Thing's that annoy u. Is it Friday yet PSML

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Thing's that annoy u. Is it Friday yet PSML
by Squinty » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:54 pm

Pedz wrote:
Squinty wrote:
Mafro wrote:People on Twitter using/exploiting crowdfunding to pay for vet bills.


Sort of similar, but when I heard how much successful people make on Twitch, my mouth dropped.

Some of them make more in a month than I do in a year. That's strawberry floating insane.


Start streaming. Maybe you'll earn the same.


I don't think I could ever do that. Seems like begging or exploiting the foolishness of people with more money than sense.

User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: Thing's that annoy u. Is it Friday yet PSML
by DarkRula » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:56 pm

If only it was that easy. You have to be able to maintain an audience who would be willing to support you. But if you do find it, it stands a chance to increase, thus getting you more money. And unlike Youtube, all of that money goes to the person, hence why many are migrating from Youtube to Twitch.

I've been thinking about doing it, just to try it out, but I really don't think I can hold a constant stream of talk to engage a viewer.

Image
Image
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Thing's that annoy u. Is it Friday yet PSML
by Victor Mildew » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:41 pm

Tsunade wrote:Some dickhead round here has a new motorbike. I don't mind motorbikes, I grew up around them, but driving around the estate and constantly revving the engine till about 12am every day is really grating on my nerves. It's been happening since Monday.


There's someone around here doing the same, although he seems to have given it a rest recently. Some middle aged man with a noisey Harley type bike, just riding it up and down our road all day, wearing a black shell type helmet with a white skull on it, and wearing a black vest :fp: The last time he was doing it I felt like telling him to strawberry float off and have his mid-life crisis somehwere else.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Thing's that annoy u. Is it Friday yet PSML
by Pedz » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:31 am

DarkRula wrote:If only it was that easy. You have to be able to maintain an audience who would be willing to support you. But if you do find it, it stands a chance to increase, thus getting you more money. And unlike Youtube, all of that money goes to the person, hence why many are migrating from Youtube to Twitch.

I've been thinking about doing it, just to try it out, but I really don't think I can hold a constant stream of talk to engage a viewer.


Sub money and bits don't and also if you have donations through PayPal they take a cut. I had a $100 donAtion before PayPal took some, then when transferring it to my bank they took more. banana splits.

Image
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Thing's that annoy u. Is it Friday yet PSML
by Pedz » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:36 am

Pedz wrote:
DarkRula wrote:If only it was that easy. You have to be able to maintain an audience who would be willing to support you. But if you do find it, it stands a chance to increase, thus getting you more money. And unlike Youtube, all of that money goes to the person, hence why many are migrating from Youtube to Twitch.

I've been thinking about doing it, just to try it out, but I really don't think I can hold a constant stream of talk to engage a viewer.


Sub money and bits (well you do with bits but you buy them from Twitch itself) don't and also if you have donations through PayPal they take a cut. I had a $100 donAtion before PayPal took some, then when transferring it to my bank they took more. banana splits.

Image
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Thing's that annoy u. Is it Friday yet PSML
by Lagamorph » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:25 am

I'd be a terrible streamer, I lack the attention span to keep myself focused on a single game for a prolonged period, let alone keep an audience engaged. I flutter between 2-3 games at a time and move between them on a whim.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Albear
Moderator
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Thing's that annoy u. Is it Friday yet PSML
by Albear » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:56 am

It would be 20 mins of me playing with settings, reinstalling a driver and then getting distracted by a cat video on YouTube before going out for a cigarette.

BESURETOSMASHTHATLIKEBUTTON!

User avatar
kazanova_Frankenstein
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Thing's that annoy u. Is it Friday yet PSML
by kazanova_Frankenstein » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:04 am

Albear wrote:It would be 20 mins of me playing with settings, reinstalling a driver and then getting distracted by a cat video on YouTube before going out for a cigarette.

BESURETOSMASHTHATLIKEBUTTON!


You sound like a streamer i could actually get on board with.

Image
Image
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: Thing's that annoy u. Is it Friday yet PSML
by DarkRula » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:26 am

Pedz wrote:
DarkRula wrote:If only it was that easy. You have to be able to maintain an audience who would be willing to support you. But if you do find it, it stands a chance to increase, thus getting you more money. And unlike Youtube, all of that money goes to the person, hence why many are migrating from Youtube to Twitch.

I've been thinking about doing it, just to try it out, but I really don't think I can hold a constant stream of talk to engage a viewer.


Sub money and bits don't and also if you have donations through PayPal they take a cut. I had a $100 donAtion before PayPal took some, then when transferring it to my bank they took more. banana splits.


Well, I'm sure it's still better than however much you'd get from Youtube in the same amount of time, hence why plenty of general game players are moving to Twitch. Although, should Paypal really have taken two cuts from that donation?

Image
Image
User avatar
Tsunade
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Thing's that annoy u. Is it Friday yet PSML
by Tsunade » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:35 am

Ad7 wrote:
Tsunade wrote:Some dickhead round here has a new motorbike. I don't mind motorbikes, I grew up around them, but driving around the estate and constantly revving the engine till about 12am every day is really grating on my nerves. It's been happening since Monday.


There's someone around here doing the same, although he seems to have given it a rest recently. Some middle aged man with a noisey Harley type bike, just riding it up and down our road all day, wearing a black shell type helmet with a white skull on it, and wearing a black vest :fp: The last time he was doing it I felt like telling him to strawberry float off and have his mid-life crisis somehwere else.

3am this morning a tow truck took away my upstairs neighbours motorbike. 3am. Who the hell calls a recovery truck at 3am? When the bike is parked and had been all day since 10am? It's not the same bike that's been speeding round but it was just as annoying.

Image
Image
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Thing's that annoy u. Is it Friday yet PSML
by Rex Kramer » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:25 am

strawberry floating Wayfair and the shitty strawberry floating courier company they use. Ordered furniture on Monday with delivery for Weds. Shipment has been with XDP (their courier) since 3pm on Tuesday afternoon and at the delivery depot since 5am on Weds morning. And there it still sits. Had someone at home for the last two days in case it gets delivered. Pretty obvious they've got nothing else to deliver in the surrounding area so they're just no bothering. Just phoned Wayfair and basically told them if it doesn't come today then cancel the order. Avoid this company at all costs, particularly if they're using XDP for your delivery.

User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Thing's that annoy u. Is it Friday yet PSML
by Victor Mildew » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:48 pm

Tsunade wrote:
Ad7 wrote:
Tsunade wrote:Some dickhead round here has a new motorbike. I don't mind motorbikes, I grew up around them, but driving around the estate and constantly revving the engine till about 12am every day is really grating on my nerves. It's been happening since Monday.


There's someone around here doing the same, although he seems to have given it a rest recently. Some middle aged man with a noisey Harley type bike, just riding it up and down our road all day, wearing a black shell type helmet with a white skull on it, and wearing a black vest :fp: The last time he was doing it I felt like telling him to strawberry float off and have his mid-life crisis somehwere else.

3am this morning a tow truck took away my upstairs neighbours motorbike. 3am. Who the hell calls a recovery truck at 3am? When the bike is parked and had been all day since 10am? It's not the same bike that's been speeding round but it was just as annoying.


Seriously that's probably been stolen. I know someone that had that happen with their caravan. Someone turned up in the middle of the night with a tow truck and craned the thing off their drive.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
<]:^D
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Thing's that annoy u. Is it Friday yet PSML
by <]:^D » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:46 pm

yeah that sounds pretty dodge :|

User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: Thing's that annoy u. Is it Friday yet PSML
by Ironhide » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:40 pm

Tsunade wrote:Some dickhead round here has a new motorbike. I don't mind motorbikes, I grew up around them, but driving around the estate and constantly revving the engine till about 12am every day is really grating on my nerves. It's been happening since Monday.



Had the same thing for several months last year, was usually round about 3am when someone on a nearby road started revving up either a bike or gooseberry fool car fitted with noisy exhausts for an hour or two.

Wasn't that loud due to the distance but was just enough to keep me awake (I'm an extremely light sleeper due to various health issues).

Was doing my head in for ages then suddenly stopped, I like to think someone beat them to death with something heavy (or at least hurt them enough to make them stop being a banana split).

Image
User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: Thing's that annoy u. Is it Friday yet PSML
by Ironhide » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:32 pm

Just bought the new Tool album digitally via HDTracks and strawberry floating hell what a ballache that was, firstly why the strawberry float is it £20 for the FLAC version when the mp3 is £7.99, and secondly you have to use some gooseberry fool download manager to actually download it.

Never again.

Album is effing brilliant though.

Image
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Thing's that annoy u. Is it Friday yet PSML
by Victor Mildew » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:14 am

> First hand footage of hurricane in bahamas :dread:
> Every single video is in portrait orientation :x

Priorities people, turn your phones sideways :capnscotty:

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Thing's that annoy u. Is it Friday yet PSML
by Moggy » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:52 am

Mad woman: “I’m really worried about this hurricane, I’m supposed to be going to Disneyland”

Me: “when are you going?”

Mad woman: “20 September”

Me: “Yeah I think you’ll be fine”

:lol: :fp:

User avatar
Vermilion
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: Thing's that annoy u. Is it Friday yet PSML
by Vermilion » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:52 am

Ad7 wrote:> First hand footage of hurricane in bahamas :dread:
> Every single video is in portrait orientation :x

Priorities people, turn your phones sideways :capnscotty:


I hate when people do this, either film stuff in landscape mode or not at all!

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Thing's that annoy u. Is it Friday yet PSML
by Preezy » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:14 am

Woman that sits opposite me slurps her tea, GRINDS MY GEARS and it's only 9:14 :x

User avatar
Blue Eyes
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Thing's that annoy u. Is it Friday yet PSML
by Blue Eyes » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:20 am

Preezy wrote:Woman that sits opposite me slurps her tea, GRINDS MY GEARS and it's only 9:14 :x

Slurp your own tea even louder.


Return to “Stuff”