AnnoyiNG things. I can see you're on your lunch break ...FREE FOR A CHAT?

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. I can see you're on your lunch break ...FREE FOR A CHAT?
by Ironhide » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:03 pm

Green Gecko wrote:I wouldn't be surprised at all if a bunch of nerds have already retrofitted off switches into some of these things.


Wouldn't actually be too difficult to do.

Image
User avatar
Chocolate-Milk
Member
Joined in 2015
AKA: Guy Brush of Lincolnshire

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. I can see you're on your lunch break ...FREE FOR A CHAT?
by Chocolate-Milk » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:47 pm

That strawberry floating Smyth's advert is back. :dread:

Image
It was me, Dio!
User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. I can see you're on your lunch break ...FREE FOR A CHAT?
by Return_of_the_STAR » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:28 pm

Chocolate-Milk wrote:That strawberry floating Smyth's advert is back. :dread:


The one featuring the giraffe called Geoffrey and how everything is all under one roof :cry: :cry: :cry:

User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. I can see you're on your lunch break ...FREE FOR A CHAT?
by Qikz » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:32 pm

Return_of_the_STAR wrote:
Chocolate-Milk wrote:That strawberry floating Smyth's advert is back. :dread:


The one featuring the giraffe called Geoffrey and how everything is all under one roof :cry: :cry: :cry:


I don't remember this episode of friends.

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. I can see you're on your lunch break ...FREE FOR A CHAT?
by Return_of_the_STAR » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:39 pm

Qikz wrote:
Return_of_the_STAR wrote:
Chocolate-Milk wrote:That strawberry floating Smyth's advert is back. :dread:


The one featuring the giraffe called Geoffrey and how everything is all under one roof :cry: :cry: :cry:


I don't remember this episode of friends.


Maybe his name was Gunther.

User avatar
Chocolate-Milk
Member
Joined in 2015
AKA: Guy Brush of Lincolnshire

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. I can see you're on your lunch break ...FREE FOR A CHAT?
by Chocolate-Milk » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:40 pm

On the subject of adverts

"Don't mind if I Bailey's"

Bailey's isn't a strawberry floating verb. Stop trying to make brands into verbs.

Image
It was me, Dio!
User avatar
Zilnad
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. I can see you're on your lunch break ...FREE FOR A CHAT?
by Zilnad » Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:45 am

Chocolate-Milk wrote:On the subject of adverts

"Don't mind if I Bailey's"

Bailey's isn't a strawberry floating verb. Stop trying to make brands into verbs.


I haven't seen that one. Let me Google it.

User avatar
Errkal
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. I can see you're on your lunch break ...FREE FOR A CHAT?
by Errkal » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:10 am

Chocolate-Milk wrote:On the subject of adverts

"Don't mind if I Bailey's"

Bailey's isn't a strawberry floating verb. Stop trying to make brands into verbs.


Worst is that it bangs on about being inventive yet they have used the same strawberry floating advert for 5 years.

User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. I can see you're on your lunch break ...FREE FOR A CHAT?
by Victor Mildew » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:37 am

Having to deal with console fanboy-ism when you're a grown man. Jesus strawberry floating Christ

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. I can see you're on your lunch break ...FREE FOR A CHAT?
by Corazon de Leon » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:38 am

It’s quite depressing to see how territorial some people get with consumer goods.

Image
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. I can see you're on your lunch break ...FREE FOR A CHAT?
by Victor Mildew » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:42 am

I've actually got a headache now from the conversation I've just had. This gooseberry fool was embarassing at school let alone now.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. I can see you're on your lunch break ...FREE FOR A CHAT?
by Tomous » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:45 am

Where did you bump into gamerforever?

Image
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. I can see you're on your lunch break ...FREE FOR A CHAT?
by Victor Mildew » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:48 am

I'd actually say it's worse than that.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
jawa
Member
Joined in 2020

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. I can see you're on your lunch break ...FREE FOR A CHAT?
by jawa » Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:18 am

Tomous wrote:Where did you bump into gamerforever?

Tom, things have changed :o .

User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. I can see you're on your lunch break ...FREE FOR A CHAT?
by Tomous » Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:27 am

jawa wrote:
Tomous wrote:Where did you bump into gamerforever?

Tom, things have changed :o .


Greatest anime betrayal of all time :o

Image
User avatar
jawa
Member
Joined in 2020

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. I can see you're on your lunch break ...FREE FOR A CHAT?
by jawa » Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:28 am

Tomous wrote:
jawa wrote:
Tomous wrote:Where did you bump into gamerforever?

Tom, things have changed :o .


Greatest anime betrayal of all time :o

:lol: .

User avatar
Lotus
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. I can see you're on your lunch break ...FREE FOR A CHAT?
by Lotus » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:56 am

Micah Richards. Unbearable, and seems to be all over TV and radio. :dread:

Websites. So full of shite these days.

You navigate to a website and wait for about a week for it all to load. Instantly you're hit with a message about cookies, and of course if you want to opt-out you have to click off the page and manually untick several boxes or turn off toggles, whereas accepting everything is one click. And don't expect the site to remember your preferences, so be prepared to do this every time you visit the page. And then do the same on every other site you visit ever again.

When you actually start trying to use the site, you've barely moved the cursor before a pop-up asks you to complete a survey and rate your experience. Yes, I've been using the site for less than 10 seconds, I'm sure I can provide you with useful feedback on your site, its features, and your products. Click off that and find something you want to look at. Go to click on it, but an advert or other part of the page suddenly loads and the link moves, so you inadvertedly end up clicking on the advert. A new page opens and takes you to some shite you don't care about. Close that and go back to the page you were trying to browse. A chat window pops up with someone asking you if you need help. strawberry floating hell, how about you give me a chance first? Close the chat window. Scroll down the page, full of adverts, auto-playing videos, and new things loading all the time, so it's painfully slow. Close the page and wonder why you bothered, and why companies make their websites so horrible to use.

User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. I can see you're on your lunch break ...FREE FOR A CHAT?
by Drumstick » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:03 pm

Lotus wrote:Micah Richards. Unbearable, and seems to be all over TV and radio. :dread:

Websites. So full of shite these days.

You navigate to a website and wait for about a week for it all to load. Instantly you're hit with a message about cookies, and of course if you want to opt-out you have to click off the page and manually untick several boxes or turn off toggles, whereas accepting everything is one click. And don't expect the site to remember your preferences, so be prepared to do this every time you visit the page. And then do the same on every other site you visit ever again.

When you actually start trying to use the site, you've barely moved the cursor before a pop-up asks you to complete a survey and rate your experience. Yes, I've been using the site for less than 10 seconds, I'm sure I can provide you with useful feedback on your site, its features, and your products. Click off that and find something you want to look at. Go to click on it, but an advert or other part of the page suddenly loads and the link moves, so you inadvertedly end up clicking on the advert. A new page opens and takes you to some shite you don't care about. Close that and go back to the page you were trying to browse. A chat window pops up with someone asking you if you need help. strawberry floating hell, how about you give me a chance first? Close the chat window. Scroll down the page, full of adverts, auto-playing videos, and new things loading all the time, so it's painfully slow. Close the page and wonder why you bothered, and why companies make their websites so horrible to use.

To never have to deal with the cookies message again, download the I don't care about cookies extension.

To block all the other gooseberry fool, download the uBlock Origin and AdBlock extensions.

You shouldn't have to take these measures to get a decent experience but hey.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
jawa
Member
Joined in 2020

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. I can see you're on your lunch break ...FREE FOR A CHAT?
by jawa » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:44 pm

The sewer drain replacement in my road is hopefully nearing completion now; it's due to finish this week. Good job, too, as I continue to be exasperated by the drivers who toot their horns when the vehicle at the front of the lights doesn't pull away within three milliseconds of the light turning green.

User avatar
jawa
Member
Joined in 2020

PostRe: AnnoyiNG things. I can see you're on your lunch break ...FREE FOR A CHAT?
by jawa » Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:42 pm

jawa wrote:The sewer drain replacement in my road is hopefully nearing completion now; it's due to finish this week...

...it has been extended by a further four days :x :lol: .


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dowbocop, Errkal, Google [Bot], Skarjo, Somebody Else's Problem, Ste, Tafdolphin, Trelliz, Vermilion, Zilnad and 75 guests