Thing's that annoy u. Is it Friday yet PSML

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by Moggy » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:49 pm

Preezy wrote:Where do we stand on tipping the remains of a crisp bag into one's mouth?


Anybody that doesn't do it is a wasteful monster.

User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by Lagamorph » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:53 pm

Jenuall wrote:
Rax wrote:
Jenuall wrote:Those indicator lights you get on some newer cars (mainly seems to be Audi's) that sort of "pulse" from one side to the other. What the strawberry float was wrong with a blinking light!?

As well as being visually annoying I think they are actually somewhat distracting as well, and anything that takes people attention off the road is a bad idea IMO.

I think they look cool and Id say theyre only distracting cos theyre new and different, once theyre common place you wont take any notice of them.


Ok Michael Knight, of course they're cool! :P

Yes the distraction will diminish over time as they become more common, but that still doesn't make it a good idea!

What's worse is that I believe on some models you can actually program the lights to use different patterns - we're going to end up with the roads full of cars that look like a 90's disco!

Sounds like you're jealous that your indicators are so boring in comparison.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by Preezy » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:09 pm

Ad7 wrote:I'll allow it.

Jenuall wrote:I do the crisp bag tipping thing, I do always think it's a bit vulgar but those crisp crumbs are so darn tasty!

Moggy wrote:Anybody that doesn't do it is a wasteful monster.

I'm glad the moral weight of the forum is behind me on this one :lol:

I also partake in the tipper style for the crisp dregs, but I'm always conscious that it probably looks a bit uncouth.

Image
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by Squinty » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:19 pm

Ad7 wrote:I'll allow it.

Licking and or sucking ones fingers after eating crisps is unacceptable.


I do this. They are all greasy and the grease deserves to be in my belly.

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Under the raft

PostRe: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by Jenuall » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:29 pm

I do lick and/or suck but only for certain types. Standard crisps will just get brushed off, but something like Doritos will get a good old lick!

ImageImage
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by Squinty » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:32 pm

Jenuall wrote:I do lick and/or suck but only for certain types. Standard crisps will just get brushed off, but something like Doritos will get a good old lick!


Dat crisp taste mixed with human sweat :datass:

User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by Pedz » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:32 pm

Jenuall wrote:I do the crisp bag tipping thing, I do always think it's a bit vulgar but those crisp crumbs are so darn tasty!


If I'm playing games I'll open a bag and do it from start to finish. I don't want my hands getting greasy and greasing up my pads.

ImageImage
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Under the raft

PostRe: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by Jenuall » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:49 pm

Lagamorph wrote:
Jenuall wrote:
Rax wrote:
Jenuall wrote:Those indicator lights you get on some newer cars (mainly seems to be Audi's) that sort of "pulse" from one side to the other. What the strawberry float was wrong with a blinking light!?

As well as being visually annoying I think they are actually somewhat distracting as well, and anything that takes people attention off the road is a bad idea IMO.

I think they look cool and Id say theyre only distracting cos theyre new and different, once theyre common place you wont take any notice of them.


Ok Michael Knight, of course they're cool! :P

Yes the distraction will diminish over time as they become more common, but that still doesn't make it a good idea!

What's worse is that I believe on some models you can actually program the lights to use different patterns - we're going to end up with the roads full of cars that look like a 90's disco!

Sounds like you're jealous that your indicators are so boring in comparison.


True, in fact my indicators barely work. :cry:

Pedz wrote:
Jenuall wrote:I do the crisp bag tipping thing, I do always think it's a bit vulgar but those crisp crumbs are so darn tasty!
If I'm playing games I'll open a bag and do it from start to finish. I don't want my hands getting greasy and greasing up my pads.


We've got a pro here people! :D

ImageImage
User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by Death's Head » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:33 pm

The location of the date being inconsistent on credit card receipts. Every month I tick off my receipts against my statements and it is strawberry floating annoying trying to find the dates when they can be at the top, middle or end of the receipt. Special bonus point (i.e. strawberry float you) to those companies who print on a receipt that includes their logo to make the job of finding the date that bit more annoying.

Yes?
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by Rex Kramer » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:49 pm

Jenuall wrote:
Lagamorph wrote:
Jenuall wrote:
Rax wrote:
Jenuall wrote:Those indicator lights you get on some newer cars (mainly seems to be Audi's) that sort of "pulse" from one side to the other. What the strawberry float was wrong with a blinking light!?

As well as being visually annoying I think they are actually somewhat distracting as well, and anything that takes people attention off the road is a bad idea IMO.

I think they look cool and Id say theyre only distracting cos theyre new and different, once theyre common place you wont take any notice of them.


Ok Michael Knight, of course they're cool! :P

Yes the distraction will diminish over time as they become more common, but that still doesn't make it a good idea!

What's worse is that I believe on some models you can actually program the lights to use different patterns - we're going to end up with the roads full of cars that look like a 90's disco!

Sounds like you're jealous that your indicators are so boring in comparison.


True, in fact my indicators barely work.

Are you sure you're not an Audi driver?

User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by Lagamorph » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:06 pm

Rex Kramer wrote:
Jenuall wrote:
Lagamorph wrote:
Jenuall wrote:
Rax wrote:
Jenuall wrote:Those indicator lights you get on some newer cars (mainly seems to be Audi's) that sort of "pulse" from one side to the other. What the strawberry float was wrong with a blinking light!?

As well as being visually annoying I think they are actually somewhat distracting as well, and anything that takes people attention off the road is a bad idea IMO.

I think they look cool and Id say theyre only distracting cos theyre new and different, once theyre common place you wont take any notice of them.


Ok Michael Knight, of course they're cool! :P

Yes the distraction will diminish over time as they become more common, but that still doesn't make it a good idea!

What's worse is that I believe on some models you can actually program the lights to use different patterns - we're going to end up with the roads full of cars that look like a 90's disco!

Sounds like you're jealous that your indicators are so boring in comparison.


True, in fact my indicators barely work.

Are you sure you're not an Audi driver?

You're thinking of BMW drivers. I have to feel sorry for them though, indicators must drain the car battery, that must be why they never use them.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Under the raft

PostRe: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by Jenuall » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:26 pm

Lagamorph wrote:
Rex Kramer wrote:
Jenuall wrote:
Lagamorph wrote:
Jenuall wrote:
Rax wrote:
Jenuall wrote:Those indicator lights you get on some newer cars (mainly seems to be Audi's) that sort of "pulse" from one side to the other. What the strawberry float was wrong with a blinking light!?

As well as being visually annoying I think they are actually somewhat distracting as well, and anything that takes people attention off the road is a bad idea IMO.

I think they look cool and Id say theyre only distracting cos theyre new and different, once theyre common place you wont take any notice of them.


Ok Michael Knight, of course they're cool! :P

Yes the distraction will diminish over time as they become more common, but that still doesn't make it a good idea!

What's worse is that I believe on some models you can actually program the lights to use different patterns - we're going to end up with the roads full of cars that look like a 90's disco!

Sounds like you're jealous that your indicators are so boring in comparison.


True, in fact my indicators barely work.

Are you sure you're not an Audi driver?

You're thinking of BMW drivers. I have to feel sorry for them though, indicators must drain the car battery, that must be why they never use them.


No I just drive an incredibly old (18 years!) VW Polo and pretty much everything on it is dead or dying now, it was a cheap second car - I'm not a povvo honest! :slol:

But then I see all these brand new BMW's and Audi's driving around and their indicators obviously just don't work even when new so I figure what's the point in buying a new car!

ImageImage
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by Ad7 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:33 pm

Audi drivers are only second to ST drivers now, bmw has been shunted to third (but no doubt will overtake a line of stationary traffic at a junction in the near future to retake the top of the split chart).

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by Death's Head » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:11 pm

The indicators on our Audi work just fine, as did the ones on my BMW. Not the latest models though so maybe quality control has dropped recently.

Yes?
User avatar
smurphy
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: A Little Cocky Child
Location: Scotland

PostRe: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by smurphy » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:14 pm

Came in from lunch today and some utter maniac had the AC at 24°. My back was like a strawberry floating river. Cranked that baby down to 19° and had a lovely afternoon.

User avatar
<]:^D
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by <]:^D » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:04 pm

sexist pig

User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Wherever you want me to be, baby

PostRe: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by Somebody Else's Problem » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:25 pm

Ad7 wrote:(but no doubt will overtake a line of stationary traffic at a junction in the near future to retake the top of the split chart).


I understood that reference.

Image
User avatar
RichardUK
Member
Joined in 2015
Location: Nottinghamshire & Bavaria
Contact:

PostRe: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by RichardUK » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:16 am

There’s a fly somewhere in this room, I’m trying to go to sleep but all I can hear is a fait buzzing sound, I’m not even sure if it’s still in here or if I’m just thinking I can hear it still, either way it’s pretty annoying!

Image
Image
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Under the raft

PostRe: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by Jenuall » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:17 am

That has to be one of the main drawbacks of the weather being hot, as soon as you open your windows all manner of insects decides it's party time at your place and fly on in. Leave me alone you winged beasts!

Had a truly disgusting insect incident last night that I'm still not entirely sure what the cause of it was. The windows had been open in a room downstairs pretty much all day but nobody had been in there, then when I went to lock the house up before bed I entered the room and discovered that there were literally hundreds of what I presume were adolescent mosquitos all over the walls and ceilings! It was like that scene from Temple of Doom, except with fewer Asian kids shouting at me.

I had to wade in with the vacuum and suck them all up, probably took 20 minutes to get all the little buggers! Only thing I can imagine is that somehow eggs had been laid in the window frame and these little bastards had all hatched in there and then instead of heading out into the world made their way into my house! :dread:

ImageImage
User avatar
Errkal
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings

PostRe: Things that annoy you 5.0 - annoy harder
by Errkal » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:20 am

Do you live in a swamp or something? Most I get is a fly or two and occasionally ants.


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cuttooth, darksideby182, Joer, Johnny Jalfrezi, poshrule_uk, PuppetBoy, Rhubarb, Saint of Killers, Tafdolphin, Zaichik and 64 guests