out the money and her hearing is all good again now :-) .

It is olive oil, and stuff like Otex is diluted hydrogen peroxide I think. I have loads of the little single use baby bottles from when my son was in Alder Hey and I use one of them as a little olive oil dropper when i need to clean my ears out. I think you're supposed to do it weekly to keep it all clean but nobody ever does. Same for using ear plugs in the shower, who is going to do that?!


Ear plugs in the shower? Wtf?

User avatar
Yubel
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Nowhere
Contact:

PostRe: Thing's that annoy yo S:O - annoy hardest
by Yubel » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:17 pm

My dream a couple of nights ago saw me in some strangers kitchen holding a massive bag of nuts. I'd accidentally split the bag and was clutching that particular area to keep it from spilling out. I was anxiously waiting for an opportune moment to cut in to some shitty conversation to explain but thankfully I woke up before it was necessary.

User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: Thing's that annoy yo S:O - annoy hardest
by DarkRula » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:55 pm

That must have been an annoying dream. No action, little in the way of interaction with the world, and you never even got to the good bit where the owner of the house gave you a slap for splitting the bag which caused you to drop the nuts and then the owner shouts at you to clean it all up.

Image
Image
User avatar
Yubel
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Nowhere
Contact:

PostRe: Thing's that annoy yo S:O - annoy hardest
by Yubel » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:03 pm

What's annoying is that now the split may slowly expand over time and, if this is to be a recurring dream, I may return to a gaping fissure that I cannot possibly contain.

User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Thing's that annoy yo S:O - annoy hardest
by Pedz » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Was it a dream about not blowing your load prematurely?

ImageImage
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Thing's that annoy yo S:O - annoy hardest
by Pedz » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Was it a dream about not blowing your load prematurely?

ImageImage
User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Thing's that annoy yo S:O - annoy hardest
by Qikz » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:39 pm

Was it a dream about not blowing your load prematurely?

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Thing's that annoy yo S:O - annoy hardest
by Ad7 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:10 pm


Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Thing's that annoy yo S:O - annoy hardest
by Ad7 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:24 am

Remembering that a couple of years ago I had a job in the videogame industry that I loved and couldn't wait to go to, and now all I've got to look forward to is spending my day next to the incredible coughing man who utterly boils my piss.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Thing's that annoy yo S:O - annoy hardest
by Qikz » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:49 am

Ad7 wrote:Remembering that a couple of years ago I had a job in the videogame industry that I loved and couldn't wait to go to, and now all I've got to look forward to is spending my day next to the incredible coughing man who utterly boils my piss.


I'm back in our office today. I like the people but all of our clients piss me off to no end. On the phone people treat you as if you've got nothing else to do and they'll happily waste your time for no reason. Pisses me right off.

When I'm at our clients in London its much better, people are nice and people understand if they have to wait a little bit.

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Thing's that annoy yo S:O - annoy hardest
by Ad7 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:06 am

Your time is never more important than theirs. They can keep you waiting for something for as long as possible because it's an honour for you to interact with them.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Tsunade
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Thing's that annoy yo S:O - annoy hardest
by Tsunade » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:27 am

Woke up to a massive bumble bee in my bathroom. The windows weren't open, the only window I had open in the night was in my living room. I've checked everywhere to try and find a hole in the bathroom that that behemoth might have came through and found nothing. It wouldn't bother me so much (and would have thought it had flown in from the living room into the bathroom) if last year we hadn't had two massive wasps in there from seemingly nowhere. I want to know how the hell they're getting in!

Image
Image
User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Thing's that annoy yo S:O - annoy hardest
by Drumstick » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:30 am

Ad7 wrote:Remembering that a couple of years ago I had a job in the videogame industry that I loved and couldn't wait to go to

Why did you leave?

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Thing's that annoy yo S:O - annoy hardest
by Ad7 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:31 am

Drumstick wrote:
Ad7 wrote:Remembering that a couple of years ago I had a job in the videogame industry that I loved and couldn't wait to go to

Why did you leave?


It was Mad catz and we all got let go when they went bankrupt.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Thing's that annoy yo S:O - annoy hardest
by Squinty » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:42 am

Qikz wrote:
Ad7 wrote:Remembering that a couple of years ago I had a job in the videogame industry that I loved and couldn't wait to go to, and now all I've got to look forward to is spending my day next to the incredible coughing man who utterly boils my piss.


I'm back in our office today. I like the people but all of our clients piss me off to no end. On the phone people treat you as if you've got nothing else to do and they'll happily waste your time for no reason. Pisses me right off.

When I'm at our clients in London its much better, people are nice and people understand if they have to wait a little bit.


I've done customer service face to face before, and phone support is easily a lot worse. People really don't give a strawberry float, and you can almost instantly tell if someone is pissed at the start of the call.

I try not to argue with people, but honestly, there's only so much you can take. Sometimes I slip over that line but I usually am able to reign it back.

I absolutely hate people telling me information that I never asked for. Our clients are lonely and just want someone to talk to sometimes, and it goes into weird areas.

I've had people tell me about their sex life unprompted, some girl randomly told me she wasn't wearing any clothes a few weeks back. There are so many instances of stuff like this. People calling while they are on the loo are another one.

Bit of a rant. And I realise I just unloaded information that wasn't really relevant as well. Sorry!

User avatar
Dowbocop
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Thing's that annoy yo S:O - annoy hardest
by Dowbocop » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:52 am

Tsunade wrote:Woke up to a massive bumble bee in my bathroom. The windows weren't open, the only window I had open in the night was in my living room. I've checked everywhere to try and find a hole in the bathroom that that behemoth might have came through and found nothing. It wouldn't bother me so much (and would have thought it had flown in from the living room into the bathroom) if last year we hadn't had two massive wasps in there from seemingly nowhere. I want to know how the hell they're getting in!

I had two wasps in my bathroom last spring as well. Must have been the abnormally good summer. I've got a phobia of wasps so having to deal with them on my own is a real struggle. I think they get in through the loft as I was putting some loft flooring down a couple of weeks ago and I had to retreat as I kept waking up a queen :dread: . I went back up there after the cold snap to finish the work and it had died right on my loft boards. Or I thought it had died, because when I flicked it onto the insulation ITS LEGS STARTED MOVING. I should've just taken a drill to the bastard but I'm so scared of them I don't even like squashing them when they're dead or nearly dead, so now I'm scared it's woken up fully and started a nest :fp:
Moggy wrote:
Dowbocop wrote:
jawafour wrote:
Squinty wrote:
jawafour wrote:My mum visited the doctors due to an ear issue and she needs to have it syringed. "Lol can't do that on NHS any more as no funding!". Gotta pay out £60 to get it done privately :fp: :x .


You can get those oil things that break down wax after repeated applications. I think it's basically olive oil.

Ta for the update, Squinty! She did use the oil (you have to use that or something similar ahead of the syringing) but in some cases it doesn't clear. My mum paid out the money and her hearing is all good again now :-) .

It is olive oil, and stuff like Otex is diluted hydrogen peroxide I think. I have loads of the little single use baby bottles from when my son was in Alder Hey and I use one of them as a little olive oil dropper when i need to clean my ears out. I think you're supposed to do it weekly to keep it all clean but nobody ever does. Same for using ear plugs in the shower, who is going to do that?!


Ear plugs in the shower? Wtf?

Apparently it helps stop wax build-up...

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Thing's that annoy yo S:O - annoy hardest
by Moggy » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:02 am

The bloody moaning about Lent I have heard every day from the same person since this period of Lent started.

“Oh I would love some chocolate but I have given it up for Lent”
“I gave up chocolate, crisps and Dominos for Lent, it is so hard”
“Oh I am stressed, I would love some chocolate but can’t because of Lent”
“I can’t have a Dominos tonight, I gave it up for Lent”
“I swear this is the longest Lent ever”
“I don’t even go to church, but I never cheat with Lent, I don’t know why. I’d love some chocolate and am craving the salt of crisps”

strawberry floating shut up and eat some damn chocolate if you really want it! :x


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Blue Eyes, Chocolate-Milk, Crimson, Cuttooth, Garth, Johnny Jalfrezi, Mafro, Oblomov Boblomov, Poser, Preezy, Trelliz and 48 guests