Thing's that annoy u. Is it Friday yet PSML

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Thing's that annoy u. Is it Friday yet PSML
by Cuttooth » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:32 pm

Mafro wrote:0 day week because I'm off for just under 4 weeks 8-)

"Hello stranger you still work here then? Ha ha. Danny's gone by the way."

User avatar
Dual
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Stool Bloke

PostRe: Thing's that annoy u. Is it Friday yet PSML
by Dual » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:40 pm

Mafro wrote:0 day week because I'm off for just under 4 weeks 8-)


You've just been away!

User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Thing's that annoy u. Is it Friday yet PSML
by Ad7 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:48 pm

Pleased to meet you LOL

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Thing's that annoy u. Is it Friday yet PSML
by Cuttooth » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:53 pm

Dual wrote:
Mafro wrote:0 day week because I'm off for just under 4 weeks 8-)


You've just been away!

:lol:

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Thing's that annoy u. Is it Friday yet PSML
by Mafro » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:05 pm

I almost replied to it before realising.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
<]:^D
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Thing's that annoy u. Is it Friday yet PSML
by <]:^D » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:05 pm

Mafro wrote:People who have about 18 keyring on their keys and jingle them around as loudly as possible.


what about caretakers?

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Thing's that annoy u. Is it Friday yet PSML
by Moggy » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:31 am

<]:^D wrote:
Mafro wrote:People who have about 18 keyring on their keys and jingle them around as loudly as possible.


what about caretakers?


They should ahem take more care to not jingle them.

User avatar
Trelliz
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Thing's that annoy u. Is it Friday yet PSML
by Trelliz » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:22 am

Google maps offering me routes that are 30+ minutes slower as I'm going along. Why yes, I'd love my drive to take even longer, said noone ever.

Tragic Magic wrote:I'm giving esteem a name of crafty Fu mining pinitz strawberry float me I live roasted ponuts

Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: 40 light-years outside of the buttermilk nebula

PostRe: Thing's that annoy u. Is it Friday yet PSML
by Jenuall » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:28 am

Trelliz wrote:Google maps offering me routes that are 30+ minutes slower as I'm going along. Why yes, I'd love my drive to take even longer, said noone ever.

Yeah this is a funny one! It's great that it keeps checking alternates routes along the way and brilliant when it can suggest a change that saves you time, but why they still feel the need to show them in situations like this is bizarre!

Had one the other day where I was only about 10 minutes from my destination and it popped up an alternate that would have taken an extra 20 minutes... Uh no thanks! :lol:

Image
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Thing's that annoy u. Is it Friday yet PSML
by Preezy » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:34 am

Jenuall wrote:
Trelliz wrote:Google maps offering me routes that are 30+ minutes slower as I'm going along. Why yes, I'd love my drive to take even longer, said noone ever.

Yeah this is a funny one! It's great that it keeps checking alternates routes along the way and brilliant when it can suggest a change that saves you time, but why they still feel the need to show them in situations like this is bizarre!

Had one the other day where I was only about 10 minutes from my destination and it popped up an alternate that would have taken an extra 20 minutes... Uh no thanks! :lol:

I actually quite like that feature if I'm driving with a know-it-all in the passenger seat - "I normally go this way, it's much quicker" :roll:

Google disagrees.

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: 40 light-years outside of the buttermilk nebula

PostRe: Thing's that annoy u. Is it Friday yet PSML
by Jenuall » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:40 am

Preezy wrote:
Jenuall wrote:
Trelliz wrote:Google maps offering me routes that are 30+ minutes slower as I'm going along. Why yes, I'd love my drive to take even longer, said noone ever.

Yeah this is a funny one! It's great that it keeps checking alternates routes along the way and brilliant when it can suggest a change that saves you time, but why they still feel the need to show them in situations like this is bizarre!

Had one the other day where I was only about 10 minutes from my destination and it popped up an alternate that would have taken an extra 20 minutes... Uh no thanks! :lol:

I actually quite like that feature if I'm driving with a know-it-all in the passenger seat - "I normally go this way, it's much quicker" :roll:

Google disagrees.

Haha that is a fun bonus.

ALso I do sometimes like going another way to "prove google wrong" - it's 50:50 as to who is right usually! :lol:

Image
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Thing's that annoy u. Is it Friday yet PSML
by Preezy » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:48 am

Jenuall wrote:Haha that is a fun bonus.

ALso I do sometimes like going another way to "prove google wrong" - it's 50:50 as to who is right usually! :lol:

Oh without doubt, the satisfaction of beating the sat nav by 2 or 3 minutes (usually by driving like a lunatic) is beyond measure :datass:

User avatar
Heskimo
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Blackpool

PostRe: Thing's that annoy u. Is it Friday yet PSML
by Heskimo » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:19 am

On a similar note, I've had it sometimes come up with a route as I'm passing that I notice says "6 minutes faster" but it didn't bring up the automatic route change suggestion so I end up going past it as it was too late to swap.

What gives Google, you little prick?!

User avatar
Vermilion
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: Thing's that annoy u. Is it Friday yet PSML
by Vermilion » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:22 pm

Perhaps i'm just not very good at setting up things, but i bought a printer today, and getting it set up took well over an hour and seemed to require a phd to figure everything out.

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: 40 light-years outside of the buttermilk nebula

PostRe: Thing's that annoy u. Is it Friday yet PSML
by Jenuall » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:28 pm

:lol:

I've got a PhD in a computing subject and I still can't get my strawberry floating printer to work over wireless!

It is a really gooseberry fool printer though so I'm taking solace in that fact. :slol:

Image
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Thing's that annoy u. Is it Friday yet PSML
by Ad7 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:44 pm

People who make you wait forever for things and ask repeatedly to make themselves seem important.

Hey this thing will take 30 seconds to find and email to me.

Ask me in a month.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Thing's that annoy u. Is it Friday yet PSML
by jawafour » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:52 pm

Electricity prices.

Strawberry-float, I'm a single guy living in a flat; I can't be using that much juice.

Plot twist: 90% of the charges are probably spent on accessing GRcade :lol: .

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Thing's that annoy u. Is it Friday yet PSML
by Moggy » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:56 pm

jawafour wrote:Electricity prices.

Strawberry-float, I'm a single guy living in a flat; I can't be using that much juice.

Plot twist: 90% of the charges are probably spent on accessing GRcade :lol: .


I used to know a bloke that bought an ex-showroom flat. He never changed the utilities into his own name and never received a bill. That went on for 10 years and he was never cut off. I haven’t seen him for a few years though so they might have caught up with him by now. :lol:

Free electric and gas. Just imagine. :datass:

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Thing's that annoy u. Is it Friday yet PSML
by jawafour » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:59 pm

Moggy wrote:I used to know a bloke that bought an ex-showroom flat. He never changed the utilities into his own name and never received a bill. That went on for 10 years and he was never cut off...

Dang, that's awesome. I wonder if he's still there, free from the trauma of utility bills?

User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Thing's that annoy u. Is it Friday yet PSML
by Pedz » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:20 pm

jawafour wrote:
Moggy wrote:I used to know a bloke that bought an ex-showroom flat. He never changed the utilities into his own name and never received a bill. That went on for 10 years and he was never cut off...

Dang, that's awesome. I wonder if he's still there, free from the trauma of utility bills?


Do you pay for utilities in prison?

Image

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: gaminglegend, Lex-Man, mic, Oblomov Boblomov, Pedz, PuppetBoy, Qikz, Rich, satriales, Vermilion and 46 guests