AnnoyiNG things. I can see you're on your lunch break ...FREE FOR A CHAT?

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. I can see you're on your lunch break ...FREE FOR A CHAT?
by Moggy » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:33 pm

Victor Mildew wrote:Bristol is in Somerset :capnscotty:


It's not. :lol:

Bristol is it's own county. Previously part of Avon.

Image
User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. I can see you're on your lunch break ...FREE FOR A CHAT?
by Ironhide » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:36 pm

Moggy, do you talk like a pirate?

Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. I can see you're on your lunch break ...FREE FOR A CHAT?
by Jenuall » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:38 pm

Moggy wrote:
Victor Mildew wrote:Bristol is in Somerset :capnscotty:


It's not. :lol:

Bristol is it's own county. Previously part of Avon.

It's an historic thing. North of the Avon used to be part of Gloucestershire and south of it used to be in Somerset.

Some people find it hard to let go of these things. Speaking as a Gloucester boy we were more than happy to ditch Bristol! :P

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. I can see you're on your lunch break ...FREE FOR A CHAT?
by Moggy » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:39 pm

Jenuall wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Victor Mildew wrote:Bristol is in Somerset :capnscotty:


It's not. :lol:

Bristol is it's own county. Previously part of Avon.

It's an historic thing. North of the Avon used to be part of Gloucestershire and south of it used to be in Somerset.

Some people find it hard to let go of these things. Speaking as a Gloucester boy we were more than happy to ditch Bristol! :P


You must be ancient, Bristol became a county in 1373.

Image
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. I can see you're on your lunch break ...FREE FOR A CHAT?
by Victor Mildew » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:40 pm

Moggy wrote:
Victor Mildew wrote:Bristol is in Somerset :capnscotty:


It's not. :lol:

Bristol is it's own county. Previously part of Avon.


It's definitely in Somerset, I've been a few times. You get the bus to drive up the old wells road and when you stop there at the bus depot everyone sounds like a farmer. You can stand outside the Browns at the triangle and see the sign that says 'welcome to Bristol - definitely in somerset".

Plus the wurzels did a video promoting Avon windows in the 90s, further solidifying my case.

Edit: This one, I beleive it was filmed outside Bristol town hall

Last edited by Victor Mildew on Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. I can see you're on your lunch break ...FREE FOR A CHAT?
by Moggy » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:40 pm

Ironhide wrote:Moggy, do you talk like a pirate?


Arr?

Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. I can see you're on your lunch break ...FREE FOR A CHAT?
by Jenuall » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:40 pm

Moggy wrote:
Jenuall wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Victor Mildew wrote:Bristol is in Somerset :capnscotty:


It's not. :lol:

Bristol is it's own county. Previously part of Avon.

It's an historic thing. North of the Avon used to be part of Gloucestershire and south of it used to be in Somerset.

Some people find it hard to let go of these things. Speaking as a Gloucester boy we were more than happy to ditch Bristol! :P


You must be ancient, Bristol became a county in 1373.

People from outside of Bristol live much longer ;)

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. I can see you're on your lunch break ...FREE FOR A CHAT?
by Moggy » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:41 pm

Jenuall wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Jenuall wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Victor Mildew wrote:Bristol is in Somerset :capnscotty:


It's not. :lol:

Bristol is it's own county. Previously part of Avon.

It's an historic thing. North of the Avon used to be part of Gloucestershire and south of it used to be in Somerset.

Some people find it hard to let go of these things. Speaking as a Gloucester boy we were more than happy to ditch Bristol! :P


You must be ancient, Bristol became a county in 1373.

People from outside of Bristol live much longer ;)


You're from Gloucester. You cannot win this argument :lol:

Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. I can see you're on your lunch break ...FREE FOR A CHAT?
by Jenuall » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:43 pm

Moggy wrote:
Jenuall wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Jenuall wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Victor Mildew wrote:Bristol is in Somerset :capnscotty:


It's not. :lol:

Bristol is it's own county. Previously part of Avon.

It's an historic thing. North of the Avon used to be part of Gloucestershire and south of it used to be in Somerset.

Some people find it hard to let go of these things. Speaking as a Gloucester boy we were more than happy to ditch Bristol! :P


You must be ancient, Bristol became a county in 1373.

People from outside of Bristol live much longer ;)


You're from Gloucester. You cannot win this argument :lol:

Damn you! :lol:

Image
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. I can see you're on your lunch break ...FREE FOR A CHAT?
by KK » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:22 pm

Image

Image
User avatar
Vermilion
Gnome Thief
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. I can see you're on your lunch break ...FREE FOR A CHAT?
by Vermilion » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:12 pm

Moggy wrote:I've never lived in Somerset (I'm not posh enough) so yeah that was completely over my head. :lol:


Never really understood why Somerset is supposed to be posh, apart from Bath, it really isn't.

Jenuall wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Jenuall wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Jenuall wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Victor Mildew wrote:Bristol is in Somerset :capnscotty:


It's not. :lol:

Bristol is it's own county. Previously part of Avon.

It's an historic thing. North of the Avon used to be part of Gloucestershire and south of it used to be in Somerset.

Some people find it hard to let go of these things. Speaking as a Gloucester boy we were more than happy to ditch Bristol! :P


You must be ancient, Bristol became a county in 1373.

People from outside of Bristol live much longer ;)


You're from Gloucester. You cannot win this argument :lol:

Damn you! :lol:


Since when did Gloucester resemble Exeter?

User avatar
Vermilion
Gnome Thief
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. I can see you're on your lunch break ...FREE FOR A CHAT?
by Vermilion » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:52 pm

You guys are gonna have a field day with this in no context...

Oral Thrush! :dread:

Developed this gooseberry fool after having to undergo a course of antibiotics in July and it can make you feel like garbage, the surgery treated it with a 7 day course of nystatin, but clearly the course wasn't long enough as it started to come back, cue another 7 day course, which again, wasn't long enough.

Now i've been prescribed Daktarin, and while it's supposed to be a longer course (the doc did say this stuff can be stubborn to get rid of which was why the last treatments only suppressed it), it looks like cum and tastes like snot!

I really hate everything right now.

User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. I can see you're on your lunch break ...FREE FOR A CHAT?
by Ironhide » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:49 pm

Trying to set up my Samsung printer to print wirelessly is a strawberry floating nightmare, the instructions are poorly translated and its about twenty times more complicated than necessary, you have to install Samsungs own printer software, have it connected via USB during setup, enter a code stuck on the back of the bloody thing and summon Cthulu by sacrificing 100 virgins during a full moon on friday the 13th.

I still can't get it to connect.

That last step is optional

Image
User avatar
Errkal
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. I can see you're on your lunch break ...FREE FOR A CHAT?
by Errkal » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:54 pm

That is because printers are banana splits.

User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. I can see you're on your lunch break ...FREE FOR A CHAT?
by Lagamorph » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:55 pm

It does feel like Wireless printing is way more complicated than it needs to be.

My parents have a Wireless Epson printer that I managed to set up with just drivers and no Epson software, but when you turn on the power to the Printer it won't allow any wireless printing until you press "Ok" on a prompt on the in-built screen that says "Check your paper size", and there's no way to disable that splash screen :fp:

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Green Gecko
Treasurer
Joined in 2008
Location: Sussex
Contact:

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. I can see you're on your lunch break ...FREE FOR A CHAT?
by Green Gecko » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:14 am

Lagamorph wrote:It does feel like Wireless printing is way more complicated than it needs to be.

My parents have a Wireless Epson printer that I managed to set up with just drivers and no Epson software, but when you turn on the power to the Printer it won't allow any wireless printing until you press "Ok" on a prompt on the in-built screen that says "Check your paper size", and there's no way to disable that splash screen :fp:

On at least the business class Epsons you can set it to ignore mismatched paper size or check paper size, or type of paper, then it should just print without complaining. But it'll be on the fiddlly display on the device itself.

That does sound like a rather odd splash screen to have on a consumer inkjet.

Don't buy an inkjet printer unless it's designed for continuous use but then the problem becomes you have to continually use it or the print nozzles will expire. Most people don't need to print at all so change the paradigm not the "problem". Elderly parents or friends etc can strawberry float around with printers as much as they want to but as long as you are the go to guy for fixing them they won't appreciate it. So teach fhem how not to print instead. If they're fixing their printer all the time they can make the same time investment.

♥ gaems | t: @GRcade | FB: GRcadeUK | YT: GRcadeVideo | Twitch: GRcadeUK
Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. I can see you're on your lunch break ...FREE FOR A CHAT?
by Jenuall » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:00 pm

Image

Image

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aayl1, Bing [Bot], BTB, Dowbocop, Google [Bot], Lex-Man, Mafro, massimo, Memento Mori, Minty14, Photek, Qikz, shy guy 64, Snowcannon, Somebody Else's Problem, Trelliz, Tsunade, wensleydale and 137 guests