AnnoyiNG things. I can see you're on your lunch break ...FREE FOR A CHAT?

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. I can see you're on your lunch break ...FREE FOR A CHAT?
by KK » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:35 am

Argos have added another caveat into the small print as well, stating gift cards can't be used with promotional vouchers and codes. So having already got your money, it's now seemingly worth less to them than actual money from a new potential customer that may have gone to shop elsewhere. But not YOU my dear friend, you mug...you've already got a gift card from us, we know you ain't goin' nowhere else. Oh, and because we've dished out our gift cards in pathetic increments of £10 while limiting their use, we also now know you need to keep coming back to us over and over again. LOLZ.

Compare and contrast to Amazon, who let you gradually top-up the amount for years before spending it.

Image
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. I can see you're on your lunch break ...FREE FOR A CHAT?
by Tomous » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:57 am

KK wrote:Argos have added another caveat into the small print as well, stating gift cards can't be used with promotional vouchers and codes. So having already got your money, it's now seemingly worth less to them than actual money from a new potential customer that may have gone to shop elsewhere. But not YOU my dear friend, you mug...you've already got a gift card from us, we know you ain't goin' nowhere else. Oh, and because we've dished out our gift cards in pathetic increments of £10 while limiting their use, we also now know you need to keep coming back to us over and over again. LOLZ.

Compare and contrast to Amazon, who let you gradually top-up the amount for years before spending it.



That is ridiculous too.

It should be counted as a cash equivalent entirely. There should be more regulation on this.

Image
User avatar
Green Gecko
Treasurer
Joined in 2008
Location: Sussex
Contact:

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. I can see you're on your lunch break ...FREE FOR A CHAT?
by Green Gecko » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:42 pm

That's a really good point about the Amazon gift credit. My mum didn't need $100 so I've still got that for the US site. Very useful for importing things, or buying things that are cheaper/manufactured in the USA. I think they expire after 5 years.

This voucher code thing though. I strongly suspect it might have something to do with money laundering. But maybe they are just creating more reasons to kill off the high street. Money launderers and cyber theifs often comprimise accounts and then buy up vouchers, because they can be used without the associated payment method (I.e. Once they've been found out and locked out of the account that paid for them), and it's the fastest thing they can buy without any commitment. Then deal on those for black market goods, drugs or whatever.

Actually, it would be pretty funny if Tomous says it needs more regulation, but it's regulations that are limiting their use :lol:

But again, a great way to kill off the high street. These days, at least once or twice a year the only reason I visit a particular shop is because I got a gift card, and the same was the case when I was younger (WHSmiths etc, thankfully, this was when they still sold GameBoy games :wub:).

♥ gaems | t: @GRcade | FB: GRcadeUK | YT: GRcadeVideo | Twitch: GRcadeUK
Image
User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. I can see you're on your lunch break ...FREE FOR A CHAT?
by Somebody Else's Problem » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:30 pm

Jenuall wrote:We've got a scheme at work where we can buy discount gift cards for a whole bunch of retailers so I'm frequently buying stuff either in stores or online with a whole bunch of different vouchers so that could be annoying if they start to limit things!


We have something like that, too. Comes in very useful around Christmas

Image
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. I can see you're on your lunch break ...FREE FOR A CHAT?
by Lagamorph » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:59 pm

I used to save a fortune with vouchers from Currys whenever myself or someone in the family was buying new appliances or a new TV. When I bought my LG C8 OLED I was able to save over £200 from buying about £2,200 worth of vouchers, which was spread across a £2,000 and a £2,000 voucher.

Now though the portal to purchase them has limited Currys vouchers to a maximum of £150 per purchase and 3 purchases per day. As we only found out whilst trying to sort a new Oven and Hob for my Grandma and only after hitting the limits, because they hadn't actually stated this limit on the purchase page and were still stating you could buy them in up to £2,000 increments.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. I can see you're on your lunch break ...FREE FOR A CHAT?
by Jenuall » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:01 am

Looking at possibly buying a new TV at the moment so using discounted vouchers from work is very much on my agenda. Having a look at Curry's it seems that you can use a maximum of 10 vouchers per order now so it's not too restrictive

Image
User avatar
Winckle
Technician
Joined in 2008
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. I can see you're on your lunch break ...FREE FOR A CHAT?
by Winckle » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:12 pm

Jenuall wrote:Looking at possibly buying a new TV at the moment so using discounted vouchers from work is very much on my agenda. Having a look at Curry's it seems that you can use a maximum of 10 vouchers per order now so it's not too restrictive

Whether or not it's too much depends on how big you want it.

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. I can see you're on your lunch break ...FREE FOR A CHAT?
by Jenuall » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:18 pm

Image

Image
User avatar
jawa
Member
Joined in 2020

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. I can see you're on your lunch break ...FREE FOR A CHAT?
by jawa » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:32 pm

There are roadworks (large sewage drain replacement) being undertaken by my flat over the course of the next week or so and traffic lights were set up about two hours ago.

Cue some di*khead drivers endlessly tooting their horns because some cars aren't pulling away at 50mph as soon as the lights change to amber.

Gonna be a long week and I *think* the actual digging work may be taking place on a 24/7 basis :dread: .

User avatar
Winckle
Technician
Joined in 2008
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. I can see you're on your lunch break ...FREE FOR A CHAT?
by Winckle » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:18 pm

jawa wrote:There are roadworks (large sewage drain replacement) being undertaken by my flat over the course of the next week or so and traffic lights were set up about two hours ago.

Cue some di*khead drivers endlessly tooting their horns because some cars aren't pulling away at 50mph as soon as the lights change to amber.

Gonna be a long week and I *think* the actual digging work may be taking place on a 24/7 basis :dread: .

Time for the noise cancelling headphones I think Jawa, that sounds miserable.

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. I can see you're on your lunch break ...FREE FOR A CHAT?
by Jenuall » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:20 pm

24/7 digging sounds like a nightmare, and possibly not even legal? :dread:

Time to release the wasps methinks... :nod:

Image
User avatar
jawa
Member
Joined in 2020

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. I can see you're on your lunch break ...FREE FOR A CHAT?
by jawa » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:29 pm

Winckle wrote:Time for the noise cancelling headphones I think Jawa, that sounds miserable.

Jenuall wrote:24/7 digging sounds like a nightmare, and possibly not even legal? :dread: ...

Too hot to handle, too cold to hold
They're called the Ghostbusters and they're in control
Had 'em throwin' a party for a bunch of children
While all the while the slime was under the building
So they packed up their group, got a grip, came equipped
Grabbed their proton packs off their back and they split
Found about Vigo, the master of evil
Try to battle my boys? That's not legal


Hee, guys, yeah - I'm not sure if it will be overnight digging... they don't seem to have actually started yet even though the lights are in operation. Guess I'll be finding out soon. On the bright side, maybe I'll be awake to do some 2am Dark Souls streams 8-) .

Jenuall wrote:...Time to release the wasps methinks... :nod:

All the digging and noise could cause the wasps and parakeets to fight back?!? Time to battle?!?

User avatar
Green Gecko
Treasurer
Joined in 2008
Location: Sussex
Contact:

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. I can see you're on your lunch break ...FREE FOR A CHAT?
by Green Gecko » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:35 pm

I can't stand chronic car tooters. It's usually over something totally banal too, like a car doing a u turn for more than 20 seconds, but not just pressing the horn - I've heard people literally holding it down continuously for what feels like an eternity. strawberry float those entitled pricks.

♥ gaems | t: @GRcade | FB: GRcadeUK | YT: GRcadeVideo | Twitch: GRcadeUK
Image
User avatar
jawa
Member
Joined in 2020

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. I can see you're on your lunch break ...FREE FOR A CHAT?
by jawa » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:39 pm

Green Gecko wrote:...strawberry float those entitled pricks.

I am in full agreement, Gecko, and I suspect that my conviction will only grow stronger over the next few days.

User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. I can see you're on your lunch break ...FREE FOR A CHAT?
by Ironhide » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:09 pm

Green Gecko wrote:I can't stand chronic car tooters. It's usually over something totally banal too, like a car doing a u turn for more than 20 seconds, but not just pressing the horn - I've heard people literally holding it down continuously for what feels like an eternity. strawberry float those entitled pricks.


I once witnessed someone in a traffic jam in Barcelona climb through the sunroof onto the roof of their car where they sat continuously pressing the horn with their feet whilst shouting expletives at the hundred or so cars in front of them.

Image
User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. I can see you're on your lunch break ...FREE FOR A CHAT?
by Somebody Else's Problem » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:29 pm

Ironhide wrote:
Green Gecko wrote:I can't stand chronic car tooters. It's usually over something totally banal too, like a car doing a u turn for more than 20 seconds, but not just pressing the horn - I've heard people literally holding it down continuously for what feels like an eternity. strawberry float those entitled pricks.


I once witnessed someone in a traffic jam in Barcelona climb through the sunroof onto the roof of their car where they sat continuously pressing the horn with their feet whilst shouting expletives at the hundred or so cars in front of them.


Really, at that point you have to applaud their inventiveness and commitment to it.

Image
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. I can see you're on your lunch break ...FREE FOR A CHAT?
by DarkRula » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:51 pm

And their willingness to be a target for the ire of those behind them.

Image
Image
User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. I can see you're on your lunch break ...FREE FOR A CHAT?
by Ironhide » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:45 pm

Had to put off ordering a TV unit as it would have arrived too early to have anywhere to put it.

Just checked to see if its still in stock and its now saying 16-17 weeks estimated delivery time, FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Its the only one I've seen that isn't utter gooseberry fool and not ridiculously overpriced. Arse!

Image
User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. I can see you're on your lunch break ...FREE FOR A CHAT?
by Ironhide » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:52 pm

Somebody Else's Problem wrote:
Ironhide wrote:
Green Gecko wrote:I can't stand chronic car tooters. It's usually over something totally banal too, like a car doing a u turn for more than 20 seconds, but not just pressing the horn - I've heard people literally holding it down continuously for what feels like an eternity. strawberry float those entitled pricks.


I once witnessed someone in a traffic jam in Barcelona climb through the sunroof onto the roof of their car where they sat continuously pressing the horn with their feet whilst shouting expletives at the hundred or so cars in front of them.


Really, at that point you have to applaud their inventiveness and commitment to it.


The cause of the traffic jam turned out to be an elderly woman who'd stopped her car in the middle of the road to write a postcard and then left it there while she went to go and post it (I wish I was joking).

I think the guy on the car roof had the right idea.

Image
User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. I can see you're on your lunch break ...FREE FOR A CHAT?
by Qikz » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:54 pm

Ironhide wrote:
Somebody Else's Problem wrote:
Ironhide wrote:
Green Gecko wrote:I can't stand chronic car tooters. It's usually over something totally banal too, like a car doing a u turn for more than 20 seconds, but not just pressing the horn - I've heard people literally holding it down continuously for what feels like an eternity. strawberry float those entitled pricks.


I once witnessed someone in a traffic jam in Barcelona climb through the sunroof onto the roof of their car where they sat continuously pressing the horn with their feet whilst shouting expletives at the hundred or so cars in front of them.


Really, at that point you have to applaud their inventiveness and commitment to it.


The cause of the traffic jam turned out to be an elderly woman who'd stopped her car in the middle of the road to write a postcard and then left it there while she went to go and post it (I wish I was joking).

I think the guy on the car roof had the right idea.


This sounds insane enough that it wouldn't even be a plot point in a sitcom.

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BTB, Errkal, Frank, Garth, Joer, Memento Mori, mic, Oblomov Boblomov, poshrule_uk, PuppetBoy, The Watching Artist, Tsunade and 129 guests